1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What's looking good APRIL 2024 Escarpment, Apr 20, 2024 at 3:33 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best supplier of compost 2024 gks, Apr 17, 2024 at 9:07 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Annuals that slugs and snails dislike BB3, Apr 19, 2024 at 8:17 PM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. hans
    Like x 3

Never too old to learn

And this sole plant is way ahead of my this years grown from seed. I only grow them for fun and the interest. I give some to family. Did no know they are perennials. I will probably do the same...
    And this sole plant is way ahead of my this years grown from seed. I only grow them for fun and the interest. I give some to family. Did no know they are perennials. I will probably do the same next year Peppers perhaps? worth a try. I do love peppers all year round but quite expensive sometimes.
    And this sole plant is way ahead of my this years grown from seed. I only grow them for fun and the interest. I give some to family. Did no know they are perennials. I will probably do the same next year Peppers perhaps? worth a try. I do love...
    And this sole plant is way ahead of my this years grown from seed. I only grow them for fun and the interest. I give some to family. Did no know they are perennials. I will probably do the same...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Savant

Acanthus Mollis

Any thing with shiney leaves, i use my big feet and crush the leaves as much as pos then give it a spray of weedkiller
    Any thing with shiney leaves, i use my big feet and crush the leaves as much as pos then give it a spray of weedkiller
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Matt Stone

Shady Climbers: Specific location

I agreen NCF, but I wouldn't have plastic Bamboo in my garden!!:nonofinger::dunno::whistle::heehee:
    I agreen NCF, but I wouldn't have plastic Bamboo in my garden!!:nonofinger::dunno::whistle::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. amymac78

Rescued Rhododendron

I would definitely take off anything thats dead as this may cause the plant to rot, I would also give it a feed with some ericaceous plant feed, but that may cost more than the plant itself.
    I would definitely take off anything thats dead as this may cause the plant to rot, I would also give it a feed with some ericaceous plant feed, but that may cost more than the plant itself.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ennnceee

Chit potatoes?

Ideally, this would have been done some time ago, so best to just stick them in the ground now.
    Ideally, this would have been done some time ago, so best to just stick them in the ground now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. KevBush

Improving my lawn..

Either of those 2, all in one or evergreen will do fine.I don't buy those because I'm a tight :lolpt: and the wilko's stuff is only £1.99. I also use there grass seed to over seed too which is...
    Either of those 2, all in one or evergreen will do fine.I don't buy those because I'm a tight :lolpt: and the wilko's stuff is only £1.99. I also use there grass seed to over seed too which is cheap. Just remember to follow the instructions on the back and don't be tempted to use more:)
    Either of those 2, all in one or evergreen will do fine.I don't buy those because I'm a tight :lolpt: and the wilko's stuff is only £1.99. I also use there grass seed to over seed too which is cheap. Just remember to follow the instructions on the back...
    Either of those 2, all in one or evergreen will do fine.I don't buy those because I'm a tight :lolpt: and the wilko's stuff is only £1.99. I also use there grass seed to over seed too which is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. KevBush

Grass ID?

I'm impressed John. :dbgrtmb: I wouldn't know one from another unless it's couch grass. :)
    I'm impressed John. :dbgrtmb: I wouldn't know one from another unless it's couch grass. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. JackJJW

Alchemilla mollis - crisping leaf edges

I have Achilles Mollis full length on either side of my front path and it flourishes reliably every year. I think that's because it likes some shade and moisture [my House is North facing] while...
    I have Achilles Mollis full length on either side of my front path and it flourishes reliably every year. I think that's because it likes some shade and moisture [my House is North facing] while not liking it permanently wet. So I think your problem has been the Achilles Mollis drying out at...
    I have Achilles Mollis full length on either side of my front path and it flourishes reliably every year. I think that's because it likes some shade and moisture [my House is North facing] while not liking it permanently wet. So I think your...
    I have Achilles Mollis full length on either side of my front path and it flourishes reliably every year. I think that's because it likes some shade and moisture [my House is North facing] while...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. SimonZ

the role of green belt, insects and more in agriculture,gardens&health

I would like to ask for some clarity, a kind of brief "idiot's guide" if you like, to the role of wildlife, the importance of wildlife corridors and urban green belt, and the significance of...
    I would like to ask for some clarity, a kind of brief "idiot's guide" if you like, to the role of wildlife, the importance of wildlife corridors and urban green belt, and the significance of individual animals, in the overall environment, and the growing of crops.This is not an attempt to get...
    I would like to ask for some clarity, a kind of brief "idiot's guide" if you like, to the role of wildlife, the importance of wildlife corridors and urban green belt, and the significance of individual animals, in the overall environment, and the...
    I would like to ask for some clarity, a kind of brief "idiot's guide" if you like, to the role of wildlife, the importance of wildlife corridors and urban green belt, and the significance of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Ellie Jones

Desperate for a phoenix... The Lawn has to go but.......

Just waiting for the main material to be delivered, then we're really on the home stretch for the structural work...But here's some more photo's...This is the state of the wall we took...
    Just waiting for the main material to be delivered, then we're really on the home stretch for the structural work...But here's some more photo's...This is the state of the wall we took out..As you can see poorly laid, mortar falling out, and no weep holes to let any water out from...
    Just waiting for the main material to be delivered, then we're really on the home stretch for the structural work...But here's some more photo's...This is the state of the wall we took out..As you can see poorly laid, mortar falling...
    Just waiting for the main material to be delivered, then we're really on the home stretch for the structural work...But here's some more photo's...This is the state of the wall we took...
    012 (480x640).jpg garden project 005 (640x480).jpg PICT0050 (640x480).jpg PICT0053 (640x480).jpg PICT0048 (640x480).jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Gemma

Waterlogged Garden

I agree with Spruce, there is nothing you can do unless you dig it up. Drainage channels are a good idea and digging sand or gravel into the soil will help with drainage too.
    I agree with Spruce, there is nothing you can do unless you dig it up. Drainage channels are a good idea and digging sand or gravel into the soil will help with drainage too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Dips

Could i plant these at the bottom of the hedge?

Oooh thats what i am doing :-) great minds spruce ;-)My hedge isnt straight so currently im digging a bed out the same width away from the hedge all the way a long but ita making the lawn look...
    Oooh thats what i am doing :-) great minds spruce ;-)My hedge isnt straight so currently im digging a bed out the same width away from the hedge all the way a long but ita making the lawn look wobbly and not in a designed waySo once i have finished digging it out all the way a long im...
    Oooh thats what i am doing :-) great minds spruce ;-)My hedge isnt straight so currently im digging a bed out the same width away from the hedge all the way a long but ita making the lawn look wobbly and not in a designed waySo once i have...
    Oooh thats what i am doing :-) great minds spruce ;-)My hedge isnt straight so currently im digging a bed out the same width away from the hedge all the way a long but ita making the lawn look...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. bexy13

What is growing in the garden today?

Hi allSo I would like some advice as to what I can plant in pots as I am going to have my garden landscaped and a proper greenhouse in too. I have a make shift greenhouse that my mum came up...
    Hi allSo I would like some advice as to what I can plant in pots as I am going to have my garden landscaped and a proper greenhouse in too. I have a make shift greenhouse that my mum came up with to germinate the seeds and I was also wondering how everyone else's plants are doing [emoji12]
    Hi allSo I would like some advice as to what I can plant in pots as I am going to have my garden landscaped and a proper greenhouse in too. I have a make shift greenhouse that my mum came up with to germinate the seeds and I was also wondering...
    Hi allSo I would like some advice as to what I can plant in pots as I am going to have my garden landscaped and a proper greenhouse in too. I have a make shift greenhouse that my mum came up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. HarryS

Brookside Nursery Free Post !

Mine arrived today in very good order:
    xDSCN1156.JPG 20140402-P4020098.jpg 20140402-P4020100.jpg DSCN1039_cr.jpg 20150408-P4080051.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. bex chennell

help how much soil do I need

And a Cubic yard is normally reckoned to be a ton.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. bex chennell

help needed

Good morning @bex chennell I have worked it out at 2.0 cubic yards of soil;):phew::phew:
    Good morning @bex chennell I have worked it out at 2.0 cubic yards of soil;):phew::phew:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. CharlieBot
    Like x 6

Wedding Flower Diary

Hi @CharlieBot, blinking slugs do like to eat delphiniums, how about trying some copper tape or broken egg shells around the bottom of the plants? I find with my delphiniums once they reach a...
    Hi @CharlieBot, blinking slugs do like to eat delphiniums, how about trying some copper tape or broken egg shells around the bottom of the plants? I find with my delphiniums once they reach a reasonable size the slugs seem to leave them alone, good luck
    Hi @CharlieBot, blinking slugs do like to eat delphiniums, how about trying some copper tape or broken egg shells around the bottom of the plants? I find with my delphiniums once they reach a reasonable size the slugs seem to leave them alone,...
    Hi @CharlieBot, blinking slugs do like to eat delphiniums, how about trying some copper tape or broken egg shells around the bottom of the plants? I find with my delphiniums once they reach a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. fred mason

BOUGAINVILLEAS

Thanks for your comments, I bought the seed in Cala Dor on holiday 2 years ago. I have taken a cutting from my tallest plant and it seems ok. I have them in the house at the moment. How often do...
    Thanks for your comments, I bought the seed in Cala Dor on holiday 2 years ago. I have taken a cutting from my tallest plant and it seems ok. I have them in the house at the moment. How often do you water them, and I intend putting them in my unheated greenhouse later in the Summer. any more...
    Thanks for your comments, I bought the seed in Cala Dor on holiday 2 years ago. I have taken a cutting from my tallest plant and it seems ok. I have them in the house at the moment. How often do you water them, and I intend putting them in my...
    Thanks for your comments, I bought the seed in Cala Dor on holiday 2 years ago. I have taken a cutting from my tallest plant and it seems ok. I have them in the house at the moment. How often do...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. keeno

some help with scented flowers.

For simple spring flowers, that flower early in the year(I have some in my garden right now) I would suggest hyacinths. They're really easy to grow, come up every year and have a really nice clean...
    For simple spring flowers, that flower early in the year(I have some in my garden right now) I would suggest hyacinths. They're really easy to grow, come up every year and have a really nice clean scent, reminds me of something you would get in soap. Also, they're really bright and add a splash...
    For simple spring flowers, that flower early in the year(I have some in my garden right now) I would suggest hyacinths. They're really easy to grow, come up every year and have a really nice clean scent, reminds me of something you would get in...
    For simple spring flowers, that flower early in the year(I have some in my garden right now) I would suggest hyacinths. They're really easy to grow, come up every year and have a really nice clean...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. CharlieBot

Plant ID please

I thought arum too, as had one clump which flowered last year. Not really a fan...odd as none came up anywhere else last year.
    I thought arum too, as had one clump which flowered last year. Not really a fan...odd as none came up anywhere else last year.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice