1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. cosmos1

Wilting toms

Hi cos. I think we all had problems with toms last year:mad: I think it was just a rubbish year for them. Maybe just carry on as usual with crossed fingers as regards the weather:)
    Hi cos. I think we all had problems with toms last year:mad: I think it was just a rubbish year for them. Maybe just carry on as usual with crossed fingers as regards the weather:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. sterile

Wilting tomato seedlings

My guess is too cold or too warm. Its still very early, so without special conditions, heating and lighting, things will struggle.
    My guess is too cold or too warm. Its still very early, so without special conditions, heating and lighting, things will struggle.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. FrancescaH

Wilting raspberry canes

I'd try a one off sequested iron feed first, it should green up the foliage. Then for the rest of the season just a balanced feed should be ok.
    I'd try a one off sequested iron feed first, it should green up the foliage. Then for the rest of the season just a balanced feed should be ok.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. slugbug

wilting cucumber plant

Thanks for the replys I cut off the limp leaves and the rest still seems ok.I am keeeping it away from draughs.I also bought another one today just incase I loose it but I am keeping it on my...
    Thanks for the replys I cut off the limp leaves and the rest still seems ok.I am keeeping it away from draughs.I also bought another one today just incase I loose it but I am keeping it on my kitchen windowsill a little longer. If they both survive my neighbours can have lots of cucumbers too. I...
    Thanks for the replys I cut off the limp leaves and the rest still seems ok.I am keeeping it away from draughs.I also bought another one today just incase I loose it but I am keeping it on my kitchen windowsill a little longer. If they both...
    Thanks for the replys I cut off the limp leaves and the rest still seems ok.I am keeeping it away from draughs.I also bought another one today just incase I loose it but I am keeping it on my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. rustyroots

Wilting cabbage

At 4" tall they don't need or like the temps they're being exposed to. And, if they are now so big it's about time to plant them though given the temps this week they would benefit from some...
    At 4" tall they don't need or like the temps they're being exposed to. And, if they are now so big it's about time to plant them though given the temps this week they would benefit from some cover. Best bet might be to take out of the the grow house and park in a sheltered corner outside for a...
    At 4" tall they don't need or like the temps they're being exposed to. And, if they are now so big it's about time to plant them though given the temps this week they would benefit from some cover. Best bet might be to take out of the the grow...
    At 4" tall they don't need or like the temps they're being exposed to. And, if they are now so big it's about time to plant them though given the temps this week they would benefit from some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. newpotato

wilting broccoli

thanks for your replies guys, i'm very new to this gardening stuff and just trying to fumble my way through and it looks like i've got a lot to learn about soil ph and pests, so thanks again for...
    thanks for your replies guys, i'm very new to this gardening stuff and just trying to fumble my way through and it looks like i've got a lot to learn about soil ph and pests, so thanks again for your advice but on the upside my broccoli seems to have made a miraculos recovery and i haven't...
    thanks for your replies guys, i'm very new to this gardening stuff and just trying to fumble my way through and it looks like i've got a lot to learn about soil ph and pests, so thanks again for your advice but on the upside my broccoli seems to...
    thanks for your replies guys, i'm very new to this gardening stuff and just trying to fumble my way through and it looks like i've got a lot to learn about soil ph and pests, so thanks again for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Adam Moran

Will tom's go red if they have been picked green?

My Tom's are all green as well. Are we ever going to see the sun again? I can't imagine a brown paper bag will do any harm - should keep that from sweating and rotting in any instance. Any body -...
    My Tom's are all green as well. Are we ever going to see the sun again? I can't imagine a brown paper bag will do any harm - should keep that from sweating and rotting in any instance. Any body - please correct me if I am wrong.
    My Tom's are all green as well. Are we ever going to see the sun again? I can't imagine a brown paper bag will do any harm - should keep that from sweating and rotting in any instance. Any body - please correct me if I am wrong.
    My Tom's are all green as well. Are we ever going to see the sun again? I can't imagine a brown paper bag will do any harm - should keep that from sweating and rotting in any instance. Any body -...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Vince

Will they prick out?

"seperating them when they are small is tricky sometimes"I've got wicket keepers hands, so if I can do it I'm sure you can!I have a trust pencil, called "Dibber" of course :), reserved for...
    "seperating them when they are small is tricky sometimes"I've got wicket keepers hands, so if I can do it I'm sure you can!I have a trust pencil, called "Dibber" of course :), reserved for pricking out. Does double duty of writing on labels too ...Blunt end into the seed tray, work under the...
    "seperating them when they are small is tricky sometimes"I've got wicket keepers hands, so if I can do it I'm sure you can!I have a trust pencil, called "Dibber" of course :), reserved for pricking out. Does double duty of writing on labels too...
    "seperating them when they are small is tricky sometimes"I've got wicket keepers hands, so if I can do it I'm sure you can!I have a trust pencil, called "Dibber" of course :), reserved for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Vince

Will They Ever Chit?

Disgusting. Anyone on GC will tell you I drink very little. I spill most of it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Bilbo675

Will Supermarket Nuts Germinate

Hi Sal, in the case of the Sweet Chestnuts, they'll be going straight in pots and popped in the cold frame. I've googled the others and there seems to be two lines of thought for the Pecans,...
    Hi Sal, in the case of the Sweet Chestnuts, they'll be going straight in pots and popped in the cold frame. I've googled the others and there seems to be two lines of thought for the Pecans, either do what I will do with the Chestnuts above or put them through a period of 'dry' stratisfication...
    Hi Sal, in the case of the Sweet Chestnuts, they'll be going straight in pots and popped in the cold frame. I've googled the others and there seems to be two lines of thought for the Pecans, either do what I will do with the Chestnuts above or...
    Hi Sal, in the case of the Sweet Chestnuts, they'll be going straight in pots and popped in the cold frame. I've googled the others and there seems to be two lines of thought for the Pecans,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sienna's Blossom

Will my tomatoes ripen?

Just wish to let fellow "newbies" know, I found...... any green tom you grow will ripen, even down to 1in (25mm) diameter toms (in fact my small toms are exceedingly sweet!) A few ripened on...
    Just wish to let fellow "newbies" know, I found...... any green tom you grow will ripen, even down to 1in (25mm) diameter toms (in fact my small toms are exceedingly sweet!) A few ripened on the bush, the rest ripened on a sunny window-ledge or under the settee in the living-room in the...
    Just wish to let fellow "newbies" know, I found...... any green tom you grow will ripen, even down to 1in (25mm) diameter toms (in fact my small toms are exceedingly sweet!) A few ripened on the bush, the rest ripened on a sunny window-ledge...
    Just wish to let fellow "newbies" know, I found...... any green tom you grow will ripen, even down to 1in (25mm) diameter toms (in fact my small toms are exceedingly sweet!) A few ripened on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. eddybaby

Will my onions ever be ready?

@pete mine were planted late last Autumn in the tunnel.. :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Jimb0b

Will it grow??

Nice one JimbOb :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Cherub

Will it be safe to eat?

basically all you need to do is take a ph test and find out what your soil is like and call the councill, i should think they will help, Aaron.
    basically all you need to do is take a ph test and find out what your soil is like and call the councill, i should think they will help, Aaron.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Snowbaby

Will I get veggies this year?

I managed to grow Aubergines fully outside from seed in a growbag when I was a kid, they were white small ones not the large dark purple ones. It was in Sussex though so a bit sunnier than...
    I managed to grow Aubergines fully outside from seed in a growbag when I was a kid, they were white small ones not the large dark purple ones. It was in Sussex though so a bit sunnier than Scotland, but maybe they're a bit more hardy than the dark ones, I think I got about 2 per plant.
    I managed to grow Aubergines fully outside from seed in a growbag when I was a kid, they were white small ones not the large dark purple ones. It was in Sussex though so a bit sunnier than Scotland, but maybe they're a bit more hardy than the...
    I managed to grow Aubergines fully outside from seed in a growbag when I was a kid, they were white small ones not the large dark purple ones. It was in Sussex though so a bit sunnier than...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Eden1

Will I get a Carrot Harvest this year.

Thanks. Ah well you live and learn!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. bexy13

Will Beetroot Grow In Pots Or Growbags?

Great advice as usual Kristen. I always manage to sow far too many lettuce seed in 1 go as the seed is as light as a feather, breath too hard over your packet of seed and it's whoooooshed off...
    Great advice as usual Kristen. I always manage to sow far too many lettuce seed in 1 go as the seed is as light as a feather, breath too hard over your packet of seed and it's whoooooshed off everywhere. I currently have about 30 lettuce growing all of the same age (that's after they have been...
    Great advice as usual Kristen. I always manage to sow far too many lettuce seed in 1 go as the seed is as light as a feather, breath too hard over your packet of seed and it's whoooooshed off everywhere. I currently have about 30 lettuce growing...
    Great advice as usual Kristen. I always manage to sow far too many lettuce seed in 1 go as the seed is as light as a feather, breath too hard over your packet of seed and it's whoooooshed off...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Scrungee

Wilkos 15Kg sacks of potatoes (online)

I've just noticed that Wilkos are selling online 15Kg sacks of seed spuds for £15 (£1.07/Kg). Free delivery to store for collection (haven't seen them instore). http://www.wilko.com/garden-seeds...
    I've just noticed that Wilkos are selling online 15Kg sacks of seed spuds for £15 (£1.07/Kg). Free delivery to store for collection (haven't seen them instore). http://www.wilko.com/garden-seeds bulbs/onion...
    I've just noticed that Wilkos are selling online 15Kg sacks of seed spuds for £15 (£1.07/Kg). Free delivery to store for collection (haven't seen them instore). http://www.wilko.com/garden-seeds bulbs/onion...
    I've just noticed that Wilkos are selling online 15Kg sacks of seed spuds for £15 (£1.07/Kg). Free delivery to store for collection (haven't seen them instore). http://www.wilko.com/garden-seeds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Scrungee

Wilko grow tubes

Have used the Vitax branded ones, expect they will all come from the same maker ?They can last for 3 months or so, though do need careful handling as they can get quiet soft the older they...
    Have used the Vitax branded ones, expect they will all come from the same maker ?They can last for 3 months or so, though do need careful handling as they can get quiet soft the older they become and the wetter you keep them.Placing them in one of these 24 cell trays helps keep them upright...
    Have used the Vitax branded ones, expect they will all come from the same maker ?They can last for 3 months or so, though do need careful handling as they can get quiet soft the older they become and the wetter you keep them.Placing them in...
    Have used the Vitax branded ones, expect they will all come from the same maker ?They can last for 3 months or so, though do need careful handling as they can get quiet soft the older they...
    000442.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sarraceniac

Wilko Fruit trees

Wow wilkos twice in one day John, I new you would come round to our way of thinking,they do get some good stuff in if you get there when it first comes in,very reasonably priced.
    Wow wilkos twice in one day John, I new you would come round to our way of thinking,they do get some good stuff in if you get there when it first comes in,very reasonably priced.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice