Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. anorakgirl

Muddy Vegetable Patch

Hi, Thanks seems like the best option so have covered it in plastic and am waiting for it to dry out a bitHeh, and yes it seems like it always rains here, I might counting dry days actually just...
    Hi, Thanks seems like the best option so have covered it in plastic and am waiting for it to dry out a bitHeh, and yes it seems like it always rains here, I might counting dry days actually just to see...Thanks for the advice! Tamsin
    Hi, Thanks seems like the best option so have covered it in plastic and am waiting for it to dry out a bitHeh, and yes it seems like it always rains here, I might counting dry days actually just to see...Thanks for the advice! Tamsin
    Hi, Thanks seems like the best option so have covered it in plastic and am waiting for it to dry out a bitHeh, and yes it seems like it always rains here, I might counting dry days actually just...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Ambersparkle

Strawberries

Pics on behalf of 'Ladybird'Nathan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. max

Vegetable Gardening Books

Yes, Dr Hessayon good, + RHS "Growing Vegetables" in their small Encyclopaedia series (not "bulky" & easy to follow). + anything by Pippa Greenwood or Bob Flowerdew or the HDRA if you want to...
    Yes, Dr Hessayon good, + RHS "Growing Vegetables" in their small Encyclopaedia series (not "bulky" & easy to follow). + anything by Pippa Greenwood or Bob Flowerdew or the HDRA if you want to try organic growing (I recommend the HDRA encylcopaedia of Organic gardening - see if you can get it...
    Yes, Dr Hessayon good, + RHS "Growing Vegetables" in their small Encyclopaedia series (not "bulky" & easy to follow). + anything by Pippa Greenwood or Bob Flowerdew or the HDRA if you want to try organic growing (I recommend the HDRA...
    Yes, Dr Hessayon good, + RHS "Growing Vegetables" in their small Encyclopaedia series (not "bulky" & easy to follow). + anything by Pippa Greenwood or Bob Flowerdew or the HDRA if you want to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. steven

dd

Thought it was revin' as in "vroom, vroom" rev your Triumph engine? [ April 14, 2005, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Bayleaf ]
    Thought it was revin' as in "vroom, vroom" rev your Triumph engine? [ April 14, 2005, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Bayleaf ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. RONO

VEGETABLES IN CONTAINERS

thank you for your advice bayleaf i will have a go will be going to purchase the feed you sugested thanks again rono
    thank you for your advice bayleaf i will have a go will be going to purchase the feed you sugested thanks again rono
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. revin helen

cauliflower

I'm growing cauli for the 1st time, I've got some little florets about the size of a 10p piece. I read that if they're not grown properly you get button florrets, will my florrets grow?
    I'm growing cauli for the 1st time, I've got some little florets about the size of a 10p piece. I read that if they're not grown properly you get button florrets, will my florrets grow?
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ophelia moonglow

Jalepenos from seed

Hi Ladybird,Sorry to ask such a basic question (I am very new to gardening), how do you go about drying the seeds naturally and properly?Ophelia
    Hi Ladybird,Sorry to ask such a basic question (I am very new to gardening), how do you go about drying the seeds naturally and properly?Ophelia
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Trisha

can you help please

The ones ive grown were ok without support but im not sure if it depends on variety. Id re-pot the ones you want to keep into no less than a 2 liter pot now. If you do that you shouldnt have to...
    The ones ive grown were ok without support but im not sure if it depends on variety. Id re-pot the ones you want to keep into no less than a 2 liter pot now. If you do that you shouldnt have to re-pot again. Have you tried tomatoes? If you are going to be watering and feeding some peppers it...
    The ones ive grown were ok without support but im not sure if it depends on variety. Id re-pot the ones you want to keep into no less than a 2 liter pot now. If you do that you shouldnt have to re-pot again. Have you tried tomatoes? If you...
    The ones ive grown were ok without support but im not sure if it depends on variety. Id re-pot the ones you want to keep into no less than a 2 liter pot now. If you do that you shouldnt have to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Ambersparkle

Asparagus

Asparagus need very sandy soil and lots of brit. summer SUN ....raised.. if possibe to keep drier.. ...just keep Peacocks away , they love the tips ...like my hops ( miniature Asparagus ) I...
    Asparagus need very sandy soil and lots of brit. summer SUN ....raised.. if possibe to keep drier.. ...just keep Peacocks away , they love the tips ...like my hops ( miniature Asparagus ) I planted few years ago,and never came up next, well they did ..till one day saw Pedro taking all the new...
    Asparagus need very sandy soil and lots of brit. summer SUN ....raised.. if possibe to keep drier.. ...just keep Peacocks away , they love the tips ...like my hops ( miniature Asparagus ) I planted few years ago,and never came up next, well...
    Asparagus need very sandy soil and lots of brit. summer SUN ....raised.. if possibe to keep drier.. ...just keep Peacocks away , they love the tips ...like my hops ( miniature Asparagus ) I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Neil

Veg

Hi Neil Sounds like they weren't firmed in enough, also are they in a bright enough spot? I tend to plant up to the first set of leaves really firm them in & put a brassica collar round each one....
    Hi Neil Sounds like they weren't firmed in enough, also are they in a bright enough spot? I tend to plant up to the first set of leaves really firm them in & put a brassica collar round each one. I would try earthing up round them & firming them in hard. I'm sure someone else will have advice...
    Hi Neil Sounds like they weren't firmed in enough, also are they in a bright enough spot? I tend to plant up to the first set of leaves really firm them in & put a brassica collar round each one. I would try earthing up round them & firming them...
    Hi Neil Sounds like they weren't firmed in enough, also are they in a bright enough spot? I tend to plant up to the first set of leaves really firm them in & put a brassica collar round each one....
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. pakie0

tomato plants

I always seed Toms in small peat pots so you don't disturb their root system when potting on...just drop the pot in a bigger, next size up say 4" till out in open or 9" pot or growbag.
    I always seed Toms in small peat pots so you don't disturb their root system when potting on...just drop the pot in a bigger, next size up say 4" till out in open or 9" pot or growbag.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Feline

tomatoes

You can't beat a warm tomato eaten straight from the plant on sunny dayI like how restaurants and supermarkets tart em up a bitsun ripened? (aren't they all?) and tomatoes on the vine (been...
    You can't beat a warm tomato eaten straight from the plant on sunny dayI like how restaurants and supermarkets tart em up a bitsun ripened? (aren't they all?) and tomatoes on the vine (been snipped off with a chunk of plant attached) :D
    You can't beat a warm tomato eaten straight from the plant on sunny dayI like how restaurants and supermarkets tart em up a bitsun ripened? (aren't they all?) and tomatoes on the vine (been snipped off with a chunk of plant attached) :D
    You can't beat a warm tomato eaten straight from the plant on sunny dayI like how restaurants and supermarkets tart em up a bitsun ripened? (aren't they all?) and tomatoes on the vine (been...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. slugbug

wilting cucumber plant

Thanks for the replys I cut off the limp leaves and the rest still seems ok.I am keeeping it away from draughs.I also bought another one today just incase I loose it but I am keeping it on my...
    Thanks for the replys I cut off the limp leaves and the rest still seems ok.I am keeeping it away from draughs.I also bought another one today just incase I loose it but I am keeping it on my kitchen windowsill a little longer. If they both survive my neighbours can have lots of cucumbers too. I...
    Thanks for the replys I cut off the limp leaves and the rest still seems ok.I am keeeping it away from draughs.I also bought another one today just incase I loose it but I am keeping it on my kitchen windowsill a little longer. If they both...
    Thanks for the replys I cut off the limp leaves and the rest still seems ok.I am keeeping it away from draughs.I also bought another one today just incase I loose it but I am keeping it on my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. revnev

Strawberry towers

Excellent Lynne - I'll do that! - drown the slugs eh? :)I have now found the spike with holes in and rigged it up with a big cola bottle (which will double as a bird-scarer when the strawberries...
    Excellent Lynne - I'll do that! - drown the slugs eh? :)I have now found the spike with holes in and rigged it up with a big cola bottle (which will double as a bird-scarer when the strawberries are ripe - I hope!)It seems to do the job.I might add a photo if it helps anyone else...Phil
    Excellent Lynne - I'll do that! - drown the slugs eh? :)I have now found the spike with holes in and rigged it up with a big cola bottle (which will double as a bird-scarer when the strawberries are ripe - I hope!)It seems to do the job.I...
    Excellent Lynne - I'll do that! - drown the slugs eh? :)I have now found the spike with holes in and rigged it up with a big cola bottle (which will double as a bird-scarer when the strawberries...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Will Dunkerley

Problem with my Chilli Seedlings

Will, when I went in my greenhouse this morning my capsicum plants were also limp and bent over, they perked up later though. I wounder if its to do with very high daytime temps. followed by...
    Will, when I went in my greenhouse this morning my capsicum plants were also limp and bent over, they perked up later though. I wounder if its to do with very high daytime temps. followed by fairly low night temps.
    Will, when I went in my greenhouse this morning my capsicum plants were also limp and bent over, they perked up later though. I wounder if its to do with very high daytime temps. followed by fairly low night temps.
    Will, when I went in my greenhouse this morning my capsicum plants were also limp and bent over, they perked up later though. I wounder if its to do with very high daytime temps. followed by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. malc

spring onion

Yeah, that monkeys real cheeky, aint he.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. guy mallinson

vegetable patch under yew tree

Hi Bayleaf very many thanks, this sounds less worrying than I thought. I am growing asparagus here so when we do eventually get a crop then there is little chance of picking up seeds. The tree is...
    Hi Bayleaf very many thanks, this sounds less worrying than I thought. I am growing asparagus here so when we do eventually get a crop then there is little chance of picking up seeds. The tree is up some steps from the patch. Therefore it only cuases a shadow at the end of the day and the rest...
    Hi Bayleaf very many thanks, this sounds less worrying than I thought. I am growing asparagus here so when we do eventually get a crop then there is little chance of picking up seeds. The tree is up some steps from the patch. Therefore it only...
    Hi Bayleaf very many thanks, this sounds less worrying than I thought. I am growing asparagus here so when we do eventually get a crop then there is little chance of picking up seeds. The tree is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. skye

Gem squash

This place at top of the pageWill keep looking though.Nathan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. DavidW

Gooseberries

I don't know how well this shows up but its what I call my gooseberry tree
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. dalbuie

tomatillos

Hi dalbui, that's great. I shall go visit the site in a minute. I don't know about growing them either, so I shall have to sit back & see what happens too, but if I do turn any info up I will...
    Hi dalbui, that's great. I shall go visit the site in a minute. I don't know about growing them either, so I shall have to sit back & see what happens too, but if I do turn any info up I will post it on the board. Thanks again. :D
    Hi dalbui, that's great. I shall go visit the site in a minute. I don't know about growing them either, so I shall have to sit back & see what happens too, but if I do turn any info up I will post it on the board. Thanks again. :D
    Hi dalbui, that's great. I shall go visit the site in a minute. I don't know about growing them either, so I shall have to sit back & see what happens too, but if I do turn any info up I will...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice