Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Lolimac
    Like x 11

Rose Parterre...

Oh that's sad, my son kept chickens but the fox got them all. There is something lovely seeing chickens roaming free.
    Oh that's sad, my son kept chickens but the fox got them all. There is something lovely seeing chickens roaming free.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Arlandria
    Like x 4

Arlandria's Long-Term Garden Renovation Thread

I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot...
    I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot either which I know they do (these days at least). Never know though!Ooh thank you - I'll pop...
    I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot either which I know they do (these days at least)....
    I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. stumorphmac

Zinc paint

You can get Galvanised spray/paint
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. BigC
    Like x 9

Zen on a Budget

UPDATE The Magic of Moss! Although confined, it is serving the intended purpose of disguising the end of my bonsai bench which wasn't very awe-inspiring from the kitchen window. It's progressing...
    UPDATE The Magic of Moss! Although confined, it is serving the intended purpose of disguising the end of my bonsai bench which wasn't very awe-inspiring from the kitchen window. It's progressing nicely, with a few Japanese-oriented plants still to go in and a few positional aspects still to...
    UPDATE The Magic of Moss! Although confined, it is serving the intended purpose of disguising the end of my bonsai bench which wasn't very awe-inspiring from the kitchen window. It's progressing nicely, with a few Japanese-oriented plants still...
    UPDATE The Magic of Moss! Although confined, it is serving the intended purpose of disguising the end of my bonsai bench which wasn't very awe-inspiring from the kitchen window. It's progressing...
    zen1.jpg Zen3.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. enchanté jardinier

Wrap Around Porch - Building steps

Hello friends,Around my country house à built this wrap around porch.3 sections: Covered, raised and under deck storage.Steps: ----> My wrap around porch
    Hello friends,Around my country house à built this wrap around porch.3 sections: Covered, raised and under deck storage.Steps: ----> My wrap around porch
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Scotkat
    Like x 4

Working in Glasshouse in the walled garden of Glamis Castle again today

I'm not sure if Scotkat would be allowed to Joolz, it's owned by the royal family so could be off limits.
    I'm not sure if Scotkat would be allowed to Joolz, it's owned by the royal family so could be off limits.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. merleworld
    Like x 6

Work on new patio starts today

It's looking very smart Merleworld! :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. martin-f
    Like x 8

Work in progress

Yes they do S, pity there wasn't a few more but there is enough to hold back the soil where it matters, i did find some identical at a reclamation yard but they was £3 each £30 one mtr run so i...
    Yes they do S, pity there wasn't a few more but there is enough to hold back the soil where it matters, i did find some identical at a reclamation yard but they was £3 each £30 one mtr run so i will stick with the ones i have.
    Yes they do S, pity there wasn't a few more but there is enough to hold back the soil where it matters, i did find some identical at a reclamation yard but they was £3 each £30 one mtr run so i will stick with the ones i have.
    Yes they do S, pity there wasn't a few more but there is enough to hold back the soil where it matters, i did find some identical at a reclamation yard but they was £3 each £30 one mtr run so i...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. wiseowl
    Like x 4

Woos new shed (Apex v Pent)

Good morning @Jack McHammocklashing I will get Mrs Woo on it straight away,Oh! its a little early now (5.45am) I will get her up have a lay in and will get her up at 6am:lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Good morning @Jack McHammocklashing I will get Mrs Woo on it straight away,Oh! its a little early now (5.45am) I will get her up have a lay in and will get her up at 6am:lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. bigbore

Wooden Planter

Will you make me one next week if I throw in some homemade cake and biscuits?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. jay22

Wooden pallets

Pallet wood window boxes:These were built about a year ago from heavy duty pallets discarded by ToppsTiles. No heavy duty brackets appeared over the past year so I am re-purposing...
    Pallet wood window boxes:These were built about a year ago from heavy duty pallets discarded by ToppsTiles. No heavy duty brackets appeared over the past year so I am re-purposing them.They are internally reinforced with metal plates at the butt joints. The cheapest option is to use the...
    Pallet wood window boxes:These were built about a year ago from heavy duty pallets discarded by ToppsTiles. No heavy duty brackets appeared over the past year so I am re-purposing them.They are internally reinforced with metal plates at...
    Pallet wood window boxes:These were built about a year ago from heavy duty pallets discarded by ToppsTiles. No heavy duty brackets appeared over the past year so I am re-purposing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. EddieJ
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. hedgefog

Wood burning stove in wooden garden shed?

Yes, good advice. Maybe I will need to wait until brick garage / worshop is built.The flue gets utterly hot when log burning in full whack, I recall.
    Yes, good advice. Maybe I will need to wait until brick garage / worshop is built.The flue gets utterly hot when log burning in full whack, I recall.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. whis4ey

Wonderwoman and the paintbrush

So unfair lol It's all looking good Sam :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Sandy Ground
    Like x 18

With nothing to do in the garden....

Great job! You've inspired me. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. cherrywillows

Wind break feature

Hi Cherrywilows! It sounds like you have got a plan for a lovely garden. As to you questions, the main problem you will have with the soil wall is preventing the soil being eroded before the...
    Hi Cherrywilows! It sounds like you have got a plan for a lovely garden. As to you questions, the main problem you will have with the soil wall is preventing the soil being eroded before the plants have chance to establish, especially if you live in a part of the UK that gets a lot of rain or...
    Hi Cherrywilows! It sounds like you have got a plan for a lovely garden. As to you questions, the main problem you will have with the soil wall is preventing the soil being eroded before the plants have chance to establish, especially if you...
    Hi Cherrywilows! It sounds like you have got a plan for a lovely garden. As to you questions, the main problem you will have with the soil wall is preventing the soil being eroded before the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. chitting kaz

wind break ?

Cracking idea and just the right level of perviousity - or some word like that! Cheap as chips too - I think that the webbing is always blinking expensive.
    Cracking idea and just the right level of perviousity - or some word like that! Cheap as chips too - I think that the webbing is always blinking expensive.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. wiseowl

Will this Work

I did this, some time ago now....a concrete drive that was so ugly....friends came and helped and after we had a bbq and a good old laugh :dbgrtmb: think the Boys were in competition with each other :heehee:
    I did this, some time ago now....a concrete drive that was so ugly....friends came and helped and after we had a bbq and a good old laugh :dbgrtmb: think the Boys were in competition with each other :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. MostlyVegsSouthCotswolds

Will my Fir Trees fill out to a Tidy Hedge?

For sure...now you can plant something you really want there :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. clum111

Will I need planning permission?

I will have to put in for planning permission, ad dad spoke to the planners, although I won't have to pay as its a way of access for me. They did say however, if the deck was lower than the...
    I will have to put in for planning permission, ad dad spoke to the planners, although I won't have to pay as its a way of access for me. They did say however, if the deck was lower than the raised beds, then no planning permission is required, but didn't say by how much though. Anyway, we'll...
    I will have to put in for planning permission, ad dad spoke to the planners, although I won't have to pay as its a way of access for me. They did say however, if the deck was lower than the raised beds, then no planning permission is required,...
    I will have to put in for planning permission, ad dad spoke to the planners, although I won't have to pay as its a way of access for me. They did say however, if the deck was lower than the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. silu
    Like x 17

Why I like herbaceous.

Stunning @silu any pics yet this year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. kazzawazza

White marks on brickwork - how do I get rid of them?

Yep, water migrating thru the wall will drag the salts with it.If you want to go to extremes, you could saturate the wall and then put a poultice on it, let it dry and the salts will crystalise...
    Yep, water migrating thru the wall will drag the salts with it.If you want to go to extremes, you could saturate the wall and then put a poultice on it, let it dry and the salts will crystalise out on the surface of the poultice, which you then remove.
    Yep, water migrating thru the wall will drag the salts with it.If you want to go to extremes, you could saturate the wall and then put a poultice on it, let it dry and the salts will crystalise out on the surface of the poultice, which you then...
    Yep, water migrating thru the wall will drag the salts with it.If you want to go to extremes, you could saturate the wall and then put a poultice on it, let it dry and the salts will crystalise...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice