Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. JWK
    Like x 6

Tomato Grafting

Yes, it is worth the effort and I had a lot of fun doing it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Steve R
    Informative x 4

Giant Pumpkin Growing Guide

... and here's the guy with his previous Pumpkin ... Portugal’s largest pumpkin “Isidora” is Algarve-grown - Portugal ResidentPaderne is about 20 minutes from me.
    ... and here's the guy with his previous Pumpkin ... Portugal’s largest pumpkin “Isidora” is Algarve-grown - Portugal ResidentPaderne is about 20 minutes from me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Steve R
    Like x 16

Sowing seeds too early.

Thank you Wee Tam, that is very kind of you to say that.Steve...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. shiney
    Locked Sticky

How To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits

This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple Identification | Apple Varieties | Apple CultivarsWe went to an Apple Day at our local orchard and got our...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple Identification | Apple Varieties | Apple CultivarsWe went to...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. JWK

Blight Resistant Tomatoes

Will definitely try Honey Moon next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. JWK

Tomato Taste Test 2023

In the Greenhouse....Alicante....10 Roma....10 Beefmasters 20:biggrin:After an iffy start this years toms have been fabulous and still going strong ,sweet and flavorsome:dbgrtmb:
    In the Greenhouse....Alicante....10 Roma....10 Beefmasters 20:biggrin:After an iffy start this years toms have been fabulous and still going strong ,sweet and flavorsome:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Fred Clarke

Tomato Seed Swaps

@Goldenlily26 this reply is visible to everyone so don't put your address in this thread, please use the button "Quote in Conversation" to create a private message, you will get this screen -...
    @Goldenlily26 this reply is visible to everyone so don't put your address in this thread, please use the button "Quote in Conversation" to create a private message, you will get this screen - ensure it has got the title "Start a New Conversation". Conversations are private and equivalent to PMs...
    @Goldenlily26 this reply is visible to everyone so don't put your address in this thread, please use the button "Quote in Conversation" to create a private message, you will get this screen - ensure it has got the title "Start a New...
    @Goldenlily26 this reply is visible to everyone so don't put your address in this thread, please use the button "Quote in Conversation" to create a private message, you will get this screen -...
    upload_2024-3-26_8-59-25.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. burnie
    Like x 4

Seed sorting for 2024

I have a pkt of each of these seed.........Pink pampas grassWhite Pampas grassChamomile bode goldGerman Chamomile matricaria recutitsaFree to a good home............Pm if intrested
    I have a pkt of each of these seed.........Pink pampas grassWhite Pampas grassChamomile bode goldGerman Chamomile matricaria recutitsaFree to a good home............Pm if intrested
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. burnie
    Like x 4

Onion Growing 2024

Worth planting, they'll probably flower (I like onion flowers) and then you'll get loads of seeds for next year and a couple of years to come.
    Worth planting, they'll probably flower (I like onion flowers) and then you'll get loads of seeds for next year and a couple of years to come.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. JWK

Tomato Growing 2024

Very cold here today. I'd been able to put my little toms out in the greenhouse during the day for the past few days, bringing them in at night, but today they are staying snuggled up above a...
    Very cold here today. I'd been able to put my little toms out in the greenhouse during the day for the past few days, bringing them in at night, but today they are staying snuggled up above a radiator on the kitchen windowsill!!
    Very cold here today. I'd been able to put my little toms out in the greenhouse during the day for the past few days, bringing them in at night, but today they are staying snuggled up above a radiator on the kitchen windowsill!!
    Very cold here today. I'd been able to put my little toms out in the greenhouse during the day for the past few days, bringing them in at night, but today they are staying snuggled up above a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. JWK

Chillies 2024

Thanks Pete. Plenty of canes lying around. Fingers crossed you are right :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. JWK

Potato Growing 2024

Gosh it sounds I'm making no effort at all! I yanked out the old brassicas and threw in the chitted spuds. I'll try harder next time, promise
    Gosh it sounds I'm making no effort at all! I yanked out the old brassicas and threw in the chitted spuds. I'll try harder next time, promise
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. JWK

Vegetable Growing 2024

@burnie we are at the opposite end of the UK and cannot even think about planting out our shallots. We have had so much rain and again rain rain rain. Even with wellies we sink and so have to keep...
    @burnie we are at the opposite end of the UK and cannot even think about planting out our shallots. We have had so much rain and again rain rain rain. Even with wellies we sink and so have to keep of the ground.
    @burnie we are at the opposite end of the UK and cannot even think about planting out our shallots. We have had so much rain and again rain rain rain. Even with wellies we sink and so have to keep of the ground.
    @burnie we are at the opposite end of the UK and cannot even think about planting out our shallots. We have had so much rain and again rain rain rain. Even with wellies we sink and so have to keep...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15.   » Normal Threads
  16. Growmore

seed sowing times?

Depending on varieties.........Firstly , yes, you can usually start earlier in a greenhouse. But what I have below is a very broad answer to your question.Tomatoesin heated greenhouse, sow...
    Depending on varieties.........Firstly , yes, you can usually start earlier in a greenhouse. But what I have below is a very broad answer to your question.Tomatoesin heated greenhouse, sow late Dec to early january to transplant underglass late Feb to early March.unheated greenhouse, sow...
    Depending on varieties.........Firstly , yes, you can usually start earlier in a greenhouse. But what I have below is a very broad answer to your question.Tomatoesin heated greenhouse, sow late Dec to early january to transplant underglass...
    Depending on varieties.........Firstly , yes, you can usually start earlier in a greenhouse. But what I have below is a very broad answer to your question.Tomatoesin heated greenhouse, sow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. cgorman

Diverse Vegetables

Ooops. Cheers for that, URL was from memory.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Fitzy

Growing pumpkins

HI Fitzy not grown pumpkins myself, but I thought they were usually grown along the ground. Perhaps with the fruits placed on a board, or similar, to keep them just clear of the ground.
    HI Fitzy not grown pumpkins myself, but I thought they were usually grown along the ground. Perhaps with the fruits placed on a board, or similar, to keep them just clear of the ground.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Kev H

Garlic Chive Invasion!!

Kev,I would imagine a good dig over, removing all signs of chives would be a start, any you miss, when they start to grow, remove the whole clump.Sorry I can't think of any other...
    Kev,I would imagine a good dig over, removing all signs of chives would be a start, any you miss, when they start to grow, remove the whole clump.Sorry I can't think of any other way.Nathan.ps, thanks for registering.
    Kev,I would imagine a good dig over, removing all signs of chives would be a start, any you miss, when they start to grow, remove the whole clump.Sorry I can't think of any other way.Nathan.ps, thanks for registering.
    Kev,I would imagine a good dig over, removing all signs of chives would be a start, any you miss, when they start to grow, remove the whole clump.Sorry I can't think of any other...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. spademan19

carrots

Carrot only flies 15inches from the ground(I don't who worked that one out) errect a poly barrier two feet high round the bed. If the soil is clay try growing paramex which are round carrots about...
    Carrot only flies 15inches from the ground(I don't who worked that one out) errect a poly barrier two feet high round the bed. If the soil is clay try growing paramex which are round carrots about two inches across.
    Carrot only flies 15inches from the ground(I don't who worked that one out) errect a poly barrier two feet high round the bed. If the soil is clay try growing paramex which are round carrots about two inches across.
    Carrot only flies 15inches from the ground(I don't who worked that one out) errect a poly barrier two feet high round the bed. If the soil is clay try growing paramex which are round carrots about...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. alan

Leggy tomato plants

Alan,I sowed 3 Tomato seeds yesterday (sweet million), and am going to sow some more in about 4-6 weeks time, that way I will get a longer cropping period.Tomatoes can be sown in a greenhouse...
    Alan,I sowed 3 Tomato seeds yesterday (sweet million), and am going to sow some more in about 4-6 weeks time, that way I will get a longer cropping period.Tomatoes can be sown in a greenhouse in January, if they are going to stay in the greenhouse, for planting outside, you want to leave...
    Alan,I sowed 3 Tomato seeds yesterday (sweet million), and am going to sow some more in about 4-6 weeks time, that way I will get a longer cropping period.Tomatoes can be sown in a greenhouse in January, if they are going to stay in the...
    Alan,I sowed 3 Tomato seeds yesterday (sweet million), and am going to sow some more in about 4-6 weeks time, that way I will get a longer cropping period.Tomatoes can be sown in a greenhouse...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Izzy

courgette virus

Plant virus are usually spread through the contamination of the sap. Usually spread by sap sucking insects but can also be spread by using unclean tools, say when cutting off dead leaves during...
    Plant virus are usually spread through the contamination of the sap. Usually spread by sap sucking insects but can also be spread by using unclean tools, say when cutting off dead leaves during the growing season. Its always best to use fresh compost and clean pots anyway.pete
    Plant virus are usually spread through the contamination of the sap. Usually spread by sap sucking insects but can also be spread by using unclean tools, say when cutting off dead leaves during the growing season. Its always best to use fresh...
    Plant virus are usually spread through the contamination of the sap. Usually spread by sap sucking insects but can also be spread by using unclean tools, say when cutting off dead leaves during...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Liz Giz

Raspberries

Thanks. My mother-out-law is due to visit for the weekend; I will wait till Monday and take out my frustration on the raspberries!
    Thanks. My mother-out-law is due to visit for the weekend; I will wait till Monday and take out my frustration on the raspberries!
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. 0250e

TOMATOES

I grew Tomatillos a couple of years ago. Really needed to be grown under cover. Similar to physalis, in fact it is a physalis. Like cape gooseberry but larger and insipid flavour but the yanks and...
    I grew Tomatillos a couple of years ago. Really needed to be grown under cover. Similar to physalis, in fact it is a physalis. Like cape gooseberry but larger and insipid flavour but the yanks and mex like them.They've got some on ebay.
    I grew Tomatillos a couple of years ago. Really needed to be grown under cover. Similar to physalis, in fact it is a physalis. Like cape gooseberry but larger and insipid flavour but the yanks and mex like them.They've got some on ebay.
    I grew Tomatillos a couple of years ago. Really needed to be grown under cover. Similar to physalis, in fact it is a physalis. Like cape gooseberry but larger and insipid flavour but the yanks and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Buttercup

New Vegie Patch

Well done Buttercup...if it's Woodash rest assured you never have slugs nibbling at your vegies, lol as long as it's not all just ash,but dig it in deep and mix well with soil, maybe some sand or...
    Well done Buttercup...if it's Woodash rest assured you never have slugs nibbling at your vegies, lol as long as it's not all just ash,but dig it in deep and mix well with soil, maybe some sand or peat /peat substitute would not go amiss,if the soil is too dusty. You should have saved this...
    Well done Buttercup...if it's Woodash rest assured you never have slugs nibbling at your vegies, lol as long as it's not all just ash,but dig it in deep and mix well with soil, maybe some sand or peat /peat substitute would not go amiss,if the...
    Well done Buttercup...if it's Woodash rest assured you never have slugs nibbling at your vegies, lol as long as it's not all just ash,but dig it in deep and mix well with soil, maybe some sand or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. beans

Winter cabbages

Thanks for the reply maybe they were a little early, too much going on last year for me to remember now
    Thanks for the reply maybe they were a little early, too much going on last year for me to remember now
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Buttercup

potato soil

Hi Buttercup, I've grown potatoes for many years in soil with a neutral pH; just add some good old fashioned well rotted manure and I'm sure you'll get a decent crop.
    Hi Buttercup, I've grown potatoes for many years in soil with a neutral pH; just add some good old fashioned well rotted manure and I'm sure you'll get a decent crop.
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. rblady

strawberries

No its not a silly question. I reckon they need potting up in 2-3 in pots. But keep them as cool as poss. and as light as poss. Having said that frost free, perhaps 50 deg F min. Those divided...
    No its not a silly question. I reckon they need potting up in 2-3 in pots. But keep them as cool as poss. and as light as poss. Having said that frost free, perhaps 50 deg F min. Those divided trays you can get for bedding plants would be OK. [ March 11, 2005, 07:54 PM: Message edited by:...
    No its not a silly question. I reckon they need potting up in 2-3 in pots. But keep them as cool as poss. and as light as poss. Having said that frost free, perhaps 50 deg F min. Those divided trays you can get for bedding plants would be OK. ...
    No its not a silly question. I reckon they need potting up in 2-3 in pots. But keep them as cool as poss. and as light as poss. Having said that frost free, perhaps 50 deg F min. Those divided...
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. colin

CRANBERRY`S

www.dorset-blueberry.com
    www.dorset-blueberry.com
    www.dorset-blueberry.com
    www.dorset-blueberry.com
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. turl

Kale ornamental (Sunrise)

Probably best sown outdoors when the weather allows. Not sure but dont they colour up in the late autumn, like ornamental cabbage. If so your probably a bit early.
    Probably best sown outdoors when the weather allows. Not sure but dont they colour up in the late autumn, like ornamental cabbage. If so your probably a bit early.
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. skrumpy

Asparagus

Thanks for your responses.
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. Rogthefish

Sweet Peppers(capsicum)

I've got redskin plants and plenty of fruit.Can someone tell me how big they will get and if I leave them on the plant if they will ripen and turn red?ThanksFeline
    I've got redskin plants and plenty of fruit.Can someone tell me how big they will get and if I leave them on the plant if they will ripen and turn red?ThanksFeline
    Replies:
    Views:
  33. choppy

Moving fruit trees? help

If they are already nicely situated and growing the safest and least stressfull option for the bushes is the 2nd one, one benefit is after scooping the weeds away you can replace the top section...
    If they are already nicely situated and growing the safest and least stressfull option for the bushes is the 2nd one, one benefit is after scooping the weeds away you can replace the top section with some better soil/compost (top dressing)
    If they are already nicely situated and growing the safest and least stressfull option for the bushes is the 2nd one, one benefit is after scooping the weeds away you can replace the top section with some better soil/compost (top dressing)
    If they are already nicely situated and growing the safest and least stressfull option for the bushes is the 2nd one, one benefit is after scooping the weeds away you can replace the top section...
    Replies:
    Views:
  34. colin

CRANBERRY PLANTS

http://www.dorset-blueberry.com/
    Replies:
    Views:
  35. malc

spring onion

Yeah, that monkeys real cheeky, aint he.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice