1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Container Gardening

Discussion relating to growing within the confines of a Container

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. mazambo

Bonsai Gardening

Thanks @misterQ that looks really good, there are copies around but some are really expensive, I'll keep an eye out and see if spot one with a decent price. I'll take a look at the YouTube channel.
    Thanks @misterQ that looks really good, there are copies around but some are really expensive, I'll keep an eye out and see if spot one with a decent price. I'll take a look at the YouTube channel.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. fumanchu

Could I grow these in pots & tubs?

Drat. LOL! so much to learn... :biggrin: tyvm gardeners!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Sophlouwhit

Holly tree help

A 30cm (12") plant in a 3.5" pot is IMO time for potting up, as by now the roots are probably coming out of the drainage holes. The advice already given is good, however I would prefer to...
    A 30cm (12") plant in a 3.5" pot is IMO time for potting up, as by now the roots are probably coming out of the drainage holes. The advice already given is good, however I would prefer to increase the pot size gradually. This will encourge strong roots. Just my opinion.
    A 30cm (12") plant in a 3.5" pot is IMO time for potting up, as by now the roots are probably coming out of the drainage holes. The advice already given is good, however I would prefer to increase the pot size gradually. This will encourge...
    A 30cm (12") plant in a 3.5" pot is IMO time for potting up, as by now the roots are probably coming out of the drainage holes. The advice already given is good, however I would prefer to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. WeeTam

Looking for heavy duty containers 30ltr + . Any recommendations ?

Round Plant Pots - Future Garden Hydroponics
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Black Orchid

Is it possible to reuse the compost from died plants?

I have in the past used old compost at the base of some pots but I always microwave it first to ensure all unwanted things get zapped.
    I have in the past used old compost at the base of some pots but I always microwave it first to ensure all unwanted things get zapped.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. PhilC

Growing Gunnera from seed?

Thanks, My biggest challenge will be not incinerating them with the lights as usual!
    Thanks, My biggest challenge will be not incinerating them with the lights as usual!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Victoria

Balcony Gardening

I had to see it to believe it.. I fink bats eat mozzies.. They've got plenty of those evidently. Perhaps they will consider putting bat boxes up.. It wouldn't come as a shock. (I'm not a...
    I had to see it to believe it.. I fink bats eat mozzies.. They've got plenty of those evidently. Perhaps they will consider putting bat boxes up.. It wouldn't come as a shock. (I'm not a 'chinkist' honestly!) I really like a No 52 chop suey.
    I had to see it to believe it.. I fink bats eat mozzies.. They've got plenty of those evidently. Perhaps they will consider putting bat boxes up.. It wouldn't come as a shock. (I'm not a 'chinkist' honestly!) I really like a No 52 chop suey.
    I had to see it to believe it.. I fink bats eat mozzies.. They've got plenty of those evidently. Perhaps they will consider putting bat boxes up.. It wouldn't come as a shock. (I'm not a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Black Orchid

Problems with Magnolia Stellata leaves

Pete and Nigel, thank you very much for your replies and recommendations.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ThePlantAssassin

Patio Plum OPAL very poorly

To be honest. I can't say I have ever seen what might appear as a healthy plum tree. Possibly due to the texture of the leaves. Any ways. The foliage on your tree certainly is ailing. If...
    To be honest. I can't say I have ever seen what might appear as a healthy plum tree. Possibly due to the texture of the leaves. Any ways. The foliage on your tree certainly is ailing. If possible, get rid of the most heavily affected leaves and burn them. Then as soon as the remaining...
    To be honest. I can't say I have ever seen what might appear as a healthy plum tree. Possibly due to the texture of the leaves. Any ways. The foliage on your tree certainly is ailing. If possible, get rid of the most heavily affected leaves...
    To be honest. I can't say I have ever seen what might appear as a healthy plum tree. Possibly due to the texture of the leaves. Any ways. The foliage on your tree certainly is ailing. If...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Nikolaos

Aubrieta deltoidea, best soil mix for growing them in pots?

Thanks @Palustris! :) Good to know either works as I don't have any JI2 in ATM. Appreciate the tip regarding lime too, I think I've got some of that somewhere in my outhouse.Nick
    Thanks @Palustris! :) Good to know either works as I don't have any JI2 in ATM. Appreciate the tip regarding lime too, I think I've got some of that somewhere in my outhouse.Nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Steveb21

Growing bamboo in tall trough

Good morning all,Fibre glass trough with dimensions of:900mm height 1.2m length 300mm depthThe troughs are not hollow all the way through. They are approx. 350mm deep from the top with a...
    Good morning all,Fibre glass trough with dimensions of:900mm height 1.2m length 300mm depthThe troughs are not hollow all the way through. They are approx. 350mm deep from the top with a false base.Question: I was planning to plant bamboo and use as screening by some fences. Are these...
    Good morning all,Fibre glass trough with dimensions of:900mm height 1.2m length 300mm depthThe troughs are not hollow all the way through. They are approx. 350mm deep from the top with a false base.Question: I was planning to plant...
    Good morning all,Fibre glass trough with dimensions of:900mm height 1.2m length 300mm depthThe troughs are not hollow all the way through. They are approx. 350mm deep from the top with a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Laxeiro

Tomato leaves turning yellow

I am using tomororite once a week and every few weeks I also pour in some diluted Epsom salts.
    I am using tomororite once a week and every few weeks I also pour in some diluted Epsom salts.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Potty gardener

Ericaceous wool compost

It retains water o good for pots and as I have a compost allergy it could be great- will keep you posted!It retains water and as I have a compost allergy could be the answer-will keep you posted!
    It retains water o good for pots and as I have a compost allergy it could be great- will keep you posted!It retains water and as I have a compost allergy could be the answer-will keep you posted!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Anne Knowles

What size pot?

I bought a Bakker recycled plastic pot on wheels. It looks great and I thought reasonably priced.
    I bought a Bakker recycled plastic pot on wheels. It looks great and I thought reasonably priced.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ThePlantAssassin

Patio fruit tree feeding??

@pete thanks I will do that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Black Orchid

What is wrong with my flowering cherry tree?

As the leaves have not dropped I always assume the wood is dead, usually live wood drops dead leaves, apart from a few exceptions in autumn.Personally I think it flowered then died.If the...
    As the leaves have not dropped I always assume the wood is dead, usually live wood drops dead leaves, apart from a few exceptions in autumn.Personally I think it flowered then died.If the leaves eventually fall off, it might come back, but will be a bit worse for wear I think.
    As the leaves have not dropped I always assume the wood is dead, usually live wood drops dead leaves, apart from a few exceptions in autumn.Personally I think it flowered then died.If the leaves eventually fall off, it might come back, but...
    As the leaves have not dropped I always assume the wood is dead, usually live wood drops dead leaves, apart from a few exceptions in autumn.Personally I think it flowered then died.If the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Cordy
    Like x 6

What plants for my Lock-down Planter ?

Lilies not arrived yet; hopefully this week ?Need more advice..... for soil cover in the container after I have planted the bulbs/tubers will something like these Sempervivums at Gardening...
    Lilies not arrived yet; hopefully this week ?Need more advice..... for soil cover in the container after I have planted the bulbs/tubers will something like these Sempervivums at Gardening Express be suitable ?
    Lilies not arrived yet; hopefully this week ?Need more advice..... for soil cover in the container after I have planted the bulbs/tubers will something like these Sempervivums at Gardening Express be suitable ?
    Lilies not arrived yet; hopefully this week ?Need more advice..... for soil cover in the container after I have planted the bulbs/tubers will something like these Sempervivums at Gardening...
    DSC_0029.JPG DSC_0025.JPG DSC_0040.JPG DSC_0013.JPG DSC_0003 (1).JPG DSC_0005.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. caskin

Honeysuckle struggling,not certain why?

Honeysuckles like their roots cool and damp and shady. A pot doesn’t sound good.
    Honeysuckles like their roots cool and damp and shady. A pot doesn’t sound good.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. landimad
    Like x 11

A bits of wood

Well, those Sweet Peas did not last. Out with the old and in with Million Bells.
    Well, those Sweet Peas did not last. Out with the old and in with Million Bells.
    20200502_152427.jpg 20200502_152503.jpg 20200530_110846.jpg 20200712_150554.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. ThePlantAssassin

Geranium Rozante dividing

Not sure of the name of our blue and pink ones but have only just cut ours back this last week, still had a good few flowers on them, but getting too overgrown and smothering other plants out.
    Not sure of the name of our blue and pink ones but have only just cut ours back this last week, still had a good few flowers on them, but getting too overgrown and smothering other plants out.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice