1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What are we doing in the garden 2024 lizzie27, Apr 24, 2024 at 9:33 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Which soil improver? fairygirl, Apr 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best tool for trimming edges of lawn amancalledgeorge, Apr 22, 2024 at 12:27 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Oh Dear! Goldenlily26, Apr 24, 2024 at 11:48 AM
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Anthony Rogers

Crown Imperial Fritillary

:dunno::heehee:.........the things I miss in Life!!:snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. macandal

Watering during a drought

Thanks for the information macandal. :) Surprisingly your typical summer temperatures are at least 10 degrees lower than I would have thought in your area, but we learn something new every day.I...
    Thanks for the information macandal. :) Surprisingly your typical summer temperatures are at least 10 degrees lower than I would have thought in your area, but we learn something new every day.I would say you can get away without watering the roses, apples and lemons for two to three weeks or...
    Thanks for the information macandal. :) Surprisingly your typical summer temperatures are at least 10 degrees lower than I would have thought in your area, but we learn something new every day.I would say you can get away without watering the...
    Thanks for the information macandal. :) Surprisingly your typical summer temperatures are at least 10 degrees lower than I would have thought in your area, but we learn something new every day.I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. roders

Will Giles.......Dies.

Yes heard of this last month, so sad I was going to visit his garden this year too. Nice obituary in the guardian though
    Yes heard of this last month, so sad I was going to visit his garden this year too. Nice obituary in the guardian though
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Dips

Winter protection planning

Im pretty sure my bottle brush is half hardy.Thank you tho peteThe agapanthus i will do as i have done previous years as they have done better with a bit if protection
    Im pretty sure my bottle brush is half hardy.Thank you tho peteThe agapanthus i will do as i have done previous years as they have done better with a bit if protection
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Wilki6467

Help with my lawn

I would seed the patches. This can be done up until mid-autumn or in mid-spring.
    I would seed the patches. This can be done up until mid-autumn or in mid-spring.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. NorthantsGeezer

Has anyone used one of these .........

£4 at Wilko, Ramsgate a couple of day ago.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. jennywren

Hacking back a hydrangea

Many thanks @wiseowl - tea first then a severe cutting it is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. regional

where to buy the best bulbs

Welcome. Another vote for Wilkinsons from me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. weas3l

Begonia Apricot Shades

You can overwinter Begonia tubers but you need to dry them off in a month or so. Slowly allowing the stems and leaves to fall away.Its then best to rub the compost away from the tubers and...
    You can overwinter Begonia tubers but you need to dry them off in a month or so. Slowly allowing the stems and leaves to fall away.Its then best to rub the compost away from the tubers and give them a look over. Vine weevil like the tubers and might well be in there, munching away.If all...
    You can overwinter Begonia tubers but you need to dry them off in a month or so. Slowly allowing the stems and leaves to fall away.Its then best to rub the compost away from the tubers and give them a look over. Vine weevil like the tubers...
    You can overwinter Begonia tubers but you need to dry them off in a month or so. Slowly allowing the stems and leaves to fall away.Its then best to rub the compost away from the tubers and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. weas3l

Plant with the name Patrick

I did an rhs search and there are loads or orchidsBut there is dianthus patrick or gazania patrickThere is also Pulmonaria 'Patrick Bates' and Narcissus 'Patrick Hacket' (1)And Erica...
    I did an rhs search and there are loads or orchidsBut there is dianthus patrick or gazania patrickThere is also Pulmonaria 'Patrick Bates' and Narcissus 'Patrick Hacket' (1)And Erica cinerea 'P.s. Patrick' Which is really pretty
    I did an rhs search and there are loads or orchidsBut there is dianthus patrick or gazania patrickThere is also Pulmonaria 'Patrick Bates' and Narcissus 'Patrick Hacket' (1)And Erica cinerea 'P.s. Patrick' Which is really pretty
    I did an rhs search and there are loads or orchidsBut there is dianthus patrick or gazania patrickThere is also Pulmonaria 'Patrick Bates' and Narcissus 'Patrick Hacket' (1)And Erica...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Fairyvegmother

Could I have organic crops?

Weetam, thank you for this. I will make that call. I vaguely recall something on TV about asking council regarding waste ground and if there's a local group of 10!you can ask them if you can use...
    Weetam, thank you for this. I will make that call. I vaguely recall something on TV about asking council regarding waste ground and if there's a local group of 10!you can ask them if you can use that to grow vegetablea etc?
    Weetam, thank you for this. I will make that call. I vaguely recall something on TV about asking council regarding waste ground and if there's a local group of 10!you can ask them if you can use that to grow vegetablea etc?
    Weetam, thank you for this. I will make that call. I vaguely recall something on TV about asking council regarding waste ground and if there's a local group of 10!you can ask them if you can use...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. kindredspirit
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Fairyvegmother

Sprouts Ahoy

Thanks so much, I suppose it's a learning curve. I won't be giving up no way, I'm enjoying it too much haha. Thanks
    Thanks so much, I suppose it's a learning curve. I won't be giving up no way, I'm enjoying it too much haha. Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. cr1tical

Alliums from seed?

Thank you both, I'll think about it! Never been very good at long term garden projects.
    Thank you both, I'll think about it! Never been very good at long term garden projects.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. jennywren

Chilli Peppers and Swedes

Thanks for the information. The chillies started to ripen the minute I posted up about them not ripening! As they turn bright red I pick them but must admit I thought they would have more of a...
    Thanks for the information. The chillies started to ripen the minute I posted up about them not ripening! As they turn bright red I pick them but must admit I thought they would have more of a kick than they do.Neeps - well we had the first rain for months so they might get a move on. Oops...
    Thanks for the information. The chillies started to ripen the minute I posted up about them not ripening! As they turn bright red I pick them but must admit I thought they would have more of a kick than they do.Neeps - well we had the first...
    Thanks for the information. The chillies started to ripen the minute I posted up about them not ripening! As they turn bright red I pick them but must admit I thought they would have more of a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. FenwickGardener

Garden Ornaments

hello everyone, I'm a BBC Radio 4 reporter and I'm making a feature about gardening trends. I'm told that the popularity of garden ornaments in growing and I'd be keen to talk to anyone who is...
    hello everyone, I'm a BBC Radio 4 reporter and I'm making a feature about gardening trends. I'm told that the popularity of garden ornaments in growing and I'd be keen to talk to anyone who is keen on decorating their gardens with different types of ornament. I'm looking forward to hearing...
    hello everyone, I'm a BBC Radio 4 reporter and I'm making a feature about gardening trends. I'm told that the popularity of garden ornaments in growing and I'd be keen to talk to anyone who is keen on decorating their gardens with different...
    hello everyone, I'm a BBC Radio 4 reporter and I'm making a feature about gardening trends. I'm told that the popularity of garden ornaments in growing and I'd be keen to talk to anyone who is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Mowerman

Weed Killers You Use and Recommend

I pity the poor soul who gets me to eat :) Old tough meat but I might be okay for a nice bit of crackling! And whoever is reading this the wrong way, go scrub your minds clean! :heehee:
    I pity the poor soul who gets me to eat :) Old tough meat but I might be okay for a nice bit of crackling! And whoever is reading this the wrong way, go scrub your minds clean! :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. tonykhuong

Why is Amaryllis not blooming?

First of all are they Amaryllis ( outdoor plants that flower Aug to Oct ) or Hippeastrum ( indoor plants that flower from Dec to April / May ).
    First of all are they Amaryllis ( outdoor plants that flower Aug to Oct ) or Hippeastrum ( indoor plants that flower from Dec to April / May ).
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Anthony Rogers
    Like x 8

Larkspur ( Delphinium )

:wow: Fantastic photos @Anthony Rogers :dbgrtmb:. Delphinium is one of my most favourite flowers :dbgrtmb:
    :wow: Fantastic photos @Anthony Rogers :dbgrtmb:. Delphinium is one of my most favourite flowers :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. truongthanh

Does anyone dry flowers?

Just thought I'd share this with you.......A whole field full of Delphinium grown for drying.
    Just thought I'd share this with you.......A whole field full of Delphinium grown for drying.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice