1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Dale Weatherby

Update 1 Worlds Hottest Chillies

I would love to see some pictures Dale...you are a brave soul growing all those hot peppers!!!:hate-shocked: We eat a few of them here too, although i havent started mine, heck i havent even decided what i'm...
    I would love to see some pictures Dale...you are a brave soul growing all those hot peppers!!!:hate-shocked: We eat a few of them here too, although i havent started mine, heck i havent even decided what i'm growing this year.:heehee: Question though, what do you do with all those peppers; cook with them, freeze...
    I would love to see some pictures Dale...you are a brave soul growing all those hot peppers!!!:hate-shocked: We eat a few of them here too, although i havent started mine, heck i havent even decided what i'm growing this year.:heehee: Question though, what do you...
    I would love to see some pictures Dale...you are a brave soul growing all those hot peppers!!!:hate-shocked: We eat a few of them here too, although i havent started mine, heck i havent even decided what i'm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. capney

Wayward strawberries

About three years for mine, but no problems with slugs as the bed was right next to the pond and I would often find a frog or two in the bed. Blackbirds on the other hand are a different story.
    About three years for mine, but no problems with slugs as the bed was right next to the pond and I would often find a frog or two in the bed. Blackbirds on the other hand are a different story.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Veg-and-flower-man

Potatoes :S

Hi V & F man. If they are earlies, then I`d wait until the flowers drop off then dig one up (that`s what I did). I found that the first one or two roots produced smallish (but delicious) spuds....
    Hi V & F man. If they are earlies, then I`d wait until the flowers drop off then dig one up (that`s what I did). I found that the first one or two roots produced smallish (but delicious) spuds. Cheers...freddy.
    Hi V & F man. If they are earlies, then I`d wait until the flowers drop off then dig one up (that`s what I did). I found that the first one or two roots produced smallish (but delicious) spuds. Cheers...freddy.
    Hi V & F man. If they are earlies, then I`d wait until the flowers drop off then dig one up (that`s what I did). I found that the first one or two roots produced smallish (but delicious) spuds....
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. blacksmith

spring cabbage problem

Hi Guys, I have some realy large and leafy spring cabbage which are just starting to heart up, but there is some type of mildew or soft rot attacking them, it starts anywhere on the leaves and...
    Hi Guys, I have some realy large and leafy spring cabbage which are just starting to heart up, but there is some type of mildew or soft rot attacking them, it starts anywhere on the leaves and spreads to the heart of the plant. It is wet and slimmy. Has anybody got an idea of what it is please
    Hi Guys, I have some realy large and leafy spring cabbage which are just starting to heart up, but there is some type of mildew or soft rot attacking them, it starts anywhere on the leaves and spreads to the heart of the plant. It is wet and...
    Hi Guys, I have some realy large and leafy spring cabbage which are just starting to heart up, but there is some type of mildew or soft rot attacking them, it starts anywhere on the leaves and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. SteveG

Broad beans

Nip the tops out. best to grow dwarf varieties if Blackfly is a problem. you can spray with fairy liqiud diluted
    Nip the tops out. best to grow dwarf varieties if Blackfly is a problem. you can spray with fairy liqiud diluted
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Kathy3

strawberry planter

They will make sure a stunning display Kathy and if the strawberries taste half as good as I'm sure the watering cans will look then it's all yum, yum! :D Hel.xxx.
    They will make sure a stunning display Kathy and if the strawberries taste half as good as I'm sure the watering cans will look then it's all yum, yum! :D Hel.xxx.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Fidgetsmum

What's up with my broccoli?

I always found it had a fairly short cropping season, especially if we get a mild spring. It quickly runs to large flower buds if it turns mild.
    I always found it had a fairly short cropping season, especially if we get a mild spring. It quickly runs to large flower buds if it turns mild.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ThePlantAssassin

Strawberry taste......or not

@cindy Check the recent thread starting with "Any Strawberry Experts...". And yeah, supermarket ones will give you no idea, all pretty much bland things, don't waste your money on them.
    @cindy Check the recent thread starting with "Any Strawberry Experts...". And yeah, supermarket ones will give you no idea, all pretty much bland things, don't waste your money on them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Sian in Belgium

Pair of triffids ... I mean yellow pear tomatoes!

Mine feel so inadequate in comparison. I think its a male thing :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. rainbow peter

Tomato plants

Morning Peter & Welcome...! I remove all discoloured lower leaves but I don't start removing them otherwise yet. I usually remove mine when the fruits have got to the size I want, bfore I...
    Morning Peter & Welcome...! I remove all discoloured lower leaves but I don't start removing them otherwise yet. I usually remove mine when the fruits have got to the size I want, bfore I remove the leaves... That is my way but I am not a big tomato grower, just a couple of plants a...
    Morning Peter & Welcome...! I remove all discoloured lower leaves but I don't start removing them otherwise yet. I usually remove mine when the fruits have got to the size I want, bfore I remove the leaves... That is my way but I am not...
    Morning Peter & Welcome...! I remove all discoloured lower leaves but I don't start removing them otherwise yet. I usually remove mine when the fruits have got to the size I want, bfore I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. sue young

strawbs - too much foliage ...

hi all, just wondered what to do about some of my strawberry plants; they have been really sturdy and produced a moderate amount of fruit for quite a few years now. ive managed to plant creepers...
    hi all, just wondered what to do about some of my strawberry plants; they have been really sturdy and produced a moderate amount of fruit for quite a few years now. ive managed to plant creepers from them, and this year have around 35-40 plants all flowering and producing fruit. However, one or...
    hi all, just wondered what to do about some of my strawberry plants; they have been really sturdy and produced a moderate amount of fruit for quite a few years now. ive managed to plant creepers from them, and this year have around 35-40 plants...
    hi all, just wondered what to do about some of my strawberry plants; they have been really sturdy and produced a moderate amount of fruit for quite a few years now. ive managed to plant creepers...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. David K

Training step-over apples.

Ah, OK. I never did that with the Espallier - I chopped the top off, at the next wire, each year and then took 3 shoots for Left, Up and Right. But the sideways ones I let just grow thereafter,...
    Ah, OK. I never did that with the Espallier - I chopped the top off, at the next wire, each year and then took 3 shoots for Left, Up and Right. But the sideways ones I let just grow thereafter, never reduced them (until they got to the end of the wire). I wonder if not having an apical shoot...
    Ah, OK. I never did that with the Espallier - I chopped the top off, at the next wire, each year and then took 3 shoots for Left, Up and Right. But the sideways ones I let just grow thereafter, never reduced them (until they got to the end of the...
    Ah, OK. I never did that with the Espallier - I chopped the top off, at the next wire, each year and then took 3 shoots for Left, Up and Right. But the sideways ones I let just grow thereafter,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. andybike

celery

I wasn't going to let on, but mine are that size too. The "plant out in May/June" hasn't quite happened yet!
    I wasn't going to let on, but mine are that size too. The "plant out in May/June" hasn't quite happened yet!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Adam Moran

Salad Crop

I planted out some cut and come again organic lettuce this morning. They have grown on in the conservatory to about 3" high. Weather mans says possible 6C so I reckon they should survive the night.
    I planted out some cut and come again organic lettuce this morning. They have grown on in the conservatory to about 3" high. Weather mans says possible 6C so I reckon they should survive the night.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Philippa

Mushroom growing

Thank you Caroline - I'll have a look at that and see if I can put my cellar to use !Thank you too John - your apology obviously worked:)
    Thank you Caroline - I'll have a look at that and see if I can put my cellar to use !Thank you too John - your apology obviously worked:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Mickeylove

Courgettes

I sowed mine last month - F1 "one ball" and a new climbing one, the former is romping away like mad!
    I sowed mine last month - F1 "one ball" and a new climbing one, the former is romping away like mad!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. galaxysue

cold frame

I put all my lowly cuttings in my cold frame and they do amazingly well in there as well as using it to harden off stuff as Moyra says. Hel.xxx.
    I put all my lowly cuttings in my cold frame and they do amazingly well in there as well as using it to harden off stuff as Moyra says. Hel.xxx.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. men8ifr

Tomatoes up a trellis?

Go for it, it could look quite attractive. And it will be easier to tie them in.:thumb:
    Go for it, it could look quite attractive. And it will be easier to tie them in.:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. jw_universe

Onion Seedling Questions

drooping leaves on onions isnt a problem. you can however support the bigger leaves of an onion plant. just make sure you dont over water. if the compost sticks to your boots, its to watery. ...
    drooping leaves on onions isnt a problem. you can however support the bigger leaves of an onion plant. just make sure you dont over water. if the compost sticks to your boots, its to watery. Most types of onion that are suitable for the pickle jar are also good to use as salad onions...
    drooping leaves on onions isnt a problem. you can however support the bigger leaves of an onion plant. just make sure you dont over water. if the compost sticks to your boots, its to watery. Most types of onion that are suitable for the pickle...
    drooping leaves on onions isnt a problem. you can however support the bigger leaves of an onion plant. just make sure you dont over water. if the compost sticks to your boots, its to watery. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. capney

Runner beans-another first.

First time for everything... This is me slicing fresh cut beans for Sunday dinnner. Something very satisfying in doing this, I just had to share it with you. Ro
    First time for everything... This is me slicing fresh cut beans for Sunday dinnner. Something very satisfying in doing this, I just had to share it with you. Ro
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice