1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What are we doing in the garden 2024 Februarysgirl, Apr 19, 2024 at 3:52 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best supplier of compost 2024 gks, Apr 17, 2024 at 9:07 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Annuals that slugs and snails dislike berarde, Apr 18, 2024 at 11:10 AM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Perki

Overwintering GH or garage ?

That's dedication for you, sleeping with your plants to keep them warm!:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Esoxlucius

Frost/wind protection

This is a picture I've just taken just to give you an idea of the set up. The purpose of the wood framework is to simply give it more height. When it rains heavily the rain leaks in through the...
    This is a picture I've just taken just to give you an idea of the set up. The purpose of the wood framework is to simply give it more height. When it rains heavily the rain leaks in through the gaps between the wood/tub/top sheet and then pools in the bottom, hence my idea to shrink wrap around...
    This is a picture I've just taken just to give you an idea of the set up. The purpose of the wood framework is to simply give it more height. When it rains heavily the rain leaks in through the gaps between the wood/tub/top sheet and then pools...
    This is a picture I've just taken just to give you an idea of the set up. The purpose of the wood framework is to simply give it more height. When it rains heavily the rain leaks in through the...
    IMG_20231015_141510_HDR.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. burnie

Have you seen this or tried it?

Out Of Town...Wow! takes me back to my childhood, my Dad always watched it.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. TheMadHedger

Spring flowering bulbs - best places to buy online?

JParkers are very good and reliable, they also tell very clearly what you'll get and when it's delivered.The best tip is to buy now whatever you absolutely must have and for the more standard...
    JParkers are very good and reliable, they also tell very clearly what you'll get and when it's delivered.The best tip is to buy now whatever you absolutely must have and for the more standard bulbs (the Daffs and Tulips you want many of but are not that particular about the variety) in late...
    JParkers are very good and reliable, they also tell very clearly what you'll get and when it's delivered.The best tip is to buy now whatever you absolutely must have and for the more standard bulbs (the Daffs and Tulips you want many of but...
    JParkers are very good and reliable, they also tell very clearly what you'll get and when it's delivered.The best tip is to buy now whatever you absolutely must have and for the more standard...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Purple Streaks

Farmer Gracy.....would you recommend?

I have received my small order from farmer grace plus a free tote bag, which will come in handy! The bulbs are excellent condition so I shall see how they flower .
    I have received my small order from farmer grace plus a free tote bag, which will come in handy! The bulbs are excellent condition so I shall see how they flower .
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Alan Richardson

Ceanothus Puget Blue Californian Lilac 'Concha'

Thankyou for the info, I'll get pruning ASAP. North Lincolnshire here
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Esoxlucius

Houseplants....outside!

I tend to put them outside (north side of the house) when they get too big or too many pests (usually mealy bug). It's a kind of last chance. I have a Cissus vine on my back hedge which has...
    I tend to put them outside (north side of the house) when they get too big or too many pests (usually mealy bug). It's a kind of last chance. I have a Cissus vine on my back hedge which has survived for years. I thought it was a goner after last winter's frost but it has come back. Bear in mind...
    I tend to put them outside (north side of the house) when they get too big or too many pests (usually mealy bug). It's a kind of last chance. I have a Cissus vine on my back hedge which has survived for years. I thought it was a goner after last...
    I tend to put them outside (north side of the house) when they get too big or too many pests (usually mealy bug). It's a kind of last chance. I have a Cissus vine on my back hedge which has...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Grandma Sue

Cold Frame!

Depends on the build of your cold frame, but sounds like it would benefit from one of these automatic openers, does not have to be used in the typical top vent way, just using the arm/pushrod to...
    Depends on the build of your cold frame, but sounds like it would benefit from one of these automatic openers, does not have to be used in the typical top vent way, just using the arm/pushrod to open and close a door ?
    Depends on the build of your cold frame, but sounds like it would benefit from one of these automatic openers, does not have to be used in the typical top vent way, just using the arm/pushrod to open and close a door ?
    Depends on the build of your cold frame, but sounds like it would benefit from one of these automatic openers, does not have to be used in the typical top vent way, just using the arm/pushrod to...
    001801.jpg 001800.jpg 001803.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Zola

What's the best way to keep the edges sharp, with the lawn creeping over patio

As others said there were two identical threads unfortunately both had replies. I merged them around the time you looked so maybe it looked odd for a minute. All OK now.
    As others said there were two identical threads unfortunately both had replies. I merged them around the time you looked so maybe it looked odd for a minute. All OK now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Purple Streaks

lawn getting large yellow patches ????

It is the grass itself what is turning a bright yellow but in some areas it is where we had fungi growing earlier on.
    It is the grass itself what is turning a bright yellow but in some areas it is where we had fungi growing earlier on.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Danny30

David Austin Rose Shrub Eventual Size

Good morning @Danny30 you get a lot of Roses that can be short climbers the height of the Rose is determined by how tall you want it to grow in many cases a good example is the Rose "Queen...
    Good morning @Danny30 you get a lot of Roses that can be short climbers the height of the Rose is determined by how tall you want it to grow in many cases a good example is the Rose "Queen Elizabeth" I have one I grow as a climber (6/7ft)and one that I grow as a shrub which I keep at 4ft
    Good morning @Danny30 you get a lot of Roses that can be short climbers the height of the Rose is determined by how tall you want it to grow in many cases a good example is the Rose "Queen Elizabeth" I have one I grow as a climber (6/7ft)and one...
    Good morning @Danny30 you get a lot of Roses that can be short climbers the height of the Rose is determined by how tall you want it to grow in many cases a good example is the Rose "Queen...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Esoxlucius

Dwarf hydrangeas

Hi you can The best time to plant hydrangeas is in spring or autumn, when the soil is warm and moist. Look at this site it should helpBBC Gardeners World...
    Hi you can The best time to plant hydrangeas is in spring or autumn, when the soil is warm and moist. Look at this site it should helpBBC Gardeners World Magazine https://www.gardenersorld.com/how-to/grow-plants/how-to-grow-hydra… How to grow hydrangeas - BBC Gardeners …
    Hi you can The best time to plant hydrangeas is in spring or autumn, when the soil is warm and moist. Look at this site it should helpBBC Gardeners World Magazine https://www.gardenersorld.com/how-to/grow-plants/how-to-grow-hydra… How to grow...
    Hi you can The best time to plant hydrangeas is in spring or autumn, when the soil is warm and moist. Look at this site it should helpBBC Gardeners World...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. NoviceGardener2023

Removing Grass Growing Between Pavers

It's banned for sale to the general public but can be bought with an EPP LicenceExplosives precursors and poisons licences: application guidance
    It's banned for sale to the general public but can be bought with an EPP LicenceExplosives precursors and poisons licences: application guidance
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Spruce

Salvia Patens sowing from seed any tips please

Patens is slow to flower but like many plants will just grow (foliage, stems and leaves) FIRST and then, as the light decreases, it will flower. My Patens are just starting now. My Beyond Blue...
    Patens is slow to flower but like many plants will just grow (foliage, stems and leaves) FIRST and then, as the light decreases, it will flower. My Patens are just starting now. My Beyond Blue have almost finished and I think they are derived from Patens. I've been collecting salvia seed for...
    Patens is slow to flower but like many plants will just grow (foliage, stems and leaves) FIRST and then, as the light decreases, it will flower. My Patens are just starting now. My Beyond Blue have almost finished and I think they are derived...
    Patens is slow to flower but like many plants will just grow (foliage, stems and leaves) FIRST and then, as the light decreases, it will flower. My Patens are just starting now. My Beyond Blue...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Bear1

Best hedge

I'm going to go against the grain :biggrin:Instead of making a suggestion, I would ask what look the person wants.So, what look are we going for?And what would fit in with the surroundings?We know...
    I'm going to go against the grain :biggrin:Instead of making a suggestion, I would ask what look the person wants.So, what look are we going for?And what would fit in with the surroundings?We know we're looking for low maintenance but that doesn't really narrow it down that much.Are we going...
    I'm going to go against the grain :biggrin:Instead of making a suggestion, I would ask what look the person wants.So, what look are we going for?And what would fit in with the surroundings?We know we're looking for low maintenance but that doesn't...
    I'm going to go against the grain :biggrin:Instead of making a suggestion, I would ask what look the person wants.So, what look are we going for?And what would fit in with the surroundings?We know...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Shyamalie Satkunanandan

Fox urine - how to deter foxes and save the roses they are killing =_(

I have foxes around here and although they might dig around a bit I doubt they would be the reason the leaves have fallen off your roses. Maybe the roses need a thin out as you say they are...
    I have foxes around here and although they might dig around a bit I doubt they would be the reason the leaves have fallen off your roses. Maybe the roses need a thin out as you say they are overgrown, just wonder if its more to do with a fungal disease. I agree bonemeal etc. will actually...
    I have foxes around here and although they might dig around a bit I doubt they would be the reason the leaves have fallen off your roses. Maybe the roses need a thin out as you say they are overgrown, just wonder if its more to do with a fungal...
    I have foxes around here and although they might dig around a bit I doubt they would be the reason the leaves have fallen off your roses. Maybe the roses need a thin out as you say they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Pellin

Fushia help please

Hi,Be better with a general Balanced fertiliser for now as you want growth rather than flowers which is what Tomorite is for with its high Potash.We have Genni in the garden, seems bombproof,...
    Hi,Be better with a general Balanced fertiliser for now as you want growth rather than flowers which is what Tomorite is for with its high Potash.We have Genni in the garden, seems bombproof, looking grand at the moment with its almost yellow leaves and the buds ready to open, about 60cm round.
    Hi,Be better with a general Balanced fertiliser for now as you want growth rather than flowers which is what Tomorite is for with its high Potash.We have Genni in the garden, seems bombproof, looking grand at the moment with its almost yellow...
    Hi,Be better with a general Balanced fertiliser for now as you want growth rather than flowers which is what Tomorite is for with its high Potash.We have Genni in the garden, seems bombproof,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Kimmelg

PLEASE HELP! INVASIVE BAMBOO!

I've got a 5 ltr can of Gallup and I gave some of it away, I doubt I will use it all in my lifetime. Its was only around 30 quid before covid, for some reason now stupid prices.I'm not keen on...
    I've got a 5 ltr can of Gallup and I gave some of it away, I doubt I will use it all in my lifetime. Its was only around 30 quid before covid, for some reason now stupid prices.I'm not keen on overdosing anything to a great degree with this stuff even though they say it breaks down when it...
    I've got a 5 ltr can of Gallup and I gave some of it away, I doubt I will use it all in my lifetime. Its was only around 30 quid before covid, for some reason now stupid prices.I'm not keen on overdosing anything to a great degree with this...
    I've got a 5 ltr can of Gallup and I gave some of it away, I doubt I will use it all in my lifetime. Its was only around 30 quid before covid, for some reason now stupid prices.I'm not keen on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Morro

Overgrown Cistus

Hi,Its not a plant we have grown and as you say they typically only respond to cutting back this years tender new growth and do not like being cut back into old wood, which it sounds like you...
    Hi,Its not a plant we have grown and as you say they typically only respond to cutting back this years tender new growth and do not like being cut back into old wood, which it sounds like you need to do to overcome your shading problem.Think your only solution is to either buy a small new...
    Hi,Its not a plant we have grown and as you say they typically only respond to cutting back this years tender new growth and do not like being cut back into old wood, which it sounds like you need to do to overcome your shading...
    Hi,Its not a plant we have grown and as you say they typically only respond to cutting back this years tender new growth and do not like being cut back into old wood, which it sounds like you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. CherryBlossomFan

Buxus Sempervirens box blight?

Hi CBF Glad to hear that the Box is better! You could cut out some expense by just using Bacillus thuringiensis and a general-purpose fertiliser like Growmore
    Hi CBF Glad to hear that the Box is better! You could cut out some expense by just using Bacillus thuringiensis and a general-purpose fertiliser like Growmore
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice