1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. barrym

Rhubarb stems - poisonous in August?

Crikey - thats a lot of info!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. bexy13

I Need Some Help!!

I will do btw i planted johns toms and i have 9 of them so might not get to use them this year x :D
    I will do btw i planted johns toms and i have 9 of them so might not get to use them this year x :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Steve R
    Like x 4

Read if you grow Potatoes or Tomatoes - BLIGHT 2012

Does that come in a different shaped bottle?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Kristen

Which Potato Variety do you Like?

Just read this, the amazing thing is I have not lost any stored potatoes at all.I had about the usual number of actual potatoes from each plant, but there were a lot of small and medium...
    Just read this, the amazing thing is I have not lost any stored potatoes at all.I had about the usual number of actual potatoes from each plant, but there were a lot of small and medium ones,and very few large ones!I have put this down to not having used any growmore, as I had none when...
    Just read this, the amazing thing is I have not lost any stored potatoes at all.I had about the usual number of actual potatoes from each plant, but there were a lot of small and medium ones,and very few large ones!I have put this down to...
    Just read this, the amazing thing is I have not lost any stored potatoes at all.I had about the usual number of actual potatoes from each plant, but there were a lot of small and medium...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Herb

Seeding potatos

Oh ok but it wont kill the plant?
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. misterQ

Post pictures of your radishes here...

Hi @misterQ thank you. It was very exciting to harvest them today. (My first since having a allotment) I'm not 100% sure which they are as I have planted Cherrybelle and Sparkler. Both are ready...
    Hi @misterQ thank you. It was very exciting to harvest them today. (My first since having a allotment) I'm not 100% sure which they are as I have planted Cherrybelle and Sparkler. Both are ready for harvesting but I forgot to check my labels before taking these out. Too excited :heehee:
    Hi @misterQ thank you. It was very exciting to harvest them today. (My first since having a allotment) I'm not 100% sure which they are as I have planted Cherrybelle and Sparkler. Both are ready for harvesting but I forgot to check my labels...
    Hi @misterQ thank you. It was very exciting to harvest them today. (My first since having a allotment) I'm not 100% sure which they are as I have planted Cherrybelle and Sparkler. Both are ready...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Kristen

Rate Your Tomato Varieties

:dbgrtmb: It's a super, duper deal Scrungee. I'm saving a really really ripe Grade A one. Then I'm gonna prepare it properly with the 3 day soak etc. Will PM you when it's all sorted, thanks Jenny
    :dbgrtmb: It's a super, duper deal Scrungee. I'm saving a really really ripe Grade A one. Then I'm gonna prepare it properly with the 3 day soak etc. Will PM you when it's all sorted, thanks Jenny
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. JWK

Rats nibbling my veg :(

@martin-f we have pretty strict laws about shooters. You should have seen the look on the border guard's face when I declared mine when coming back from the states after one of my visits. I...
    @martin-f we have pretty strict laws about shooters. You should have seen the look on the border guard's face when I declared mine when coming back from the states after one of my visits. I wanted a Red Rider but I didn't want the brown/black one, I wanted a pink one so I had to order it and...
    @martin-f we have pretty strict laws about shooters. You should have seen the look on the border guard's face when I declared mine when coming back from the states after one of my visits. I wanted a Red Rider but I didn't want the brown/black...
    @martin-f we have pretty strict laws about shooters. You should have seen the look on the border guard's face when I declared mine when coming back from the states after one of my visits. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Tracy_x

Hi can we have a daily seed sowing thread

Nicely done @Zigs :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. shiney
    Like x 13

I've Bean Meaning To Start This Year's Thread

Hurrah Shiney found the link by accident, story of my life:rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Phil A

Preparing Onions for Storage

And Freddy should know, he`s 6`12":love30::love30::dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. biker

Tomato Crop

I have had the earliest "Beef" tomatoes ever, this year! Started harvesting in mid June (not sure of the date) but they have been a poor crop and poor taste almost from day one, compared to other...
    I have had the earliest "Beef" tomatoes ever, this year! Started harvesting in mid June (not sure of the date) but they have been a poor crop and poor taste almost from day one, compared to other years. Mine are grown in a greenhouse in my rear garden.Was chatting to two fellow plot...
    I have had the earliest "Beef" tomatoes ever, this year! Started harvesting in mid June (not sure of the date) but they have been a poor crop and poor taste almost from day one, compared to other years. Mine are grown in a greenhouse in my rear...
    I have had the earliest "Beef" tomatoes ever, this year! Started harvesting in mid June (not sure of the date) but they have been a poor crop and poor taste almost from day one, compared to other...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Vince

Vegetable Growing Challenge 2012

Well I'm sticking with "Big Boy", "Delicious" and ROGUE "gardeners delight" !!!!Seriously, banning the girls from the greenhouse this year after the havoc they inflicted last year swapping...
    Well I'm sticking with "Big Boy", "Delicious" and ROGUE "gardeners delight" !!!!Seriously, banning the girls from the greenhouse this year after the havoc they inflicted last year swapping plant labels :(
    Well I'm sticking with "Big Boy", "Delicious" and ROGUE "gardeners delight" !!!!Seriously, banning the girls from the greenhouse this year after the havoc they inflicted last year swapping plant labels :(
    Well I'm sticking with "Big Boy", "Delicious" and ROGUE "gardeners delight" !!!!Seriously, banning the girls from the greenhouse this year after the havoc they inflicted last year swapping...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. JWK

Onion Growing 2022

I've grown Egyptian tree onions, and mine did, so maybe you got sold something else?I'm thinking back years now to when Medwyn Williams used to write in Garden News magazine, and I think he used...
    I've grown Egyptian tree onions, and mine did, so maybe you got sold something else?I'm thinking back years now to when Medwyn Williams used to write in Garden News magazine, and I think he used to sell these from his prize winners.
    I've grown Egyptian tree onions, and mine did, so maybe you got sold something else?I'm thinking back years now to when Medwyn Williams used to write in Garden News magazine, and I think he used to sell these from his prize winners.
    I've grown Egyptian tree onions, and mine did, so maybe you got sold something else?I'm thinking back years now to when Medwyn Williams used to write in Garden News magazine, and I think he used...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. shiney

Runner Beans - An Observation

In this youtube timelapse video they all lean in the same direction, and it's not towards the light. It gets really interesting from about 3.00 mins
    In this youtube timelapse video they all lean in the same direction, and it's not towards the light. It gets really interesting from about 3.00 mins
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Gizmo

dwarf pillar fruit tree

Your welcome:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. GYO newbie

Next door neighbours cats!!!!

It was both of them. He was certainly protective of what was in the garden as he guarded and looked after all the birds (chased hawks away, sat alongside any baby birds that had fallen from their...
    It was both of them. He was certainly protective of what was in the garden as he guarded and looked after all the birds (chased hawks away, sat alongside any baby birds that had fallen from their nests, to keep the magpies away, until the parents - who were used to him - came for the babies)...
    It was both of them. He was certainly protective of what was in the garden as he guarded and looked after all the birds (chased hawks away, sat alongside any baby birds that had fallen from their nests, to keep the magpies away, until the...
    It was both of them. He was certainly protective of what was in the garden as he guarded and looked after all the birds (chased hawks away, sat alongside any baby birds that had fallen from their...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. JWK

Vegetable growing 2023

Link to new threadVegetable Growing 2024
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. JWK
    Informative x 4

DIY TomTato Grafting Tomatoes onto Potatoes 2015

Those are pretty big plants, that can't be the UK - unless it's a very sheltered location.
    Those are pretty big plants, that can't be the UK - unless it's a very sheltered location.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Phil A

Garlic's Dropping

I can`t say I have had tremendous success this year too, agree probably to dry at a vital stage, we did have a hot/warm spell around Easter, I think. I have the best drying and the smaller cloves...
    I can`t say I have had tremendous success this year too, agree probably to dry at a vital stage, we did have a hot/warm spell around Easter, I think. I have the best drying and the smaller cloves going back in for next year, I don`t need so much since O.H. died, so plenty for me.
    I can`t say I have had tremendous success this year too, agree probably to dry at a vital stage, we did have a hot/warm spell around Easter, I think. I have the best drying and the smaller cloves going back in for next year, I don`t need so much...
    I can`t say I have had tremendous success this year too, agree probably to dry at a vital stage, we did have a hot/warm spell around Easter, I think. I have the best drying and the smaller cloves...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice