1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Container Gardening

Discussion relating to growing within the confines of a Container

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Hannah's Rose Garden

Hellebores in pots?

So here is the link for the website All they say is Hellebore orientalis in 6 colors and hv pics too. 5-6 petal flowers and They sure do look pretty.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    So here is the link for the website All they say is Hellebore orientalis in 6 colors and hv pics too. 5-6 petal flowers and They sure do look pretty.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. PeterS

Long flowering container plants

Obscure catches my eye!
    Obscure catches my eye!
    Obscure catches my eye!
    Obscure catches my eye!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. minki
    Like x 3

terracotta pots

You have to be patient with ebay and regular run a search for pots with, say, 15 miles of you. After all, you've got about 4 months before anything starts growing again to find them.
    You have to be patient with ebay and regular run a search for pots with, say, 15 miles of you. After all, you've got about 4 months before anything starts growing again to find them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. rustyroots

Bulbs in planters.

I think you need a small-mesh wire, otherwise the mice will get through it, and thus the mesh will probably be too small for the bulbs to grow up through.Having said that Mice (or whatever) were...
    I think you need a small-mesh wire, otherwise the mice will get through it, and thus the mesh will probably be too small for the bulbs to grow up through.Having said that Mice (or whatever) were digging up, and eating, my Tulips well into the spring this year, and long after they were well...
    I think you need a small-mesh wire, otherwise the mice will get through it, and thus the mesh will probably be too small for the bulbs to grow up through.Having said that Mice (or whatever) were digging up, and eating, my Tulips well into the...
    I think you need a small-mesh wire, otherwise the mice will get through it, and thus the mesh will probably be too small for the bulbs to grow up through.Having said that Mice (or whatever) were...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Sian in Belgium

Mixed planters with wallflowers?

Well, they are all planted up!Each barrel has the following in Narcissus actaea Narcissus avalanche Narcissus tete-a-tete Tulipa van eijk Tulipa playgirl Fritillarie uva vulpis Hyacinth pink...
    Well, they are all planted up!Each barrel has the following in Narcissus actaea Narcissus avalanche Narcissus tete-a-tete Tulipa van eijk Tulipa playgirl Fritillarie uva vulpis Hyacinth pink pearl Crocus king of striped Crocus (large flowered mixed) Iris reticulata Gordon ...and three...
    Well, they are all planted up!Each barrel has the following in Narcissus actaea Narcissus avalanche Narcissus tete-a-tete Tulipa van eijk Tulipa playgirl Fritillarie uva vulpis Hyacinth pink pearl Crocus king of striped Crocus (large flowered...
    Well, they are all planted up!Each barrel has the following in Narcissus actaea Narcissus avalanche Narcissus tete-a-tete Tulipa van eijk Tulipa playgirl Fritillarie uva vulpis Hyacinth pink...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. pamsdish

Spring Bulbs Planting up Pots

I usually plant my Daffs and Tulips back half of November . I'll be planting wallflowers again this year , when do they become available in the nurseries ?
    I usually plant my Daffs and Tulips back half of November . I'll be planting wallflowers again this year , when do they become available in the nurseries ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Mamashoe

Transferring an Acer into a new container

I wrote a reply to you both but I don't know where it went !:biggrin: Anyway, :ThankYou: for your help. I can't believe how badly I've been treating my poor tree. The info you gave me was amazing and explained a lot...
    I wrote a reply to you both but I don't know where it went !:biggrin: Anyway, :ThankYou: for your help. I can't believe how badly I've been treating my poor tree. The info you gave me was amazing and explained a lot as to why the "branches" are so brittle. I am a tad embarrassed to show you a photo of it. Up until...
    I wrote a reply to you both but I don't know where it went !:biggrin: Anyway, :ThankYou: for your help. I can't believe how badly I've been treating my poor tree. The info you gave me was amazing and explained a lot as to why the "branches" are so brittle. I am a...
    I wrote a reply to you both but I don't know where it went !:biggrin: Anyway, :ThankYou: for your help. I can't believe how badly I've been treating my poor tree. The info you gave me was amazing and explained a lot...
    acer gc.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Markymark

Perennial pots in winter

Thanks very much :-) :ThankYou:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Bilbo675
    Like x 13

Been A Busy Bee lol

They look brilliant. I'm not surprised people want you to do theirs! :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Flower Pot

'Growing' on a concrete patio - containers/raised beds?

Agree, almost everything can be successfully grown in containers and watering is the catch. Cancel the 2 weeks in Spain :snork:The bigger the container is, the easier life gets. I have/am successfully...
    Agree, almost everything can be successfully grown in containers and watering is the catch. Cancel the 2 weeks in Spain :snork:The bigger the container is, the easier life gets. I have/am successfully grown raspberries, blackcurrant, strawberries, sweet peppers, tomatoes of all sizes, carrots,...
    Agree, almost everything can be successfully grown in containers and watering is the catch. Cancel the 2 weeks in Spain :snork:The bigger the container is, the easier life gets. I have/am successfully grown raspberries, blackcurrant, strawberries,...
    Agree, almost everything can be successfully grown in containers and watering is the catch. Cancel the 2 weeks in Spain :snork:The bigger the container is, the easier life gets. I have/am successfully...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Val..

Raised planters, the type on legs!!

lovely, go for it!
    lovely, go for it!
    lovely, go for it!
    lovely, go for it!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. whis4ey
    Like x 3

Planting in pots and containers

whis4ey what a beautiful garden you have!!:) Val
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Val..

Talking of Acers.......

One of the best way to check if a plant needs watering is by picking it up and checking the weight....water the plant...let it drain off for an hour ...go back and pick it up.....check the...
    One of the best way to check if a plant needs watering is by picking it up and checking the weight....water the plant...let it drain off for an hour ...go back and pick it up.....check the weight... Go back a few days later ...check the weight.... If its light ... Water it.... If its same weight...
    One of the best way to check if a plant needs watering is by picking it up and checking the weight....water the plant...let it drain off for an hour ...go back and pick it up.....check the weight... Go back a few days later ...check the...
    One of the best way to check if a plant needs watering is by picking it up and checking the weight....water the plant...let it drain off for an hour ...go back and pick it up.....check the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. trogre

Hanging Basket

Hi Trogre it certainly looks like the Bacopa that I have in my planters.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. kels

Yarrow pot plant

I have a yarrow pot plant that has grown/spread around the pot very fast. I like the look and texture of this plant. I have two questions If put into the ground some were its protected from wind...
    I have a yarrow pot plant that has grown/spread around the pot very fast. I like the look and texture of this plant. I have two questions If put into the ground some were its protected from wind and rain will this spread as thats a worry so maybe thinking just get a very huge pot and try and...
    I have a yarrow pot plant that has grown/spread around the pot very fast. I like the look and texture of this plant. I have two questions If put into the ground some were its protected from wind and rain will this spread as thats a worry so...
    I have a yarrow pot plant that has grown/spread around the pot very fast. I like the look and texture of this plant. I have two questions If put into the ground some were its protected from wind...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. roger06

Climber for my new planter?

What about Hay fever though nFrost? :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Grumpy

re-potting an old rose

Not quite that old, about 1950's:biggrin: Val
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. mustard

decking/lawn and planter advice needed!

Not an expert, but have a look here for an example of decking laid on top of paving. Re the grass, if you could post a pic it would be useful to see what's there :) Where are you putting the...
    Not an expert, but have a look here for an example of decking laid on top of paving. Re the grass, if you could post a pic it would be useful to see what's there :) Where are you putting the planters? If you're putting them on soil, it would help to raise them so that the holes in the bottom...
    Not an expert, but have a look here for an example of decking laid on top of paving. Re the grass, if you could post a pic it would be useful to see what's there :) Where are you putting the planters? If you're putting them on soil, it would...
    Not an expert, but have a look here for an example of decking laid on top of paving. Re the grass, if you could post a pic it would be useful to see what's there :) Where are you putting the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jungle Jane

Ideas For Quirky Pots/Containers - Alternative Ideas to Standard Pots

How about taking inspiration from retro tins like i know u are very creative . maybe getting some images to decorate your containers. there must be a way to seal them against the weather. also...
    How about taking inspiration from retro tins like i know u are very creative . maybe getting some images to decorate your containers. there must be a way to seal them against the weather. also some ceramic tiles /glass tiles maybe as decoration. just an idea i have an old wheelbarrow
    How about taking inspiration from retro tins like i know u are very creative . maybe getting some images to decorate your containers. there must be a way to seal them against the weather. also some ceramic tiles /glass tiles maybe as...
    How about taking inspiration from retro tins like i know u are very creative . maybe getting some images to decorate your containers. there must be a way to seal them against the weather. also...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. merleworld
    Informative x 3

Cheap extra large planters

Definitely interested, always like to know the good places!!! Val
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice