Container Gardening

Discussion relating to growing within the confines of a Container

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. The Latman

Indoor lemon tree

Thanks. For the advice guys, ging to try and repot it later today, will report back.I'm guessing that its not dead as its green underneath?
    Thanks. For the advice guys, ging to try and repot it later today, will report back.I'm guessing that its not dead as its green underneath?
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. snapshot26

1 Large trailing plant for basket

Does anybody know of any good trailing plants for baskets that are bee-friendly?
    Does anybody know of any good trailing plants for baskets that are bee-friendly?
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. goosegog5555

Hanging baskets

Thanks Shiney. Both packs of seeds are a year old, so we shall see. Years ago I started "my love lies bleeding" and used them somewhere, they die off naturally with the first frost in...
    Thanks Shiney. Both packs of seeds are a year old, so we shall see. Years ago I started "my love lies bleeding" and used them somewhere, they die off naturally with the first frost in October. It is a rare for me to start seeds anymore, just to busy, so this is the only effort I will probably...
    Thanks Shiney. Both packs of seeds are a year old, so we shall see. Years ago I started "my love lies bleeding" and used them somewhere, they die off naturally with the first frost in October. It is a rare for me to start seeds anymore, just to...
    Thanks Shiney. Both packs of seeds are a year old, so we shall see. Years ago I started "my love lies bleeding" and used them somewhere, they die off naturally with the first frost in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. sal73
    Like x 5

Bonsai herbs

made this in 10 minutes thyme bonsai
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Fat Controller

Pot up a size, or straight into big 'uns - and a couple of other questions

I always prickout into 1" cell trays (or smaller ones for Petunias then into 1") - then into 9cm square pots once roots have filled cells - saves lots of space, and I agree fewer losses. With the...
    I always prickout into 1" cell trays (or smaller ones for Petunias then into 1") - then into 9cm square pots once roots have filled cells - saves lots of space, and I agree fewer losses. With the chillies they move from 9cm to 1.5l then to 5 and finally to 10. A lot of faffing about but works...
    I always prickout into 1" cell trays (or smaller ones for Petunias then into 1") - then into 9cm square pots once roots have filled cells - saves lots of space, and I agree fewer losses. With the chillies they move from 9cm to 1.5l then to 5 and...
    I always prickout into 1" cell trays (or smaller ones for Petunias then into 1") - then into 9cm square pots once roots have filled cells - saves lots of space, and I agree fewer losses. With the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Ciryluk

Layered Bulb Tubs

Nice effort Cheryl. It`s just a pity it didn`t come right in the end. It would have been amazing I`ll bet. No need to have species only though, unless you prefer that. I have a tub with crocus...
    Nice effort Cheryl. It`s just a pity it didn`t come right in the end. It would have been amazing I`ll bet. No need to have species only though, unless you prefer that. I have a tub with crocus and Iris for early flowers and black tulips for a little later. The heads are only just forming on...
    Nice effort Cheryl. It`s just a pity it didn`t come right in the end. It would have been amazing I`ll bet. No need to have species only though, unless you prefer that. I have a tub with crocus and Iris for early flowers and black tulips for a...
    Nice effort Cheryl. It`s just a pity it didn`t come right in the end. It would have been amazing I`ll bet. No need to have species only though, unless you prefer that. I have a tub with crocus...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jo Sara

Label Residue on Terracotta

Try this Scrungee. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Val..

Flowering shrub for a tub

Hi Val Thank you plus as well the bees love it as it flowers before practically anything else Spruce
    Hi Val Thank you plus as well the bees love it as it flowers before practically anything else Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Jenny namaste

Hanging Basket liners

He's just got some new Jeans Spruce...bet they would be hard wearing:biggrin::ideaIPB::heehee:
    He's just got some new Jeans Spruce...bet they would be hard wearing:biggrin::ideaIPB::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Snowbaby

Recommended pot size for apple tree?

Depends on the rootstock I've got an apple three on m9 (I think) rootstock which I a dwarfing rootstock and that is in a 55l container. But it will outgrow that eventually so it will either be...
    Depends on the rootstock I've got an apple three on m9 (I think) rootstock which I a dwarfing rootstock and that is in a 55l container. But it will outgrow that eventually so it will either be repotted into a larger container or root pruned or both. Hope this helps Dan
    Depends on the rootstock I've got an apple three on m9 (I think) rootstock which I a dwarfing rootstock and that is in a 55l container. But it will outgrow that eventually so it will either be repotted into a larger container or root pruned or...
    Depends on the rootstock I've got an apple three on m9 (I think) rootstock which I a dwarfing rootstock and that is in a 55l container. But it will outgrow that eventually so it will either be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Scrungee
    Informative x 3

Garlic planting in pots/modules

I got an email from Franchi/Seeds of Italy on 25th April suggesting Spring Garlic could still be planted. It seems a bit late to me, but you could always try some - choose a softneck variety and...
    I got an email from Franchi/Seeds of Italy on 25th April suggesting Spring Garlic could still be planted. It seems a bit late to me, but you could always try some - choose a softneck variety and get them in PDQ.
    I got an email from Franchi/Seeds of Italy on 25th April suggesting Spring Garlic could still be planted. It seems a bit late to me, but you could always try some - choose a softneck variety and get them in PDQ.
    I got an email from Franchi/Seeds of Italy on 25th April suggesting Spring Garlic could still be planted. It seems a bit late to me, but you could always try some - choose a softneck variety and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. harry123

What's wrong with my house plant...

This is definitely Kentia palm - Howea forsteriana :) Val
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. "M"
    Like x 3

"Bottle" garden

Oh, the Mother of All Excuses! Mum, I love you :yes: My favourite pastime number 1 is of course gardening, closely followed by number 2, reading gardening books while sipping nice wine. I was gently...
    Oh, the Mother of All Excuses! Mum, I love you :yes: My favourite pastime number 1 is of course gardening, closely followed by number 2, reading gardening books while sipping nice wine. I was gently advised by Mr Selleri that I might want to concentrate more on pastime number one, just for health...
    Oh, the Mother of All Excuses! Mum, I love you :yes: My favourite pastime number 1 is of course gardening, closely followed by number 2, reading gardening books while sipping nice wine. I was gently advised by Mr Selleri that I might want to...
    Oh, the Mother of All Excuses! Mum, I love you :yes: My favourite pastime number 1 is of course gardening, closely followed by number 2, reading gardening books while sipping nice wine. I was gently...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. nFrost

Growing fruit/veg in hanging basket?

Try a Cucumber called Cryistal Apple, grows to the size of an apple with yellow skin. Trevor
    Try a Cucumber called Cryistal Apple, grows to the size of an apple with yellow skin. Trevor
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. merleworld

Low maintenance hanging baskets?

She has indeed gone for the fake balls option (ooer missus) :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Scrungee
    Like x 5

All Pack Bedding & Hanging Baskets 1/2 price @ Homebase

Oops , I will try to do a better pic later as this one shows ' yet' another of my bargains that died on route :gaah:
    Oops , I will try to do a better pic later as this one shows ' yet' another of my bargains that died on route :gaah:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Philip Hughes

Overcrowding in pots?

Hi Philip,not exactly what you had in mind,but some colourful Violas in full flower would look great.
    Hi Philip,not exactly what you had in mind,but some colourful Violas in full flower would look great.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Fern4

Zinc pots.

Oh I see...I was just starting to think that these pots were more trouble than they're worth! Polystyrene it is!
    Oh I see...I was just starting to think that these pots were more trouble than they're worth! Polystyrene it is!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Reem777

Old stone sink

I was going to suggest alpines too. I think they look lovely in any sort of low planter :wub2:
    I was going to suggest alpines too. I think they look lovely in any sort of low planter :wub2:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. AndySIW

First time grower - indoor mint from seed

Well done getting the basil germinated, they can be a bit tricky to get going :)
    Well done getting the basil germinated, they can be a bit tricky to get going :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice