1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. catztail
    Like x 6

free plans!

Thanks, have looked for plans in the past and always come up short, bookmarked.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. FloraPie

Vertical Gardening

Just grabbed this picture from one of her threads (she moved in 2010 and stopped posting shortly after that. She was thinking of moving to Thailand but don't know if she made it.)You can see...
    Just grabbed this picture from one of her threads (she moved in 2010 and stopped posting shortly after that. She was thinking of moving to Thailand but don't know if she made it.)You can see from this next picture that her neighbour below also had a well filled balcony.
    Just grabbed this picture from one of her threads (she moved in 2010 and stopped posting shortly after that. She was thinking of moving to Thailand but don't know if she made it.)You can see from this next picture that her neighbour below...
    Just grabbed this picture from one of her threads (she moved in 2010 and stopped posting shortly after that. She was thinking of moving to Thailand but don't know if she made it.)You can see...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. 2nd_bassoon
    Like x 5

Small Garden Project

An amateur newbie here so can't offer much advice - but you've done so much already - and it's going to be lovely!!
    An amateur newbie here so can't offer much advice - but you've done so much already - and it's going to be lovely!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Ariadae

Did anyone see Monty last night?

There he was chipping away with hammer and chisel and no safety specs or goggles, silly boy.
    There he was chipping away with hammer and chisel and no safety specs or goggles, silly boy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. bigbore
    Like x 15

My little haven

Nice list, although not a lot of its hardy so will need protecting over winter. I would probably add these to your list too, classic Tropical (looking) plants that are hardy and look the...
    Nice list, although not a lot of its hardy so will need protecting over winter. I would probably add these to your list too, classic Tropical (looking) plants that are hardy and look the part:-Paulownia tomentosa, the one with the big leaves in your top picture on the rh side. Needs pruning...
    Nice list, although not a lot of its hardy so will need protecting over winter. I would probably add these to your list too, classic Tropical (looking) plants that are hardy and look the part:-Paulownia tomentosa, the one with the big leaves...
    Nice list, although not a lot of its hardy so will need protecting over winter. I would probably add these to your list too, classic Tropical (looking) plants that are hardy and look the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. David E Peacock
    Like x 9

Bench from an old log!

I actually prefer Davids seat to the ones I posted photos of for two main reasons. First, it is repeatable. Second, there is a sense of humour in its design.
    I actually prefer Davids seat to the ones I posted photos of for two main reasons. First, it is repeatable. Second, there is a sense of humour in its design.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Michael Hewett
    Like x 7

Perspex shelters

You are very kind to your cacti. We get very wet weather here too but I put most of my cacti in a perspex shelter outside the back door. It's mostly dry in there, and I can see them when I wash...
    You are very kind to your cacti. We get very wet weather here too but I put most of my cacti in a perspex shelter outside the back door. It's mostly dry in there, and I can see them when I wash the dishes.:dbgrtmb: I've never grown Achimenes. They are pretty. Maybe I'll try them next year
    You are very kind to your cacti. We get very wet weather here too but I put most of my cacti in a perspex shelter outside the back door. It's mostly dry in there, and I can see them when I wash the dishes.:dbgrtmb: I've never grown Achimenes. They are...
    You are very kind to your cacti. We get very wet weather here too but I put most of my cacti in a perspex shelter outside the back door. It's mostly dry in there, and I can see them when I wash...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. jay22

Wooden pallets

Woodlice is unavoidable in the community garden because rotting wood is what they predominantly feed on.I guesstimate that the pallet wood boxes will last between 3-6 years before they are...
    Woodlice is unavoidable in the community garden because rotting wood is what they predominantly feed on.I guesstimate that the pallet wood boxes will last between 3-6 years before they are structurally decayed beyond repair - the sandbox planter maybe a little bit less because it is supporting...
    Woodlice is unavoidable in the community garden because rotting wood is what they predominantly feed on.I guesstimate that the pallet wood boxes will last between 3-6 years before they are structurally decayed beyond repair - the sandbox...
    Woodlice is unavoidable in the community garden because rotting wood is what they predominantly feed on.I guesstimate that the pallet wood boxes will last between 3-6 years before they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Ian Taylor

Planting idea

Sedums? Maybe a nice decorative grass?
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. bigbore

Vertical gardening

Thank you for putting the link up @Sheal :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Tracy_x

Please recommend online supplier of fence

Thanks very much, a fence man will come to give QUOTE on Wednesday, if it's not very expensive, he will do that
    Thanks very much, a fence man will come to give QUOTE on Wednesday, if it's not very expensive, he will do that
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Sandy Ground
    Like x 5

New project, lawn and border edging plates

Thank for the tips Sandy! There's always that extra bit of satisfaction when something is completely done yourself. Hopefully one day I will have another garden to test this out on.Thank you @"M"
    Thank for the tips Sandy! There's always that extra bit of satisfaction when something is completely done yourself. Hopefully one day I will have another garden to test this out on.Thank you @"M"
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. "M"
    Like x 8

The garden *is* my project!

That's really sad @"M" :sad:, hopefully once the houses are up the occupants will make the garden nice again :hapfeet:.
    That's really sad @"M" :sad:, hopefully once the houses are up the occupants will make the garden nice again :hapfeet:.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Infallible

Help with new build garden please :-)

Sorry been on hols for a couple of weeks, but I can see you are doing very well anyway. I can't add much, maybe just raise the cutting height on your mower as shiney says and keep on watering.
    Sorry been on hols for a couple of weeks, but I can see you are doing very well anyway. I can't add much, maybe just raise the cutting height on your mower as shiney says and keep on watering.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Ian Taylor
    Like x 3

My next project

Very nice too; looking forward to seeing the ones you make :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. martin-f
    Like x 7

Work in progress

Hi welcome to the forum :), many thanks i am new to gardening myself, i started a summer house last year its still unfinished, you can find drawings to work to online for making them, i just built...
    Hi welcome to the forum :), many thanks i am new to gardening myself, i started a summer house last year its still unfinished, you can find drawings to work to online for making them, i just built mine from scratch but woodwork is my mainline of work.
    Hi welcome to the forum :), many thanks i am new to gardening myself, i started a summer house last year its still unfinished, you can find drawings to work to online for making them, i just built mine from scratch but woodwork is my mainline of work.
    Hi welcome to the forum :), many thanks i am new to gardening myself, i started a summer house last year its still unfinished, you can find drawings to work to online for making them, i just built...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. nFrost
    Like x 7

nFrost Garden Journal

Thanks all. Sheal, after living with the problem for over two years now I've come to realise there's little I can do. It must be the ground water level rising with rainfall. One advantage is I...
    Thanks all. Sheal, after living with the problem for over two years now I've come to realise there's little I can do. It must be the ground water level rising with rainfall. One advantage is I never have to water the garden apart from the greenhouse and raised beds!
    Thanks all. Sheal, after living with the problem for over two years now I've come to realise there's little I can do. It must be the ground water level rising with rainfall. One advantage is I never have to water the garden apart from the...
    Thanks all. Sheal, after living with the problem for over two years now I've come to realise there's little I can do. It must be the ground water level rising with rainfall. One advantage is I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sian in Belgium

new garden - deciding how to start!

The garden's looking great Sian! All your hard work is paying off and it's good to see how it's maturing. :dbgrtmb:
    The garden's looking great Sian! All your hard work is paying off and it's good to see how it's maturing. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. nikirushka

Preventing pallets rotting

You could staple some thick polythene to the pallet that's going into the trench.
    You could staple some thick polythene to the pallet that's going into the trench.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. liam green
    Like x 5

New Member with a lot of hard work ahead

I'm so sorry I've only just seen your thread....welcome to the forum Liam.You really are doing a fantastic job, the garden is looking great :star:
    I'm so sorry I've only just seen your thread....welcome to the forum Liam.You really are doing a fantastic job, the garden is looking great :star:
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. kazzawazza

White marks on brickwork - how do I get rid of them?

Yep, water migrating thru the wall will drag the salts with it.If you want to go to extremes, you could saturate the wall and then put a poultice on it, let it dry and the salts will crystalise...
    Yep, water migrating thru the wall will drag the salts with it.If you want to go to extremes, you could saturate the wall and then put a poultice on it, let it dry and the salts will crystalise out on the surface of the poultice, which you then remove.
    Yep, water migrating thru the wall will drag the salts with it.If you want to go to extremes, you could saturate the wall and then put a poultice on it, let it dry and the salts will crystalise out on the surface of the poultice, which you then...
    Yep, water migrating thru the wall will drag the salts with it.If you want to go to extremes, you could saturate the wall and then put a poultice on it, let it dry and the salts will crystalise...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options