1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. ARMANDII
    Like x 3

THE TOMATO GROWING THREAD 2018

Yup that’s pretty much how my crimson cherry is looking against my own Crimson Crush babies! The reason I got the grafted crimson cherry was because that was the only option available! I’m...
    Yup that’s pretty much how my crimson cherry is looking against my own Crimson Crush babies! The reason I got the grafted crimson cherry was because that was the only option available! I’m guessing they need to be grafted for various reasons?
    Yup that’s pretty much how my crimson cherry is looking against my own Crimson Crush babies! The reason I got the grafted crimson cherry was because that was the only option available! I’m guessing they need to be grafted for various reasons?
    Yup that’s pretty much how my crimson cherry is looking against my own Crimson Crush babies! The reason I got the grafted crimson cherry was because that was the only option available! I’m...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ARMANDII

THE CHILLIES THREAD 2018

Mine are in conservatory until weather gets warmer never drops below 12 degrees even in January last few weeks never below 16 deg I will not put in greenhouse until I can maintain at least 10 deg...
    Mine are in conservatory until weather gets warmer never drops below 12 degrees even in January last few weeks never below 16 deg I will not put in greenhouse until I can maintain at least 10 deg Regds Sandy
    Mine are in conservatory until weather gets warmer never drops below 12 degrees even in January last few weeks never below 16 deg I will not put in greenhouse until I can maintain at least 10 deg Regds Sandy
    Mine are in conservatory until weather gets warmer never drops below 12 degrees even in January last few weeks never below 16 deg I will not put in greenhouse until I can maintain at least 10 deg...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. JWK
    Like x 5

Tomato Grafting

No out in the greenhouse border, probably covered with a fleece.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ARMANDII

TALLEST SUNFLOWER AND LARGEST SUNFLOWER HEAD 2018

I meant to post an image, but my phone was inside charging. I use this method with (giant)Sunflowers, (long) Runner Beans, (tall) Sweetcorn and some Squashes when I want to start them early in a...
    I meant to post an image, but my phone was inside charging. I use this method with (giant)Sunflowers, (long) Runner Beans, (tall) Sweetcorn and some Squashes when I want to start them early in a propagator, then either plant out in open ground, or pot on (into deep 'rose' pot) without any root...
    I meant to post an image, but my phone was inside charging. I use this method with (giant)Sunflowers, (long) Runner Beans, (tall) Sweetcorn and some Squashes when I want to start them early in a propagator, then either plant out in open ground,...
    I meant to post an image, but my phone was inside charging. I use this method with (giant)Sunflowers, (long) Runner Beans, (tall) Sweetcorn and some Squashes when I want to start them early in a...
    Capture.PNG mmmmm.jpg sun.PNG 9104FD7D-25D5-44EC-89C7-582E9EFD284B.jpeg 3FD3E877-141B-468F-9526-D5B6ED246F26.jpeg 7D71C110-DA68-4B1C-9579-C5559FA631D3.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ARMANDII

THE VEGETABLE GROWING THREAD 2018

I've finished planting the parsnip seedlings, I always put them under the milk containers to get them used to being outside.
    I've finished planting the parsnip seedlings, I always put them under the milk containers to get them used to being outside.
    DSCI0001 (8).JPG DSCI0002 (7).JPG gc tom seeds.jpg DSCI0001 (33).JPG DSCI0001 (4).JPG DSCI0001 (6).JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. misterQ
    Like x 6

The Spud In A Bucket Growing Competition 2018

Similarly, rice krispies in milk.Have your carrots snap, crackle and popped yet?
    Similarly, rice krispies in milk.Have your carrots snap, crackle and popped yet?
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ARMANDII

THE TATTIES THREAD 2018

They say that animal owners resemble their pets so the same must go for vegetable growers?
    They say that animal owners resemble their pets so the same must go for vegetable growers?
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Zigs
    Like x 3

Giant Onions 2018

Just planted mine out :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ARMANDII

THE TOMATO SEED SWAP THREAD 2018

Can anybody recommend a good tasty heavy cropper?
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. ARMANDII

PUMPKIN GROWING THREAD 2018

Thanks again Steve. I noticed the seeds edges are rather raised and hard so will do that and stay away from pointy endThat website is pretty interesting it's like an Ancestry for pumpkins!
    Thanks again Steve. I noticed the seeds edges are rather raised and hard so will do that and stay away from pointy endThat website is pretty interesting it's like an Ancestry for pumpkins!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Steve R
    Like x 11

Sowing seeds too early.

We do it every year don't we! Too eager to begin the process and end up with weak, leggy seedlings :blue thumb:
    We do it every year don't we! Too eager to begin the process and end up with weak, leggy seedlings :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Steve R
    Informative x 4

Giant Pumpkin Growing Guide

Might be best to post this on the 2016 Pumpkin Growing thread @Snowbaby
    Replies:
    Views:
  14.   » Normal Threads
  15. Notty1975

Morrison’s fruit trees any good?

I have no problem with any of Morrisons plants. You just need to get them before they have managed to kill them;).
    I have no problem with any of Morrisons plants. You just need to get them before they have managed to kill them;).
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. WeeTam

Any Asian Pear (Nashi) growers about?

Might give that a go too ,cheers Pete. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Sian in Belgium
    Like x 3

"No dig" raised beds? Monty, you're having a laugh!

Well, I've just been handling the "raw" soil. I'd forgotten quite how bad it is! Depressing as the new soil is, it's still much improved!Taken a couple of videos (please excuse the...
    Well, I've just been handling the "raw" soil. I'd forgotten quite how bad it is! Depressing as the new soil is, it's still much improved!Taken a couple of videos (please excuse the breathing/wind sound effects!)Grrr! Can't upload them...( ..a little distracted, as whilst sitting here...
    Well, I've just been handling the "raw" soil. I'd forgotten quite how bad it is! Depressing as the new soil is, it's still much improved!Taken a couple of videos (please excuse the breathing/wind sound effects!)Grrr! Can't upload them...(...
    Well, I've just been handling the "raw" soil. I'd forgotten quite how bad it is! Depressing as the new soil is, it's still much improved!Taken a couple of videos (please excuse the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Mike77

Plum Tree and Bees

Good idea regards the ribbons. Will try this on my Nashi and Victoris plum tree, cheers
    Good idea regards the ribbons. Will try this on my Nashi and Victoris plum tree, cheers
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Notty1975

Help mold on my onion sets

They look to be growing really strongly, not sure why you are molly-codling them though. I planted sets out a few weeks ago before the cold spell with some shallots and they are peeping through...
    They look to be growing really strongly, not sure why you are molly-codling them though. I planted sets out a few weeks ago before the cold spell with some shallots and they are peeping through now (sturon and setton varieties). Some autumn planted ones are well away now with the warm spell we...
    They look to be growing really strongly, not sure why you are molly-codling them though. I planted sets out a few weeks ago before the cold spell with some shallots and they are peeping through now (sturon and setton varieties). Some autumn...
    They look to be growing really strongly, not sure why you are molly-codling them though. I planted sets out a few weeks ago before the cold spell with some shallots and they are peeping through...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Jimb0b

Damson or plum

I've damsons next to a plum. They are both flowering and I can't tell the difference just looking - but I know which is which, maybe someone locally knows what it is?
    I've damsons next to a plum. They are both flowering and I can't tell the difference just looking - but I know which is which, maybe someone locally knows what it is?
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. JWK
    Like x 7

Gardener's Delight Tomato Seed Germination and Growing Thread

That's great you are going to give old ones a try too Jack.Yes you have it right about keeping them pure as Scrungee explains here @Jack McHammocklashing
    That's great you are going to give old ones a try too Jack.Yes you have it right about keeping them pure as Scrungee explains here @Jack McHammocklashing
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Matthew Bishop

Growing mushrooms

AI live 20 mins from the largest Mushroom growing area in the USA.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Notty1975

Help my cucumbers are flowering already

You've been cheating:), no wonder your cucumbers look a damn sight better than mine. My poor wee souls have been having to cope with the spare room (unheated) which can get guy chilly!
    You've been cheating:), no wonder your cucumbers look a damn sight better than mine. My poor wee souls have been having to cope with the spare room (unheated) which can get guy chilly!
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. silu

Cauliflower seed recommendations please

I grow the variety 'All Year Round' - does OK down here silu.
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Zigs

Which one of you lot...

Well, more of @"M"s came up than my gloden ones :doh:
    DSCI0003 (5).JPG DSCI0001 (31).JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. ricky101

Celeriac , worth growing in North of England ?

Sow in a pot, transplant to modules then plant out later, I've tried direct sown and it does not work for me.Sorry for late reply, I have been away.Steve...:)
    Sow in a pot, transplant to modules then plant out later, I've tried direct sown and it does not work for me.Sorry for late reply, I have been away.Steve...:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Notty1975

French climbing bean failure

I do my beans the same way as I do sweet peas.3/4 fill root trainer with compost, soak well then top off with dry compost, plant seed into dry compost then do not water until you have...
    I do my beans the same way as I do sweet peas.3/4 fill root trainer with compost, soak well then top off with dry compost, plant seed into dry compost then do not water until you have germination. Capillary action draws water into the dry compost to soak gently then germinate the seed. Cover...
    I do my beans the same way as I do sweet peas.3/4 fill root trainer with compost, soak well then top off with dry compost, plant seed into dry compost then do not water until you have germination. Capillary action draws water into the dry...
    I do my beans the same way as I do sweet peas.3/4 fill root trainer with compost, soak well then top off with dry compost, plant seed into dry compost then do not water until you have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Paul Blackburn

Do I prune Blueberries

I would wait until fruiting is over....prob August time. Keep well watered but the weather will still be warm and the new root growth made then will help establish the plants for next spring:)
    I would wait until fruiting is over....prob August time. Keep well watered but the weather will still be warm and the new root growth made then will help establish the plants for next spring:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. kazzawazza

Giant Strawberries

@Logan I got the seed from Ebay so it may not even grow :heehee:. There are no instructions either :scratch:
    @Logan I got the seed from Ebay so it may not even grow :heehee:. There are no instructions either :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. Jimb0b

Asparagus companion

@Jimb0b I am going to try courgettes in with my asparagus this year..
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Notty1975

Are my brassicas to leggy

Thanks both that’s brilliant
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. Paul Blackburn

Planting Brassica Seeds

I get better results for Cauli by using a propagator, all other brassicas do ok in the greenhouse in pots. I sow using 5 inch pots. Seed trays can dry out quicker this time of year if your out for...
    I get better results for Cauli by using a propagator, all other brassicas do ok in the greenhouse in pots. I sow using 5 inch pots. Seed trays can dry out quicker this time of year if your out for the day and it is sunny. Last year I sowed direct into my polytunnel beds, and they did very well...
    I get better results for Cauli by using a propagator, all other brassicas do ok in the greenhouse in pots. I sow using 5 inch pots. Seed trays can dry out quicker this time of year if your out for the day and it is sunny. Last year I sowed direct...
    I get better results for Cauli by using a propagator, all other brassicas do ok in the greenhouse in pots. I sow using 5 inch pots. Seed trays can dry out quicker this time of year if your out for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  33. nikirushka

How much space?

@nikirushka .Well I now grow a lot go my veg for 2 in my poly tunnel which measures 27' x 15'.. I also have an 8 x 6 greenhouse for tomatoes & chillis.. 4 large raised beds as well as various...
    @nikirushka .Well I now grow a lot go my veg for 2 in my poly tunnel which measures 27' x 15'.. I also have an 8 x 6 greenhouse for tomatoes & chillis.. 4 large raised beds as well as various large pots and containers and every year I run out of space.. :heehee: I though it would be loads of space but...
    @nikirushka .Well I now grow a lot go my veg for 2 in my poly tunnel which measures 27' x 15'.. I also have an 8 x 6 greenhouse for tomatoes & chillis.. 4 large raised beds as well as various large pots and containers and every year I run out of...
    @nikirushka .Well I now grow a lot go my veg for 2 in my poly tunnel which measures 27' x 15'.. I also have an 8 x 6 greenhouse for tomatoes & chillis.. 4 large raised beds as well as various...
    Replies:
    Views:
  34. HarryS

Potato Chitting Problems ?

Does anybody put grass cuttings in the bag?
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options