Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What's looking good MARCH 2024 Busy-Lizzie, Mar 29, 2024 at 7:43 AM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Miracle Gro MPC - avoid! Escarpment, Mar 29, 2024 at 7:42 AM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Slow and steady - Beginner :-) AnniD, Mar 28, 2024 at 10:30 AM
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Irrigation system Fat Controller, Mar 24, 2024 at 8:47 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 28, 2024 at 8:31 PM
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. miraflores

giant poppies

i was recently admiring some giant poppies in a lilac shade and i rmust say it is an impressing plant as well as an impressive flower. I was also noticing that they were growing in a quite rough...
    i was recently admiring some giant poppies in a lilac shade and i rmust say it is an impressing plant as well as an impressive flower. I was also noticing that they were growing in a quite rough terrain, where you would expect to see a camomile plant for example. Can you tell me some more about...
    i was recently admiring some giant poppies in a lilac shade and i rmust say it is an impressing plant as well as an impressive flower. I was also noticing that they were growing in a quite rough terrain, where you would expect to see a camomile...
    i was recently admiring some giant poppies in a lilac shade and i rmust say it is an impressing plant as well as an impressive flower. I was also noticing that they were growing in a quite rough...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. roders

Is the rain washing out the nutrients from the soil?

Some of my runner bean plants are reaching 13ft-14ft now. Flowers only just coming and I'm waiting to see my first bean. I'll give them an inspection today. :blue thumb:
    Some of my runner bean plants are reaching 13ft-14ft now. Flowers only just coming and I'm waiting to see my first bean. I'll give them an inspection today. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. lulzrawr

2' x 6' Seedling Heat Mat

TSC sells 2 x4' mats. check it out online. .. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Hayley1983

Help! Lumpy lawn.

90% of lawns in this country are not to sports standard and most domestic rear rollers don't have a great deal of weight behind them unlike machines used on football, golf, cricket, race courses....
    90% of lawns in this country are not to sports standard and most domestic rear rollers don't have a great deal of weight behind them unlike machines used on football, golf, cricket, race courses. A typical Hayter 48 weighs in at around 49kg but the load on the rear roller is less than that as an...
    90% of lawns in this country are not to sports standard and most domestic rear rollers don't have a great deal of weight behind them unlike machines used on football, golf, cricket, race courses. A typical Hayter 48 weighs in at around 49kg but...
    90% of lawns in this country are not to sports standard and most domestic rear rollers don't have a great deal of weight behind them unlike machines used on football, golf, cricket, race courses....
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Beckie76
    Like x 21

Beckie's garden!

I bought one from Aldi last year, hope mine turns out as pretty as yours :spinning:
    I bought one from Aldi last year, hope mine turns out as pretty as yours :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. weas3l

Dahlia Giveaway

Hi everyone, thanks for your replies and sincere apologies for getting back to you so late. Unfortunately when I lifted the bulbs they had all rotted away for some strange reason. I had them...
    Hi everyone, thanks for your replies and sincere apologies for getting back to you so late. Unfortunately when I lifted the bulbs they had all rotted away for some strange reason. I had them covered over in the winter with plenty of ventilation and when I lifted them every single one was rotten...
    Hi everyone, thanks for your replies and sincere apologies for getting back to you so late. Unfortunately when I lifted the bulbs they had all rotted away for some strange reason. I had them covered over in the winter with plenty of ventilation...
    Hi everyone, thanks for your replies and sincere apologies for getting back to you so late. Unfortunately when I lifted the bulbs they had all rotted away for some strange reason. I had them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Ben James

Container plants that flower during autumn/winter?

I actually have a plethora of pots, most of which will not be used this summer (gifts from a downsizing sister in law!). So they'll likely be plopped straight into these new containers rather than...
    I actually have a plethora of pots, most of which will not be used this summer (gifts from a downsizing sister in law!). So they'll likely be plopped straight into these new containers rather than any of the summer pots.
    I actually have a plethora of pots, most of which will not be used this summer (gifts from a downsizing sister in law!). So they'll likely be plopped straight into these new containers rather than any of the summer pots.
    I actually have a plethora of pots, most of which will not be used this summer (gifts from a downsizing sister in law!). So they'll likely be plopped straight into these new containers rather than...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. miraflores

"black" tulips

These are the same flower taken at the same time, the top one lit from the front the bottom one lit from behind.
    These are the same flower taken at the same time, the top one lit from the front the bottom one lit from behind.
    Tulipa-Queen-of-Night_8086_1280_1280.jpg t2.JPG t1.JPG P1020277.JPG P1020276.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Mr_slinky_dragon

Canary island Sonchus species.

I brought mine from rareplants.es and are from seed (i have loads! which im trying to sell on ebay/word of mouth) ive seen congestus (and a few others) in tenerife. i just love these plants! dont...
    I brought mine from rareplants.es and are from seed (i have loads! which im trying to sell on ebay/word of mouth) ive seen congestus (and a few others) in tenerife. i just love these plants! dont know why but i do!ive had congestus in the past (from blackhalls) but got a major case of...
    I brought mine from rareplants.es and are from seed (i have loads! which im trying to sell on ebay/word of mouth) ive seen congestus (and a few others) in tenerife. i just love these plants! dont know why but i do!ive had congestus in the past...
    I brought mine from rareplants.es and are from seed (i have loads! which im trying to sell on ebay/word of mouth) ive seen congestus (and a few others) in tenerife. i just love these plants! dont...
    2015_10160008.JPG 13103310_972573749477309_234981984999348494_n.jpg 13118881_972574472810570_8741848457273168443_n.jpg 13179063_972574499477234_3455023239815153530_n.jpg arborus1.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. leeski

Tomato flowers

I was thinking that myself thanks for heads up will have to move things about.when greenhouse was empty I thought it was massive and I had plenty of room but it's nearly full and I have got 15...
    I was thinking that myself thanks for heads up will have to move things about.when greenhouse was empty I thought it was massive and I had plenty of room but it's nearly full and I have got 15 chilli plants that are still indoors
    I was thinking that myself thanks for heads up will have to move things about.when greenhouse was empty I thought it was massive and I had plenty of room but it's nearly full and I have got 15 chilli plants that are still indoors
    I was thinking that myself thanks for heads up will have to move things about.when greenhouse was empty I thought it was massive and I had plenty of room but it's nearly full and I have got 15...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Car.crash

Help diluting from concentrate

Put up string lines to the width of your sprayer over your lawn
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Gorguruga

How to evenly distribute & maintain my Ivy Hedge?

Any ideas or thoughts about this please? :ThankYou:Also concerned that the actual stem of the hedge has deteriorated completely (as can be seen behind the green wheelie bin) and that the whole hedge might...
    Any ideas or thoughts about this please? :ThankYou:Also concerned that the actual stem of the hedge has deteriorated completely (as can be seen behind the green wheelie bin) and that the whole hedge might eventually disappear and crumble unless I take some action?
    Any ideas or thoughts about this please? :ThankYou:Also concerned that the actual stem of the hedge has deteriorated completely (as can be seen behind the green wheelie bin) and that the whole hedge might eventually disappear and crumble unless I take...
    Any ideas or thoughts about this please? :ThankYou:Also concerned that the actual stem of the hedge has deteriorated completely (as can be seen behind the green wheelie bin) and that the whole hedge might...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Firamsden

Hebe help

These plants really do thrive in the winter months and look far more fantastic in the winter light- my personal opinion is that it needs time to adjust to its surroundings.
    These plants really do thrive in the winter months and look far more fantastic in the winter light- my personal opinion is that it needs time to adjust to its surroundings.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. silu
    Funny x 3

Some plants should come with a government warning!

...and that's a bad thing? :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. miraflores

waste water/ boiled water

As long as she hasn't reached her 13th birthday ... there is still hope!! :heehee: Negotiate ;)
    As long as she hasn't reached her 13th birthday ... there is still hope!! :heehee: Negotiate ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. miraflores

flower display

now I have a word in favour of the yellow wallflower: it looks great alongside purple irises with yellow throat, maybe positioned a bit higher since the irises are taller
    now I have a word in favour of the yellow wallflower: it looks great alongside purple irises with yellow throat, maybe positioned a bit higher since the irises are taller
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. miraflores
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. kate porritt

Help with acer please

Have a look at this video which tells you how to repot and root prune :)It's best done whilst the plant is dormant, so not sure if you can do it now without damaging the plant, but perhaps...
    Have a look at this video which tells you how to repot and root prune :)It's best done whilst the plant is dormant, so not sure if you can do it now without damaging the plant, but perhaps @whis4ey or some other Acer expert can advise.For any other plant I just use a gardening saw and hack...
    Have a look at this video which tells you how to repot and root prune :)It's best done whilst the plant is dormant, so not sure if you can do it now without damaging the plant, but perhaps @whis4ey or some other Acer expert can advise.For any...
    Have a look at this video which tells you how to repot and root prune :)It's best done whilst the plant is dormant, so not sure if you can do it now without damaging the plant, but perhaps...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Whiley

Highly scented indoor plants

now with this environmental friendly this and that, the air fresheners will soon disappear
    now with this environmental friendly this and that, the air fresheners will soon disappear
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Dunkle

Help still needed with planter at front of house

Guess if went with fuchsias I'd not need them to be overly hardy as the wall / window gives good protection from frostSent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Guess if went with fuchsias I'd not need them to be overly hardy as the wall / window gives good protection from frostSent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice