1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poly-Tunnel Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Webmaster

My Polytunnel(s)

Can you not wait till a little later in the season? Once spring is underway, used commercial polytunnel frames start to flood ebay, for next to nothing. Here is one 20ft wide, 74ft long for...
    Can you not wait till a little later in the season? Once spring is underway, used commercial polytunnel frames start to flood ebay, for next to nothing. Here is one 20ft wide, 74ft long for £290. Commercial Polytunnel Frame 20' X 74' | eBay You will get much cheaper than that in the spring...
    Can you not wait till a little later in the season? Once spring is underway, used commercial polytunnel frames start to flood ebay, for next to nothing. Here is one 20ft wide, 74ft long for £290. Commercial Polytunnel Frame 20' X 74' |...
    Can you not wait till a little later in the season? Once spring is underway, used commercial polytunnel frames start to flood ebay, for next to nothing. Here is one 20ft wide, 74ft long for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Steve R
    Like x 4

Steve's Polytunnels

A day was spent firstly applying "anti hotspot tape" to the hoops then to any other areas with sharp corners and or edges (Timber corners of the side rails etc). Anti hotspot tape is an adhesive...
    A day was spent firstly applying "anti hotspot tape" to the hoops then to any other areas with sharp corners and or edges (Timber corners of the side rails etc). Anti hotspot tape is an adhesive backed cushioned tape roughly 5mm thick with a glossy back. Metal hoops heat up in sunshine and...
    A day was spent firstly applying "anti hotspot tape" to the hoops then to any other areas with sharp corners and or edges (Timber corners of the side rails etc). Anti hotspot tape is an adhesive backed cushioned tape roughly 5mm thick with a...
    A day was spent firstly applying "anti hotspot tape" to the hoops then to any other areas with sharp corners and or edges (Timber corners of the side rails etc). Anti hotspot tape is an adhesive...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Like x 8

Marley's Tunnel...

@Scrungee I don't copy 'direct link' I copy the IMG option and then just paste it into my answer, like so:
    @Scrungee I don't copy 'direct link' I copy the IMG option and then just paste it into my answer, like so:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. freeflow

Lean to growing versus polytunel

Forgot to mention there is clear corrugated sheeting available so you can replace the rooftop?
    Forgot to mention there is clear corrugated sheeting available so you can replace the rooftop?
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Scudo

poly greenhouse

Condensation will persist from day today, its part of our damp climate. Dampness can be more of a killer than the actual cold. You can only do your best and ventilate when ever you get the chance.
    Condensation will persist from day today, its part of our damp climate. Dampness can be more of a killer than the actual cold. You can only do your best and ventilate when ever you get the chance.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Rob Taylor

Time for a tunnel

stainless bolts would be best but could cost you more than the tunnel. If you coat zinc bolts/hardware with a thin layer of vaseline it`ll keep the moisture off and they wont rust as fast.
    stainless bolts would be best but could cost you more than the tunnel. If you coat zinc bolts/hardware with a thin layer of vaseline it`ll keep the moisture off and they wont rust as fast.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Poly Hive

Where to source from

Hi Ph, For a number of years I have used the cheaper tunnels known as "blowaways", they are called this as the are inadequate as supplied to stay in one place through our rough winters. A few of...
    Hi Ph, For a number of years I have used the cheaper tunnels known as "blowaways", they are called this as the are inadequate as supplied to stay in one place through our rough winters. A few of us here have them and each of us have developed our own methods to anchor them, then they make...
    Hi Ph, For a number of years I have used the cheaper tunnels known as "blowaways", they are called this as the are inadequate as supplied to stay in one place through our rough winters. A few of us here have them and each of us have developed...
    Hi Ph, For a number of years I have used the cheaper tunnels known as "blowaways", they are called this as the are inadequate as supplied to stay in one place through our rough winters. A few of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wavebuster
    Funny x 4

NOBODY LIKES TO DO IT!

Potato/Tomato blight needs green material to survive. It will not overwinter in the soil.
    Potato/Tomato blight needs green material to survive. It will not overwinter in the soil.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Jimcub

Another eBay poly

Because I have a fence on 2 sides, I turned the cover in under the frame and buried it. As a reserve I have 3 webbed straps anchored to the ground 18" down, not pulled tight just laid over. Cover...
    Because I have a fence on 2 sides, I turned the cover in under the frame and buried it. As a reserve I have 3 webbed straps anchored to the ground 18" down, not pulled tight just laid over. Cover was pulled tight when I put the door way in and it is sideways to the wind, no problems yet touch wood.
    Because I have a fence on 2 sides, I turned the cover in under the frame and buried it. As a reserve I have 3 webbed straps anchored to the ground 18" down, not pulled tight just laid over. Cover was pulled tight when I put the door way in and it...
    Because I have a fence on 2 sides, I turned the cover in under the frame and buried it. As a reserve I have 3 webbed straps anchored to the ground 18" down, not pulled tight just laid over. Cover...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Tijs

Polytunnel and raised beds

All neat and tidy, I can't get my body to function as it did to get in the garden yet. I have a green cover and it passed the wind test, previously it had been ripped off and I hand stitched it...
    All neat and tidy, I can't get my body to function as it did to get in the garden yet. I have a green cover and it passed the wind test, previously it had been ripped off and I hand stitched it together. I bought a second cover for £20 which I have in reserve, I also have a gazebo up since last...
    All neat and tidy, I can't get my body to function as it did to get in the garden yet. I have a green cover and it passed the wind test, previously it had been ripped off and I hand stitched it together. I bought a second cover for £20 which I...
    All neat and tidy, I can't get my body to function as it did to get in the garden yet. I have a green cover and it passed the wind test, previously it had been ripped off and I hand stitched it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. wavebuster

Polytunnel polythene

Steve, I haven't a clue where to begin on posting photo's! I'm not computer savvy enough sorry:love30:
    Steve, I haven't a clue where to begin on posting photo's! I'm not computer savvy enough sorry:love30:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Mo_

new polytunnel

Definitely stake it in to the ground and it will also support the frame. My one is galvanised but still not strong enough against gale force winds of 90mph. If you are quite handy at diy i would...
    Definitely stake it in to the ground and it will also support the frame. My one is galvanised but still not strong enough against gale force winds of 90mph. If you are quite handy at diy i would make one using scaffold poles and plastic pipe.
    Definitely stake it in to the ground and it will also support the frame. My one is galvanised but still not strong enough against gale force winds of 90mph. If you are quite handy at diy i would make one using scaffold poles and plastic pipe.
    Definitely stake it in to the ground and it will also support the frame. My one is galvanised but still not strong enough against gale force winds of 90mph. If you are quite handy at diy i would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. jennywren

Need some inspiration for winter crops in the polytunnel

Thought I'd post an update...we've been eating the oriental greens as salad and leaving the lettuce to grow on a bit. I think this little lot should see us through a few more weeks. In the other...
    Thought I'd post an update...we've been eating the oriental greens as salad and leaving the lettuce to grow on a bit. I think this little lot should see us through a few more weeks. In the other tunnel I've been using the thinnings from the Pak Choi and Chinese cabbage in salad but have now left...
    Thought I'd post an update...we've been eating the oriental greens as salad and leaving the lettuce to grow on a bit. I think this little lot should see us through a few more weeks. In the other tunnel I've been using the thinnings from the Pak...
    Thought I'd post an update...we've been eating the oriental greens as salad and leaving the lettuce to grow on a bit. I think this little lot should see us through a few more weeks. In the other...
    Poly Jan.JPG Little bowls of salad.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. CreakyJoints
    Like x 4

I Just Bought A Small Polytunnel

Update ! The joiner came out this morning and measured everything up for my greenhouse/polyhouse. There's a possibility that he may build one bigger than 8' x 6', so that's even better, it could...
    Update ! The joiner came out this morning and measured everything up for my greenhouse/polyhouse. There's a possibility that he may build one bigger than 8' x 6', so that's even better, it could be 10 or even 12 feet long. His quote for 2 days work was very reasonable too at £200, and he's the...
    Update ! The joiner came out this morning and measured everything up for my greenhouse/polyhouse. There's a possibility that he may build one bigger than 8' x 6', so that's even better, it could be 10 or even 12 feet long. His quote for 2 days...
    Update ! The joiner came out this morning and measured everything up for my greenhouse/polyhouse. There's a possibility that he may build one bigger than 8' x 6', so that's even better, it could...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jimcub

Poly tunnel doors

I'll be using the same space for a greenhouse in the next few years, so thought I'd have the hardcore base laid now. My tunnel will have a timber framework to strengthen it, again, due to the very...
    I'll be using the same space for a greenhouse in the next few years, so thought I'd have the hardcore base laid now. My tunnel will have a timber framework to strengthen it, again, due to the very exposed position. I'll be fixing the timber base rail to 3 100mm square posts which will be lying...
    I'll be using the same space for a greenhouse in the next few years, so thought I'd have the hardcore base laid now. My tunnel will have a timber framework to strengthen it, again, due to the very exposed position. I'll be fixing the timber base...
    I'll be using the same space for a greenhouse in the next few years, so thought I'd have the hardcore base laid now. My tunnel will have a timber framework to strengthen it, again, due to the very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Scrungee
    Like x 4

My £86, 6 x 3m polytunnel from ebay

I wish I had your property too! we need a green with envy symbol!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jonathan

Spur of the moment purchase

I know the problem of the door zips opening and wind ripping the seams apart, I rescued mine and after sewing it up change the orientation and put it back on. The differences I made this time is...
    I know the problem of the door zips opening and wind ripping the seams apart, I rescued mine and after sewing it up change the orientation and put it back on. The differences I made this time is turned 90 deg so side on to wind. Sank the frame 6" and pulled the cover under the frame before...
    I know the problem of the door zips opening and wind ripping the seams apart, I rescued mine and after sewing it up change the orientation and put it back on. The differences I made this time is turned 90 deg so side on to wind. Sank the frame 6"...
    I know the problem of the door zips opening and wind ripping the seams apart, I rescued mine and after sewing it up change the orientation and put it back on. The differences I made this time is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. savo318

Pollinating toms in a tunnel

sorry i was trying to remember what they were called from memory. they are White Emergo.
    sorry i was trying to remember what they were called from memory. they are White Emergo.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. MournePT

My polytunnel for mostly chillies

How's it going this year ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. savo318

rotting cucumber fruit

i have removed all the fruits now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Mel Ed'sMum

Poly Tunnel Layout

I was considering getting a cheap hose and then putting some Hozelock jet nozzles into it as certain intervals, the hose being cable tied to the ridge bars of my tunnel (though I don't know how...
    I was considering getting a cheap hose and then putting some Hozelock jet nozzles into it as certain intervals, the hose being cable tied to the ridge bars of my tunnel (though I don't know how many ridge bars you might have) Something like these :- It's another of my brain waves..... Idea...
    I was considering getting a cheap hose and then putting some Hozelock jet nozzles into it as certain intervals, the hose being cable tied to the ridge bars of my tunnel (though I don't know how many ridge bars you might have) Something like...
    I was considering getting a cheap hose and then putting some Hozelock jet nozzles into it as certain intervals, the hose being cable tied to the ridge bars of my tunnel (though I don't know how...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. jennywren

Is my poly plan sound?

First ever polytunnel crop! But better still aubergines are growing like mad and tomatoes have flowers on them. Wish I could say the chilli peppers I grew from seed are thriving they look pathetic...
    First ever polytunnel crop! But better still aubergines are growing like mad and tomatoes have flowers on them. Wish I could say the chilli peppers I grew from seed are thriving they look pathetic but maybe they'll catch up.
    First ever polytunnel crop! But better still aubergines are growing like mad and tomatoes have flowers on them. Wish I could say the chilli peppers I grew from seed are thriving they look pathetic but maybe they'll catch up.
    First ever polytunnel crop! But better still aubergines are growing like mad and tomatoes have flowers on them. Wish I could say the chilli peppers I grew from seed are thriving they look pathetic...
    Start.JPG hens.JPG Tunnel.JPG less work.JPG foam.JPG IMG_3956.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. John Stevenson

Grape Vine in a Polytunnel

At my allotment, someone who has a grapevine in a tunnel offered the advice to plant it outside, but train it into the tunnel, that way you'll get the benefit of rainwater when it rains.
    At my allotment, someone who has a grapevine in a tunnel offered the advice to plant it outside, but train it into the tunnel, that way you'll get the benefit of rainwater when it rains.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options