1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Congratulations to Sheal for winning the January Photo Competition!
    AND
    That also makes Sheal our first entry in the Champion of Champions thread for 2018!

February's Photo Competition is now open, with December's winner Canadian Lori choosing the theme - February: Bliss or Bleak?

The Recipes area of the forum continues to thrive, with a library of tasty recipes growing all the time - if you have any suggestions, please do join in with the Recipes Sub-Forum Discussion

Or, why not learn something from our very own resident CHEF!

Dismiss Notice

Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. catztail
    Like x 7

free plans!

Thanks, have looked for plans in the past and always come up short, bookmarked.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. Sandy Ground
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ricky101

Fence Post - Concrete leach ?

On the subject of installing posts and concrete leach - I'm installing some posts in the front garden for a picket fence.Just this morning concreted 3 in place.I notice that there is now such...
    On the subject of installing posts and concrete leach - I'm installing some posts in the front garden for a picket fence.Just this morning concreted 3 in place.I notice that there is now such a thing as post fix foam - this magic concoction is placed in the hole around the post - it expands...
    On the subject of installing posts and concrete leach - I'm installing some posts in the front garden for a picket fence.Just this morning concreted 3 in place.I notice that there is now such a thing as post fix foam - this magic concoction...
    On the subject of installing posts and concrete leach - I'm installing some posts in the front garden for a picket fence.Just this morning concreted 3 in place.I notice that there is now such...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Tetters
    Like x 17

Mum decided to carve up her lawn...

That is just beautiful.
    That is just beautiful.
    That is just beautiful.
    That is just beautiful.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Nick_MSM
    Like x 10

Garden project/overhaul journal..

How about Garrya elliptica "James Roof" - would certainly grow in a large pot, evergreen, provides privacy *and* you get the lovely silvery "tassels" at this time of year. Would exceed 1.5 metres...
    How about Garrya elliptica "James Roof" - would certainly grow in a large pot, evergreen, provides privacy *and* you get the lovely silvery "tassels" at this time of year. Would exceed 1.5 metres but easy enough to keep under control.silk tassel 'James Roof'
    How about Garrya elliptica "James Roof" - would certainly grow in a large pot, evergreen, provides privacy *and* you get the lovely silvery "tassels" at this time of year. Would exceed 1.5 metres but easy enough to keep under control.silk...
    How about Garrya elliptica "James Roof" - would certainly grow in a large pot, evergreen, provides privacy *and* you get the lovely silvery "tassels" at this time of year. Would exceed 1.5 metres...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Matt-tropical
    Like x 6

Tiki garden project coming together

It sounds nice mate...our garden was a grow your own and a total tip but it got cleared and the decking was first...it was done straight across the property and 10ft out into the garden as you'll...
    It sounds nice mate...our garden was a grow your own and a total tip but it got cleared and the decking was first...it was done straight across the property and 10ft out into the garden as you'll see from the pic i'm adding @Matt-tropical :)
    It sounds nice mate...our garden was a grow your own and a total tip but it got cleared and the decking was first...it was done straight across the property and 10ft out into the garden as you'll see from the pic i'm adding @Matt-tropical :)
    It sounds nice mate...our garden was a grow your own and a total tip but it got cleared and the decking was first...it was done straight across the property and 10ft out into the garden as you'll...
    1F1A21ED-F62D-4CD9-846B-E3EFD7FA96DD.jpeg upload_2018-2-16_19-14-26.jpeg 29E4C5F9-4D93-4A8B-A543-864E2714ED03.png FA91A34A-0961-4308-80EF-A437F7E4A740.png EEC22BA3-2B00-46FE-85EE-8A3482F7376D.png 029FBF18-7BB8-4636-85D3-BFD5893D27FE.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Sandy Ground
    Like x 4

Garden Lighting

Although not really interested in star gazing, I am curious to know what these are. The lower one is due south, the other slightly higher in the sky and a few degrees west of south. Do they sound...
    Although not really interested in star gazing, I am curious to know what these are. The lower one is due south, the other slightly higher in the sky and a few degrees west of south. Do they sound like Venus and [email protected] when you write "visible for about 200 days in the year" would the...
    Although not really interested in star gazing, I am curious to know what these are. The lower one is due south, the other slightly higher in the sky and a few degrees west of south. Do they sound like Venus and [email protected] when you write...
    Although not really interested in star gazing, I am curious to know what these are. The lower one is due south, the other slightly higher in the sky and a few degrees west of south. Do they sound...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. The Unusual Fruit Garden

IBC Water Tank Rain Water Catchment Setup Completed

Yes that was the main concern on buying any IBC tank, they all generally need a good clean out, even if they just had cooking oil in... The company I bought it from is actually a HGV tanker steam...
    Yes that was the main concern on buying any IBC tank, they all generally need a good clean out, even if they just had cooking oil in... The company I bought it from is actually a HGV tanker steam cleaning company, I phoned them to enquire how much it would cost to clean one I'd seen online and...
    Yes that was the main concern on buying any IBC tank, they all generally need a good clean out, even if they just had cooking oil in... The company I bought it from is actually a HGV tanker steam cleaning company, I phoned them to enquire how...
    Yes that was the main concern on buying any IBC tank, they all generally need a good clean out, even if they just had cooking oil in... The company I bought it from is actually a HGV tanker steam...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Snorky85
    Like x 6

Snork's Garden Redesign Project

@Snorky85 I do have two ponds as the Belfast sink pond was completed Nov last year :). I have gravel and rocks in both sink and bath ponds, although I don't know yet if they are ' working ' so to...
    @Snorky85 I do have two ponds as the Belfast sink pond was completed Nov last year :). I have gravel and rocks in both sink and bath ponds, although I don't know yet if they are ' working ' so to speak.
    @Snorky85 I do have two ponds as the Belfast sink pond was completed Nov last year :). I have gravel and rocks in both sink and bath ponds, although I don't know yet if they are ' working ' so to speak.
    @Snorky85 I do have two ponds as the Belfast sink pond was completed Nov last year :). I have gravel and rocks in both sink and bath ponds, although I don't know yet if they are ' working ' so to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Carllennon
    Like x 7

Carl's Garden Project

Nice sized garden. If it were ours, my wife would want me to build a little shed so she could have a couple of alpaccas.Being serious, if you intend to stay there for some time. Make a long term...
    Nice sized garden. If it were ours, my wife would want me to build a little shed so she could have a couple of alpaccas.Being serious, if you intend to stay there for some time. Make a long term plan and tackle bits of it as and when you have the time and money. Start with the bit nearest the...
    Nice sized garden. If it were ours, my wife would want me to build a little shed so she could have a couple of alpaccas.Being serious, if you intend to stay there for some time. Make a long term plan and tackle bits of it as and when you have...
    Nice sized garden. If it were ours, my wife would want me to build a little shed so she could have a couple of alpaccas.Being serious, if you intend to stay there for some time. Make a long term...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Sheal
    Like x 15

First bed, new garden.

That will grow too big for the area Tetters but I do like your choice of plants. I will be investing in 'Sundance' at some point as I miss the one in my last garden which I had a soft spot for. :)
    That will grow too big for the area Tetters but I do like your choice of plants. I will be investing in 'Sundance' at some point as I miss the one in my last garden which I had a soft spot for. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Sandy Ground
    Like x 6

Stepping Stone

I bought some from a local garden centre a few years ago and also had the good fortune to find two pieces washed up on beach after a big winter storm. Mine are more of 'planks ' than squares but...
    I bought some from a local garden centre a few years ago and also had the good fortune to find two pieces washed up on beach after a big winter storm. Mine are more of 'planks ' than squares but they do look like wood and now they've weathered a little they look even better.
    I bought some from a local garden centre a few years ago and also had the good fortune to find two pieces washed up on beach after a big winter storm. Mine are more of 'planks ' than squares but they do look like wood and now they've weathered a...
    I bought some from a local garden centre a few years ago and also had the good fortune to find two pieces washed up on beach after a big winter storm. Mine are more of 'planks ' than squares but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Gail_68
    Like x 4

Decking Project - (Done 2009)

Hi HarryS, Don't apologise just added it for anyone considering doing decking and it would help give them a rough idea:)
    Hi HarryS, Don't apologise just added it for anyone considering doing decking and it would help give them a rough idea:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. day dreamer

my first garden!

This thread is a tad inspirational
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. day dreamer

The never ending garden project....

Big project! Good luck. Only you can decide where to start but I think I would consider the parts nearest the house first.
    Big project! Good luck. Only you can decide where to start but I think I would consider the parts nearest the house first.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Trunky

Advice needed on fixing shed roof

Corrugated roofing pannels are good, quite cheap too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Bilbo675
    Like x 7

Remembrance Themed Planter

Lovely, very tastefully done :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. FlymoDM

A search for controllable ourdoor lighting

Hi @FlymoDM - oh, if you're wiring everything, then that's a much nicer situation. The Axis cameras look nice but quite expensive if you're going for a few of them... Are you going to fibre the...
    Hi @FlymoDM - oh, if you're wiring everything, then that's a much nicer situation. The Axis cameras look nice but quite expensive if you're going for a few of them... Are you going to fibre the whole setup? Or use the Power over ethernet option?
    Hi @FlymoDM - oh, if you're wiring everything, then that's a much nicer situation. The Axis cameras look nice but quite expensive if you're going for a few of them... Are you going to fibre the whole setup? Or use the Power over ethernet option?
    Hi @FlymoDM - oh, if you're wiring everything, then that's a much nicer situation. The Axis cameras look nice but quite expensive if you're going for a few of them... Are you going to fibre the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Tetters
    Like x 5

Treasure from the rubbish...I hope

:wow: it looks amazing. How clever and creative of you :). I love the sound of running water in a garden, something that's missing from mine.
    :wow: it looks amazing. How clever and creative of you :). I love the sound of running water in a garden, something that's missing from mine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Fat Controller
    Like x 4

Patio and gazebo area - a plan

Think its time we both moved house! :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Jack Sparrow