1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Container Gardening

Discussion relating to growing within the confines of a Container

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Howard Stone

Keeping foxes of your irrigation system.

I wonder if I could possibly pick your brains on your watering system, I am helping to develop a new version of our flood/leak detection and prevention system. At the moment it only switches water...
    I wonder if I could possibly pick your brains on your watering system, I am helping to develop a new version of our flood/leak detection and prevention system. At the moment it only switches water off if flow is detected for a set amount of time (shuts of the mains water and sounds an alarm), we...
    I wonder if I could possibly pick your brains on your watering system, I am helping to develop a new version of our flood/leak detection and prevention system. At the moment it only switches water off if flow is detected for a set amount of time...
    I wonder if I could possibly pick your brains on your watering system, I am helping to develop a new version of our flood/leak detection and prevention system. At the moment it only switches water...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Black Orchid

NEED ADVICE FOR CONTAINER PLANTING OF PEONIES AND ROSES IN WINTER

Thank you for appreciation!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Snorky85

Ideas for bulbs in containers for continual flowerinng feb-summer??

All my examples are easy to find in most garden centres. Not quite so easily found but really choice and worth the effort is Ipheon "Rolf Feidler"............... Other summer bloomers could...
    All my examples are easy to find in most garden centres. Not quite so easily found but really choice and worth the effort is Ipheon "Rolf Feidler"............... Other summer bloomers could include the less common Lilies; Lilium michauxii.................. Lilium martagon....................
    All my examples are easy to find in most garden centres. Not quite so easily found but really choice and worth the effort is Ipheon "Rolf Feidler"............... Other summer bloomers could include the less common Lilies; Lilium...
    All my examples are easy to find in most garden centres. Not quite so easily found but really choice and worth the effort is Ipheon "Rolf Feidler"............... Other summer bloomers could...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Kimberley
    Like x 5

Fairy Garden

Love it, @Kimberley :wub2: If the sedums keep growing so well, it will soon fill out to be an even more beautiful space with hidden promise! Well done :thumbsup: PS: You posted in absolutely the right place :dbgrtmb:
    Love it, @Kimberley :wub2: If the sedums keep growing so well, it will soon fill out to be an even more beautiful space with hidden promise! Well done :thumbsup: PS: You posted in absolutely the right place :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Paul Blackburn

What is suitable to grow in pot's

I planted the bulbs just over three weeks ago does anyone know about how long it tales the bulbs to start sprouting.
    I planted the bulbs just over three weeks ago does anyone know about how long it tales the bulbs to start sprouting.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. tnpmonkey

Cheapest type of wood to make planters

Harry, we must have overwhelmed him with our knowledge.lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Wobblycogs

Ideas please for my new container.

Why not just use seasonal bedding? That would give you year round colour.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Franco50

Forest Flame - Revival?

Thanks for the replies. I'll do a re-pot and feed and see how we get on. It's one of my favourite shrubs and would like to try and get some life back into it. This photo is from just a couple of...
    Thanks for the replies. I'll do a re-pot and feed and see how we get on. It's one of my favourite shrubs and would like to try and get some life back into it. This photo is from just a couple of years ago.
    Thanks for the replies. I'll do a re-pot and feed and see how we get on. It's one of my favourite shrubs and would like to try and get some life back into it. This photo is from just a couple of years ago.
    Thanks for the replies. I'll do a re-pot and feed and see how we get on. It's one of my favourite shrubs and would like to try and get some life back into it. This photo is from just a couple of...
    2a0a7948.jpg Img_3008.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Rebaka darling

Gladiolus... When will they flower..?

I forgot to put mine in :doh:.. bunged them on top of a pot last week and shoots now breaking through so don't fret.. mine will flower when frosts come in no doubt :redface:
    I forgot to put mine in :doh:.. bunged them on top of a pot last week and shoots now breaking through so don't fret.. mine will flower when frosts come in no doubt :redface:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. enchanté jardinier

Window Box Building Steps - My railings planters

Hello, To decorate my wrap around porch, I made these window box or planters or railings flower box. Easy to make. Steps ----> My window boxes
    Hello, To decorate my wrap around porch, I made these window box or planters or railings flower box. Easy to make. Steps ----> My window boxes
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Delta

Wisteria feeding?

I've got a 4-yo air-layered Wisteria tree growing in a 10 inch pot currently (same one it arrived to me in 2 months ago). It's wonderfully healthy having seen off a heavy slug attack, & growing...
    I've got a 4-yo air-layered Wisteria tree growing in a 10 inch pot currently (same one it arrived to me in 2 months ago). It's wonderfully healthy having seen off a heavy slug attack, & growing crazily (as they do). However, I'm trying to prepare it for when it'll hopefully be ready to flower...
    I've got a 4-yo air-layered Wisteria tree growing in a 10 inch pot currently (same one it arrived to me in 2 months ago). It's wonderfully healthy having seen off a heavy slug attack, & growing crazily (as they do). However, I'm trying to...
    I've got a 4-yo air-layered Wisteria tree growing in a 10 inch pot currently (same one it arrived to me in 2 months ago). It's wonderfully healthy having seen off a heavy slug attack, & growing...
    Wisteria (Small).JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Ben James

Dianthus (pink passion) stems drooping!

Thanks Anthony, really informative post. I suspect it must be the temperature situation then, yes. The stems themselves don't feel like they've "cracked" they just look and feel bendy, so in that...
    Thanks Anthony, really informative post. I suspect it must be the temperature situation then, yes. The stems themselves don't feel like they've "cracked" they just look and feel bendy, so in that case perhaps if the temperature stabilises they will recover they're shape? It's a shape is all, as...
    Thanks Anthony, really informative post. I suspect it must be the temperature situation then, yes. The stems themselves don't feel like they've "cracked" they just look and feel bendy, so in that case perhaps if the temperature stabilises they...
    Thanks Anthony, really informative post. I suspect it must be the temperature situation then, yes. The stems themselves don't feel like they've "cracked" they just look and feel bendy, so in that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Acer chaser

Acer bonsai?

Damage wise looks next to nothing now for only having potting it up and moving to a shady area. Obviously a bit of scorching of the leaves and a feeling of bareness due to a bit of brutal pruning...
    Damage wise looks next to nothing now for only having potting it up and moving to a shady area. Obviously a bit of scorching of the leaves and a feeling of bareness due to a bit of brutal pruning of the damaged stems.
    Damage wise looks next to nothing now for only having potting it up and moving to a shady area. Obviously a bit of scorching of the leaves and a feeling of bareness due to a bit of brutal pruning of the damaged stems.
    Damage wise looks next to nothing now for only having potting it up and moving to a shady area. Obviously a bit of scorching of the leaves and a feeling of bareness due to a bit of brutal pruning...
    20160606_203926.jpg 20160606_203934.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. DannyB

Container plant identification?

Thank you everhopeful :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. fuchsialady

Daffodils in pots

Hi Fuchsialady, Just make sure that they don't dry out completely during the Summer. Can't you just sow some annuals on the top the pots and sprinkle a little compost over them. I'm thinking...
    Hi Fuchsialady, Just make sure that they don't dry out completely during the Summer. Can't you just sow some annuals on the top the pots and sprinkle a little compost over them. I'm thinking something like Candytuft, Godetia, Clarkia, Cornflower or other hardy annuals.
    Hi Fuchsialady, Just make sure that they don't dry out completely during the Summer. Can't you just sow some annuals on the top the pots and sprinkle a little compost over them. I'm thinking something like Candytuft, Godetia, Clarkia, Cornflower...
    Hi Fuchsialady, Just make sure that they don't dry out completely during the Summer. Can't you just sow some annuals on the top the pots and sprinkle a little compost over them. I'm thinking...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. AndyW72

Shady and Sunny decking spots

Its kinda north facing (ish). I want something that grows tall for the shady spot that doesn't bush out too much. I haven't got the pots yet but was thinking quite large ones to make them a...
    Its kinda north facing (ish). I want something that grows tall for the shady spot that doesn't bush out too much. I haven't got the pots yet but was thinking quite large ones to make them a feature as well as the plants... Prefer something that i can just keep tidy year to year rather than...
    Its kinda north facing (ish). I want something that grows tall for the shady spot that doesn't bush out too much. I haven't got the pots yet but was thinking quite large ones to make them a feature as well as the plants... Prefer something...
    Its kinda north facing (ish). I want something that grows tall for the shady spot that doesn't bush out too much. I haven't got the pots yet but was thinking quite large ones to make them a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. joh98.mac

How to Avoid Spindly Chilies

I know it's a late reply but you can bury the stems. They will take root quickly and help stop them being top heavy. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I know it's a late reply but you can bury the stems. They will take root quickly and help stop them being top heavy. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. clanless

Dahlia tubers - will it grow?

Thanks for responding - in the bin it goes :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. AndyTurtles

Orange ball buddleja (Buddleja globosa) not thriving

One of the things about Buddleja's is that they take extremely easily from cuttings so you could always start another off in case the original one kicks the bucket......having said that since...
    One of the things about Buddleja's is that they take extremely easily from cuttings so you could always start another off in case the original one kicks the bucket......having said that since Buddleja's can be found unwanted and unloved on waste ground, old industrial sites, buildings, roofs,...
    One of the things about Buddleja's is that they take extremely easily from cuttings so you could always start another off in case the original one kicks the bucket......having said that since Buddleja's can be found unwanted and unloved on waste...
    One of the things about Buddleja's is that they take extremely easily from cuttings so you could always start another off in case the original one kicks the bucket......having said that since...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. clanless

Conservatory containers

If it's any help..i did have some success with a jasmine that grew for years in our conservatory and scented the whole house when it was in bloom. It needed a fair bit of maintenance and it only...
    If it's any help..i did have some success with a jasmine that grew for years in our conservatory and scented the whole house when it was in bloom. It needed a fair bit of maintenance and it only went out the door when it outgrew the room!
    If it's any help..i did have some success with a jasmine that grew for years in our conservatory and scented the whole house when it was in bloom. It needed a fair bit of maintenance and it only went out the door when it outgrew the room!
    If it's any help..i did have some success with a jasmine that grew for years in our conservatory and scented the whole house when it was in bloom. It needed a fair bit of maintenance and it only...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options