1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. JWK

Best supplier of compost 2024

There was a reading yesterday, " A Ten Minute bill" to ban the sale of peat based compost to the horticultural sector, with the bill being presented by, Theresa Villiers, the Tory MP for Chipping...
    There was a reading yesterday, " A Ten Minute bill" to ban the sale of peat based compost to the horticultural sector, with the bill being presented by, Theresa Villiers, the Tory MP for Chipping Barnet. The second reading is due on the 26th April it looks like it will not go unopposed.Link...
    There was a reading yesterday, " A Ten Minute bill" to ban the sale of peat based compost to the horticultural sector, with the bill being presented by, Theresa Villiers, the Tory MP for Chipping Barnet. The second reading is due on the 26th...
    There was a reading yesterday, " A Ten Minute bill" to ban the sale of peat based compost to the horticultural sector, with the bill being presented by, Theresa Villiers, the Tory MP for Chipping...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. shiney
    Like x 8

Instructions On Composting..

Too much wet stuff.
    Too much wet stuff.
    Too much wet stuff.
    Too much wet stuff.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Steve R

Hot Composting - The Berkeley Method

Yeah I think the same doubt anything could keep the little rascals out hahahaha. I really appreciate you're views, it's great to be open to so much more knowledge, skills, experience and little...
    Yeah I think the same doubt anything could keep the little rascals out hahahaha. I really appreciate you're views, it's great to be open to so much more knowledge, skills, experience and little tricks.
    Yeah I think the same doubt anything could keep the little rascals out hahahaha. I really appreciate you're views, it's great to be open to so much more knowledge, skills, experience and little tricks.
    Yeah I think the same doubt anything could keep the little rascals out hahahaha. I really appreciate you're views, it's great to be open to so much more knowledge, skills, experience and little...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. wiseowl

Best Supplier Of Compost 2023

Link to new threadBest supplier of compost 2024
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ARMANDII
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. shiney

Best Supplier Of Compost 2021

2022 thread : Best Supplier Of Compost 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ARMANDII

BEST SUPPLIER OF COMPOST 2018

Well, up to 3" inches should be fine.:dunno: Getting more life into a border will not be solved instantly with a heavy dose of compost although it is a step forward. I add used compost on the borders...
    Well, up to 3" inches should be fine.:dunno: Getting more life into a border will not be solved instantly with a heavy dose of compost although it is a step forward. I add used compost on the borders every year and it take time for it to work it's way down into the soil even with digging. Nature...
    Well, up to 3" inches should be fine.:dunno: Getting more life into a border will not be solved instantly with a heavy dose of compost although it is a step forward. I add used compost on the borders every year and it take time for it to work it's...
    Well, up to 3" inches should be fine.:dunno: Getting more life into a border will not be solved instantly with a heavy dose of compost although it is a step forward. I add used compost on the borders...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. JWK

Best Supplier Of Compost 2022

Looks good :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Lone Northern Lass

Isn't any peat in compost an environmental no-no?

Coir v PeatIs Coir an Eco-friendly Substitute for Peat Moss? - Garden Myths
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Marley Farley

Best supplier of Compost 2015/2016

I'm still using Wickes own brand. It's not too bad this season :blue thumb: I've just collected my latest batch and that makes us having bought over 5,000 litres this year :hate-shocked:. Some of the cost has been...
    I'm still using Wickes own brand. It's not too bad this season :blue thumb: I've just collected my latest batch and that makes us having bought over 5,000 litres this year :hate-shocked:. Some of the cost has been recouped from the sale of plants :blue thumb:
    I'm still using Wickes own brand. It's not too bad this season :blue thumb: I've just collected my latest batch and that makes us having bought over 5,000 litres this year :hate-shocked:. Some of the cost has been recouped from the sale of plants :blue thumb:
    I'm still using Wickes own brand. It's not too bad this season :blue thumb: I've just collected my latest batch and that makes us having bought over 5,000 litres this year :hate-shocked:. Some of the cost has been...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. roders
    Like x 6

Best Multi Purpose compost 2015...Your thoughts please.

Back in March I recommended this stuff and after another busy year, I still can't fault this stuff and have used nothing else for my planters and baskets. I've also used it for seeds and cuttings...
    Back in March I recommended this stuff and after another busy year, I still can't fault this stuff and have used nothing else for my planters and baskets. I've also used it for seeds and cuttings as its fine and fluffy :)I need a compost that I'm 100% confident with for my business so I can...
    Back in March I recommended this stuff and after another busy year, I still can't fault this stuff and have used nothing else for my planters and baskets. I've also used it for seeds and cuttings as its fine and fluffy :)I need a compost that I'm...
    Back in March I recommended this stuff and after another busy year, I still can't fault this stuff and have used nothing else for my planters and baskets. I've also used it for seeds and cuttings...
    upload_2015-2-27_12-23-11.jpeg DSCN0539.JPG MPCs.png JABandVerve.jpg mirac gro mpc.jpg P1050863.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ARMANDII

BEST SUPPLIER OF COMPOST - 2017

I can get 40L bags for £2 here so gave it a try, Budgens are selling it. I hadn't heard of it before either but was pleasantly surprised. I must have most other compost this year I've been...
    I can get 40L bags for £2 here so gave it a try, Budgens are selling it. I hadn't heard of it before either but was pleasantly surprised. I must have most other compost this year I've been disappointed by
    I can get 40L bags for £2 here so gave it a try, Budgens are selling it. I hadn't heard of it before either but was pleasantly surprised. I must have most other compost this year I've been disappointed by
    I can get 40L bags for £2 here so gave it a try, Budgens are selling it. I hadn't heard of it before either but was pleasantly surprised. I must have most other compost this year I've been...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. andrews

GW / Gove Plant Pot Crusade

The breasts weighed 11oz each so each one was plenty for two when done with loads of veg etc.
    The breasts weighed 11oz each so each one was plenty for two when done with loads of veg etc.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. shiney

Best Supplier Of Compost 2020

Just got westlands multi purpose compost delivered 50l bags, not impressed with it very dry woody texture, will have to mix it with other compost , very disappointed.Regds Sandy
    Just got westlands multi purpose compost delivered 50l bags, not impressed with it very dry woody texture, will have to mix it with other compost , very disappointed.Regds Sandy
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. J.R.P.

NEW REUSE-RECYCLING OF WASTE IDEAS?

Hi Walnut and Takemor02withit. YES we are so proud of him, and what a good part he played. J.R.P.
    Hi Walnut and Takemor02withit. YES we are so proud of him, and what a good part he played. J.R.P.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Fat Controller
    Informative x 6

Miracle Gro MPC - avoid!

I was in Homebase yesterday and didn't see any!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Cacadores

My Compost Heap just Caught Fire

There's nothing wrong with dreaming, Cacadores:snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Scrungee

Things that get into the compost

No socks this time...
    No socks this time...
    No socks this time...
    No socks this time...
    nut1.jpg DSC07959.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. redstar

Human Urine

Thanks.:blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. mistys

compost

They must like pineapple Dave.....or are running away from it :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. david jones

which compost?

Well, we all know by now that there's been some dodgy compost on the market this year. So what about next year? Are you going to stick with the same? Although B & Q's Verve multi-compost was...
    Well, we all know by now that there's been some dodgy compost on the market this year. So what about next year? Are you going to stick with the same? Although B & Q's Verve multi-compost was probably one of the better ones this year, it too was not up to it's usual standard. As some of you...
    Well, we all know by now that there's been some dodgy compost on the market this year. So what about next year? Are you going to stick with the same? Although B & Q's Verve multi-compost was probably one of the better ones this year, it too was...
    Well, we all know by now that there's been some dodgy compost on the market this year. So what about next year? Are you going to stick with the same? Although B & Q's Verve multi-compost was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. blacksmith

Rock Dust

That is pretty much what I had in mind. Although it would also mean having the same plants in both areas, which could be difficult as I have several micro-climates and slightly different soil...
    That is pretty much what I had in mind. Although it would also mean having the same plants in both areas, which could be difficult as I have several micro-climates and slightly different soil conditions in my garden.I expect that if I used just 1 bed or border and divided it there would be...
    That is pretty much what I had in mind. Although it would also mean having the same plants in both areas, which could be difficult as I have several micro-climates and slightly different soil conditions in my garden.I expect that if I used...
    That is pretty much what I had in mind. Although it would also mean having the same plants in both areas, which could be difficult as I have several micro-climates and slightly different soil...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Freddy

Lime

Will do:blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice