1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. catztail
    Like x 6

free plans!

Thanks, have looked for plans in the past and always come up short, bookmarked.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. fat controller
    Like x 3

Patio and gazebo area - a plan

I seem to remember Mrs FC having a camera......perhaps some bribery or arm twisting? :biggrin:
    I seem to remember Mrs FC having a camera......perhaps some bribery or arm twisting? :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. martin-f
    Like x 7

Work in progress

Many thanks for your kind words GB, I think it will be work in progress for a few years to come :)This is my next plan when ive caught up with others that's going on :wallbanging:This area is now going to be...
    Many thanks for your kind words GB, I think it will be work in progress for a few years to come :)This is my next plan when ive caught up with others that's going on :wallbanging:This area is now going to be a orangery type of building, more work will be going on in this area the decking I loose will be...
    Many thanks for your kind words GB, I think it will be work in progress for a few years to come :)This is my next plan when ive caught up with others that's going on :wallbanging:This area is now going to be a orangery type of building, more work will be...
    Many thanks for your kind words GB, I think it will be work in progress for a few years to come :)This is my next plan when ive caught up with others that's going on :wallbanging:This area is now going to be...
    DSCN2909.JPG DSCN6012.JPG DSCN7522.JPG DSCN7523.JPG DSCN7569.JPG DSCN7617.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. bigbore
    Like x 15

My little haven

Hi, Yes, they are growing very quick now. 2 weeks ago, the fronds hadn't starred to elongate posted a before (2 week s ago) and this morning.
    Hi, Yes, they are growing very quick now. 2 weeks ago, the fronds hadn't starred to elongate posted a before (2 week s ago) and this morning.
    P1210556.JPG P1210589.JPG P1210545.JPG image.jpg DSCN2909.JPG 43900-9e676d55b5d6f49f5e3a897165b908b2.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. "M"
    Like x 11

The garden *is* my project!

Aww, thank you :redface:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Tetters
    Like x 3

A lick of paint..

Morning Mr Woo, I did consider a mural (or Muriel as Hilda Ogden would have said) but I think the parthenocissus will take over fairly well, and some of the other planting is quite tall. There...
    Morning Mr Woo, I did consider a mural (or Muriel as Hilda Ogden would have said) but I think the parthenocissus will take over fairly well, and some of the other planting is quite tall. There is a Miscanthus zebrina there, and a very rampant rambling rose growing over the archway, as well as...
    Morning Mr Woo, I did consider a mural (or Muriel as Hilda Ogden would have said) but I think the parthenocissus will take over fairly well, and some of the other planting is quite tall. There is a Miscanthus zebrina there, and a very rampant...
    Morning Mr Woo, I did consider a mural (or Muriel as Hilda Ogden would have said) but I think the parthenocissus will take over fairly well, and some of the other planting is quite tall. There...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. FloraPie

Vertical Gardening

I use 2 vertical towers to grow 70 plants in a 6ft x 3ft area. I`ve also used hanging shoe racks filled with compost attached to the fence. I wouldnt recommend those unless you automate the...
    I use 2 vertical towers to grow 70 plants in a 6ft x 3ft area. I`ve also used hanging shoe racks filled with compost attached to the fence. I wouldnt recommend those unless you automate the watering cos they dry out pretty fast ;)
    I use 2 vertical towers to grow 70 plants in a 6ft x 3ft area. I`ve also used hanging shoe racks filled with compost attached to the fence. I wouldnt recommend those unless you automate the watering cos they dry out pretty fast ;)
    I use 2 vertical towers to grow 70 plants in a 6ft x 3ft area. I`ve also used hanging shoe racks filled with compost attached to the fence. I wouldnt recommend those unless you automate the...
    20170408_133058.jpg FB_IMG_1490437571024.jpg aeroponic towers.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. jay22

Wooden pallets

Pallet wood window boxes:These were built about a year ago from heavy duty pallets discarded by ToppsTiles. No heavy duty brackets appeared over the past year so I am re-purposing...
    Pallet wood window boxes:These were built about a year ago from heavy duty pallets discarded by ToppsTiles. No heavy duty brackets appeared over the past year so I am re-purposing them.They are internally reinforced with metal plates at the butt joints. The cheapest option is to use the...
    Pallet wood window boxes:These were built about a year ago from heavy duty pallets discarded by ToppsTiles. No heavy duty brackets appeared over the past year so I am re-purposing them.They are internally reinforced with metal plates at...
    Pallet wood window boxes:These were built about a year ago from heavy duty pallets discarded by ToppsTiles. No heavy duty brackets appeared over the past year so I am re-purposing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Ian Taylor
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. luciusmaximus

2017 project

@luciusmaximus That's what hubbies are for :thumbsup: :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Nick_MSM
    Like x 9

Garden project/overhaul journal..

Excellent Nick.....just come to see this. :) Lovely garden The grass border will add movement and a different form of structure too ......love grasses....so nice to see that.
    Excellent Nick.....just come to see this. :) Lovely garden The grass border will add movement and a different form of structure too ......love grasses....so nice to see that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Wobblycogs

I need some ideas.

Phew! Well I did ask! :snork:Thank you John.Wobbly :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. 2nd_bassoon
    Like x 6

Small Garden Project

WOW! The pond looks fantastic now! Loads better than the way it was before! :wow:Your slow worm friend will be thrilled! :pathd:
    WOW! The pond looks fantastic now! Loads better than the way it was before! :wow:Your slow worm friend will be thrilled! :pathd:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Sandy Ground
    Funny x 3

Flip Flop Square project.

What is a Flip Flop Square, and how is one made, I hear you asking? Or not, as the speakers are switched off... :snork:Well this is how they are made. First, a piece of paving is marked out like...
    What is a Flip Flop Square, and how is one made, I hear you asking? Or not, as the speakers are switched off... :snork:Well this is how they are made. First, a piece of paving is marked out like this......then, in this case, 18 holes are drilled and plugged......then, to finish the project,...
    What is a Flip Flop Square, and how is one made, I hear you asking? Or not, as the speakers are switched off... :snork:Well this is how they are made. First, a piece of paving is marked out like this......then, in this case, 18 holes are drilled...
    What is a Flip Flop Square, and how is one made, I hear you asking? Or not, as the speakers are switched off... :snork:Well this is how they are made. First, a piece of paving is marked out like...
    IMG_0072.JPG IMG_0074.JPG IMG_0075.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Keith Thomas

Looking for ideas and suggestions

Another idea would be to create different "room" in your garden, this hedged area would be perfect to make a "secret garden"..! I only have a small cottage garden and as it is enclosed that is...
    Another idea would be to create different "room" in your garden, this hedged area would be perfect to make a "secret garden"..! I only have a small cottage garden and as it is enclosed that is what I am doing this year, but there are some lovely ideas hear.. Secret Gardens: Creating Your Private...
    Another idea would be to create different "room" in your garden, this hedged area would be perfect to make a "secret garden"..! I only have a small cottage garden and as it is enclosed that is what I am doing this year, but there are some lovely...
    Another idea would be to create different "room" in your garden, this hedged area would be perfect to make a "secret garden"..! I only have a small cottage garden and as it is enclosed that is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. rqy99g

Thoughts on what I could do please!?

Pricing. I pay €18 for a tray of 18, 9cm pots of Helianthums and €24 for a tray of 24, 9cm pots of winter flowering Heathers. I'm sure if you search around, you could beat those prices. Go for 9cm...
    Pricing. I pay €18 for a tray of 18, 9cm pots of Helianthums and €24 for a tray of 24, 9cm pots of winter flowering Heathers. I'm sure if you search around, you could beat those prices. Go for 9cm pots, plug sizes are TOO small with these plants.Both these plants are marvellous at suppressing...
    Pricing. I pay €18 for a tray of 18, 9cm pots of Helianthums and €24 for a tray of 24, 9cm pots of winter flowering Heathers. I'm sure if you search around, you could beat those prices. Go for 9cm pots, plug sizes are TOO small with these...
    Pricing. I pay €18 for a tray of 18, 9cm pots of Helianthums and €24 for a tray of 24, 9cm pots of winter flowering Heathers. I'm sure if you search around, you could beat those prices. Go for 9cm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. JWK
    Like x 3

JWK's Garden Destruction

Fritillaria in the new spring garden:
    IMGP3618.jpg 20150725-P7250012.jpg IMGP3624.jpg 20150725-P7250035.jpg IMGP3634.jpg 20150725-P7250041.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. rustyroots

Mini garden project.

Hi All,I have a horrible piece of lawn at the front of the house, that is basically just moss. I cut it yesterday and it was a chore as it is wet the mower just sank into it and I ended up just...
    Hi All,I have a horrible piece of lawn at the front of the house, that is basically just moss. I cut it yesterday and it was a chore as it is wet the mower just sank into it and I ended up just wrestling with the mower and hurt my back in the process.So decision made it has to go. I was...
    Hi All,I have a horrible piece of lawn at the front of the house, that is basically just moss. I cut it yesterday and it was a chore as it is wet the mower just sank into it and I ended up just wrestling with the mower and hurt my back in the...
    Hi All,I have a horrible piece of lawn at the front of the house, that is basically just moss. I cut it yesterday and it was a chore as it is wet the mower just sank into it and I ended up just...
    image.jpg image.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Bilbo675
    Like x 6

Large Tree Planter

Nice one Bilob :thumbsup:A Bonsai would be good :) You could do quite a big one to match the scale of the planter.
    Nice one Bilob :thumbsup:A Bonsai would be good :) You could do quite a big one to match the scale of the planter.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Ariadae

Did anyone see Monty last night?

There he was chipping away with hammer and chisel and no safety specs or goggles, silly boy.
    There he was chipping away with hammer and chisel and no safety specs or goggles, silly boy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. David E Peacock
    Like x 9

Bench from an old log!

I actually prefer Davids seat to the ones I posted photos of for two main reasons. First, it is repeatable. Second, there is a sense of humour in its design.
    I actually prefer Davids seat to the ones I posted photos of for two main reasons. First, it is repeatable. Second, there is a sense of humour in its design.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options