Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. gandygardener

peppers

:D Gandy! My peppers (capsicums) haven't germinated at all in the greenhouse. I think I'll try the airing cupboard too, but will try not to fall up the stairs :D
    :D Gandy! My peppers (capsicums) haven't germinated at all in the greenhouse. I think I'll try the airing cupboard too, but will try not to fall up the stairs :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. azadaman

carrots

Is it because the soil is too acidic ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Keith D

Garlic Barrier

Hi Keith, when you plant your brassicas interplant with your onions, shallots and garlic. You can also interplant with marigolds ( not the gloves ). David.
    Hi Keith, when you plant your brassicas interplant with your onions, shallots and garlic. You can also interplant with marigolds ( not the gloves ). David.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. lapod

planting leeks

Thanks for that I was thinkign of a piece of rigid corrugated plastic to keep them warmer. but it sounds good to keep them till they are as thick as a pencil Thanks. the garden itself is quite...
    Thanks for that I was thinkign of a piece of rigid corrugated plastic to keep them warmer. but it sounds good to keep them till they are as thick as a pencil Thanks. the garden itself is quite sheltered with a cliff behind it and a tallish hedge onthe west side and a barn to the north
    Thanks for that I was thinkign of a piece of rigid corrugated plastic to keep them warmer. but it sounds good to keep them till they are as thick as a pencil Thanks. the garden itself is quite sheltered with a cliff behind it and a tallish hedge...
    Thanks for that I was thinkign of a piece of rigid corrugated plastic to keep them warmer. but it sounds good to keep them till they are as thick as a pencil Thanks. the garden itself is quite...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. lynne

ostara strawberries

Watch out for mice lynne.They love strawberries.Not enough to eat a whole one though.They take a bite,then move to the next.It`s very frustrating.
    Watch out for mice lynne.They love strawberries.Not enough to eat a whole one though.They take a bite,then move to the next.It`s very frustrating.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Hyla arborea

Moving asparagus plants

Looks like just what I needed to know, Dave! Great stuff!! Digging's gonna be tough in our clay, but I reckon it could be worth it - even if I have to plant a new bed as well...
    Looks like just what I needed to know, Dave! Great stuff!! Digging's gonna be tough in our clay, but I reckon it could be worth it - even if I have to plant a new bed as well...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Mickeylove

Courgettes

I sowed mine last month - F1 "one ball" and a new climbing one, the former is romping away like mad!
    I sowed mine last month - F1 "one ball" and a new climbing one, the former is romping away like mad!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Mrs Bobs

When should I earth up potatoes?

Just to let you know, the 1st and 2nd earlies i planted 10 days ago are sprouting through the plastic sheet.I'll put pics on my blog on sunday.
    Just to let you know, the 1st and 2nd earlies i planted 10 days ago are sprouting through the plastic sheet.I'll put pics on my blog on sunday.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Dillydo

Sprouts

I planted some sprout seeds on Monday and they are up already. Had about 13 through yesterday evening and counted 25 today. Getting a little worried that they may look like baby cabbages when they...
    I planted some sprout seeds on Monday and they are up already. Had about 13 through yesterday evening and counted 25 today. Getting a little worried that they may look like baby cabbages when they are grown :(
    I planted some sprout seeds on Monday and they are up already. Had about 13 through yesterday evening and counted 25 today. Getting a little worried that they may look like baby cabbages when they are grown :(
    I planted some sprout seeds on Monday and they are up already. Had about 13 through yesterday evening and counted 25 today. Getting a little worried that they may look like baby cabbages when they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Mr Tickle

Loft insulation in veg. plot

Glass fibre insulation shouldn't cause a problem. Some of the horticultural fleeces and weed barriers are made of glass fibres and glass is an inert substance. I'd continue to use the ground and...
    Glass fibre insulation shouldn't cause a problem. Some of the horticultural fleeces and weed barriers are made of glass fibres and glass is an inert substance. I'd continue to use the ground and just dig out the stuff as and when you come across it. Mineral wool is used as a growing medium...
    Glass fibre insulation shouldn't cause a problem. Some of the horticultural fleeces and weed barriers are made of glass fibres and glass is an inert substance. I'd continue to use the ground and just dig out the stuff as and when you come across...
    Glass fibre insulation shouldn't cause a problem. Some of the horticultural fleeces and weed barriers are made of glass fibres and glass is an inert substance. I'd continue to use the ground and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Cherie Neale

tomato varities

Sun Gold (yellow) is setting fruit and Gardener's Delight are in flower. Not growing Moneymaker this year but have some Tumbling Tom (yellow) in a hanging basket. Also got some Red Skin sweet...
    Sun Gold (yellow) is setting fruit and Gardener's Delight are in flower. Not growing Moneymaker this year but have some Tumbling Tom (yellow) in a hanging basket. Also got some Red Skin sweet peppers that are just coming into bud.The mystery seeds taken from an unknown Gardener's Delight type...
    Sun Gold (yellow) is setting fruit and Gardener's Delight are in flower. Not growing Moneymaker this year but have some Tumbling Tom (yellow) in a hanging basket. Also got some Red Skin sweet peppers that are just coming into bud.The mystery...
    Sun Gold (yellow) is setting fruit and Gardener's Delight are in flower. Not growing Moneymaker this year but have some Tumbling Tom (yellow) in a hanging basket. Also got some Red Skin sweet...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. poppet

blueberry bush

Hi poppet There's a lot of info. about Blueberry bushes on this site. Go to "Container Gardening" and then onto "Container Grown Fruit Trees". Should give you all the info. you need. All the best .
    Hi poppet There's a lot of info. about Blueberry bushes on this site. Go to "Container Gardening" and then onto "Container Grown Fruit Trees". Should give you all the info. you need. All the best .
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. sharon

Fennel

I have two types of fennel for two years and no problems with it. I use it for salads, when cooking fish and many other dishes. I cannot do without it now.
    I have two types of fennel for two years and no problems with it. I use it for salads, when cooking fish and many other dishes. I cannot do without it now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. sammyveggiesbmth

toms and cucumbers from seed

Living in the North-East of England, I've always found that sowing Tomato seed before the middle of April is not really worth the bother because the seedlings tend to get leggy due to the lack of...
    Living in the North-East of England, I've always found that sowing Tomato seed before the middle of April is not really worth the bother because the seedlings tend to get leggy due to the lack of daylight and any exposure to low temperatures checks their development. Even when the days are warm...
    Living in the North-East of England, I've always found that sowing Tomato seed before the middle of April is not really worth the bother because the seedlings tend to get leggy due to the lack of daylight and any exposure to low temperatures...
    Living in the North-East of England, I've always found that sowing Tomato seed before the middle of April is not really worth the bother because the seedlings tend to get leggy due to the lack of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. monty

advacardo

I think you'll be okay, monty. Just not sure you'll get the fruit but you may have a lovely tree.Keep us posted!
    I think you'll be okay, monty. Just not sure you'll get the fruit but you may have a lovely tree.Keep us posted!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Scotkat

Mangetout

I am growing 3 types of lettuce, then bought (for some unknown reason) copy of Gardeners world mag, and there is damned free letuce seed with it!
    I am growing 3 types of lettuce, then bought (for some unknown reason) copy of Gardeners world mag, and there is damned free letuce seed with it!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. David G

Sainsburys Tomatoes

Hi Liz Thanks for the info I will try them as cordon and see how I get on. I guess when you say grows true from seed means you get fruits??Thanks againDave
    Hi Liz Thanks for the info I will try them as cordon and see how I get on. I guess when you say grows true from seed means you get fruits??Thanks againDave
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. sumo

pumpkins again!

its ok growing pumkins in containers provided you keep feeding and watering it.I would use plenty of tree bark so the plant is kept moist.
    its ok growing pumkins in containers provided you keep feeding and watering it.I would use plenty of tree bark so the plant is kept moist.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. roxy

New to veg & herb Gardeners

I've done really well managed to plant all my seeds in pot trays. - Beetroot, Leeks, Cucumber, Cauliflowers, Peppers, Cabbage, Peas, Tomatoes, and Lettuce and herbs in the greenhouse. In my...
    I've done really well managed to plant all my seeds in pot trays. - Beetroot, Leeks, Cucumber, Cauliflowers, Peppers, Cabbage, Peas, Tomatoes, and Lettuce and herbs in the greenhouse. In my raised beds I planted out Carrots, Onions, Potatoes and Swede.My first year veggie growing and...
    I've done really well managed to plant all my seeds in pot trays. - Beetroot, Leeks, Cucumber, Cauliflowers, Peppers, Cabbage, Peas, Tomatoes, and Lettuce and herbs in the greenhouse. In my raised beds I planted out Carrots, Onions, Potatoes and...
    I've done really well managed to plant all my seeds in pot trays. - Beetroot, Leeks, Cucumber, Cauliflowers, Peppers, Cabbage, Peas, Tomatoes, and Lettuce and herbs in the greenhouse. In my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. coco

carrots

I have a bath that I use for my strawberry bed, I drilled holes into it every few inches along its length for drainage and so far it is fine. If you are buying soil for it, you will need a fair...
    I have a bath that I use for my strawberry bed, I drilled holes into it every few inches along its length for drainage and so far it is fine. If you are buying soil for it, you will need a fair amount.
    I have a bath that I use for my strawberry bed, I drilled holes into it every few inches along its length for drainage and so far it is fine. If you are buying soil for it, you will need a fair amount.
    I have a bath that I use for my strawberry bed, I drilled holes into it every few inches along its length for drainage and so far it is fine. If you are buying soil for it, you will need a fair...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice