1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. David G

Selfset Cucumber

Hi elainefiz No I did not have to do anything just let them grow and kept them watered, I am very busy with work and these were perfect as time is short for me at present. The plant is growing in...
    Hi elainefiz No I did not have to do anything just let them grow and kept them watered, I am very busy with work and these were perfect as time is short for me at present. The plant is growing in with the Tomatoes so I will try to move it at the weekend I may even try to grow it on...
    Hi elainefiz No I did not have to do anything just let them grow and kept them watered, I am very busy with work and these were perfect as time is short for me at present. The plant is growing in with the Tomatoes so I will try to move it at the...
    Hi elainefiz No I did not have to do anything just let them grow and kept them watered, I am very busy with work and these were perfect as time is short for me at present. The plant is growing in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Gillypetunia

Peppermint

It is easy to make up peppermint tea i must also say you would be better off drying and storing some for winter use..a lot of the herbal tea in supermarkets is grown in poly tunnells under...
    It is easy to make up peppermint tea i must also say you would be better off drying and storing some for winter use..a lot of the herbal tea in supermarkets is grown in poly tunnells under artificial light and has very little benefit..their is quality amongst them so go for a good organic one if...
    It is easy to make up peppermint tea i must also say you would be better off drying and storing some for winter use..a lot of the herbal tea in supermarkets is grown in poly tunnells under artificial light and has very little benefit..their is...
    It is easy to make up peppermint tea i must also say you would be better off drying and storing some for winter use..a lot of the herbal tea in supermarkets is grown in poly tunnells under...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Mrs Bobs

Garlic

Guess I could move my courgette and squash plants to the garlic bed and put the leeks where they used to be. The leaves on the garlic are beginning to go yellow now. Thanks for the help.
    Guess I could move my courgette and squash plants to the garlic bed and put the leeks where they used to be. The leaves on the garlic are beginning to go yellow now. Thanks for the help.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. sanuka

Radishes

My "French Breakfast " were ready in 3 weeks !
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. aquarian3

Parsley growing like mad!

Fresh parsley is great. the dried stuff makes the food feel a bit.....gritty! I have not had much success with it. According to that great organic guru Lawrence Hills it could be because the wife...
    Fresh parsley is great. the dried stuff makes the food feel a bit.....gritty! I have not had much success with it. According to that great organic guru Lawrence Hills it could be because the wife was wearing the trousers or because of the shedding of Campbell blood. I denie absolutely hurting...
    Fresh parsley is great. the dried stuff makes the food feel a bit.....gritty! I have not had much success with it. According to that great organic guru Lawrence Hills it could be because the wife was wearing the trousers or because of the...
    Fresh parsley is great. the dried stuff makes the food feel a bit.....gritty! I have not had much success with it. According to that great organic guru Lawrence Hills it could be because the wife...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. elainefiz

sickly sweetcorn

Thank`s Kevin, Kandy and pete. I will try with the nettles ( there`s plenty of them) I did the same thing last yr with regards to spacing Kandy.I really thought i`d put them closer this yr. ...
    Thank`s Kevin, Kandy and pete. I will try with the nettles ( there`s plenty of them) I did the same thing last yr with regards to spacing Kandy.I really thought i`d put them closer this yr. Pete, you are exactly right.I started them off (far too early)in the cold frame, then had to shift...
    Thank`s Kevin, Kandy and pete. I will try with the nettles ( there`s plenty of them) I did the same thing last yr with regards to spacing Kandy.I really thought i`d put them closer this yr. Pete, you are exactly right.I started them off (far...
    Thank`s Kevin, Kandy and pete. I will try with the nettles ( there`s plenty of them) I did the same thing last yr with regards to spacing Kandy.I really thought i`d put them closer this yr. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. oktarine

My Veg Plot Diary

Still no news, just the occasional twinge !
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Dave_In_His_Garden

Sickly Courgette Advice

if the end of the courgette has become soggy and mouldy, it is either the effect of frost or too much moisture. Tell your chum to only water around the base of the plant. Any curcubita should be...
    if the end of the courgette has become soggy and mouldy, it is either the effect of frost or too much moisture. Tell your chum to only water around the base of the plant. Any curcubita should be treated likewise, they should never be watered rom above all over the foliage. And in the very...
    if the end of the courgette has become soggy and mouldy, it is either the effect of frost or too much moisture. Tell your chum to only water around the base of the plant. Any curcubita should be treated likewise, they should never be watered rom...
    if the end of the courgette has become soggy and mouldy, it is either the effect of frost or too much moisture. Tell your chum to only water around the base of the plant. Any curcubita should be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. cattwoman25

peppers ?

Hi cattwoman25.Yes you can eat them now.You can leave them on until they turn red but it doesn`t improve the flavour.
    Hi cattwoman25.Yes you can eat them now.You can leave them on until they turn red but it doesn`t improve the flavour.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. gloria

Peppers, cucumbers & courgettes

The courgettes will grow short and stubby, but the cue will extend away from the pot. It will then have wispy tendrils. Unless you're growing a bush cue?. Cant help you with chilli's, son't grow...
    The courgettes will grow short and stubby, but the cue will extend away from the pot. It will then have wispy tendrils. Unless you're growing a bush cue?. Cant help you with chilli's, son't grow them myself.
    The courgettes will grow short and stubby, but the cue will extend away from the pot. It will then have wispy tendrils. Unless you're growing a bush cue?. Cant help you with chilli's, son't grow them myself.
    The courgettes will grow short and stubby, but the cue will extend away from the pot. It will then have wispy tendrils. Unless you're growing a bush cue?. Cant help you with chilli's, son't grow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. windy miller

windy sweetcorn

Hello all, I'm trying veg for the very first time this year. I've got potatoes in buckets, carrots in deep pots and sweet corn in old chicken manure pellet tubs. Oh yes and a tomato plant. Not...
    Hello all, I'm trying veg for the very first time this year. I've got potatoes in buckets, carrots in deep pots and sweet corn in old chicken manure pellet tubs. Oh yes and a tomato plant. Not too sure what i'm doing with any of them, but I thought I'd give it a go.I'm now considering...
    Hello all, I'm trying veg for the very first time this year. I've got potatoes in buckets, carrots in deep pots and sweet corn in old chicken manure pellet tubs. Oh yes and a tomato plant. Not too sure what i'm doing with any of them, but I...
    Hello all, I'm trying veg for the very first time this year. I've got potatoes in buckets, carrots in deep pots and sweet corn in old chicken manure pellet tubs. Oh yes and a tomato plant. Not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Gillypetunia

Can I grow toms in pots?

Thanks fot that link John. As you say - very interesting reading!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Lizz

Baby Apples!!!!

Well done ! Which variety are they?
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. lottielou

Courgettes

What about capsicum? Don't think they take as much room as a courgette.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. peapod

my hopefully soon to be peas :-)

Haven't got pods on mine yet!! Although I haven't checked closely. Will do tonight.
    Haven't got pods on mine yet!! Although I haven't checked closely. Will do tonight.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. LooseLotty

French beans split?

Thanks I will get some netting. Any kind in particular? I thought it may be some form of bolting as I planted out early?
    Thanks I will get some netting. Any kind in particular? I thought it may be some form of bolting as I planted out early?
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. ferretdiver

Tomato Problem

H K is probably right it could be scorch caused by the sun falling on the water on the leaves, just be careful when you water them.
    H K is probably right it could be scorch caused by the sun falling on the water on the leaves, just be careful when you water them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ruffmeister

First Strawberries

yup[ another handful today hmmm
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. oldwinegum

Salad crop

Hi elainefiz, just keep them well watered in good light and leave them a day or two to recover and they should produce more leaves.
    Hi elainefiz, just keep them well watered in good light and leave them a day or two to recover and they should produce more leaves.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. oktarine

My Veg Plot Diary

It just so happens I have seeds for quite a few of those It'll have to be something low-growing because the gales step up in Autumn.. mmmmm....decisions, decisions :D
    It just so happens I have seeds for quite a few of those It'll have to be something low-growing because the gales step up in Autumn.. mmmmm....decisions, decisions :D
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice