1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What's looking good APRIL 2024 Victoria, Apr 20, 2024 at 11:00 AM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best supplier of compost 2024 gks, Apr 17, 2024 at 9:07 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Annuals that slugs and snails dislike BB3, Apr 19, 2024 at 8:17 PM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Black Dog

[help!] Growing Blackcurrant from single twig

That's great news, just keep it watered and hopefully it will be fine and thanks for the update.
    That's great news, just keep it watered and hopefully it will be fine and thanks for the update.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Jodi Dickinson

Youtube videos

I am thinking of making some youtube videos about gardening. What would people like to see?
    I am thinking of making some youtube videos about gardening. What would people like to see?
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. CharlieBot

Your best bargains 2014

so pleased i got raised bed kits reduced to £25 each instead of £40 at hombase:) oh and a garden stone sculpture reduced from £25 to £12.70 :) mum gave me a tenner so i paid £2.70 heheheh
    so pleased i got raised bed kits reduced to £25 each instead of £40 at hombase:) oh and a garden stone sculpture reduced from £25 to £12.70 :) mum gave me a tenner so i paid £2.70 heheheh
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. petal

Wyevale's Cold Frame

On Monday I bought a flat pack cold frame/propagator from Wyevales on offer at �£14.99. It's an aluminium frame with lightweight polycarb glazed panels and holds six seed trays. However it took...
    On Monday I bought a flat pack cold frame/propagator from Wyevales on offer at �£14.99. It's an aluminium frame with lightweight polycarb glazed panels and holds six seed trays. However it took my husband (adept at flat pack assembly having just put together an Ikea office for our daughter) 2...
    On Monday I bought a flat pack cold frame/propagator from Wyevales on offer at �£14.99. It's an aluminium frame with lightweight polycarb glazed panels and holds six seed trays. However it took my husband (adept at flat pack assembly having...
    On Monday I bought a flat pack cold frame/propagator from Wyevales on offer at �£14.99. It's an aluminium frame with lightweight polycarb glazed panels and holds six seed trays. However it took...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Verdun

Wowee!!

Doghouse, if you're feeling deprived of enough gardening you could always pop down here and give a hand. About four hours a day should help out quite a bit. :blue thumb:
    Doghouse, if you're feeling deprived of enough gardening you could always pop down here and give a hand. About four hours a day should help out quite a bit. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. SuzFlowers

Would you mind neighbour growing rose on your garage wall?

Indeed. That’s modern planning for you. I think they knocked it up on the back of an envelope on a Friday afternoon. But I count my blessings and am just very happy to have my own garden.
    Indeed. That’s modern planning for you. I think they knocked it up on the back of an envelope on a Friday afternoon. But I count my blessings and am just very happy to have my own garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Stingo

Worms

Must have felt inspired by your post, as today, emptied my 'handy' compost bin (kept under the dining room window - so all I have to do is open the window, pull the string to open the lid, then...
    Must have felt inspired by your post, as today, emptied my 'handy' compost bin (kept under the dining room window - so all I have to do is open the window, pull the string to open the lid, then chuck in the peelings!). The top 1/3 or so of it still had loads of worms working away, so I kept...
    Must have felt inspired by your post, as today, emptied my 'handy' compost bin (kept under the dining room window - so all I have to do is open the window, pull the string to open the lid, then chuck in the peelings!). The top 1/3 or so of it...
    Must have felt inspired by your post, as today, emptied my 'handy' compost bin (kept under the dining room window - so all I have to do is open the window, pull the string to open the lid, then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. The Skiver

Wormery

I've recently bought a shredder for all our confidential docs, and I understand you can use that in a wormery too. I rather like the can o worms one but it's very expensive. I might ask for one...
    I've recently bought a shredder for all our confidential docs, and I understand you can use that in a wormery too. I rather like the can o worms one but it's very expensive. I might ask for one for my birthday!
    I've recently bought a shredder for all our confidential docs, and I understand you can use that in a wormery too. I rather like the can o worms one but it's very expensive. I might ask for one for my birthday!
    I've recently bought a shredder for all our confidential docs, and I understand you can use that in a wormery too. I rather like the can o worms one but it's very expensive. I might ask for one...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Andrea Youll

Wooly bear caterpillar

@Nikolaos they are really cute. I've seen them before but never in my garden. I feel honoured
    @Nikolaos they are really cute. I've seen them before but never in my garden. I feel honoured
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sarah Eley

Woolly willow leaf drop

My salix lanata is dropping its leaves which have gone brown.Is that normal?If not, what should I do?It's well established and lives in a pot.
    My salix lanata is dropping its leaves which have gone brown.Is that normal?If not, what should I do?It's well established and lives in a pot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Graham B

Wood preservative for sleepers with a raised bed

Thanks folks.Trunky, that does sound like the same stuff under a different name. I wouldn't expect even untreated softwood to show much deterioration after only a year, so like you say it's not...
    Thanks folks.Trunky, that does sound like the same stuff under a different name. I wouldn't expect even untreated softwood to show much deterioration after only a year, so like you say it's not serious confirmation. It sounds like kind of a chalk wash, and I'm not sure how that would...
    Thanks folks.Trunky, that does sound like the same stuff under a different name. I wouldn't expect even untreated softwood to show much deterioration after only a year, so like you say it's not serious confirmation. It sounds like kind of a...
    Thanks folks.Trunky, that does sound like the same stuff under a different name. I wouldn't expect even untreated softwood to show much deterioration after only a year, so like you say it's not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Joolz

Wood chipping as mulch.

I bought a small shredder and use my chippings as a mulch(all be it on a Beech hedge), just let them compost in a heap for a few weeks and on they go, no problems so far and they are helping keep...
    I bought a small shredder and use my chippings as a mulch(all be it on a Beech hedge), just let them compost in a heap for a few weeks and on they go, no problems so far and they are helping keep the weeds down.
    I bought a small shredder and use my chippings as a mulch(all be it on a Beech hedge), just let them compost in a heap for a few weeks and on they go, no problems so far and they are helping keep the weeds down.
    I bought a small shredder and use my chippings as a mulch(all be it on a Beech hedge), just let them compost in a heap for a few weeks and on they go, no problems so far and they are helping keep...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Sweet-pea66
    Like x 17

Won an award !!!

Thanks Sweet pea...White Supreme is on my list :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Spruce

Wisteria growing into a Golden weeping Willow

I absolutely agree with @Obelix-Vendée for the reasons she has given. The wisteria will be too heavy for all but the biggest of weeping willows.
    I absolutely agree with @Obelix-Vendée for the reasons she has given. The wisteria will be too heavy for all but the biggest of weeping willows.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. neilskeates

WISTERIA

ok thanks. looks like i will have to leave it until next year then.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Mitch66

Winterising strawberry plants in pots

Think the greenhouse will be the best bet judging by replies on here, they were all new plants this year, although the harvest weren`t exceptional, I`m hoping they will do better next year now...
    Think the greenhouse will be the best bet judging by replies on here, they were all new plants this year, although the harvest weren`t exceptional, I`m hoping they will do better next year now they are established. I may drape some bubble wrap over them for good measure. Thanks for the reply
    Think the greenhouse will be the best bet judging by replies on here, they were all new plants this year, although the harvest weren`t exceptional, I`m hoping they will do better next year now they are established. I may drape some bubble wrap...
    Think the greenhouse will be the best bet judging by replies on here, they were all new plants this year, although the harvest weren`t exceptional, I`m hoping they will do better next year now...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Dips

Winter protection planning

Im pretty sure my bottle brush is half hardy.Thank you tho peteThe agapanthus i will do as i have done previous years as they have done better with a bit if protection
    Im pretty sure my bottle brush is half hardy.Thank you tho peteThe agapanthus i will do as i have done previous years as they have done better with a bit if protection
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. jazid

Winter Pots and Planters

Galettes des rois...... how I remember making them with a classful of year 7s.... (11-12 year-olds, that is!A lovely memory, of them all covered in flour, but enjoying themselves! :DA bit...
    Galettes des rois...... how I remember making them with a classful of year 7s.... (11-12 year-olds, that is!A lovely memory, of them all covered in flour, but enjoying themselves! :DA bit off thread, sorry.....
    Galettes des rois...... how I remember making them with a classful of year 7s.... (11-12 year-olds, that is!A lovely memory, of them all covered in flour, but enjoying themselves! :DA bit off thread, sorry.....
    Galettes des rois...... how I remember making them with a classful of year 7s.... (11-12 year-olds, that is!A lovely memory, of them all covered in flour, but enjoying themselves! :DA bit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Pax

Winter Flowers for Bouquet (please help)

Thank you so much Selleri & noisette47 for the information :) By the looks of it maybe growing some orchids and roses alongside ivy could be a nice bouquet for my partner. I really appreciate your...
    Thank you so much Selleri & noisette47 for the information :) By the looks of it maybe growing some orchids and roses alongside ivy could be a nice bouquet for my partner. I really appreciate your help. I'll have a look for some seeds and info on growing themMany thanks and kind regards Pax
    Thank you so much Selleri & noisette47 for the information :) By the looks of it maybe growing some orchids and roses alongside ivy could be a nice bouquet for my partner. I really appreciate your help. I'll have a look for some seeds and info on...
    Thank you so much Selleri & noisette47 for the information :) By the looks of it maybe growing some orchids and roses alongside ivy could be a nice bouquet for my partner. I really appreciate your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Appleblossom31

Winter flowering jasmine

I would be happy with that feed ... so not your fence ? you can buy metal trellis that you can stick in the ground and not touch the fence lots of fancy stuff about so you could make a feature ...
    I would be happy with that feed ... so not your fence ? you can buy metal trellis that you can stick in the ground and not touch the fence lots of fancy stuff about so you could make a feature .... winter jasmine branches are not heavy like climbing roses etc as you can train in the main...
    I would be happy with that feed ... so not your fence ? you can buy metal trellis that you can stick in the ground and not touch the fence lots of fancy stuff about so you could make a feature .... winter jasmine branches are not heavy like...
    I would be happy with that feed ... so not your fence ? you can buy metal trellis that you can stick in the ground and not touch the fence lots of fancy stuff about so you could make a feature ...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice