Thank you ...
    Thank you ...
    Thank you ...
    Thank you ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Freddy

Sick of it!

Same here at the moment, not in the clouds but feels like it. Had to put polythene back over my onions so they can ripen, its crazy.
    Same here at the moment, not in the clouds but feels like it. Had to put polythene back over my onions so they can ripen, its crazy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Fat Controller

Leeks - Musselburgh

Thanks for that Kristen, indoors for me it is then.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Vicym

Scared for my courguettes

Put butterfly netting over your caulis to keep the cabbage whites off. Pick off the caterpillars by hand and squash them.
    Put butterfly netting over your caulis to keep the cabbage whites off. Pick off the caterpillars by hand and squash them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ARMANDII

TALLEST SUNFLOWER AND LARGEST SUNFLOWER HEAD 2018

Ooh dear ,feeling sad, just seen Gail's name. I'll say one thing only, then say no more. I miss her cheery outlook on life! I think we all sometimes need that! Life can be cruel, it can be brutal,...
    Ooh dear ,feeling sad, just seen Gail's name. I'll say one thing only, then say no more. I miss her cheery outlook on life! I think we all sometimes need that! Life can be cruel, it can be brutal, it can destroy people, to have a ray of sunshine, wherever it comes from, is precious:spinning:
    Ooh dear ,feeling sad, just seen Gail's name. I'll say one thing only, then say no more. I miss her cheery outlook on life! I think we all sometimes need that! Life can be cruel, it can be brutal, it can destroy people, to have a ray of sunshine,...
    Ooh dear ,feeling sad, just seen Gail's name. I'll say one thing only, then say no more. I miss her cheery outlook on life! I think we all sometimes need that! Life can be cruel, it can be brutal,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Fat Controller

Soft fruits

Thanks Jenny - I will leave him be tomorrow, and re-do again on Saturday morning when I have daylight on my side.
    Thanks Jenny - I will leave him be tomorrow, and re-do again on Saturday morning when I have daylight on my side.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. shiney

How Are Your Beans Going?

Just means that the thread is highlighted to you, so you are more likely to see and read that postNot sure it will make any difference if I put @rosietutu in this post as you have already...
    Just means that the thread is highlighted to you, so you are more likely to see and read that postNot sure it will make any difference if I put @rosietutu in this post as you have already replied in this post it will be in your Watch list ... but if I did that in a thread that you were not...
    Just means that the thread is highlighted to you, so you are more likely to see and read that postNot sure it will make any difference if I put @rosietutu in this post as you have already replied in this post it will be in your Watch list ......
    Just means that the thread is highlighted to you, so you are more likely to see and read that postNot sure it will make any difference if I put @rosietutu in this post as you have already...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Freddy

Squash

Good point, I've only ever used it to carry them from plot to store ... but I reckon even that might be risky if the top part is very ripe
    Good point, I've only ever used it to carry them from plot to store ... but I reckon even that might be risky if the top part is very ripe
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Spruce

Courgettes anyone planted out yet

Planting ours through the black weed supressant membrane seems to help a lot. The membrane helps get the soil warmer.
    Planting ours through the black weed supressant membrane seems to help a lot. The membrane helps get the soil warmer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Freddy

Apples and Pears

Hi, my first post since last year. I bought a apple tree last year. one of those slimline ones to go in a large container(forget the name). If calgary logs in, its just to say mines been in flower...
    Hi, my first post since last year. I bought a apple tree last year. one of those slimline ones to go in a large container(forget the name). If calgary logs in, its just to say mines been in flower a week now. although i must admit i thought id lost it. It came to life all at once :O)Nice to...
    Hi, my first post since last year. I bought a apple tree last year. one of those slimline ones to go in a large container(forget the name). If calgary logs in, its just to say mines been in flower a week now. although i must admit i thought id...
    Hi, my first post since last year. I bought a apple tree last year. one of those slimline ones to go in a large container(forget the name). If calgary logs in, its just to say mines been in flower...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Scrungee

Sudden Cucumber Death Syndrome

Just eating a ham and Piccolino sandwich.Very nice too.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Webmaster
    Like x 7

Chilli plants potted up ....

Cheers. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Phil A
    Like x 3

Giant Onions 2018

That was my plan but we've decided on a complete re-vamp of the bottom (veg & fruit) garden along with a bigger greenhouse I'll have to build. Trouble is, I'll have to undergo surgery so not sure...
    That was my plan but we've decided on a complete re-vamp of the bottom (veg & fruit) garden along with a bigger greenhouse I'll have to build. Trouble is, I'll have to undergo surgery so not sure how long I'll be out of action or when!
    That was my plan but we've decided on a complete re-vamp of the bottom (veg & fruit) garden along with a bigger greenhouse I'll have to build. Trouble is, I'll have to undergo surgery so not sure how long I'll be out of action or when!
    That was my plan but we've decided on a complete re-vamp of the bottom (veg & fruit) garden along with a bigger greenhouse I'll have to build. Trouble is, I'll have to undergo surgery so not sure...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Vince

Onion setback

Ah ... NOW it all makes sense :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Snowbaby

potato growing

Starting the small purple potatoes in pots a couple months ago. I did not sprout them first, just a bag of them from the market - they are not seed potatoes. I then fill the pot as they grow...
    Starting the small purple potatoes in pots a couple months ago. I did not sprout them first, just a bag of them from the market - they are not seed potatoes. I then fill the pot as they grow and now they are above the pot rim.The soil is 3 parts composted oak leaves (I compost 3000 lbs a...
    Starting the small purple potatoes in pots a couple months ago. I did not sprout them first, just a bag of them from the market - they are not seed potatoes. I then fill the pot as they grow and now they are above the pot rim.The soil is 3...
    Starting the small purple potatoes in pots a couple months ago. I did not sprout them first, just a bag of them from the market - they are not seed potatoes. I then fill the pot as they grow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Scrungee

Growing Big Onions from seed

My soil should be alkaline being on the boundary of the chalky chilterns and London clay belt, but I'm not too sure, seems fairly neutral to me, hey ho, things grow, so who am I to change it?
    My soil should be alkaline being on the boundary of the chalky chilterns and London clay belt, but I'm not too sure, seems fairly neutral to me, hey ho, things grow, so who am I to change it?
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Fat Controller

Rhubarb

Of course. One by a sorely missed artist, one of the greats.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Kandy
    Like x 10

First Harvest Of The Year

If they do I speckle I'd let you know :snork:And if I get borlotti of them I'll send them to you. :snorky:
    If they do I speckle I'd let you know :snork:And if I get borlotti of them I'll send them to you. :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Vince

Biggest Onion Competition!

Im not surpised you won all those awards, your onions look very a-peeling, did you cry when you won?!
    Im not surpised you won all those awards, your onions look very a-peeling, did you cry when you won?!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Jenny namaste

HARVEST BBC 2

Jenny and I are already vice -presidents of Shineys grumpy club..
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice