1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. longk
    Like x 12

Share your Echeveria photos and chat here

What succulents are they @alana ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. andrews
    Like x 12

Early Christmas Present

This is our problem with presents. If we want something we tend to buy it at that time which makes present buying a bit of a challenge
    This is our problem with presents. If we want something we tend to buy it at that time which makes present buying a bit of a challenge
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Zigs
    Like x 15

Cactus update

On-line Guide to the positive identification of Members of the Cactus FamilyThis can be interesting also !
    On-line Guide to the positive identification of Members of the Cactus FamilyThis can be interesting also !
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Amy_aloevera

What am I doing wrong?

Pete Last year I took a three-foot top cutting from a very large and unwieldy Pilosocereus azureus ; left it to callous for five-months , whereupon adventitious roots were developing . Potted up...
    Pete Last year I took a three-foot top cutting from a very large and unwieldy Pilosocereus azureus ; left it to callous for five-months , whereupon adventitious roots were developing . Potted up and is now growing as normal . The resilience of plants is amazing .
    Pete Last year I took a three-foot top cutting from a very large and unwieldy Pilosocereus azureus ; left it to callous for five-months , whereupon adventitious roots were developing . Potted up and is now growing as normal . The resilience of...
    Pete Last year I took a three-foot top cutting from a very large and unwieldy Pilosocereus azureus ; left it to callous for five-months , whereupon adventitious roots were developing . Potted up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Michael Hewett

:(

Thank you both … @pete and @WeeTam I haven't seen mealy bugs on it until now but maybe they were hiding in between the shoots. I have pulled the offshoots apart and hope to plant them soon. I...
    Thank you both … @pete and @WeeTam I haven't seen mealy bugs on it until now but maybe they were hiding in between the shoots. I have pulled the offshoots apart and hope to plant them soon. I don't think they'll root yet but hopefully they'll last the winter in my conservatory and root in the...
    Thank you both … @pete and @WeeTam I haven't seen mealy bugs on it until now but maybe they were hiding in between the shoots. I have pulled the offshoots apart and hope to plant them soon. I don't think they'll root yet but hopefully they'll...
    Thank you both … @pete and @WeeTam I haven't seen mealy bugs on it until now but maybe they were hiding in between the shoots. I have pulled the offshoots apart and hope to plant them soon. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Michael Hewett
    Like x 7

Rhipsalis epiphytic cacti from Brazil

@longk I think that is possible. They grow in tropical forests around Rio de Janeiro so are not used as much heat and dry air as desert cacti.
    @longk I think that is possible. They grow in tropical forests around Rio de Janeiro so are not used as much heat and dry air as desert cacti.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ricky101

Living Stones/Linthops / Succulents

Plant on the left is a Crassula. Not sure of the species - my books are at homePlant on the right is Pleispeilos nelii
    Plant on the left is a Crassula. Not sure of the species - my books are at homePlant on the right is Pleispeilos nelii
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. strongylodon

Agave pups

Usually if you knock out the rootball you can just pull back the pup and the long stolon that it has grown on just comes away up to the main plant, where you can cut it off. Often this doesn't...
    Usually if you knock out the rootball you can just pull back the pup and the long stolon that it has grown on just comes away up to the main plant, where you can cut it off. Often this doesn't really disturb the main rootball very much.
    Usually if you knock out the rootball you can just pull back the pup and the long stolon that it has grown on just comes away up to the main plant, where you can cut it off. Often this doesn't really disturb the main rootball very much.
    Usually if you knock out the rootball you can just pull back the pup and the long stolon that it has grown on just comes away up to the main plant, where you can cut it off. Often this doesn't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Zigs
    Like x 6

Cuttings

I did :)
    DSCI0001 (14).JPG DSCI0002 (20).JPG DSCI0001 (39).JPG DSCI0001 (38).JPG DSCI0002 (25).JPG kiss5_zps2daacce0.gif
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. longk
    Like x 4

Orostachys iwarenge

An interesting succulent that spreads by creeping stolons - Orostachys iwarenge............... Orostachys iwarenge by longk48, on FlickrOrostachys iwarenge by longk48, on Flickr
    An interesting succulent that spreads by creeping stolons - Orostachys iwarenge............... Orostachys iwarenge by longk48, on FlickrOrostachys iwarenge by longk48, on Flickr
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. eddybaby

Mystery Plant

I have just noticed a new 'rats' tail emerging.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. eddybaby
    Like x 6

Independent Succulent

This plant is in a hay basket outside and grew into this wonderful shape
    20180926_082205.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. WeeTam

Cheap prickles........£12.49 for 10 small cacti delivered..

10 X DIFFERENT MIXED CACTUS COLLECTION HOUSE + GARDENERS DREAM PLANT CARE GUIDE | eBay
    10 X DIFFERENT MIXED CACTUS COLLECTION HOUSE + GARDENERS DREAM PLANT CARE GUIDE | eBay
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Scrungee

Repotting cacti

I use lengths of folded kitchen roll and as was said above, have the hole ready. Trying to get compost around the base of a prickly plant in a small pot isn't much fun:rolleyespink:
    I use lengths of folded kitchen roll and as was said above, have the hole ready. Trying to get compost around the base of a prickly plant in a small pot isn't much fun:rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Michael Hewett

Faucaria tigrina

Faucaria tigrina :-
    4 Faucaria tigrina (2).jpg 3.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. kindredspirit
    Like x 4

Growing cacti outside all year around.

Yep, you have to have empathy with plants.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Michael Hewett
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. DanC

Cactus identification

Thanks all!
    Thanks all!
    Thanks all!
    Thanks all!
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. BigC

Unidentified Prickly Friends

No.3 looks rather like a Parodia species to me - maybeThe one near the window looks like a slightly small, very light depleted Echeveria agavoides. Very, very cold hardy if it is.
    No.3 looks rather like a Parodia species to me - maybeThe one near the window looks like a slightly small, very light depleted Echeveria agavoides. Very, very cold hardy if it is.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Jack Sparrow

Can I use supervivum in my rocks?

If they're happy they'll have a go at taking over!
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Loki

New cactus, can anyone ID please ?

Thanks @pete :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options