1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Allotments Discussion

Got and Allotment? Or Want an Allotment? All Discussion here for what you can do and how to get one.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Aesculus

Maintain Plot for One Growing Season?

The u shaped pond sounds cool
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. James Middleton

Buying Seeds for your Allotment

Hi James as a car boot junkie I have seen many a booter selling those 'past it' seeds but unlike your goodself the ones I have seen are out of date by at least 10 years! I tend to go to...
    Hi James as a car boot junkie I have seen many a booter selling those 'past it' seeds but unlike your goodself the ones I have seen are out of date by at least 10 years! I tend to go to Wilkinsons and Dobbies to buy half price seeds which I find tend to have at least 2 years on the 'best...
    Hi James as a car boot junkie I have seen many a booter selling those 'past it' seeds but unlike your goodself the ones I have seen are out of date by at least 10 years! I tend to go to Wilkinsons and Dobbies to buy half price seeds which I...
    Hi James as a car boot junkie I have seen many a booter selling those 'past it' seeds but unlike your goodself the ones I have seen are out of date by at least 10 years! I tend to go to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. louis

Want an allotment?

We secured a plot just 2 days ago, from the 150 or so that were available, in an area that houses approx 240 plots. Reading this discussion, it seems we have been VERY lucky indeed. We're starting...
    We secured a plot just 2 days ago, from the 150 or so that were available, in an area that houses approx 240 plots. Reading this discussion, it seems we have been VERY lucky indeed. We're starting out with 5 Rods, whatever that equates to in metric ! and have the option to extend to 10 rods if...
    We secured a plot just 2 days ago, from the 150 or so that were available, in an area that houses approx 240 plots. Reading this discussion, it seems we have been VERY lucky indeed. We're starting out with 5 Rods, whatever that equates to in...
    We secured a plot just 2 days ago, from the 150 or so that were available, in an area that houses approx 240 plots. Reading this discussion, it seems we have been VERY lucky indeed. We're starting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley

Allotment Petition...!!!!

im not to sure how to put the petition on another site cleanly i think this site should be notified
    im not to sure how to put the petition on another site cleanly i think this site should be notified
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. elainefiz

my plot...

Looking good Elaine bet those veggies tasted really lovely yesterday morning I went to check on our plot only to come away with yet another carrier bag full of tasty stuff the guys all run around...
    Looking good Elaine bet those veggies tasted really lovely yesterday morning I went to check on our plot only to come away with yet another carrier bag full of tasty stuff the guys all run around trying to feed me up, I'm sure they must think I don't get fed at home!:D Hel.xxx.
    Looking good Elaine bet those veggies tasted really lovely yesterday morning I went to check on our plot only to come away with yet another carrier bag full of tasty stuff the guys all run around trying to feed me up, I'm sure they must think I...
    Looking good Elaine bet those veggies tasted really lovely yesterday morning I went to check on our plot only to come away with yet another carrier bag full of tasty stuff the guys all run around...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Harmony Arb

Ideas for my little plot please.

Hi Matthew, Id Like to say I Love your garden, the side path is Fab, Very contempory, and your fence looks great, I would wait untill next year before adding/changing anything, get the feel of...
    Hi Matthew, Id Like to say I Love your garden, the side path is Fab, Very contempory, and your fence looks great, I would wait untill next year before adding/changing anything, get the feel of the garden first because I think you already have an idea of what you like, once again I think Youv'e...
    Hi Matthew, Id Like to say I Love your garden, the side path is Fab, Very contempory, and your fence looks great, I would wait untill next year before adding/changing anything, get the feel of the garden first because I think you already have an...
    Hi Matthew, Id Like to say I Love your garden, the side path is Fab, Very contempory, and your fence looks great, I would wait untill next year before adding/changing anything, get the feel of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. THE MASTER

THE MASTERS plot ,a new begining

i neaver cheat :D lisa does weeding aswell :pand work a rotorvator. the wife is also getting involved, dam she was a fat ole cow . i aint joking the wife has helped out and has lost, at a...
    i neaver cheat :D lisa does weeding aswell :pand work a rotorvator. the wife is also getting involved, dam she was a fat ole cow . i aint joking the wife has helped out and has lost, at a guess some two stone since we got the lotty . that in itself is worth every penny and efort on the...
    i neaver cheat :D lisa does weeding aswell :pand work a rotorvator. the wife is also getting involved, dam she was a fat ole cow . i aint joking the wife has helped out and has lost, at a guess some two stone since we got the lotty . that in...
    i neaver cheat :D lisa does weeding aswell :pand work a rotorvator. the wife is also getting involved, dam she was a fat ole cow . i aint joking the wife has helped out and has lost, at a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. knowlsabeth

school allotments

ive got some mares tail going free. your more than welcome to have seriously i would not wish that weed on anyone:D
    ive got some mares tail going free. your more than welcome to have seriously i would not wish that weed on anyone:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Kathy3

sea side allotment

My goodness Kathy you do have such a lovely allotment so neat and tidy too well done girl. I don't know where you find time to work with that stunning sea view. I have to say it's nice to see...
    My goodness Kathy you do have such a lovely allotment so neat and tidy too well done girl. I don't know where you find time to work with that stunning sea view. I have to say it's nice to see you growing flowers on it as most of the guys on ours don't grow them which seems such a crime in my...
    My goodness Kathy you do have such a lovely allotment so neat and tidy too well done girl. I don't know where you find time to work with that stunning sea view. I have to say it's nice to see you growing flowers on it as most of the guys on...
    My goodness Kathy you do have such a lovely allotment so neat and tidy too well done girl. I don't know where you find time to work with that stunning sea view. I have to say it's nice to see...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. kerryshome

Kerrys allotment pics

Hi Kerry I don't think it will take too long for you to sort out your plot.... little and often and it will soon be weed free. Do the hard work right in the begining i.e. getting rid of all...
    Hi Kerry I don't think it will take too long for you to sort out your plot.... little and often and it will soon be weed free. Do the hard work right in the begining i.e. getting rid of all those roots etc. and it will save you no end of work later. The guys on our plots that used machinery to...
    Hi Kerry I don't think it will take too long for you to sort out your plot.... little and often and it will soon be weed free. Do the hard work right in the begining i.e. getting rid of all those roots etc. and it will save you no end of work...
    Hi Kerry I don't think it will take too long for you to sort out your plot.... little and often and it will soon be weed free. Do the hard work right in the begining i.e. getting rid of all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. daitheplant

Allotments

WE are getting ready for our allotment open day on the 16th August and in the evening we are having a big bbq with all the allotment families i just hope it will not rain on that day. Last year...
    WE are getting ready for our allotment open day on the 16th August and in the evening we are having a big bbq with all the allotment families i just hope it will not rain on that day. Last year the heavens opened. A few more families have joined our allotment site, this means more gossip and...
    WE are getting ready for our allotment open day on the 16th August and in the evening we are having a big bbq with all the allotment families i just hope it will not rain on that day. Last year the heavens opened. A few more families have joined...
    WE are getting ready for our allotment open day on the 16th August and in the evening we are having a big bbq with all the allotment families i just hope it will not rain on that day. Last year...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. kerryshome

My allotment

Lol Kerry to start of you have to make sure you like the stuff you're going to grow otherwise you'll just end up feeding the neighbours!:rolleyes: Do you like beetroot? as there is at least one...
    Lol Kerry to start of you have to make sure you like the stuff you're going to grow otherwise you'll just end up feeding the neighbours!:rolleyes: Do you like beetroot? as there is at least one variety that can be sown out now. It's a shame really as just like yourself we got our allotment a...
    Lol Kerry to start of you have to make sure you like the stuff you're going to grow otherwise you'll just end up feeding the neighbours!:rolleyes: Do you like beetroot? as there is at least one variety that can be sown out now. It's a shame...
    Lol Kerry to start of you have to make sure you like the stuff you're going to grow otherwise you'll just end up feeding the neighbours!:rolleyes: Do you like beetroot? as there is at least one...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. THE MASTER

The history of allotments

What a great find Colin I think it would be wonderful you 'doing up' that old sign. Not allowing dogs down on the allotments is a little harsh as most of the guys down our way have a little dog...
    What a great find Colin I think it would be wonderful you 'doing up' that old sign. Not allowing dogs down on the allotments is a little harsh as most of the guys down our way have a little dog to keep them company although I have yet to see anyone of them cleaning up their dogs mess which is...
    What a great find Colin I think it would be wonderful you 'doing up' that old sign. Not allowing dogs down on the allotments is a little harsh as most of the guys down our way have a little dog to keep them company although I have yet to see...
    What a great find Colin I think it would be wonderful you 'doing up' that old sign. Not allowing dogs down on the allotments is a little harsh as most of the guys down our way have a little dog...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. THE MASTER

wahhooooo

DTP cyder is wot im gonna try :thumb:first. my tree is comming on topsnearly all of the blossom is turning into apples :p for scale the shed you can see in bottom right stands 8foot
    DTP cyder is wot im gonna try :thumb:first. my tree is comming on topsnearly all of the blossom is turning into apples :p for scale the shed you can see in bottom right stands 8foot
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Helofadigger

Troubling anyone?

Hel, sounds like you have to have a committee meeting every time you plant something? This allotmenteering lark seems more of a social event than growing :)
    Hel, sounds like you have to have a committee meeting every time you plant something? This allotmenteering lark seems more of a social event than growing :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. PLOTTY

My Allotments Wk25 Update

Steve,Thanks for the latest update.You sure did have a task working out all the plots to put forward in the comp.They used to have one on our site but the judges were usually friends of plot...
    Steve,Thanks for the latest update.You sure did have a task working out all the plots to put forward in the comp.They used to have one on our site but the judges were usually friends of plot holders and then there was a row because on of the plot holders had his dad looking after his plot...
    Steve,Thanks for the latest update.You sure did have a task working out all the plots to put forward in the comp.They used to have one on our site but the judges were usually friends of plot holders and then there was a row because on of the plot...
    Steve,Thanks for the latest update.You sure did have a task working out all the plots to put forward in the comp.They used to have one on our site but the judges were usually friends of plot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. PLOTTY

My Allotments Wk24 Update

Steve,well done in raising such a good amount from the open day,the composting toilet will come in very handy {we have to use the hedges} and the Clubhouse/Classroom will come in handy for both...
    Steve,well done in raising such a good amount from the open day,the composting toilet will come in very handy {we have to use the hedges} and the Clubhouse/Classroom will come in handy for both the allotmenteers and the school children though if you have a bar in the club house I don't think...
    Steve,well done in raising such a good amount from the open day,the composting toilet will come in very handy {we have to use the hedges} and the Clubhouse/Classroom will come in handy for both the allotmenteers and the school children though if...
    Steve,well done in raising such a good amount from the open day,the composting toilet will come in very handy {we have to use the hedges} and the Clubhouse/Classroom will come in handy for both...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. PLOTTY

My Allotments Wk23 Update

Hi Steve great update again,though at one point I couldn't see some of your photo'ws lower down,just boxes with a cross in them but it looks like the machine has sorted it out.:thumb: A lot of...
    Hi Steve great update again,though at one point I couldn't see some of your photo'ws lower down,just boxes with a cross in them but it looks like the machine has sorted it out.:thumb: A lot of your plants are further on than mine so you may have struck lucky with the warmer weather before we...
    Hi Steve great update again,though at one point I couldn't see some of your photo'ws lower down,just boxes with a cross in them but it looks like the machine has sorted it out.:thumb: A lot of your plants are further on than mine so you may...
    Hi Steve great update again,though at one point I couldn't see some of your photo'ws lower down,just boxes with a cross in them but it looks like the machine has sorted it out.:thumb: A lot of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Helofadigger

Something nasty on our plot!

Go Girl. Do your utmost 'cos people like them are just rotten to the core. They don't care about anything but themselves. G.man :(:(:(
    Go Girl. Do your utmost 'cos people like them are just rotten to the core. They don't care about anything but themselves. G.man :(:(:(
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. PLOTTY

My Allotments Wk 22 Update

Great stuff PLOTTY, keep up the good work, cheers...freddy.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice