1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. wiseowl

Woos Toms

Ok Woo,I will send you a PM with my address.Any chance of sending me any special growing instructions that they may need Ta :cool:
    Ok Woo,I will send you a PM with my address.Any chance of sending me any special growing instructions that they may need Ta :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. david22

runner beans

Dave i am also going to try putting the sugar on the tips ,he swears by it.I can hear you shouting abuse at your plants from here! just tell the neighbours you have got vegetable growing tourettes!
    Dave i am also going to try putting the sugar on the tips ,he swears by it.I can hear you shouting abuse at your plants from here! just tell the neighbours you have got vegetable growing tourettes!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. dalbuie

Strawberries.

vine weevil females are usually active through may - june, laying their eggs on the top of the soil. The grubs, once hatched, move down into the soil to root level. here they grow their huge teeth...
    vine weevil females are usually active through may - june, laying their eggs on the top of the soil. The grubs, once hatched, move down into the soil to root level. here they grow their huge teeth overnight and chomp their way through the roots. The grubs are about 1cm long, but usually...
    vine weevil females are usually active through may - june, laying their eggs on the top of the soil. The grubs, once hatched, move down into the soil to root level. here they grow their huge teeth overnight and chomp their way through the roots....
    vine weevil females are usually active through may - june, laying their eggs on the top of the soil. The grubs, once hatched, move down into the soil to root level. here they grow their huge teeth...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. mnphysicist

how to identify sprouts

I AGREE WITH BLACKTHORN AS TOMATOS TAKE 10-14 DAYS PEPPERS 14-21 AS B T I'VE NEVER DONE STRAWBERRYS
    I AGREE WITH BLACKTHORN AS TOMATOS TAKE 10-14 DAYS PEPPERS 14-21 AS B T I'VE NEVER DONE STRAWBERRYS
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. elainefiz

mixed up tomatoes.

I think i may have to reconsider the position of the basket.The fence i mentioned is actally a kennel and if it is a cordon it will be... blowing in the wind.
    I think i may have to reconsider the position of the basket.The fence i mentioned is actally a kennel and if it is a cordon it will be... blowing in the wind.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. blue

Tomatoes

Thanks once again Liz ! I am going to give it a try! I am planting everything in site now lol i went to wash my shorts yesterday and in the pockets i found some seeds that i had collected from...
    Thanks once again Liz ! I am going to give it a try! I am planting everything in site now lol i went to wash my shorts yesterday and in the pockets i found some seeds that i had collected from South Africa ,i haven't a clue what they are i have just put them in a seed tray and hope for the best.
    Thanks once again Liz ! I am going to give it a try! I am planting everything in site now lol i went to wash my shorts yesterday and in the pockets i found some seeds that i had collected from South Africa ,i haven't a clue what they are i have...
    Thanks once again Liz ! I am going to give it a try! I am planting everything in site now lol i went to wash my shorts yesterday and in the pockets i found some seeds that i had collected from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Stingo

Watercress seeds?

Thanks for that info, that's what he wants it for his pond.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. oktarine

Black Stems on Broad Beans Help !

It sounds to me like foot rot. With this the stem base and roots turn dark and the leaves turn yellow. Treatment is by lifting and burning the infected plants and treating the ground with Cheshunt...
    It sounds to me like foot rot. With this the stem base and roots turn dark and the leaves turn yellow. Treatment is by lifting and burning the infected plants and treating the ground with Cheshunt compound. David.
    It sounds to me like foot rot. With this the stem base and roots turn dark and the leaves turn yellow. Treatment is by lifting and burning the infected plants and treating the ground with Cheshunt compound. David.
    It sounds to me like foot rot. With this the stem base and roots turn dark and the leaves turn yellow. Treatment is by lifting and burning the infected plants and treating the ground with Cheshunt...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. oktarine

My Veg Plot Diary

Gutted for you mate :( But I suppose it's all knowledge in the bank......not quite the same as beans in your belly admittedly :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Gutted for you mate :( But I suppose it's all knowledge in the bank......not quite the same as beans in your belly admittedly :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. taz

freezing veg

Many thanks.......glenw
    Many thanks.......glenw
    Many thanks.......glenw
    Many thanks.......glenw
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. dalbuie

No sign of germination.

Great news dalbuie!
    Great news dalbuie!
    Great news dalbuie!
    Great news dalbuie!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. grubby mitts

the 3 sisters

thanks sarah 999 that sounds a good Idea to me the only thing is that pumpkins take up to much room by rambling where you don't want them.
    thanks sarah 999 that sounds a good Idea to me the only thing is that pumpkins take up to much room by rambling where you don't want them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. TeaTree

Advice on runner beans

hi I have planted my runner beans seed spread out in a seed tray in seed compost covered with newspaper, and kept moist in a cold greenhouse, they took just over a week to germinate, and when the...
    hi I have planted my runner beans seed spread out in a seed tray in seed compost covered with newspaper, and kept moist in a cold greenhouse, they took just over a week to germinate, and when the shoots was just showing I eased them out with my fingers, and planted them in the garden about a...
    hi I have planted my runner beans seed spread out in a seed tray in seed compost covered with newspaper, and kept moist in a cold greenhouse, they took just over a week to germinate, and when the shoots was just showing I eased them out with my...
    hi I have planted my runner beans seed spread out in a seed tray in seed compost covered with newspaper, and kept moist in a cold greenhouse, they took just over a week to germinate, and when the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. GEORGECAT

Broad Beans

Yes JohnBinks thats what I mean.I've never had a problem with black fly maybe its too cold in Scotland.
    Yes JohnBinks thats what I mean.I've never had a problem with black fly maybe its too cold in Scotland.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. newbiegrower

runner beans

Hi newbiegrower, I think you may have put them out a little bit early. Conditions haven`t really settled yet for them so try and give them a little protection i.e gently wrap some polythene around...
    Hi newbiegrower, I think you may have put them out a little bit early. Conditions haven`t really settled yet for them so try and give them a little protection i.e gently wrap some polythene around the row. As for ph levels, most veg prefer a ph of between 6.5 and 7.0. And remember, if you use...
    Hi newbiegrower, I think you may have put them out a little bit early. Conditions haven`t really settled yet for them so try and give them a little protection i.e gently wrap some polythene around the row. As for ph levels, most veg prefer a ph...
    Hi newbiegrower, I think you may have put them out a little bit early. Conditions haven`t really settled yet for them so try and give them a little protection i.e gently wrap some polythene around...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. cabbagepatch

cucumbers

Welcome to you. Cucumbers are very prone to rotting at the point where the stem meets the soil so it is important to keep the soil here dry. I always water from the bottom (if in a pot) and if in...
    Welcome to you. Cucumbers are very prone to rotting at the point where the stem meets the soil so it is important to keep the soil here dry. I always water from the bottom (if in a pot) and if in the border sink a 2 inch plastic pipe down to the roots of the plant and water through this.The...
    Welcome to you. Cucumbers are very prone to rotting at the point where the stem meets the soil so it is important to keep the soil here dry. I always water from the bottom (if in a pot) and if in the border sink a 2 inch plastic pipe down to the...
    Welcome to you. Cucumbers are very prone to rotting at the point where the stem meets the soil so it is important to keep the soil here dry. I always water from the bottom (if in a pot) and if in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Kathy3

salad hanging basket

thanks guys will give it a go ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. newbiegrower

watermelons

I've not tried for a long time, I always thought they needed greenhouse growing, and even then its a job to keep them warm enough, long enough. A few years ago they were trying to breed ones more...
    I've not tried for a long time, I always thought they needed greenhouse growing, and even then its a job to keep them warm enough, long enough. A few years ago they were trying to breed ones more suitable to northern areas, dont know what came of them. They tend to be a large plant that needs...
    I've not tried for a long time, I always thought they needed greenhouse growing, and even then its a job to keep them warm enough, long enough. A few years ago they were trying to breed ones more suitable to northern areas, dont know what came...
    I've not tried for a long time, I always thought they needed greenhouse growing, and even then its a job to keep them warm enough, long enough. A few years ago they were trying to breed ones more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Blackthorn

Autumn sown tomatoes - update!

Great Biscombe, seems you did the same as me - great minds.... :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Kaytutt

potatoes

Great news windy!
    Great news windy!
    Great news windy!
    Great news windy!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice