1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. ClaraLou

Blight resistant tomatoes

Freddy, maybe it's time to use some chemicals, like Bordeaux Mixture.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Kandy

Blight Resistant Tomato

I've heard about them Kandy but never tried them. I'll be very interested in how you get on this year.
    I've heard about them Kandy but never tried them. I'll be very interested in how you get on this year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Steve R

Blight Potatoes and Tomatoes.

I know Steve I have a horrid feeling my spuds might be secumbing not sure but suddenly the leaves have gone a bit pale.. Watching closely.. I do thankfully subscribe to the Watch.. :scratch::sad:
    I know Steve I have a horrid feeling my spuds might be secumbing not sure but suddenly the leaves have gone a bit pale.. Watching closely.. I do thankfully subscribe to the Watch.. :scratch::sad:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Greecko

Blight or ready?

ahhh, cheers! Ist year at them so haven't a clue! hopefully jow there is actually something ubder all those leaves!
    ahhh, cheers! Ist year at them so haven't a clue! hopefully jow there is actually something ubder all those leaves!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. JWK

Blight on Tomatoes

Its sounds more like snake oil to me, but I'm willing to be proved wrong.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. andybike

blight on outdoor tomatoes

:hpbthd::hpbthd::hpbthd: 'Happy Belated Birthday' Andy,I noticed it but didn't put anything up because some members join post a couple of posts and we never see them on here again.I should...
    :hpbthd::hpbthd::hpbthd: 'Happy Belated Birthday' Andy,I noticed it but didn't put anything up because some members join post a couple of posts and we never see them on here again.I should have looked at your profile to see when your last activity was,sorry:oops::o Sorry to hear about your...
    :hpbthd::hpbthd::hpbthd: 'Happy Belated Birthday' Andy,I noticed it but didn't put anything up because some members join post a couple of posts and we never see them on here again.I should have looked at your profile to see when your last...
    :hpbthd::hpbthd::hpbthd: 'Happy Belated Birthday' Andy,I noticed it but didn't put anything up because some members join post a couple of posts and we never see them on here again.I should...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Kristen

Blight Map

"So early in the yea"We've had two days during May for almost all of the last 5 years ... so don't despair too easily!
    "So early in the yea"We've had two days during May for almost all of the last 5 years ... so don't despair too easily!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Steve R

Blight Beating Tomato - Crimson Crush

I'm growing Fantasio, supposedly blight resistant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Ptarmigan

Blight alert for potatoes in SW ?

Sounds like a good plan, even if those two sightings are not confirmed, the blight can not be far away now with all this wet.All my earlies are ready (foliage yellowed removed) and I just had a...
    Sounds like a good plan, even if those two sightings are not confirmed, the blight can not be far away now with all this wet.All my earlies are ready (foliage yellowed removed) and I just had a furtle in my maincrop and was surprised to find the first tuber I came to is 3 and a bit inches in...
    Sounds like a good plan, even if those two sightings are not confirmed, the blight can not be far away now with all this wet.All my earlies are ready (foliage yellowed removed) and I just had a furtle in my maincrop and was surprised to find...
    Sounds like a good plan, even if those two sightings are not confirmed, the blight can not be far away now with all this wet.All my earlies are ready (foliage yellowed removed) and I just had a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. capney

Blight alert

I've got my fingers crossed for you :thumb:.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. mchumph

blight advice

Has bean, you have to keep ventilating your greenhouse when its very sunny - otherwise close them as much as you dare. Its a balancing act as the humidity gets too high if you keep the vents...
    Has bean, you have to keep ventilating your greenhouse when its very sunny - otherwise close them as much as you dare. Its a balancing act as the humidity gets too high if you keep the vents closed all the time which encourages grey mould. Are you going to spray them with Dithane/Bordeaux...
    Has bean, you have to keep ventilating your greenhouse when its very sunny - otherwise close them as much as you dare. Its a balancing act as the humidity gets too high if you keep the vents closed all the time which encourages grey mould. Are...
    Has bean, you have to keep ventilating your greenhouse when its very sunny - otherwise close them as much as you dare. Its a balancing act as the humidity gets too high if you keep the vents...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Dave W
    Like x 3

Blight - Tomato & Potato

Thanks for the link, last time I searched I could only find one for the USA.I put my own postcode in + others to the NES&W, including 2 where I know there's commercial growers.
    Thanks for the link, last time I searched I could only find one for the USA.I put my own postcode in + others to the NES&W, including 2 where I know there's commercial growers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Phil A

Blight

Neah, you want the copper on the outside of your tomatoes, not the inside!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. brianthegas

blight

Thats a real puzzle Brian - it would be a shame to give up though, maybe next year grow just a couple of toms and use the extra space for the stuff Kristen said in post #2.
    Thats a real puzzle Brian - it would be a shame to give up though, maybe next year grow just a couple of toms and use the extra space for the stuff Kristen said in post #2.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Gwen austin

Bleeding bolt

Radish, cabbage, carrot all flowering. Carrot pulled to reveal tiny white root. Should have left the flower to open at least it would have been pretty. Torrential rain past few days so expecting...
    Radish, cabbage, carrot all flowering. Carrot pulled to reveal tiny white root. Should have left the flower to open at least it would have been pretty. Torrential rain past few days so expecting blight any day now
    Radish, cabbage, carrot all flowering. Carrot pulled to reveal tiny white root. Should have left the flower to open at least it would have been pretty. Torrential rain past few days so expecting blight any day now
    Radish, cabbage, carrot all flowering. Carrot pulled to reveal tiny white root. Should have left the flower to open at least it would have been pretty. Torrential rain past few days so expecting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fat Controller

Blanching celery

My celery is self blanching so I don't need to make the paper or cardboard collars. If yours are not self blanching, then this might help
    My celery is self blanching so I don't need to make the paper or cardboard collars. If yours are not self blanching, then this might help
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. FrancescaH

Blackfly on tomatoes

Quite often black fly get caught on the hairs on tomatoes, they are slightly sticky. I think the black fly mostly starve, but just stay there in the hairs.
    Quite often black fly get caught on the hairs on tomatoes, they are slightly sticky. I think the black fly mostly starve, but just stay there in the hairs.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. leonora

Blackfly on my beans

I used diluted washing up liquid on my Broad Beans which suddenly became covered with black fly overnight!! Wiped them out in no time leaving a few for the ladybirds to feast on.
    I used diluted washing up liquid on my Broad Beans which suddenly became covered with black fly overnight!! Wiped them out in no time leaving a few for the ladybirds to feast on.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. plantpotty

Blackcurrent help needed!

Summer was a bit late to be planting and I don't think you did it any favours by giving it a cut so late in the growing season. Blackcurrants are normally very easy to grow. If you take a cutting...
    Summer was a bit late to be planting and I don't think you did it any favours by giving it a cut so late in the growing season. Blackcurrants are normally very easy to grow. If you take a cutting and shove it in the ground there's a very good chance of it rooting. In your case I'd leave it...
    Summer was a bit late to be planting and I don't think you did it any favours by giving it a cut so late in the growing season. Blackcurrants are normally very easy to grow. If you take a cutting and shove it in the ground there's a very good...
    Summer was a bit late to be planting and I don't think you did it any favours by giving it a cut so late in the growing season. Blackcurrants are normally very easy to grow. If you take a cutting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. jetplane

Blackcurrent Bushes

David thanks for info on the pruning.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice