1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Fat Controller

Worthwhile or not?

Me either, much. However, Sungold do it for me, so sweet. Tonight, I had some of my Rosada roasted in Olive Oil, oh boy!:)
    Me either, much. However, Sungold do it for me, so sweet. Tonight, I had some of my Rosada roasted in Olive Oil, oh boy!:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. David G

Worth Saving??

It'll pick up again when the light levels increase. You might want to repot it with some fresh compost as it will have had most of the nutrient away with those fruits.:) james swann will be along...
    It'll pick up again when the light levels increase. You might want to repot it with some fresh compost as it will have had most of the nutrient away with those fruits.:) james swann will be along in a bit to put me right:biggrin:
    It'll pick up again when the light levels increase. You might want to repot it with some fresh compost as it will have had most of the nutrient away with those fruits.:) james swann will be along in a bit to put me right:biggrin:
    It'll pick up again when the light levels increase. You might want to repot it with some fresh compost as it will have had most of the nutrient away with those fruits.:) james swann will be along...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. nikirushka

Worth planting these?

Scrungee knows best:
    Scrungee knows best:
    Scrungee knows best:
    Scrungee knows best:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. colne

Worm Farm.

Hi, JaneI have a 'red wriggler' worm, the compost kind that are bread for fishing bait by being fed a diet of horse manure (from youtube) I do not think they will leave if they are happy, the...
    Hi, JaneI have a 'red wriggler' worm, the compost kind that are bread for fishing bait by being fed a diet of horse manure (from youtube) I do not think they will leave if they are happy, the location outside is kind of hostile for a worm, and if they are not happy the farm will not work...
    Hi, JaneI have a 'red wriggler' worm, the compost kind that are bread for fishing bait by being fed a diet of horse manure (from youtube) I do not think they will leave if they are happy, the location outside is kind of hostile for a worm, and...
    Hi, JaneI have a 'red wriggler' worm, the compost kind that are bread for fishing bait by being fed a diet of horse manure (from youtube) I do not think they will leave if they are happy, the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wiseowl

Woos Toms

Ok Woo,I will send you a PM with my address.Any chance of sending me any special growing instructions that they may need Ta :cool:
    Ok Woo,I will send you a PM with my address.Any chance of sending me any special growing instructions that they may need Ta :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wiseowl
    Like x 4

Woos king Edwards

Hi WOO. I didn't know you grew a bit of veg? King Edwards are main crop, so normally harvested a bit later on. But, what the heck! You want them, you have them:blue thumb: Edit : There's something deeply...
    Hi WOO. I didn't know you grew a bit of veg? King Edwards are main crop, so normally harvested a bit later on. But, what the heck! You want them, you have them:blue thumb: Edit : There's something deeply satisfying about digging up fresh potatoes:)
    Hi WOO. I didn't know you grew a bit of veg? King Edwards are main crop, so normally harvested a bit later on. But, what the heck! You want them, you have them:blue thumb: Edit : There's something deeply satisfying about digging up fresh potatoes:)
    Hi WOO. I didn't know you grew a bit of veg? King Edwards are main crop, so normally harvested a bit later on. But, what the heck! You want them, you have them:blue thumb: Edit : There's something deeply...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. wiseowl

Woos Blackberries

Awww they look reli nice I'm growing some first time can't wait to put thm in a crumble do u only have one plant
    Awww they look reli nice I'm growing some first time can't wait to put thm in a crumble do u only have one plant
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Katherna

Wooooo Hoooooo :D

The sweetcorn cobs seem to be bigger everyday (hopefully thats a good sign). An extra cherry tom has started to change colour even though it's done nothing but rain for the last few days (maybe...
    The sweetcorn cobs seem to be bigger everyday (hopefully thats a good sign). An extra cherry tom has started to change colour even though it's done nothing but rain for the last few days (maybe they're resigned to the fact it's wet all the time and cloudy), the weeds are shooting up and it's...
    The sweetcorn cobs seem to be bigger everyday (hopefully thats a good sign). An extra cherry tom has started to change colour even though it's done nothing but rain for the last few days (maybe they're resigned to the fact it's wet all the time...
    The sweetcorn cobs seem to be bigger everyday (hopefully thats a good sign). An extra cherry tom has started to change colour even though it's done nothing but rain for the last few days (maybe...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. misterroy

wonky carrots

For sure, thats the best bunch of wonky carrots I have ever seen.:gnthb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Annemieke

witloof chicory

Last year I successfully grew witloof chicory. I sowed it in June, dug it up in November and planted the roots in buckets in a shed. Now I can eat lovely salad: witloof with (cooking) apple and...
    Last year I successfully grew witloof chicory. I sowed it in June, dug it up in November and planted the roots in buckets in a shed. Now I can eat lovely salad: witloof with (cooking) apple and olive oil - easy, seasonal, lovely!I do seem to have left some root-bits in the ground however, and...
    Last year I successfully grew witloof chicory. I sowed it in June, dug it up in November and planted the roots in buckets in a shed. Now I can eat lovely salad: witloof with (cooking) apple and olive oil - easy, seasonal, lovely!I do seem to...
    Last year I successfully grew witloof chicory. I sowed it in June, dug it up in November and planted the roots in buckets in a shed. Now I can eat lovely salad: witloof with (cooking) apple and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Axie-Ali

Winter vegetables

Yeah very :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Richard360

Winter vegetable

Chard / Leaf beet, brussels sprouts, parsnips. I think Kale is a winter crop isn't it?
    Chard / Leaf beet, brussels sprouts, parsnips. I think Kale is a winter crop isn't it?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Ellen

Winter veg growing

Thanks everyone :) I'm determined to get some good veg growing in the next year
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. dannytrose

Winter Veg

I have just bought some garlic bulbs but not planted them yet.Onion sets were also for sale. My pumpkins, courgettes and lettuces are still taking up my room at the moment so I need to wait for...
    I have just bought some garlic bulbs but not planted them yet.Onion sets were also for sale. My pumpkins, courgettes and lettuces are still taking up my room at the moment so I need to wait for some space.Spring cabbage is so tasty straight from the garden to the pan so I will be planting that.
    I have just bought some garlic bulbs but not planted them yet.Onion sets were also for sale. My pumpkins, courgettes and lettuces are still taking up my room at the moment so I need to wait for some space.Spring cabbage is so tasty straight from...
    I have just bought some garlic bulbs but not planted them yet.Onion sets were also for sale. My pumpkins, courgettes and lettuces are still taking up my room at the moment so I need to wait for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Craig1987

winter veg

I have managed to find those exact bins he uses Greecko for £8 off of ebay! but thanks for the tipGYO, i'll be sowing some turnip seeds this weekend. They can be harvested from 5 to 10 weeks...
    I have managed to find those exact bins he uses Greecko for £8 off of ebay! but thanks for the tipGYO, i'll be sowing some turnip seeds this weekend. They can be harvested from 5 to 10 weeks depending on how big you want the turnip. They're a very quick cropOrdered myself some lettuce seeds...
    I have managed to find those exact bins he uses Greecko for £8 off of ebay! but thanks for the tipGYO, i'll be sowing some turnip seeds this weekend. They can be harvested from 5 to 10 weeks depending on how big you want the turnip. They're a...
    I have managed to find those exact bins he uses Greecko for £8 off of ebay! but thanks for the tipGYO, i'll be sowing some turnip seeds this weekend. They can be harvested from 5 to 10 weeks...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. colincwb

winter veg

Sorry, but the cucumber is the devils vegetable:hol::cry::wink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Gazania

winter squash.

Hi all, I have 6 squash seedlings in my greenhouse that I grew from seed. Having never grew these before I'm not quite sure what to expect. Can I continue to grow them in the greenhouse or are...
    Hi all, I have 6 squash seedlings in my greenhouse that I grew from seed. Having never grew these before I'm not quite sure what to expect. Can I continue to grow them in the greenhouse or are they to go outside? Do some squashes climb and some grow low? Anyone grown squash?Gazania
    Hi all, I have 6 squash seedlings in my greenhouse that I grew from seed. Having never grew these before I'm not quite sure what to expect. Can I continue to grow them in the greenhouse or are they to go outside? Do some squashes climb and some...
    Hi all, I have 6 squash seedlings in my greenhouse that I grew from seed. Having never grew these before I'm not quite sure what to expect. Can I continue to grow them in the greenhouse or are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. nightofjoy

Winter Squash - Crown Prince - from seeed

Well you will never know unless you try - I know how you feel having got so far with these plants, maybe you have more space than I was imagining.
    Well you will never know unless you try - I know how you feel having got so far with these plants, maybe you have more space than I was imagining.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. BigBird

Winter Purslane help please

Sorry I couldn't have been of more help BB, maybe someone else might have some ideas. Don't listen to Clare this evening though:heehee::cheers:
    Sorry I couldn't have been of more help BB, maybe someone else might have some ideas. Don't listen to Clare this evening though:heehee::cheers:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. AndyK

Winter pots

you are a bit late to sow pansies. Look on the gardening direct website..they had a few ready plants (mature plug plants) the other day. Pansies with trailing ivy look lovely and are tough when...
    you are a bit late to sow pansies. Look on the gardening direct website..they had a few ready plants (mature plug plants) the other day. Pansies with trailing ivy look lovely and are tough when the frost comes. If you want to grow veg in pots you can't beat Tumbling Toms tomatoes or even seed...
    you are a bit late to sow pansies. Look on the gardening direct website..they had a few ready plants (mature plug plants) the other day. Pansies with trailing ivy look lovely and are tough when the frost comes. If you want to grow veg in pots you...
    you are a bit late to sow pansies. Look on the gardening direct website..they had a few ready plants (mature plug plants) the other day. Pansies with trailing ivy look lovely and are tough when...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice