1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Allotments Discussion

Got and Allotment? Or Want an Allotment? All Discussion here for what you can do and how to get one.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. BexAnn

New to allotments.. Completely overgrown.. what now?

Lol Kristen a self-propelled rotavator will be on my wish list for the future when i can no longer handle the big boy but until then the pennies stay in the bank although that's not a brilliant...
    Lol Kristen a self-propelled rotavator will be on my wish list for the future when i can no longer handle the big boy but until then the pennies stay in the bank although that's not a brilliant idea with the present climate.Hel.xxx.
    Lol Kristen a self-propelled rotavator will be on my wish list for the future when i can no longer handle the big boy but until then the pennies stay in the bank although that's not a brilliant idea with the present climate.Hel.xxx.
    Lol Kristen a self-propelled rotavator will be on my wish list for the future when i can no longer handle the big boy but until then the pennies stay in the bank although that's not a brilliant...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Katcha

Joe's Allotment

Hiya, I hope you don't mind me posting in here. I work for BBC Books and wanted to let you know that the Times are going to be running some exclusive content from Joe's Allotment, which is the...
    Hiya, I hope you don't mind me posting in here. I work for BBC Books and wanted to let you know that the Times are going to be running some exclusive content from Joe's Allotment, which is the new book by Joe Swift (who runs the allotment slot on Gardener's World). So make sure that you keep...
    Hiya, I hope you don't mind me posting in here. I work for BBC Books and wanted to let you know that the Times are going to be running some exclusive content from Joe's Allotment, which is the new book by Joe Swift (who runs the allotment slot...
    Hiya, I hope you don't mind me posting in here. I work for BBC Books and wanted to let you know that the Times are going to be running some exclusive content from Joe's Allotment, which is the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. karenlynne

brand new allotment girls

I just wanted to say well done ladies! I think more people should do what you are doing.....its so satisfying growing your own isn't it. I think i'm turning into Mr good (the good life) Baz
    I just wanted to say well done ladies! I think more people should do what you are doing.....its so satisfying growing your own isn't it. I think i'm turning into Mr good (the good life) Baz
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Totalbeginner!

new plot, new gardener! help!

Hi Totalbeginner I may be on my own with this view but I believe anything that can be recycled should be, so all the roots I find on our plots I just bag up and stack these to one side to stand...
    Hi Totalbeginner I may be on my own with this view but I believe anything that can be recycled should be, so all the roots I find on our plots I just bag up and stack these to one side to stand for a year before adding to my compost bins.Hel.xxx.
    Hi Totalbeginner I may be on my own with this view but I believe anything that can be recycled should be, so all the roots I find on our plots I just bag up and stack these to one side to stand for a year before adding to my compost bins.Hel.xxx.
    Hi Totalbeginner I may be on my own with this view but I believe anything that can be recycled should be, so all the roots I find on our plots I just bag up and stack these to one side to stand...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. sogovia

Can someone tell me how much are allotments

Perhaps a neighbour with a neglected garden might let you use theirs in return for a bit of produce!
    Perhaps a neighbour with a neglected garden might let you use theirs in return for a bit of produce!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. benacre

Greedy plotholders

Sell off of allotments? I don't remember that, there haven't been any sell offs in our area during that period - it has been talked about every now and again but the council have always backed...
    Sell off of allotments? I don't remember that, there haven't been any sell offs in our area during that period - it has been talked about every now and again but the council have always backed down or provided alternatives. Please enlighten me.
    Sell off of allotments? I don't remember that, there haven't been any sell offs in our area during that period - it has been talked about every now and again but the council have always backed down or provided alternatives. Please enlighten me.
    Sell off of allotments? I don't remember that, there haven't been any sell offs in our area during that period - it has been talked about every now and again but the council have always backed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. oktarine

Reads Allotment Retreat

Hi Oktarine no doubt your allotment passion will fuel others on and get more people to join this wonderful hobby because there are spare plots going you just have to look for them. I'll look...
    Hi Oktarine no doubt your allotment passion will fuel others on and get more people to join this wonderful hobby because there are spare plots going you just have to look for them. I'll look forward into seeing what you get up to down on your plots, although if you're like us we are just...
    Hi Oktarine no doubt your allotment passion will fuel others on and get more people to join this wonderful hobby because there are spare plots going you just have to look for them. I'll look forward into seeing what you get up to down on your...
    Hi Oktarine no doubt your allotment passion will fuel others on and get more people to join this wonderful hobby because there are spare plots going you just have to look for them. I'll look...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Adam Moran

What flowers to grow on the allotment?

I have brought:Clarkia concinna 'Pink Ribbons' -1 Packet (1000 Seeds) £0.50 Nasturtium 'Ladybird' -1 packet (30 seeds) £0.80 Sweet Pea 'Blue Ripple' -1 packet (25 seeds) £0.50 Sweet...
    I have brought:Clarkia concinna 'Pink Ribbons' -1 Packet (1000 Seeds) £0.50 Nasturtium 'Ladybird' -1 packet (30 seeds) £0.80 Sweet Pea 'Blue Ripple' -1 packet (25 seeds) £0.50 Sweet Pea 'Lilac Ripple' -1 Packet (25 seeds) £0.50
    I have brought:Clarkia concinna 'Pink Ribbons' -1 Packet (1000 Seeds) £0.50 Nasturtium 'Ladybird' -1 packet (30 seeds) £0.80 Sweet Pea 'Blue Ripple' -1 packet (25 seeds) £0.50 Sweet Pea 'Lilac Ripple' -1 Packet (25 seeds) £0.50
    I have brought:Clarkia concinna 'Pink Ribbons' -1 Packet (1000 Seeds) £0.50 Nasturtium 'Ladybird' -1 packet (30 seeds) £0.80 Sweet Pea 'Blue Ripple' -1 packet (25 seeds) £0.50 Sweet...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. PLOTTY

My Allotments Updates

Hi Kandyfloss, lovely to hear from you again on the chat, yes I noticed that Oktarine has update his site as well, fingers crossed for the 23rd by the way and I will send you the tubers in the...
    Hi Kandyfloss, lovely to hear from you again on the chat, yes I noticed that Oktarine has update his site as well, fingers crossed for the 23rd by the way and I will send you the tubers in the next day or two that you wanted, are you sure that is all you want as I do have more spare, regards Steve.
    Hi Kandyfloss, lovely to hear from you again on the chat, yes I noticed that Oktarine has update his site as well, fingers crossed for the 23rd by the way and I will send you the tubers in the next day or two that you wanted, are you sure that is...
    Hi Kandyfloss, lovely to hear from you again on the chat, yes I noticed that Oktarine has update his site as well, fingers crossed for the 23rd by the way and I will send you the tubers in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Adam Moran

My allotment plan, advice please

Looks good to me Adam. Its good to plan what to start with, but after that I try and fill the gaps as and when the veg are finished. I gave up trying to stick to a rotation plan. In my experience...
    Looks good to me Adam. Its good to plan what to start with, but after that I try and fill the gaps as and when the veg are finished. I gave up trying to stick to a rotation plan. In my experience I've found its possible to grow early spuds which get harvested in June/July and follow on with the...
    Looks good to me Adam. Its good to plan what to start with, but after that I try and fill the gaps as and when the veg are finished. I gave up trying to stick to a rotation plan. In my experience I've found its possible to grow early spuds which...
    Looks good to me Adam. Its good to plan what to start with, but after that I try and fill the gaps as and when the veg are finished. I gave up trying to stick to a rotation plan. In my experience...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. golfer

Allotment

Helofadigger Thanks for that had a quick look but will need to put a few hours aside to take it all in.
    Helofadigger Thanks for that had a quick look but will need to put a few hours aside to take it all in.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. golfer

Allotment

Thank for your comment yes it was hard going but now it gets easier.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. FANCY

Children on allotments H/S

what have the young couples to do with there kids when thy are at there allotment put them on the streets I DON'T THINK SO
    what have the young couples to do with there kids when thy are at there allotment put them on the streets I DON'T THINK SO
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. lindyco

How to get an allotment?

I think half a plot is a good idea if you are not used to allotment gardening.It can be very tedious and daunting specially having to dig up twitch, bramble,bind weed and mares tail.:(
    I think half a plot is a good idea if you are not used to allotment gardening.It can be very tedious and daunting specially having to dig up twitch, bramble,bind weed and mares tail.:(
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Anthony

Anthony's allotment thread!

Hi Dave. You hijack away! :D Ant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Helofadigger

Allotment builds

just think of all the money you have saved Helen:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Vince

Selling Allotment Produce

Fancy, look on the bright side,at least they didn`t charge you for the envelope.:thmb::D
    Fancy, look on the bright side,at least they didn`t charge you for the envelope.:thmb::D
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Anthony

Allotment prices.

1 Rod = 30.25 Sq Yds
    1 Rod = 30.25 Sq Yds
    1 Rod = 30.25 Sq Yds
    1 Rod = 30.25 Sq Yds
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. timecharger

Animals on allotments

Gosh Helen, I will run a mile if someone kept bees on our allotment. I am having a job to keep up with my Asthma. I dont mind chickens. We are not allowed to keep livestock on the allotments....
    Gosh Helen, I will run a mile if someone kept bees on our allotment. I am having a job to keep up with my Asthma. I dont mind chickens. We are not allowed to keep livestock on the allotments. Helen you are the lucky ones.
    Gosh Helen, I will run a mile if someone kept bees on our allotment. I am having a job to keep up with my Asthma. I dont mind chickens. We are not allowed to keep livestock on the allotments. Helen you are the lucky ones.
    Gosh Helen, I will run a mile if someone kept bees on our allotment. I am having a job to keep up with my Asthma. I dont mind chickens. We are not allowed to keep livestock on the allotments....
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. oktarine

We've taken on an allotment

Thanks james for your comments.Managed to find and buy 50 Sets on ebay - my favourite shop !We've made a start on the plot, and theres a new blog!Check it out now at .All for now.
    Thanks james for your comments.Managed to find and buy 50 Sets on ebay - my favourite shop !We've made a start on the plot, and theres a new blog!Check it out now at .All for now.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice