1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Following recent events, the Admin Team have a message for all members, which we hope will give some explanation and information.

We would be grateful if you could take the time to have a read. Thank you.

Click Here For More Info
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. ARMANDII
    Like x 4

THE TOMATO GROWING THREAD 2018

Last of the 2018 tomatoes
    Hello World WP_20180102_14_02_43_Pro.jpg 48D3B431-E6F9-4757-AEF9-8E0519E96575.jpeg DEC75AAC-6536-425B-AA75-41F2592C70BE.jpeg GC micro tom.jpg GC micro tom2.jpg micro toms.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ARMANDII

THE CHILLIES THREAD 2018

I've done nothing at all with them this year, my whole crop is in the freezer .... Apart from the care packages I have sent out to people.Thanks
    I've done nothing at all with them this year, my whole crop is in the freezer .... Apart from the care packages I have sent out to people.Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ARMANDII

THE TATTIES THREAD 2018

I only saw the Kennebecs mentioned in the article, unless I missed something too. No surprise in that I guess its one of their more popular varieties, and mine too after growing them this...
    I only saw the Kennebecs mentioned in the article, unless I missed something too. No surprise in that I guess its one of their more popular varieties, and mine too after growing them this year.Steve...:)Second paragraph: "Propagation tests were made with the varieties Kennebec, Netted Gem,...
    I only saw the Kennebecs mentioned in the article, unless I missed something too. No surprise in that I guess its one of their more popular varieties, and mine too after growing them this year.Steve...:)Second paragraph: "Propagation tests...
    I only saw the Kennebecs mentioned in the article, unless I missed something too. No surprise in that I guess its one of their more popular varieties, and mine too after growing them this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. JWK
    Like x 6

Tomato Grafting

The final harvest of the season.Rewinding a little...The proof of concept now exists in pictures.Now, go forth and try your own hand at grafting pepmatoes.
    The final harvest of the season.Rewinding a little...The proof of concept now exists in pictures.Now, go forth and try your own hand at grafting pepmatoes.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ARMANDII

TALLEST SUNFLOWER AND LARGEST SUNFLOWER HEAD 2018

Ooh dear ,feeling sad, just seen Gail's name. I'll say one thing only, then say no more. I miss her cheery outlook on life! I think we all sometimes need that! Life can be cruel, it can be brutal,...
    Ooh dear ,feeling sad, just seen Gail's name. I'll say one thing only, then say no more. I miss her cheery outlook on life! I think we all sometimes need that! Life can be cruel, it can be brutal, it can destroy people, to have a ray of sunshine, wherever it comes from, is precious:spinning:
    Ooh dear ,feeling sad, just seen Gail's name. I'll say one thing only, then say no more. I miss her cheery outlook on life! I think we all sometimes need that! Life can be cruel, it can be brutal, it can destroy people, to have a ray of sunshine,...
    Ooh dear ,feeling sad, just seen Gail's name. I'll say one thing only, then say no more. I miss her cheery outlook on life! I think we all sometimes need that! Life can be cruel, it can be brutal,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Zigs
    Like x 3

Giant Onions 2019

You’ve done well. When I grew them, they didn’t last long at all, less than a couple of months.
    You’ve done well. When I grew them, they didn’t last long at all, less than a couple of months.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ARMANDII

THE TOMATO SEED SWAP THREAD 2018

It's only partially archived, only tomato varieties beginning with the letter A Category:Tomato Variety List - Tatiana's TOMATOBaseEverything else is missing, for example
    It's only partially archived, only tomato varieties beginning with the letter A Category:Tomato Variety List - Tatiana's TOMATOBaseEverything else is missing, for example
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. misterQ
    Like x 6

The Spud In A Bucket Growing Competition 2018

@misterQ , great job on reporting your veggie trials , well done ! :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ARMANDII

PUMPKIN GROWING THREAD 2018

This is what I wanted to do when I set my target of 500lb a few years ago...Pumpkin boat takes to riverSteve...:)
    This is what I wanted to do when I set my target of 500lb a few years ago...Pumpkin boat takes to riverSteve...:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Steve R
    Like x 3

Vegetable Growing 2019

I put aside some 'Jazzy' potatoes from a store bought and mostly eaten bag from ASDA a few months ago. Individually wrapped in newspaper, under a desk, in a room where the blinds were kept closed...
    I put aside some 'Jazzy' potatoes from a store bought and mostly eaten bag from ASDA a few months ago. Individually wrapped in newspaper, under a desk, in a room where the blinds were kept closed and the radiators were kept off - I thought they'd be fine until I needed to start chitting them....
    I put aside some 'Jazzy' potatoes from a store bought and mostly eaten bag from ASDA a few months ago. Individually wrapped in newspaper, under a desk, in a room where the blinds were kept closed and the radiators were kept off - I thought they'd...
    I put aside some 'Jazzy' potatoes from a store bought and mostly eaten bag from ASDA a few months ago. Individually wrapped in newspaper, under a desk, in a room where the blinds were kept closed...
    IMG_20190107_220747_hdr.jpg spudshoots.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Steve R
    Informative x 4

Giant Pumpkin Growing Guide

Might be best to post this on the 2016 Pumpkin Growing thread @Snowbaby
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Steve R
    Like x 12

Sowing seeds too early.

Very useful information Steve :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14.   » Normal Threads
  15. JWK
    Like x 15

2013 Tomato Growing

It was the end of 2013's tomatoes couple of days ago. Two 3L slow cooker loads were turned into pasta sauce, leaving these for composting (after some have been picked out for the hens).
    It was the end of 2013's tomatoes couple of days ago. Two 3L slow cooker loads were turned into pasta sauce, leaving these for composting (after some have been picked out for the hens).
    toms dec sown.jpg toms dec sown jan6.jpg toms jan 2013.jpg toms dec sown jan24.jpg toms dec sown jan26.jpg toms 3feb2012.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Freddy
    Like x 3

2013 Onion Growing Challenge

The last part of the text in the above message is linked..and I don't like the look of it..please DONT click it. Steve...:)
    The last part of the text in the above message is linked..and I don't like the look of it..please DONT click it. Steve...:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. JWK
    Like x 4

Tomato Growing Thread 2012

Brilliant, I never thought of Nickeys as I've not used before. The ones from the states worked out far to expensive if they would even posted them. Thanks again
    Brilliant, I never thought of Nickeys as I've not used before. The ones from the states worked out far to expensive if they would even posted them. Thanks again
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. JWK
    Like x 4

2015 Tomato Growing

The 2016 Discussion is here
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. JWK
    Like x 6

2014 Tomato Growing

No, but once you've got lights and propagators it's worth stuffing whatever you can think of under them that might work and help pay the costs.
    No, but once you've got lights and propagators it's worth stuffing whatever you can think of under them that might work and help pay the costs.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Zigs
    Like x 6

Processing the Harvest

He's just a bit eccentric! :whistle: :heehee: But he makes interesting reading. :blue thumb: He just gets a bit contentious at times - which is not what GC is about. :)
    He's just a bit eccentric! :whistle: :heehee: But he makes interesting reading. :blue thumb: He just gets a bit contentious at times - which is not what GC is about. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. wiseowl
    Like x 4

2017 Tomato Growing

Must have dropped off when I brought that plant in during the frost, found em under chittin chicken.I'll ave em in me sandwich tomorrow :)
    Must have dropped off when I brought that plant in during the frost, found em under chittin chicken.I'll ave em in me sandwich tomorrow :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. JWK
    Like x 4

2016 Tomato Growing

Hold on a minute, is this the last tomato to ripen from 2016? :)Didn't think it would as it was very green when I picked it, but it got lost in me bed for a few weeks after rolling off the...
    Hold on a minute, is this the last tomato to ripen from 2016? :)Didn't think it would as it was very green when I picked it, but it got lost in me bed for a few weeks after rolling off the windowcill :phew:
    Hold on a minute, is this the last tomato to ripen from 2016? :)Didn't think it would as it was very green when I picked it, but it got lost in me bed for a few weeks after rolling off the windowcill :phew:
    Hold on a minute, is this the last tomato to ripen from 2016? :)Didn't think it would as it was very green when I picked it, but it got lost in me bed for a few weeks after rolling off the...
    Ailsa craig.JPG Beefmaster.JPG Screenshot_2016-01-09-01-42-49.png image.jpeg DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0002.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Steve R
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Zigs

Walking with Cabbages.... Challenge..!!

I was thinking fo the Tomato seedlings - oncve the whitefly have swapped from the Walking Stick to the Toms !
    I was thinking fo the Tomato seedlings - oncve the whitefly have swapped from the Walking Stick to the Toms !
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Freddy
    Like x 4

2013 Growing Season

Sorry to hear that John :ouch1:Still got my last Kelsae in the kitchen, saving it for Loli :)
    Sorry to hear that John :ouch1:Still got my last Kelsae in the kitchen, saving it for Loli :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Steve R
    Like x 7

2014 The GC Pumpkin growing and carving challenge

Nice one Nathan
    Nice one Nathan
    Nice one Nathan
    Nice one Nathan
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Steve R

Pumpkin Growing Challenge !!

Yes, the little ones said mine looked like Garfield and not the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland like it was supposed to be :)
    Yes, the little ones said mine looked like Garfield and not the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland like it was supposed to be :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. ARMANDII

2017 GROWING THREAD

Last parsnip left in the garden and a few sprouts too, roll on next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. colne

International edible gardening

How they do love their pogies! I gave them their daily throw and it is a scene - every one down to the tiniest chick is off with one to some neutral spot, tearing it to swallowable pieces. My s...
    How they do love their pogies! I gave them their daily throw and it is a scene - every one down to the tiniest chick is off with one to some neutral spot, tearing it to swallowable pieces. My s kinds of brassicas are sprouted - I am starting them in trays and I worry I am too early.
    How they do love their pogies! I gave them their daily throw and it is a scene - every one down to the tiniest chick is off with one to some neutral spot, tearing it to swallowable pieces. My s kinds of brassicas are sprouted - I am starting them...
    How they do love their pogies! I gave them their daily throw and it is a scene - every one down to the tiniest chick is off with one to some neutral spot, tearing it to swallowable pieces. My s...
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. Steve R
    Like x 5

Pumpkin Growing Challenge 2012

Heres a little inspiration from the conservatory @ Bellagio in Vegas:-- 1,284 lb-- 995 lb-- (missed the weight)-- all guarded by a mildy scary talking tree, with strangely implausible...
    Heres a little inspiration from the conservatory @ Bellagio in Vegas:-- 1,284 lb-- 995 lb-- (missed the weight)-- all guarded by a mildy scary talking tree, with strangely implausible giant grapes growing on the branches.
    Heres a little inspiration from the conservatory @ Bellagio in Vegas:-- 1,284 lb-- 995 lb-- (missed the weight)-- all guarded by a mildy scary talking tree, with strangely implausible giant grapes growing on the branches.
    Heres a little inspiration from the conservatory @ Bellagio in Vegas:-- 1,284 lb-- 995 lb-- (missed the weight)-- all guarded by a mildy scary talking tree, with strangely implausible...
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Vince
    Like x 5

2013 - Biggest tomato Competition

I hope there's interest from others for another competition this (2014) year, but suggest that there's a requirement (as with other online comps) for a pic in progress + one on the scales.
    I hope there's interest from others for another competition this (2014) year, but suggest that there's a requirement (as with other online comps) for a pic in progress + one on the scales.
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. Scrungee

Tatties 2017

@Webmaster Every single previous UK supplier of Kondor seed potatoes have now either removed them from their lists of varieties they hope to have for 2018, or confirmed that they are unable to...
    @Webmaster Every single previous UK supplier of Kondor seed potatoes have now either removed them from their lists of varieties they hope to have for 2018, or confirmed that they are unable to source them.EDIT: The breeder rights expired in 2014, this could mean nobody will put the investment...
    @Webmaster Every single previous UK supplier of Kondor seed potatoes have now either removed them from their lists of varieties they hope to have for 2018, or confirmed that they are unable to source them.EDIT: The breeder rights expired in...
    @Webmaster Every single previous UK supplier of Kondor seed potatoes have now either removed them from their lists of varieties they hope to have for 2018, or confirmed that they are unable to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  33. Freddy
    Like x 5

The 2015 Chilli Thread

Well annoyingly it didnt quite set so its more an orange-chilli-dip this year...
    Well annoyingly it didnt quite set so its more an orange-chilli-dip this year...
    Replies:
    Views:
  34. Steve R
    Like x 6

The Pumpkin growing and carving challenge 2015

Very good MisterQ
    Very good MisterQ
    Very good MisterQ
    Very good MisterQ
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options