Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What are we doing in the garden 2024 Jenny_Aster, Mar 28, 2024 at 2:52 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Slow and steady - Beginner :-) AnniD, Mar 28, 2024 at 10:30 AM
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Irrigation system Fat Controller, Mar 24, 2024 at 8:47 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water pete, Mar 28, 2024 at 11:10 AM
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Loki
    Like x 4

Snow Watch

Driving back and forth across the Mendips all this week - couldn't get through at all on Monday, and there were still drifts higher than my car on the side of the roads this evening. Going to be...
    Driving back and forth across the Mendips all this week - couldn't get through at all on Monday, and there were still drifts higher than my car on the side of the roads this evening. Going to be a while before it's all gone I think!
    Driving back and forth across the Mendips all this week - couldn't get through at all on Monday, and there were still drifts higher than my car on the side of the roads this evening. Going to be a while before it's all gone I think!
    Driving back and forth across the Mendips all this week - couldn't get through at all on Monday, and there were still drifts higher than my car on the side of the roads this evening. Going to be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Trux

Cats in the garden

There is a new petition to which you might care to subscribe. Early days yet, but who knows.http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/BanRoamingPets/
    There is a new petition to which you might care to subscribe. Early days yet, but who knows.http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/BanRoamingPets/
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Verdun

Fair or not?

If bites cause problems, then dont cover it with bark chippings.Everyone knows that some peoples bark chippings are worse than their frost bite! :snorky:
    If bites cause problems, then dont cover it with bark chippings.Everyone knows that some peoples bark chippings are worse than their frost bite! :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Verdun

Sticking to the subject matter?

Ooooh, you are sooooooooooo close!!!!! (In a round-a-bout sort of way)Suffice to say: SD is male; DD is female.But, it is not my line to call ... I shall let @Sandy Ground have the punch...
    Ooooh, you are sooooooooooo close!!!!! (In a round-a-bout sort of way)Suffice to say: SD is male; DD is female.But, it is not my line to call ... I shall let @Sandy Ground have the punch line to this :snorky:
    Ooooh, you are sooooooooooo close!!!!! (In a round-a-bout sort of way)Suffice to say: SD is male; DD is female.But, it is not my line to call ... I shall let @Sandy Ground have the punch line to this :snorky:
    Ooooh, you are sooooooooooo close!!!!! (In a round-a-bout sort of way)Suffice to say: SD is male; DD is female.But, it is not my line to call ... I shall let @Sandy Ground have the punch...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. PeterS
    Like x 13

Show us your climbers

I am delighted that my Cobaea seed has germinated ... I had no luck last year whatsoever. This year I plan to plait them in three stem trunks. I love this plant and it loves the sun here. My...
    I am delighted that my Cobaea seed has germinated ... I had no luck last year whatsoever. This year I plan to plait them in three stem trunks. I love this plant and it loves the sun here. My last one I had for several years, went about 5 meters and had lots of fruit ... Old...
    I am delighted that my Cobaea seed has germinated ... I had no luck last year whatsoever. This year I plan to plait them in three stem trunks. I love this plant and it loves the sun here. My last one I had for several years, went about 5...
    I am delighted that my Cobaea seed has germinated ... I had no luck last year whatsoever. This year I plan to plait them in three stem trunks. I love this plant and it loves the sun here. My...
    2012_08130020.JPG 2012_08130014.JPG 2012_08130018.JPG Aug 12 282.jpg Aug 12 287.jpg Aug 12 288.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Verdun
    Like x 3

Heatwave

Very calm day......bright, warm and sun is making an effort :)No damage damage done, surprisingly, in the garden from yesterday's stormGot more JI and horticultural grit to pot up new daphnes...
    Very calm day......bright, warm and sun is making an effort :)No damage damage done, surprisingly, in the garden from yesterday's stormGot more JI and horticultural grit to pot up new daphnes later. Rooted cuttings of daphne odora given me by a neighbour earlier in the year have made amazing...
    Very calm day......bright, warm and sun is making an effort :)No damage damage done, surprisingly, in the garden from yesterday's stormGot more JI and horticultural grit to pot up new daphnes later. Rooted cuttings of daphne odora given me by a...
    Very calm day......bright, warm and sun is making an effort :)No damage damage done, surprisingly, in the garden from yesterday's stormGot more JI and horticultural grit to pot up new daphnes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Fat Controller

Where best to buy brugmansia?

It already below 5C at night most nights already and they been living in the GH all summer until the frost nipped them . I just see how they go in the spare room , the heating barely on in that room.
    It already below 5C at night most nights already and they been living in the GH all summer until the frost nipped them . I just see how they go in the spare room , the heating barely on in that room.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Mike Allen
    Like x 5

Monty Don.

Gardeners World is a weekly staple for us, so Monty is invited into our house on Friday evenings. He's a good to very good gardener and a really good presenter! Okay one of his predecessors was...
    Gardeners World is a weekly staple for us, so Monty is invited into our house on Friday evenings. He's a good to very good gardener and a really good presenter! Okay one of his predecessors was someone I used to say I was going for a pint with every Friday night! ("There's only one Jeffo...
    Gardeners World is a weekly staple for us, so Monty is invited into our house on Friday evenings. He's a good to very good gardener and a really good presenter! Okay one of his predecessors was someone I used to say I was going for a pint with...
    Gardeners World is a weekly staple for us, so Monty is invited into our house on Friday evenings. He's a good to very good gardener and a really good presenter! Okay one of his predecessors was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Beckie76
    Like x 21

Beckie's garden!

I bought one from Aldi last year, hope mine turns out as pretty as yours :spinning:
    I bought one from Aldi last year, hope mine turns out as pretty as yours :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Verdun

Why is Cornwall best?

Love that Sandy.....made me chuckle :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. weedaway

Dreadful Neighbour Problems Involving Your Garden

You say that the neighbours registered childminders are not seen together now?I wonder if they are in a similar situation and one of them must always stay in the vicinity of their home ? Maybe...
    You say that the neighbours registered childminders are not seen together now?I wonder if they are in a similar situation and one of them must always stay in the vicinity of their home ? Maybe worth having a careful word with them .you need not say outright the problems you are having , you...
    You say that the neighbours registered childminders are not seen together now?I wonder if they are in a similar situation and one of them must always stay in the vicinity of their home ? Maybe worth having a careful word with them .you need...
    You say that the neighbours registered childminders are not seen together now?I wonder if they are in a similar situation and one of them must always stay in the vicinity of their home ? Maybe...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sheal

Armandii on Armandii

Well @ARMANDII, I have a little problem there...... as I can't move it at the moment and I can't put it into the ground as it is standing on tiles behind the fish pond. So until my next phase is...
    Well @ARMANDII, I have a little problem there...... as I can't move it at the moment and I can't put it into the ground as it is standing on tiles behind the fish pond. So until my next phase is completed I will have to leave it where it is... the pot is a large deep pot... so hopefully it will...
    Well @ARMANDII, I have a little problem there...... as I can't move it at the moment and I can't put it into the ground as it is standing on tiles behind the fish pond. So until my next phase is completed I will have to leave it where it is......
    Well @ARMANDII, I have a little problem there...... as I can't move it at the moment and I can't put it into the ground as it is standing on tiles behind the fish pond. So until my next phase is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Mark B

The Sun

Well this topic has been going a while but now the entire garden nearly gets sun. Just a couple more feet for the small hedging plants. Moved pots from near the house as just to dark for to long...
    Well this topic has been going a while but now the entire garden nearly gets sun. Just a couple more feet for the small hedging plants. Moved pots from near the house as just to dark for to long but majority of garden hopefully will now get 5 months of light per year, which I think is very good...
    Well this topic has been going a while but now the entire garden nearly gets sun. Just a couple more feet for the small hedging plants. Moved pots from near the house as just to dark for to long but majority of garden hopefully will now get 5...
    Well this topic has been going a while but now the entire garden nearly gets sun. Just a couple more feet for the small hedging plants. Moved pots from near the house as just to dark for to long...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. NorthantsGeezer

Which plant can't you wait to flower?

Sadly neither of them flowered this year - due to the late frosts we had which killed the emerging blooms :frown:
    Sadly neither of them flowered this year - due to the late frosts we had which killed the emerging blooms :frown:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Kristen
    Like x 3

Water Conservation Gardening

I'm not conserving water at the moment. It's about two weeks since we had rain. The soil is so dry that it's cracking up so the sprinkler has been on all day - moving it around the garden.
    I'm not conserving water at the moment. It's about two weeks since we had rain. The soil is so dry that it's cracking up so the sprinkler has been on all day - moving it around the garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Garden sponge

OPINIONS PLEASE

Well done you!!! what do you drive MD FORMULA ONE I'm not even going to try and beat that one you devil you, I was told off by my t'other half for getting there in that time Ps dont know if I...
    Well done you!!! what do you drive MD FORMULA ONE I'm not even going to try and beat that one you devil you, I was told off by my t'other half for getting there in that time Ps dont know if I should be talking to you as he's a Newcastle supporter originally from Ryton but now a Cockney Geordie...
    Well done you!!! what do you drive MD FORMULA ONE I'm not even going to try and beat that one you devil you, I was told off by my t'other half for getting there in that time Ps dont know if I should be talking to you as he's a Newcastle...
    Well done you!!! what do you drive MD FORMULA ONE I'm not even going to try and beat that one you devil you, I was told off by my t'other half for getting there in that time Ps dont know if I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. JenniferA
    Like x 3

How are your gardens coping with the dry weather?

That's the first I've heard of it @pete? I'll let you know if there is any, there are still a few patches left on the mountain tops from winter.
    That's the first I've heard of it @pete? I'll let you know if there is any, there are still a few patches left on the mountain tops from winter.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Honey Bee

Frogspawn

Hi David H - and welcome!!!!!Already planned that one - it'll (hopefully) keep the little dalings occupied for a few hours each week.....All the taddies went into the pond from the...
    Hi David H - and welcome!!!!!Already planned that one - it'll (hopefully) keep the little dalings occupied for a few hours each week.....All the taddies went into the pond from the bucket, but have hidden themselves, so we don't know how many have survived.... especially as I saw one...
    Hi David H - and welcome!!!!!Already planned that one - it'll (hopefully) keep the little dalings occupied for a few hours each week.....All the taddies went into the pond from the bucket, but have hidden themselves, so we don't know...
    Hi David H - and welcome!!!!!Already planned that one - it'll (hopefully) keep the little dalings occupied for a few hours each week.....All the taddies went into the pond from the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Verdun
    Like x 3

What's on your wish list or what's new in your garden?

:comfort::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Verdun

Oh eck Brian

The old Service saying still applies........baffles brains, Verdun:dunno::whistle::heehee:
    The old Service saying still applies........baffles brains, Verdun:dunno::whistle::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice