1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Paul Blackburn

Sowing Runner beans and Potatoes

I've only just put some in pots yesturday, but with be doing more in 2 weeks time, then another 2 weeks and so on, Half my spuds was planted last week in the nice sunshine and i will plant more...
    I've only just put some in pots yesturday, but with be doing more in 2 weeks time, then another 2 weeks and so on, Half my spuds was planted last week in the nice sunshine and i will plant more when it warms up again
    I've only just put some in pots yesturday, but with be doing more in 2 weeks time, then another 2 weeks and so on, Half my spuds was planted last week in the nice sunshine and i will plant more when it warms up again
    I've only just put some in pots yesturday, but with be doing more in 2 weeks time, then another 2 weeks and so on, Half my spuds was planted last week in the nice sunshine and i will plant more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Selleri

Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis)

We have the plant in the garden and it has become a shrub over knee high and spreads easily. If you get too many just dig them out, pot them up and sell them :thumbsup: We do. :heehee:
    We have the plant in the garden and it has become a shrub over knee high and spreads easily. If you get too many just dig them out, pot them up and sell them :thumbsup: We do. :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. BillyBumbleBeard

Making better use of ~4m of fence AKA Vertical Garden/Hydroponics?

Hi All,In our back garden there's a south facing section approx. 4 fence panels long, I want to use it for a "Vertical gardening" project so was thinking:1) Use green metal "box profile"...
    Hi All,In our back garden there's a south facing section approx. 4 fence panels long, I want to use it for a "Vertical gardening" project so was thinking:1) Use green metal "box profile" roofing sheets to clad the whole lot to start (screw to existing concrete fence panels. Can get these in...
    Hi All,In our back garden there's a south facing section approx. 4 fence panels long, I want to use it for a "Vertical gardening" project so was thinking:1) Use green metal "box profile" roofing sheets to clad the whole lot to start (screw to...
    Hi All,In our back garden there's a south facing section approx. 4 fence panels long, I want to use it for a "Vertical gardening" project so was thinking:1) Use green metal "box profile"...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Paul Blackburn

Growing Brassicas

I do three sowings of brassicas, the main one is mid March for summer harvest brassicas (cabbage and calabrese/broccoli). Then May/June for the autumn/winter harvest stuff like sprouts, purple...
    I do three sowings of brassicas, the main one is mid March for summer harvest brassicas (cabbage and calabrese/broccoli). Then May/June for the autumn/winter harvest stuff like sprouts, purple sprouting and caulis and winter cabbages and more broccoli. Then July for spring greens and kale. Just...
    I do three sowings of brassicas, the main one is mid March for summer harvest brassicas (cabbage and calabrese/broccoli). Then May/June for the autumn/winter harvest stuff like sprouts, purple sprouting and caulis and winter cabbages and more...
    I do three sowings of brassicas, the main one is mid March for summer harvest brassicas (cabbage and calabrese/broccoli). Then May/June for the autumn/winter harvest stuff like sprouts, purple...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Bear1

Apple tree canker

From the Gardener's World site: " Use secateurs to cut out all infected growth. Infected branches show dark staining of the creamy coloured wood inside, so prune back to healthy wood that shows...
    From the Gardener's World site: " Use secateurs to cut out all infected growth. Infected branches show dark staining of the creamy coloured wood inside, so prune back to healthy wood that shows no sign of staining. Carefully slice away cankers on large branches and trunks using a sharp knife....
    From the Gardener's World site: " Use secateurs to cut out all infected growth. Infected branches show dark staining of the creamy coloured wood inside, so prune back to healthy wood that shows no sign of staining. Carefully slice away cankers...
    From the Gardener's World site: " Use secateurs to cut out all infected growth. Infected branches show dark staining of the creamy coloured wood inside, so prune back to healthy wood that shows...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ricky101

Friut Tree Offer

Both my lemon trees were from Aldi and produce nice lemons, both very different. A thin skinned deep golden coloured one and a thick skinned larger light lemon coloured one. I'm pretty sure the...
    Both my lemon trees were from Aldi and produce nice lemons, both very different. A thin skinned deep golden coloured one and a thick skinned larger light lemon coloured one. I'm pretty sure the tags didn't have the names of them beyond "lemon", although I've long lost them.
    Both my lemon trees were from Aldi and produce nice lemons, both very different. A thin skinned deep golden coloured one and a thick skinned larger light lemon coloured one. I'm pretty sure the tags didn't have the names of them beyond "lemon",...
    Both my lemon trees were from Aldi and produce nice lemons, both very different. A thin skinned deep golden coloured one and a thick skinned larger light lemon coloured one. I'm pretty sure the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. JWK

Vegetable growing 2023

Link to new threadVegetable Growing 2024
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. JWK

Onion Growing 2023

Thank you ...
    Thank you ...
    Thank you ...
    Thank you ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JWK

Potato Growing 2023

Link to new threadPotato Growing 2024
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. JWK

Tomato Growing Thread 2023

Link to new threadTomato Growing 2024
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. JWK

Chillies 2023

Link to new threadChillies 2024
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. polypody

Slug resistant potatoes

From memory, the only time my spuds were bothered by slugs was when I grew maincrop. Probably 3 or 4 varieties, all were affected.
    From memory, the only time my spuds were bothered by slugs was when I grew maincrop. Probably 3 or 4 varieties, all were affected.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Logan

How to Grow a Persimmon Tree

I think I grew strawberry guava a long time ago in pots, I seem to remember the fruit being a bit mealy. Looks like we are in for some real cold weather in the near future, not good.Diospyros...
    I think I grew strawberry guava a long time ago in pots, I seem to remember the fruit being a bit mealy. Looks like we are in for some real cold weather in the near future, not good.Diospyros interesting fact, its the ebony family.
    I think I grew strawberry guava a long time ago in pots, I seem to remember the fruit being a bit mealy. Looks like we are in for some real cold weather in the near future, not good.Diospyros interesting fact, its the ebony family.
    I think I grew strawberry guava a long time ago in pots, I seem to remember the fruit being a bit mealy. Looks like we are in for some real cold weather in the near future, not good.Diospyros...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Bear1

Curse those slugs

You describe it as 3m square. In that sized plot you can police it intensively. Suggest you clear all hiding places within ,say 5m, on all sides. Remove grass if its a path. Replace with...
    You describe it as 3m square. In that sized plot you can police it intensively. Suggest you clear all hiding places within ,say 5m, on all sides. Remove grass if its a path. Replace with woodchip/bark. Consider putting 'slug pubs' outside the plot.Grow plants and plant out when they are 75-100mm...
    You describe it as 3m square. In that sized plot you can police it intensively. Suggest you clear all hiding places within ,say 5m, on all sides. Remove grass if its a path. Replace with woodchip/bark. Consider putting 'slug pubs' outside the...
    You describe it as 3m square. In that sized plot you can police it intensively. Suggest you clear all hiding places within ,say 5m, on all sides. Remove grass if its a path. Replace with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Selleri

Edible gardening with a twist- share your experiments

I hope I'm not the only one who likes to do some rather unorthodox experiments with plants- please share your adventures :heehee:French beans sown in September are finally giving crops. Not perhaps...
    I hope I'm not the only one who likes to do some rather unorthodox experiments with plants- please share your adventures :heehee:French beans sown in September are finally giving crops. Not perhaps enough to feed the family but at least the aphids are happy. And to be honest, for half a 10p bag of...
    I hope I'm not the only one who likes to do some rather unorthodox experiments with plants- please share your adventures :heehee:French beans sown in September are finally giving crops. Not perhaps enough to feed the family but at least the aphids are...
    I hope I'm not the only one who likes to do some rather unorthodox experiments with plants- please share your adventures :heehee:French beans sown in September are finally giving crops. Not perhaps...
    nepa.jpg beans1.jpg beans2.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Bear1

New apple tree pruning

Thanks for all the advice guys , have a new pair of loppers so will get to work on it when the rain stops blowing sideways lol its a bit of an exposed site but I am determined to get fruit trees...
    Thanks for all the advice guys , have a new pair of loppers so will get to work on it when the rain stops blowing sideways lol its a bit of an exposed site but I am determined to get fruit trees in first to bring some structure before planting anything else more delicate , glad I asked my...
    Thanks for all the advice guys , have a new pair of loppers so will get to work on it when the rain stops blowing sideways lol its a bit of an exposed site but I am determined to get fruit trees in first to bring some structure before planting...
    Thanks for all the advice guys , have a new pair of loppers so will get to work on it when the rain stops blowing sideways lol its a bit of an exposed site but I am determined to get fruit trees...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. hi2u_uk

Blackcurrant Ben Connan growing

What kind of soil do you have? It is always worthwhile providing details of (approx) location and soil type. While 18" may be ideal, they will make the best of what there is. Plenty of organic...
    What kind of soil do you have? It is always worthwhile providing details of (approx) location and soil type. While 18" may be ideal, they will make the best of what there is. Plenty of organic matter/bonemeal will help. Mine do alright without that depth of viable soil, having marine clay /silt...
    What kind of soil do you have? It is always worthwhile providing details of (approx) location and soil type. While 18" may be ideal, they will make the best of what there is. Plenty of organic matter/bonemeal will help. Mine do alright without...
    What kind of soil do you have? It is always worthwhile providing details of (approx) location and soil type. While 18" may be ideal, they will make the best of what there is. Plenty of organic...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. barryman

ID a type of pear, please

Clue to diseased pear tree ???? Below are photos of the diseased leaves mentioned above. Any clue as to what it is ???
    Clue to diseased pear tree ???? Below are photos of the diseased leaves mentioned above. Any clue as to what it is ???
    BM-20221015_110615.jpg BM-20221015_110740.jpg BM-20221015_110945.jpg BM-20221016_120721.jpg BM-20221016_120806.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Bear

Apple scab

I have fiesta apple tree 3 yeats planted gave me one apple this year but has brow spot /patches on leaves which looks to be apple scab ,what is the most effective synthetic our natural spray to...
    I have fiesta apple tree 3 yeats planted gave me one apple this year but has brow spot /patches on leaves which looks to be apple scab ,what is the most effective synthetic our natural spray to stop it coming back /kill it ? Also thinking of buying a ballyvaughan seedling apple tree is a irish...
    I have fiesta apple tree 3 yeats planted gave me one apple this year but has brow spot /patches on leaves which looks to be apple scab ,what is the most effective synthetic our natural spray to stop it coming back /kill it ? Also thinking of...
    I have fiesta apple tree 3 yeats planted gave me one apple this year but has brow spot /patches on leaves which looks to be apple scab ,what is the most effective synthetic our natural spray to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Brian L

Can I take Raspberry cuttings ?

Feed, water and mulch now. You should have new canes/suckers to divide next spring.
    Feed, water and mulch now. You should have new canes/suckers to divide next spring.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice