1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Steve R

Pumpkin growing challenge 2017

Oh dear Steve
    Oh dear Steve
    Oh dear Steve
    Oh dear Steve
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ARMANDII

THE 2017 CHILLI THREAD

:chicken: :chicken: :heehee: :chicken: :chicken: Thank you :)Thank you :) and ...:sign0016: to GC!!! :hapydancsmil:
    :chicken: :chicken: :heehee: :chicken: :chicken: Thank you :)Thank you :) and ...:sign0016: to GC!!! :hapydancsmil:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ARMANDII

2017 GROWING THREAD

update: my blue poppies are only an inch tall. no wonder the plant costs so much. takes forever. but never did expect it to flower this year. I recall when I started my mountain rue plants...
    update: my blue poppies are only an inch tall. no wonder the plant costs so much. takes forever. but never did expect it to flower this year. I recall when I started my mountain rue plants years ago, it took a good 3 seasons before they were large enough to move into the ground. at...
    update: my blue poppies are only an inch tall. no wonder the plant costs so much. takes forever. but never did expect it to flower this year. I recall when I started my mountain rue plants years ago, it took a good 3 seasons before they...
    update: my blue poppies are only an inch tall. no wonder the plant costs so much. takes forever. but never did expect it to flower this year. I recall when I started my mountain rue plants...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. martin-f

Tallest sunflower and largest head challenge 2017

Now that's just showing off :biggrin:, mine have only just come up :frown:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Scrungee

Tatties 2017

Oh thanks Next time I've got the chainsaw out to cut up some logs I'll hurl some resulting sawdust at the bugg..ers. You live and learn, I'm definitely guilty of, if not killing, definitely...
    Oh thanks Next time I've got the chainsaw out to cut up some logs I'll hurl some resulting sawdust at the bugg..ers. You live and learn, I'm definitely guilty of, if not killing, definitely spoiling the Potatoes with kindness. Maybe I'll get a few:fingers crossed:. The Pink Firs are only just through (took...
    Oh thanks Next time I've got the chainsaw out to cut up some logs I'll hurl some resulting sawdust at the bugg..ers. You live and learn, I'm definitely guilty of, if not killing, definitely spoiling the Potatoes with kindness. Maybe I'll get a...
    Oh thanks Next time I've got the chainsaw out to cut up some logs I'll hurl some resulting sawdust at the bugg..ers. You live and learn, I'm definitely guilty of, if not killing, definitely...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. JWK
    Like x 5

Tomato Grafting

No time to cry over spilt milk - pressing on with the planting.Three of the four are Indigo Rose/Osprey tomtato grafts.
    No time to cry over spilt milk - pressing on with the planting.Three of the four are Indigo Rose/Osprey tomtato grafts.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ARMANDII
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ARMANDII

TOMATO SEED SWAP - 2017

I have gardener's delight and golden sunrise if anyone wants them otherwise they're going in the bin :)
    I have gardener's delight and golden sunrise if anyone wants them otherwise they're going in the bin :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Steve R
    Informative x 4

Giant Pumpkin Growing Guide

Might be best to post this on the 2016 Pumpkin Growing thread @Snowbaby
    Replies:
    Views:
  12.   » Normal Threads
  13. Snowbaby

Green bean

Is it possible to restrict the height growth of green bean plants?I currently have 3 in my pop up greenhouse which are fairly short but I've grown them the past few years so know how tall they...
    Is it possible to restrict the height growth of green bean plants?I currently have 3 in my pop up greenhouse which are fairly short but I've grown them the past few years so know how tall they get. Only thing is as soon as I've planted them out in previous years, they get eaten by bugs etc.I...
    Is it possible to restrict the height growth of green bean plants?I currently have 3 in my pop up greenhouse which are fairly short but I've grown them the past few years so know how tall they get. Only thing is as soon as I've planted them out...
    Is it possible to restrict the height growth of green bean plants?I currently have 3 in my pop up greenhouse which are fairly short but I've grown them the past few years so know how tall they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Paul Blackburn

Goji Berry Tip's

Try the young leaves in spring, nice
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Jack Snakes
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. silu

Celery difficult?

I'm growing self blanching for the first time this year and have just planted 12 plants after starting them in the greenhouse. I tried 'normal' celery a few years ago but it didn't do well despite...
    I'm growing self blanching for the first time this year and have just planted 12 plants after starting them in the greenhouse. I tried 'normal' celery a few years ago but it didn't do well despite earthing up. I'm also trying growing a self blanching one that I've rooted from from the base of...
    I'm growing self blanching for the first time this year and have just planted 12 plants after starting them in the greenhouse. I tried 'normal' celery a few years ago but it didn't do well despite earthing up. I'm also trying growing a self...
    I'm growing self blanching for the first time this year and have just planted 12 plants after starting them in the greenhouse. I tried 'normal' celery a few years ago but it didn't do well despite...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Snowbaby

Rotting seeds

Thank you. Small pots in the prop but they had sat in overflow water to begin with mauve for a couple days. I think I'll try again but not put the lid on this time
    Thank you. Small pots in the prop but they had sat in overflow water to begin with mauve for a couple days. I think I'll try again but not put the lid on this time
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. misterQ

Post pictures of your radishes here...

Free seeds but from the cover of a magazine and they are branded Mr Fothergills. Sowing some more tomorrow.Mr Q, sorry..lost your address..er um..cant find the postbox...the post office burnt...
    Free seeds but from the cover of a magazine and they are branded Mr Fothergills. Sowing some more tomorrow.Mr Q, sorry..lost your address..er um..cant find the postbox...the post office burnt down...have you seen the postage price of an apple..I mean radish...the line is breaking up, cant hear...
    Free seeds but from the cover of a magazine and they are branded Mr Fothergills. Sowing some more tomorrow.Mr Q, sorry..lost your address..er um..cant find the postbox...the post office burnt down...have you seen the postage price of an...
    Free seeds but from the cover of a magazine and they are branded Mr Fothergills. Sowing some more tomorrow.Mr Q, sorry..lost your address..er um..cant find the postbox...the post office burnt...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. GYO newbie

Help - are they ruined?

Tomatoes will be alright, I would be inclined to pot them into individual pots at this stage. I would leave the plant in the first picture and see what happens, it still has green shoots on it so...
    Tomatoes will be alright, I would be inclined to pot them into individual pots at this stage. I would leave the plant in the first picture and see what happens, it still has green shoots on it so give it a chance.
    Tomatoes will be alright, I would be inclined to pot them into individual pots at this stage. I would leave the plant in the first picture and see what happens, it still has green shoots on it so give it a chance.
    Tomatoes will be alright, I would be inclined to pot them into individual pots at this stage. I would leave the plant in the first picture and see what happens, it still has green shoots on it so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. TheMadHedger

Broad beans not setting - Aquadulce Claudia

Interesting, thanks. Well, we can but wait and see. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Snowbaby

Can I save my courgette plants?

Hubby's don't notice things like that :doh:They'll be fine if the growing points are still intact. Lift em up and check for snails, then put em up on something to keep em off :)
    Hubby's don't notice things like that :doh:They'll be fine if the growing points are still intact. Lift em up and check for snails, then put em up on something to keep em off :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. JWK
    Agree x 3

Blight Watch 2017

It does seem very early indeed. Fortunately my outdoor tomatoes are not yet outside and my usual crop of spuds is now reduced to just 6 seeds in the compost heap, so much less to worry about!!
    It does seem very early indeed. Fortunately my outdoor tomatoes are not yet outside and my usual crop of spuds is now reduced to just 6 seeds in the compost heap, so much less to worry about!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. ChilliPepper

Broad Beans - plant now?

Thanks for the update misterQ. I'm in awe! I'll go for an October 2017 sowing of my Aquadulce beans this year and hope to squeeze two crops in next year. My early 2017 sowing is doing well with...
    Thanks for the update misterQ. I'm in awe! I'll go for an October 2017 sowing of my Aquadulce beans this year and hope to squeeze two crops in next year. My early 2017 sowing is doing well with pods developing nicely now and, touch wood, no sign of blackfly so far.
    Thanks for the update misterQ. I'm in awe! I'll go for an October 2017 sowing of my Aquadulce beans this year and hope to squeeze two crops in next year. My early 2017 sowing is doing well with pods developing nicely now and, touch wood, no...
    Thanks for the update misterQ. I'm in awe! I'll go for an October 2017 sowing of my Aquadulce beans this year and hope to squeeze two crops in next year. My early 2017 sowing is doing well with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Annemieke
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Spacemunkey

What fertiliser for Toms and Cucumbers

My cucs and toms get fed with homebrew comfrey and they both do well on it. I cut and brew over one year and use it as feed the next.
    My cucs and toms get fed with homebrew comfrey and they both do well on it. I cut and brew over one year and use it as feed the next.
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. stephenprudence

Cucamelon transplating

Only tried them once and then I grew them in the greenhouse, so not tried them outside. I think they like it warm so it might be a bit early.
    Only tried them once and then I grew them in the greenhouse, so not tried them outside. I think they like it warm so it might be a bit early.
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Paul Blackburn

Are these vegetables what they should be

Or, @Paul Blackburn , if your location was in your profile, there might be a kind GC member local to you with some spare plants.P.S. I've admitted in the past to accidentally planting cordon...
    Or, @Paul Blackburn , if your location was in your profile, there might be a kind GC member local to you with some spare plants.P.S. I've admitted in the past to accidentally planting cordon toms in window boxes when I got their labels mixed up. I've stuck with Tumblers ever since as they're...
    Or, @Paul Blackburn , if your location was in your profile, there might be a kind GC member local to you with some spare plants.P.S. I've admitted in the past to accidentally planting cordon toms in window boxes when I got their labels mixed...
    Or, @Paul Blackburn , if your location was in your profile, there might be a kind GC member local to you with some spare plants.P.S. I've admitted in the past to accidentally planting cordon...
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Sian in Belgium

Looking after some abandoned cucumbers... need help!

I agree totally, @JWK I didn't sow my own tomatoes for another three weeks, and courgettes even longer! My tomatoes are compact, and happy to shelter inside for another few weeks.When I grew...
    I agree totally, @JWK I didn't sow my own tomatoes for another three weeks, and courgettes even longer! My tomatoes are compact, and happy to shelter inside for another few weeks.When I grew cucumbers, they didn't go leggy like this. But then I didn't sow so early. However, I have given them...
    I agree totally, @JWK I didn't sow my own tomatoes for another three weeks, and courgettes even longer! My tomatoes are compact, and happy to shelter inside for another few weeks.When I grew cucumbers, they didn't go leggy like this. But then...
    I agree totally, @JWK I didn't sow my own tomatoes for another three weeks, and courgettes even longer! My tomatoes are compact, and happy to shelter inside for another few weeks.When I grew...
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. Snorky85

Autumn onion set with flower stalk?

Co op.Started with 3 blubs :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. Spacemunkey

Runner Beans

If using a traditional A frame structure using bean poles/canes a N/S alignement will ensure sunlight to both sides.If using a frame with a single sloping side (a goal post type structure with...
    If using a traditional A frame structure using bean poles/canes a N/S alignement will ensure sunlight to both sides.If using a frame with a single sloping side (a goal post type structure with the beans as the 'net'), an E/W alignment will ensure sunlight to the side you desire (there's some...
    If using a traditional A frame structure using bean poles/canes a N/S alignement will ensure sunlight to both sides.If using a frame with a single sloping side (a goal post type structure with the beans as the 'net'), an E/W alignment will...
    If using a traditional A frame structure using bean poles/canes a N/S alignement will ensure sunlight to both sides.If using a frame with a single sloping side (a goal post type structure with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Snorky85

Polystyrene ok for lettuce growing?

I'd say not, scaling by the petals lying on the ground.
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. Paul Blackburn

The difference between Cucumbers,Marrows and Courgettes

Marrows and courgettes, as far as I know, are basically the same plant, it's mainly about variety. Cues are different and very easy to distinguish from marrows, as Scrungee points out.
    Marrows and courgettes, as far as I know, are basically the same plant, it's mainly about variety. Cues are different and very easy to distinguish from marrows, as Scrungee points out.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options