Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. BOB WHITTON

WALLNUTS

Hi, I know it is a bit late but found this link, may be good for next year. http://recipes.epicurean.com/recipedetail.jsp?recipe_no=13650 [ 28. August 2005, 06:17 PM: Message edited...
    Hi, I know it is a bit late but found this link, may be good for next year. http://recipes.epicurean.com/recipedetail.jsp?recipe_no=13650 [ 28. August 2005, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Marley Farley ]
    Hi, I know it is a bit late but found this link, may be good for next year. http://recipes.epicurean.com/recipedetail.jsp?recipe_no=13650 [ 28. August 2005, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Marley Farley ]
    Hi, I know it is a bit late but found this link, may be good for next year. http://recipes.epicurean.com/recipedetail.jsp?recipe_no=13650 [ 28. August 2005, 06:17 PM: Message edited...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. G.Lavender

Crab Apples

I bought and planted a John Downey Crab last November and the reason I chose that variety was it was recommended for culinary purposes...ie delicious jelly with the apples I hope to have in the...
    I bought and planted a John Downey Crab last November and the reason I chose that variety was it was recommended for culinary purposes...ie delicious jelly with the apples I hope to have in the next few years... if I live long enough being well past my sell by date. :D
    I bought and planted a John Downey Crab last November and the reason I chose that variety was it was recommended for culinary purposes...ie delicious jelly with the apples I hope to have in the next few years... if I live long enough being well...
    I bought and planted a John Downey Crab last November and the reason I chose that variety was it was recommended for culinary purposes...ie delicious jelly with the apples I hope to have in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. inducker

potatoes

Im a bit of a tatty fiend and i prefer the drier types rather than the waxy ones so getting the boiling just right is a bit of a skill. The main thing i thing is to keep an eye on the pot and...
    Im a bit of a tatty fiend and i prefer the drier types rather than the waxy ones so getting the boiling just right is a bit of a skill. The main thing i thing is to keep an eye on the pot and turn down the heat to a slow simmer once it starts to boil. Take them off the heat and drain...
    Im a bit of a tatty fiend and i prefer the drier types rather than the waxy ones so getting the boiling just right is a bit of a skill. The main thing i thing is to keep an eye on the pot and turn down the heat to a slow simmer once it starts to...
    Im a bit of a tatty fiend and i prefer the drier types rather than the waxy ones so getting the boiling just right is a bit of a skill. The main thing i thing is to keep an eye on the pot and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. chrispull

CRAB APPLES

I dont know why they do this late flowering sometimes but I've got a theory it might have something to do with drought, followed by a wet spell later on. The tree goes more or less dormant in the...
    I dont know why they do this late flowering sometimes but I've got a theory it might have something to do with drought, followed by a wet spell later on. The tree goes more or less dormant in the dry, and then starts to grow again in the wet.
    I dont know why they do this late flowering sometimes but I've got a theory it might have something to do with drought, followed by a wet spell later on. The tree goes more or less dormant in the dry, and then starts to grow again in the wet.
    I dont know why they do this late flowering sometimes but I've got a theory it might have something to do with drought, followed by a wet spell later on. The tree goes more or less dormant in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. fiwi

Chilli plant

Thanks dalbuie, I'll have to be patient then... :rolleyes: fiwi
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Deserter

Aubergines!

Well, I am still not seeing anything from mine this year ...... Just lots of healthy foliage and flowers :( .Didn't sow them late either.Nathan.
    Well, I am still not seeing anything from mine this year ...... Just lots of healthy foliage and flowers :( .Didn't sow them late either.Nathan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ston

massive pear tree very little fruit

Hi Ston, I have a couple of pear's and I had a prob with powdery mildew. good blossom, wilts falls off, just a few pears mature. apples also affeced. Now under control.
    Hi Ston, I have a couple of pear's and I had a prob with powdery mildew. good blossom, wilts falls off, just a few pears mature. apples also affeced. Now under control.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. dannytrose

Winter Veg

I have just bought some garlic bulbs but not planted them yet.Onion sets were also for sale. My pumpkins, courgettes and lettuces are still taking up my room at the moment so I need to wait for...
    I have just bought some garlic bulbs but not planted them yet.Onion sets were also for sale. My pumpkins, courgettes and lettuces are still taking up my room at the moment so I need to wait for some space.Spring cabbage is so tasty straight from the garden to the pan so I will be planting that.
    I have just bought some garlic bulbs but not planted them yet.Onion sets were also for sale. My pumpkins, courgettes and lettuces are still taking up my room at the moment so I need to wait for some space.Spring cabbage is so tasty straight from...
    I have just bought some garlic bulbs but not planted them yet.Onion sets were also for sale. My pumpkins, courgettes and lettuces are still taking up my room at the moment so I need to wait for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. rosietutu

Blackcurrants

Thank you for the info ,think I will tidy em up, I did however get enough fruit to make three pots of Jam...Warm Scones, cream, and home made Blackcurrant jam Ooooh yummy
    Thank you for the info ,think I will tidy em up, I did however get enough fruit to make three pots of Jam...Warm Scones, cream, and home made Blackcurrant jam Ooooh yummy
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. David G

Garlic planting seeds

Just split one of the garlic bulbs down into individual cloves and sow now
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. cagney

huckleberries

I wonder if they are anything like 'whimberries' when I was little whimberry picking was a summer thing, ladies would walk miles to gather them and make pies sometimes with some apple added. I...
    I wonder if they are anything like 'whimberries' when I was little whimberry picking was a summer thing, ladies would walk miles to gather them and make pies sometimes with some apple added. I could just eat a piece.
    I wonder if they are anything like 'whimberries' when I was little whimberry picking was a summer thing, ladies would walk miles to gather them and make pies sometimes with some apple added. I could just eat a piece.
    I wonder if they are anything like 'whimberries' when I was little whimberry picking was a summer thing, ladies would walk miles to gather them and make pies sometimes with some apple added. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Clem

Passion flower/fruit

http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001015 Have a look here Clem.
    http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001015 Have a look here Clem.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. David G

Chillies

Hi SteveThanks for both replies.Dave
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. em

PURPLE SPROUTING BROCCOLI???

I eat anything off a purple sprouting broccoli! (except the blackfly!) Yum, yum, yum!
    I eat anything off a purple sprouting broccoli! (except the blackfly!) Yum, yum, yum!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. cagney

pumpkins

Come on, jjordie - you should have the answer to this!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Marley Farley

Fruits & seeds.

Oh absolutely agree Fran. Was amazed by them & the living area up there too!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. bubbly

asparagus in pots

No, I brought them from my previous garden, dug up some small ones. They were seedlings of the originals bought as 3-year crowns from a local grower near Cambridge. Buying 3-yr crowns is a good...
    No, I brought them from my previous garden, dug up some small ones. They were seedlings of the originals bought as 3-year crowns from a local grower near Cambridge. Buying 3-yr crowns is a good way of starting, growing from seed will take that long to get going. Most garden centres sell them...
    No, I brought them from my previous garden, dug up some small ones. They were seedlings of the originals bought as 3-year crowns from a local grower near Cambridge. Buying 3-yr crowns is a good way of starting, growing from seed will take that...
    No, I brought them from my previous garden, dug up some small ones. They were seedlings of the originals bought as 3-year crowns from a local grower near Cambridge. Buying 3-yr crowns is a good...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. podex

yellow cucumber

Lets see the pic podex, sounds interesting. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Capercaillie

Potato Problems

You learn something new every day!!! Now it appears I have had 'sprang' in my spuds almost every year! And every year I've tried different pots. (Don't give up, Foxy!)
    You learn something new every day!!! Now it appears I have had 'sprang' in my spuds almost every year! And every year I've tried different pots. (Don't give up, Foxy!)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. EllieMiller1

Red Gooseberries...

Yummy....reminds me of survival training in the Brecon Beacons,especially the RED warm ones :D
    Yummy....reminds me of survival training in the Brecon Beacons,especially the RED warm ones :D
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice