1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What's looking good APRIL 2024 Michael Hewett, Apr 19, 2024 at 8:48 AM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best supplier of compost 2024 gks, Apr 17, 2024 at 9:07 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Annuals that slugs and snails dislike berarde, Apr 18, 2024 at 11:10 AM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. JackJJW

Deep 8" plastic pots?

They do ceramic but if you mean normal "clay pots", I don't think so.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Anthony Rogers

Thompson & Morgan Plug plants

we could have a T&M thread as a "sticky" :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. jennywren

Gardening Blogs

Ask them all to come here and start new blogs!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. andy-gardener

Where do I start with this mess? :)

Very, very true and something I think most of us can relate to :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. NCFCcrazy

Kew on a Plate with Raymond Blanc

I've met Kate and really like her, she is the same in real life as she is on the small screen. I've also met an actress from Coronation Street, who is a nasty, stuck madam in real life.I love...
    I've met Kate and really like her, she is the same in real life as she is on the small screen. I've also met an actress from Coronation Street, who is a nasty, stuck madam in real life.I love this program, never been to Kew but I will make an effort to soon I think.
    I've met Kate and really like her, she is the same in real life as she is on the small screen. I've also met an actress from Coronation Street, who is a nasty, stuck madam in real life.I love this program, never been to Kew but I will make an...
    I've met Kate and really like her, she is the same in real life as she is on the small screen. I've also met an actress from Coronation Street, who is a nasty, stuck madam in real life.I love...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. rossyl

Chippings that won't green for North Facing patio

How about these if they go green you won't notice.:lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    green glass chippings.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. katie123

What are these?

Thank you. We shall see them!! There are tons of them so hopefully something pretty :-)
    Thank you. We shall see them!! There are tons of them so hopefully something pretty :-)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Dips

Instagram gardening

Great. Well I'm glad you like it and hopefully you'll continue to see great progress :)
    Great. Well I'm glad you like it and hopefully you'll continue to see great progress :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. simon n

Plant I.D Please?

I can't remember potting any last year. I shall await their growth to see what they are!
    I can't remember potting any last year. I shall await their growth to see what they are!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Ash2015

Raised bed nightmare help needed!

I agree with Pete - it is not structural. The fence is a well constructed self supporting structure. So rip it out and and go with your ideal. The only affect that ripping it out would have is on...
    I agree with Pete - it is not structural. The fence is a well constructed self supporting structure. So rip it out and and go with your ideal. The only affect that ripping it out would have is on your decking but as I'm the forums resident decking hater I would have that on my wood burner anyway...
    I agree with Pete - it is not structural. The fence is a well constructed self supporting structure. So rip it out and and go with your ideal. The only affect that ripping it out would have is on your decking but as I'm the forums resident...
    I agree with Pete - it is not structural. The fence is a well constructed self supporting structure. So rip it out and and go with your ideal. The only affect that ripping it out would have is on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. keeno

how to add salt to soil?

that's a brilliant idea. my main garden already has some. thanks!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ballistic_bro

Buddleia Roots

Ok, will do. Was going to trim the top but now I'll do it sooner rather than later. Thanks again. :-)
    Ok, will do. Was going to trim the top but now I'll do it sooner rather than later. Thanks again. :-)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Andy567

Anybody Tried These Slug Pellets?

Previous years I have used nematodes to control slugs but last year I don't think they really worked and I had to go back to using slug pellets though I kept them under cover of a cloche and...
    Previous years I have used nematodes to control slugs but last year I don't think they really worked and I had to go back to using slug pellets though I kept them under cover of a cloche and picked up dead slugs and snails after. Even though its necessary to control the slugs, at least in the...
    Previous years I have used nematodes to control slugs but last year I don't think they really worked and I had to go back to using slug pellets though I kept them under cover of a cloche and picked up dead slugs and snails after. Even though...
    Previous years I have used nematodes to control slugs but last year I don't think they really worked and I had to go back to using slug pellets though I kept them under cover of a cloche and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. funk_u
    Like x 8

Gardening today

What can I say it amused the child in me :heehee: it made me larf :loll:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Kevin497

Need to get rid of ferns?

Bracken poisons itself. Scrunch it up and break up the stems as it begins to die back. September/october. It may take a few years dependant on how vigourous its become.
    Bracken poisons itself. Scrunch it up and break up the stems as it begins to die back. September/october. It may take a few years dependant on how vigourous its become.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Wardy

Cranberry plant help

Replies:
    Views:
  17. philomel

Propagating Chimonanthus praecox

Thanks very much noisette, great info re your seed raised plant. And thanks so much for your offer of seed that's really kind, I'll try the cuttings and take you up on your offer if it doesn't work :dbgrtmb: :)
    Thanks very much noisette, great info re your seed raised plant. And thanks so much for your offer of seed that's really kind, I'll try the cuttings and take you up on your offer if it doesn't work :dbgrtmb: :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. rosietutu

Garden refuse Bins

There was a chap here in Filey who went round every day picking up litter,he had a handy cap but was devoted to looking after his elderly mum and he did this in his own time,our local town...
    There was a chap here in Filey who went round every day picking up litter,he had a handy cap but was devoted to looking after his elderly mum and he did this in his own time,our local town council gave him 2 scrolls for his devotion to this act of goodness,sadly he lost his mum and went a bit...
    There was a chap here in Filey who went round every day picking up litter,he had a handy cap but was devoted to looking after his elderly mum and he did this in his own time,our local town council gave him 2 scrolls for his devotion to this act...
    There was a chap here in Filey who went round every day picking up litter,he had a handy cap but was devoted to looking after his elderly mum and he did this in his own time,our local town...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. rosietutu
    Like x 4

Seed Catalogues

Chiltern Seeds wins on the cover stakes IMO, but then loses with lack of pictures inside.I ordered two new Clematis from Thorncroft Clematis. I thought I'd seen everything online but NO! An...
    Chiltern Seeds wins on the cover stakes IMO, but then loses with lack of pictures inside.I ordered two new Clematis from Thorncroft Clematis. I thought I'd seen everything online but NO! An entire catalogue packed full of shiny new things I can buy. Hundreds of them! If only I had more...
    Chiltern Seeds wins on the cover stakes IMO, but then loses with lack of pictures inside.I ordered two new Clematis from Thorncroft Clematis. I thought I'd seen everything online but NO! An entire catalogue packed full of shiny new things I...
    Chiltern Seeds wins on the cover stakes IMO, but then loses with lack of pictures inside.I ordered two new Clematis from Thorncroft Clematis. I thought I'd seen everything online but NO! An...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Designzilla

My Areca Palm is dying

I hope it is not one of these guys...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice