1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What are we doing in the garden 2024 lizzie27, Apr 24, 2024 at 9:33 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Which soil improver? fairygirl, Apr 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best tool for trimming edges of lawn amancalledgeorge, Apr 22, 2024 at 12:27 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Oh Dear! Goldenlily26, Apr 24, 2024 at 11:48 AM
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. wildflower

Wind..

sorry to hear about all your losses, its sickening to lose your green house,the winds here in stonehaven have been so bad,made my first xmas basket looked allright,smashed to bits in next doors...
    sorry to hear about all your losses, its sickening to lose your green house,the winds here in stonehaven have been so bad,made my first xmas basket looked allright,smashed to bits in next doors garden.end of basket :mad: :mad:my friend lives on the beach front, water right over the wall windscreen...
    sorry to hear about all your losses, its sickening to lose your green house,the winds here in stonehaven have been so bad,made my first xmas basket looked allright,smashed to bits in next doors garden.end of basket :mad: :mad:my friend lives on the...
    sorry to hear about all your losses, its sickening to lose your green house,the winds here in stonehaven have been so bad,made my first xmas basket looked allright,smashed to bits in next doors...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Scotkat

Seeds or plug plants

One of many suppliers.......http://plants.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/4628/1
    One of many suppliers.......http://plants.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/4628/1
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Jack by the hedge

Mignonette

Hi Jack, Kings Seeds sell them, only one variety, "Crown Mixture", 85pence. By phone 01376/570000, or E mail;-
    Hi Jack, Kings Seeds sell them, only one variety, "Crown Mixture", 85pence. By phone 01376/570000, or E mail;-
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Seafuryfan

My Weeping Willow Has Fallen Over. Advice Sought

Cheers Dave
    Cheers Dave
    Cheers Dave
    Cheers Dave
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. crowley

friends with similar interests?

You cannot beat allotment gardening for meeting people, making friends and LEARNING. I had an allotment for 13 years before I had to give it up because of work commitments. And it was the most...
    You cannot beat allotment gardening for meeting people, making friends and LEARNING. I had an allotment for 13 years before I had to give it up because of work commitments. And it was the most wonderful gardening experience of my life, not only meeting these wonderful old characters, but also...
    You cannot beat allotment gardening for meeting people, making friends and LEARNING. I had an allotment for 13 years before I had to give it up because of work commitments. And it was the most wonderful gardening experience of my life, not only...
    You cannot beat allotment gardening for meeting people, making friends and LEARNING. I had an allotment for 13 years before I had to give it up because of work commitments. And it was the most...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. jazid

Winter Pots and Planters

Galettes des rois...... how I remember making them with a classful of year 7s.... (11-12 year-olds, that is!A lovely memory, of them all covered in flour, but enjoying themselves! :DA bit...
    Galettes des rois...... how I remember making them with a classful of year 7s.... (11-12 year-olds, that is!A lovely memory, of them all covered in flour, but enjoying themselves! :DA bit off thread, sorry.....
    Galettes des rois...... how I remember making them with a classful of year 7s.... (11-12 year-olds, that is!A lovely memory, of them all covered in flour, but enjoying themselves! :DA bit off thread, sorry.....
    Galettes des rois...... how I remember making them with a classful of year 7s.... (11-12 year-olds, that is!A lovely memory, of them all covered in flour, but enjoying themselves! :DA bit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. r2oo

When to prune Verbina Rigida

If you are going to leave them outside, I would leave the top growth on as Dendro said, to give them a bit more protection over the winter. I dug mine up, and they are overwintering in a...
    If you are going to leave them outside, I would leave the top growth on as Dendro said, to give them a bit more protection over the winter. I dug mine up, and they are overwintering in a summerhouse. The roots are somewhat thick and tuberous and rather brittle. They do say you can treat them...
    If you are going to leave them outside, I would leave the top growth on as Dendro said, to give them a bit more protection over the winter. I dug mine up, and they are overwintering in a summerhouse. The roots are somewhat thick and tuberous and...
    If you are going to leave them outside, I would leave the top growth on as Dendro said, to give them a bit more protection over the winter. I dug mine up, and they are overwintering in a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. FANCY

paper pots-biodegradeable

Leonora, thank you for that but must admit I have not read it all and will do tomorrow.I don't know what heartless person abandoned them because, believe me, if I knew I'd kill the b*****d with...
    Leonora, thank you for that but must admit I have not read it all and will do tomorrow.I don't know what heartless person abandoned them because, believe me, if I knew I'd kill the b*****d with no hesitation.Thank you for caring.
    Leonora, thank you for that but must admit I have not read it all and will do tomorrow.I don't know what heartless person abandoned them because, believe me, if I knew I'd kill the b*****d with no hesitation.Thank you for caring.
    Leonora, thank you for that but must admit I have not read it all and will do tomorrow.I don't know what heartless person abandoned them because, believe me, if I knew I'd kill the b*****d with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. crowley

seasons out of synch?

My ones in the garden don't usually show flower buds til late January early February, so they are early for me.Lucky you to have them earlier
    My ones in the garden don't usually show flower buds til late January early February, so they are early for me.Lucky you to have them earlier
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. linlin

Hot Tub

I would really, really like a hot tub. BUT.....I'm too mean to spend very much and if heating it cost a lot, it wouldn't get used. I know someone who has a barrel tub heated by a wood burner and...
    I would really, really like a hot tub. BUT.....I'm too mean to spend very much and if heating it cost a lot, it wouldn't get used. I know someone who has a barrel tub heated by a wood burner and I've found a supplier: http://www.finestamlogcabins.co.uk/index.php?main=3&productCat=7Thinking...
    I would really, really like a hot tub. BUT.....I'm too mean to spend very much and if heating it cost a lot, it wouldn't get used. I know someone who has a barrel tub heated by a wood burner and I've found a...
    I would really, really like a hot tub. BUT.....I'm too mean to spend very much and if heating it cost a lot, it wouldn't get used. I know someone who has a barrel tub heated by a wood burner and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. windygale

starting seeds

Hi windy Why not try a few seeds both ways,some in the ground and some in a prop/windowsill. Your second option is the safest,but then gardening is about experimenting,personal choices and not...
    Hi windy Why not try a few seeds both ways,some in the ground and some in a prop/windowsill. Your second option is the safest,but then gardening is about experimenting,personal choices and not allways about safe options.As long as you make notes on what you do and the log the results. You should...
    Hi windy Why not try a few seeds both ways,some in the ground and some in a prop/windowsill. Your second option is the safest,but then gardening is about experimenting,personal choices and not allways about safe options.As long as you make notes...
    Hi windy Why not try a few seeds both ways,some in the ground and some in a prop/windowsill. Your second option is the safest,but then gardening is about experimenting,personal choices and not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. greenfingers

Poinsettia

Thanks for that MF. I've just cut-and-pasted the whole lot into Word for reference - going to have a go at keeping mine for next year too.
    Thanks for that MF. I've just cut-and-pasted the whole lot into Word for reference - going to have a go at keeping mine for next year too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Waco

Echeveria

I think thats the same as mine pete - only yours looks really well!not sure if it is the picture, but it has a lovely almost purple tint to it. I also notice that the rosette is on the slant,...
    I think thats the same as mine pete - only yours looks really well!not sure if it is the picture, but it has a lovely almost purple tint to it. I also notice that the rosette is on the slant, mine is growing straight up which I don't think has helped.I could have put it in the stable until...
    I think thats the same as mine pete - only yours looks really well!not sure if it is the picture, but it has a lovely almost purple tint to it. I also notice that the rosette is on the slant, mine is growing straight up which I don't think has...
    I think thats the same as mine pete - only yours looks really well!not sure if it is the picture, but it has a lovely almost purple tint to it. I also notice that the rosette is on the slant,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. wiseowl

whats blooming

Help! Euphorbia Characias coming into flower. daft thing.Lonicera Fragrantissima
    Help! Euphorbia Characias coming into flower. daft thing.Lonicera Fragrantissima
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. UsedtobeDendy

calling all budding garden designers....

If anyone's interested in designing and "avant-garden" (I know, shock horror!!! and what does it mean anyway....) - particularly if you live near Edinburgh, or fancy a week's holiday there in the...
    If anyone's interested in designing and "avant-garden" (I know, shock horror!!! and what does it mean anyway....) - particularly if you live near Edinburgh, or fancy a week's holiday there in the spring, there's an opportunity to have a shot at doing it, and building it. The Garden Centre which...
    If anyone's interested in designing and "avant-garden" (I know, shock horror!!! and what does it mean anyway....) - particularly if you live near Edinburgh, or fancy a week's holiday there in the spring, there's an opportunity to have a shot at...
    If anyone's interested in designing and "avant-garden" (I know, shock horror!!! and what does it mean anyway....) - particularly if you live near Edinburgh, or fancy a week's holiday there in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Victoria

Viburnum

i like to do a good spring clean out too it is tempting some off the more milder days to have a weed out but as everyone is saying ground is too wet and sticky yet
    i like to do a good spring clean out too it is tempting some off the more milder days to have a weed out but as everyone is saying ground is too wet and sticky yet
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Platanoides

Proposed Bottle Garden

Thank you all for your views and ideas on this topic. A particularly good link HB --much appreciated.Both are carboys so it will be the 'keyhole surgery' approach that will need to be taken. I...
    Thank you all for your views and ideas on this topic. A particularly good link HB --much appreciated.Both are carboys so it will be the 'keyhole surgery' approach that will need to be taken. I will post a pic when the deed is done.Probably tracking down suitable plants will be the hardest...
    Thank you all for your views and ideas on this topic. A particularly good link HB --much appreciated.Both are carboys so it will be the 'keyhole surgery' approach that will need to be taken. I will post a pic when the deed is done.Probably...
    Thank you all for your views and ideas on this topic. A particularly good link HB --much appreciated.Both are carboys so it will be the 'keyhole surgery' approach that will need to be taken. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. LCH

Covering the ground

Hi LCH,I am ostly on clay too but one way I have avoided it in teh veg patch is to use lots of smaler raised beds. If you raise up you can then fill up with a much better material (organic...
    Hi LCH,I am ostly on clay too but one way I have avoided it in teh veg patch is to use lots of smaler raised beds. If you raise up you can then fill up with a much better material (organic matter, top soil and grit / sand which the worms slowly mix up with the underlying clay (had to break up...
    Hi LCH,I am ostly on clay too but one way I have avoided it in teh veg patch is to use lots of smaler raised beds. If you raise up you can then fill up with a much better material (organic matter, top soil and grit / sand which the worms slowly...
    Hi LCH,I am ostly on clay too but one way I have avoided it in teh veg patch is to use lots of smaler raised beds. If you raise up you can then fill up with a much better material (organic...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. David G

Pruning Phygelius rectus "African Queen"

Do'n't know the name of the ones in my garden but they have been there for two years now without problem although I know them to be a bit suspect to the frosts and I do dry mulch. The heights vary...
    Do'n't know the name of the ones in my garden but they have been there for two years now without problem although I know them to be a bit suspect to the frosts and I do dry mulch. The heights vary from 2-3ft. in my garden and lots of suckers which are easily removed as it says in the web site in...
    Do'n't know the name of the ones in my garden but they have been there for two years now without problem although I know them to be a bit suspect to the frosts and I do dry mulch. The heights vary from 2-3ft. in my garden and lots of suckers...
    Do'n't know the name of the ones in my garden but they have been there for two years now without problem although I know them to be a bit suspect to the frosts and I do dry mulch. The heights vary...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Green Arrow

Inherited some Neglected Shrubs, advice needed please

Hi all,The 3/4th pictures look like my weigelias at this time of year. I had some dry rot at the bottom of one of them last year, pruned it right back and dug it out and it seems fine now. In...
    Hi all,The 3/4th pictures look like my weigelias at this time of year. I had some dry rot at the bottom of one of them last year, pruned it right back and dug it out and it seems fine now. In fact it grew so big over the summer, I've cut it back again!The last one does look like an unhappy...
    Hi all,The 3/4th pictures look like my weigelias at this time of year. I had some dry rot at the bottom of one of them last year, pruned it right back and dug it out and it seems fine now. In fact it grew so big over the summer, I've cut it...
    Hi all,The 3/4th pictures look like my weigelias at this time of year. I had some dry rot at the bottom of one of them last year, pruned it right back and dug it out and it seems fine now. In...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice