1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. longk
    Like x 13

Share your Echeveria photos and chat here

Echeveria pullidonis flowering again this year ...
    Echeveria glauca.jpg Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg'.jpg Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg'2.jpg Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg' Flowerbud.jpg Echeveria secunda.jpg 002.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Michael Hewett
    Like x 8

Rhipsalis pilocarpa 2023

That's what I hope, @Victoria :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. pete

cactus

You were pretty well into cacti by the sounds of it Steve, me I've just scratched the surface really. I cant seem to specialize in anything particular, always moving on to something else. Wish I...
    You were pretty well into cacti by the sounds of it Steve, me I've just scratched the surface really. I cant seem to specialize in anything particular, always moving on to something else. Wish I had more space and time then I could grow everything that I want. The cacti that I have now are...
    You were pretty well into cacti by the sounds of it Steve, me I've just scratched the surface really. I cant seem to specialize in anything particular, always moving on to something else. Wish I had more space and time then I could grow...
    You were pretty well into cacti by the sounds of it Steve, me I've just scratched the surface really. I cant seem to specialize in anything particular, always moving on to something else. Wish I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Larburnum

Christmas Cacti

Thanks Steve, nice to know my memory is not playing tricks with me. But it sure is a gorgeous plant, michaelmas daisy whatever its name.
    Thanks Steve, nice to know my memory is not playing tricks with me. But it sure is a gorgeous plant, michaelmas daisy whatever its name.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Liz

Rooting Christmas cactus

I accidently knocked some stems off my Christmas cactus recently (too many people partying round my house!!), I put them in a glass of water on the window sill. They're got a few little roots now...
    I accidently knocked some stems off my Christmas cactus recently (too many people partying round my house!!), I put them in a glass of water on the window sill. They're got a few little roots now so I'll plant them up properly. I prefer to do it this way cos I can see what's happening.
    I accidently knocked some stems off my Christmas cactus recently (too many people partying round my house!!), I put them in a glass of water on the window sill. They're got a few little roots now so I'll plant them up properly. I prefer to do...
    I accidently knocked some stems off my Christmas cactus recently (too many people partying round my house!!), I put them in a glass of water on the window sill. They're got a few little roots now...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. The Skiver

Photophobic Cactus

yes, take a scalpel or very sharp blade and make as clean a cut as possible near the base of the plant... leave the parent plant in place, as very often new growth will appear... take the cutting...
    yes, take a scalpel or very sharp blade and make as clean a cut as possible near the base of the plant... leave the parent plant in place, as very often new growth will appear... take the cutting and face the cut end to the sun... leave it to dry out COMPLETELY, then lay it on top of some sharp...
    yes, take a scalpel or very sharp blade and make as clean a cut as possible near the base of the plant... leave the parent plant in place, as very often new growth will appear... take the cutting and face the cut end to the sun... leave it to dry...
    yes, take a scalpel or very sharp blade and make as clean a cut as possible near the base of the plant... leave the parent plant in place, as very often new growth will appear... take the cutting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Banana Man

Cowboy Cactus - yeeee haaaa !!!

Thats a nice looking "cactus" BM, the leaves are a dead give away that its not actually a cactus. Expect you already know, but dont let mini BM near that sap its pretty strong stuff in...
    Thats a nice looking "cactus" BM, the leaves are a dead give away that its not actually a cactus. Expect you already know, but dont let mini BM near that sap its pretty strong stuff in euphorbias. The curcuma is nice, I've grown it but not managed to get it to flower second year, just masses...
    Thats a nice looking "cactus" BM, the leaves are a dead give away that its not actually a cactus. Expect you already know, but dont let mini BM near that sap its pretty strong stuff in euphorbias. The curcuma is nice, I've grown it but not...
    Thats a nice looking "cactus" BM, the leaves are a dead give away that its not actually a cactus. Expect you already know, but dont let mini BM near that sap its pretty strong stuff in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. pete

Cacti

Mira for some reason your pic didn't come out. My camera isn't good at macro, but this is as close as I can get to my Euphorbia Obesa. Always makes me think of tartan, for some reason
    Mira for some reason your pic didn't come out. My camera isn't good at macro, but this is as close as I can get to my Euphorbia Obesa. Always makes me think of tartan, for some reason
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. weekend gardener

Christmas cactus

Thanks guys for the advice on the christmas cactus i shall inform our customer, thanks also regarding the chives.
    Thanks guys for the advice on the christmas cactus i shall inform our customer, thanks also regarding the chives.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Honey Bee

Calling all Cactus Experts!!!!!!!!

HB, I don't want to put you off but I was given a packet of "cactus" seeds from Tenerife by a friend a few years ago and all that came up was some varieties of grass and cereals. :( I hope...
    HB, I don't want to put you off but I was given a packet of "cactus" seeds from Tenerife by a friend a few years ago and all that came up was some varieties of grass and cereals. :( I hope yours are the real thing.
    HB, I don't want to put you off but I was given a packet of "cactus" seeds from Tenerife by a friend a few years ago and all that came up was some varieties of grass and cereals. :( I hope yours are the real thing.
    HB, I don't want to put you off but I was given a packet of "cactus" seeds from Tenerife by a friend a few years ago and all that came up was some varieties of grass and cereals. :( I hope...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Howie

barrel cactus

Not sure if they do much damage.You get them mainly on cacti and succulents grown under glass I think.It looks like little bits of cotton wool, and inside is a little bug that goes orange when you...
    Not sure if they do much damage.You get them mainly on cacti and succulents grown under glass I think.It looks like little bits of cotton wool, and inside is a little bug that goes orange when you squidge it.
    Not sure if they do much damage.You get them mainly on cacti and succulents grown under glass I think.It looks like little bits of cotton wool, and inside is a little bug that goes orange when you squidge it.
    Not sure if they do much damage.You get them mainly on cacti and succulents grown under glass I think.It looks like little bits of cotton wool, and inside is a little bug that goes orange when you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. greenfingers

Christmas Flowering Cactus

Well done roders! I always prized myself that my pink one was more than super but your red one is absolutely fantastic!
    Well done roders! I always prized myself that my pink one was more than super but your red one is absolutely fantastic!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Banana Man

Calling Pete 'Cactus Man'

Waco you have PM ;) Suckers and tissue culture BTW.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Celia

Christmas cactus

My christmas cactus is rather confused at the moment - it has buds forming again!!!!!
    My christmas cactus is rather confused at the moment - it has buds forming again!!!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Victoria

Bendy Succulent

Yeah, I can see your right LOL, dont know where I got the idea that that one didn't die after flowering, I think it was an old Roy Lancaster book, cant find it now.
    Yeah, I can see your right LOL, dont know where I got the idea that that one didn't die after flowering, I think it was an old Roy Lancaster book, cant find it now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Rich

An unusual succulent in flower.

i want one :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. greenfingers

Flowering cacti

Reminds me, I must bring mine under cover soon, it usually buds up then.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. roders

Christmas Cactus(again)

That is gorgeous roders! A lot more buds to still open too, a real show.I thought mine was looking nice when we got back off holiday end of last week, but now ............A question, is yours...
    That is gorgeous roders! A lot more buds to still open too, a real show.I thought mine was looking nice when we got back off holiday end of last week, but now ............A question, is yours rather pot-bound? mine is/are.
    That is gorgeous roders! A lot more buds to still open too, a real show.I thought mine was looking nice when we got back off holiday end of last week, but now ............A question, is yours rather pot-bound? mine is/are.
    That is gorgeous roders! A lot more buds to still open too, a real show.I thought mine was looking nice when we got back off holiday end of last week, but now ............A question, is yours...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. miraflores

prickly pear cactus

I've just found this thread, Mira - naturally, after I posted the following pics elsewhere. (Edible Gardening / Exotic Fruits) The ones in your pic are loaded with fruit!We saw these in...
    I've just found this thread, Mira - naturally, after I posted the following pics elsewhere. (Edible Gardening / Exotic Fruits) The ones in your pic are loaded with fruit!We saw these in Malta this week, they make yummy jelly from them -
    I've just found this thread, Mira - naturally, after I posted the following pics elsewhere. (Edible Gardening / Exotic Fruits) The ones in your pic are loaded with fruit!We saw these in Malta this week, they make yummy jelly from them -...
    I've just found this thread, Mira - naturally, after I posted the following pics elsewhere. (Edible Gardening / Exotic Fruits) The ones in your pic are loaded with fruit!We saw these in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. johnbinkley

What do I do with my cacti

Thakyou messypup and Pete. I will try to take on board what each of you have said. Never grown cacti before. Thanks again for the advice.
    Thakyou messypup and Pete. I will try to take on board what each of you have said. Never grown cacti before. Thanks again for the advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Kedi-Gato

Unknown succulent

Thanks Strongy. I've sent our friend the name with a link in German for it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Little Miss Road Rage

What's wrong with my cactus?

Daisee, thanks. DOn´t worry. I know how to handle and resize pics, so I will in the future. I just never realized that flickr was "screen-shrinking" them for me. I thought it was showing them in...
    Daisee, thanks. DOn´t worry. I know how to handle and resize pics, so I will in the future. I just never realized that flickr was "screen-shrinking" them for me. I thought it was showing them in their real size. Proper resizing in the future, promise. Apology. Now I will leave this thread to...
    Daisee, thanks. DOn´t worry. I know how to handle and resize pics, so I will in the future. I just never realized that flickr was "screen-shrinking" them for me. I thought it was showing them in their real size. Proper resizing in the future,...
    Daisee, thanks. DOn´t worry. I know how to handle and resize pics, so I will in the future. I just never realized that flickr was "screen-shrinking" them for me. I thought it was showing them in...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice