Gardening For People With Disabilities

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley

SOME TOOLS FOR GARDENERS WITH DISABILITIES..

In this LINK you will find various adapted garden tools
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ThePlantAssassin
    Friendly x 7

Mental Health issues can be overwhelming

I feel now that I should comment. Firstly my apologies to my friend, Cindy,'The plant Assissin. Simply browsing past threads. I came upon this one. For whatever reason. It stepped out at me. ...
    I feel now that I should comment. Firstly my apologies to my friend, Cindy,'The plant Assissin. Simply browsing past threads. I came upon this one. For whatever reason. It stepped out at me. I posted a comment.As far as I understand it. Forums offer the chance of individuals to, OK,...
    I feel now that I should comment. Firstly my apologies to my friend, Cindy,'The plant Assissin. Simply browsing past threads. I came upon this one. For whatever reason. It stepped out at me. I posted a comment.As far as I understand it. ...
    I feel now that I should comment. Firstly my apologies to my friend, Cindy,'The plant Assissin. Simply browsing past threads. I came upon this one. For whatever reason. It stepped out at me. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Kristen

Trowel for arthritic hands?

That looks great! Feeling the pain in the ball of my hand (do we have a ball in our hand?! :scratch: ) I think that would be a lot kinder when digging out the couch grass.I'd be very interested to...
    That looks great! Feeling the pain in the ball of my hand (do we have a ball in our hand?! :scratch: ) I think that would be a lot kinder when digging out the couch grass.I'd be very interested to hear if anyone has tried it?
    That looks great! Feeling the pain in the ball of my hand (do we have a ball in our hand?! :scratch: ) I think that would be a lot kinder when digging out the couch grass.I'd be very interested to hear if anyone has tried it?
    That looks great! Feeling the pain in the ball of my hand (do we have a ball in our hand?! :scratch: ) I think that would be a lot kinder when digging out the couch grass.I'd be very interested to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. IanArmour

The Wheelchair Garden

wheelchair users generally have problems accessing/wheeling around the garden safely and unaided, rather then lacking space or ideas on where to plant things. Any wooden bench/table, shelf etc...
    wheelchair users generally have problems accessing/wheeling around the garden safely and unaided, rather then lacking space or ideas on where to plant things. Any wooden bench/table, shelf etc will fit the purpose as long as you can get to it (under or close enough), work on the plants within a...
    wheelchair users generally have problems accessing/wheeling around the garden safely and unaided, rather then lacking space or ideas on where to plant things. Any wooden bench/table, shelf etc will fit the purpose as long as you can get to it...
    wheelchair users generally have problems accessing/wheeling around the garden safely and unaided, rather then lacking space or ideas on where to plant things. Any wooden bench/table, shelf etc...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. IanArmour

The green circle garden has arrived

The GC Garden consists of ten self-irrigating garden units designed to provide horticultural therapy for people of all ages, especially for those with mental or physical disabilities.I have...
    The GC Garden consists of ten self-irrigating garden units designed to provide horticultural therapy for people of all ages, especially for those with mental or physical disabilities.I have designed this garden over the past 2 years and finally Im at a production stage. I have put my all into...
    The GC Garden consists of ten self-irrigating garden units designed to provide horticultural therapy for people of all ages, especially for those with mental or physical disabilities.I have designed this garden over the past 2 years and finally...
    The GC Garden consists of ten self-irrigating garden units designed to provide horticultural therapy for people of all ages, especially for those with mental or physical disabilities.I have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Delta
    Like x 4

Suggestion to anyone else with hand arthritis & a yard garden

I have got a small collection of Bonsai trees, the oldest being over 25yrs and I have started them all from either seeds I collected or very small saplings.. They are really lovely plants I...
    I have got a small collection of Bonsai trees, the oldest being over 25yrs and I have started them all from either seeds I collected or very small saplings.. They are really lovely plants I agree.. I also have a horse chestnut and an oak bonsai but they are in large bonsai pots they are both...
    I have got a small collection of Bonsai trees, the oldest being over 25yrs and I have started them all from either seeds I collected or very small saplings.. They are really lovely plants I agree.. I also have a horse chestnut and an oak bonsai...
    I have got a small collection of Bonsai trees, the oldest being over 25yrs and I have started them all from either seeds I collected or very small saplings.. They are really lovely plants I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Frazzled
    Like x 5

Success stories

Sounds great @Frazzled, would be nice to see some photos of what you've created if you have any! Those chest-high raised beds sound like a fantastic idea! I suffer from quite a few mental health...
    Sounds great @Frazzled, would be nice to see some photos of what you've created if you have any! Those chest-high raised beds sound like a fantastic idea! I suffer from quite a few mental health problems and developing an interest in horticulture is probably the best thing that ever happened to...
    Sounds great @Frazzled, would be nice to see some photos of what you've created if you have any! Those chest-high raised beds sound like a fantastic idea! I suffer from quite a few mental health problems and developing an interest in horticulture...
    Sounds great @Frazzled, would be nice to see some photos of what you've created if you have any! Those chest-high raised beds sound like a fantastic idea! I suffer from quite a few mental health...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Gail_68
    Like x 4

ROLLING WORK SEAT - For people with disabilities

@kazzawazza took a pic of my seat out side mate for you and they also send 3 garden tools also...mind you the ones ok for weeding but we have the others but as you'll see it's ideal for along the...
    @kazzawazza took a pic of my seat out side mate for you and they also send 3 garden tools also...mind you the ones ok for weeding but we have the others but as you'll see it's ideal for along the path with my legs either side of the plants while cutting :)
    @kazzawazza took a pic of my seat out side mate for you and they also send 3 garden tools also...mind you the ones ok for weeding but we have the others but as you'll see it's ideal for along the path with my legs either side of the plants while...
    @kazzawazza took a pic of my seat out side mate for you and they also send 3 garden tools also...mind you the ones ok for weeding but we have the others but as you'll see it's ideal for along the...
    F04D1EA8-F356-41BA-9967-BD23B628F0AC.jpeg 63BB397A-ED14-4021-BE6D-9661D4F65185.jpeg D72E89B0-1116-4346-9D67-2CCAD11CD7DE.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. James Osborne

Product design student, Gardening for the Disabled

Hi James. I am bipolar and I also have nerve damage in my pelvis (affecting my back & legs) and nerve damage in one shoulder. Oh and I've had an op for carpal tunnel in one hand as well. So plenty...
    Hi James. I am bipolar and I also have nerve damage in my pelvis (affecting my back & legs) and nerve damage in one shoulder. Oh and I've had an op for carpal tunnel in one hand as well. So plenty of stuff frustrates me about gardening, let's see how much I can think of...........:scratch: raised beds...
    Hi James. I am bipolar and I also have nerve damage in my pelvis (affecting my back & legs) and nerve damage in one shoulder. Oh and I've had an op for carpal tunnel in one hand as well. So plenty of stuff frustrates me about gardening, let's see...
    Hi James. I am bipolar and I also have nerve damage in my pelvis (affecting my back & legs) and nerve damage in one shoulder. Oh and I've had an op for carpal tunnel in one hand as well. So plenty...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. LowiePete
    Like x 7

Planting an Art-Deco Raised Bed

love the design!
    love the design!
    love the design!
    love the design!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. CraigS

Organic Soil Amendments & Aerated Compost Teas, Nutrient Exchange, A Way Ahead

Hi Craig....very interesting stuff and it has to be worth a try. Let us know how you get on with it. Like John says, many here use comfrey tea and swear by it. As soon as I get properly stuck...
    Hi Craig....very interesting stuff and it has to be worth a try. Let us know how you get on with it. Like John says, many here use comfrey tea and swear by it. As soon as I get properly stuck into my new garden when all the DIY is complete inside I'll be trying comfrey tea myself. I just...
    Hi Craig....very interesting stuff and it has to be worth a try. Let us know how you get on with it. Like John says, many here use comfrey tea and swear by it. As soon as I get properly stuck into my new garden when all the DIY is complete...
    Hi Craig....very interesting stuff and it has to be worth a try. Let us know how you get on with it. Like John says, many here use comfrey tea and swear by it. As soon as I get properly stuck...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. UsedtobeDendy

New raised beds installed in our growing area

Took some photos of the set up as it is at the moment
    IMG_0743.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Daisies

New forum

What a great idea!
    What a great idea!
    What a great idea!
    What a great idea!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fat Controller

Landscape fabric to make life easier

Typical! Short-changed again :roflol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. roders
    Friendly x 14

Just had a hip replacement.

Thanks for all good wishes , it has now been just over three months since I had the opp. I have been quite lucky as it seems to have gone really well ,I am doing all the things I did before ,...
    Thanks for all good wishes , it has now been just over three months since I had the opp. I have been quite lucky as it seems to have gone really well ,I am doing all the things I did before , there are things that I am more careful doing like climbing ladders. It really is down to doing the...
    Thanks for all good wishes , it has now been just over three months since I had the opp. I have been quite lucky as it seems to have gone really well ,I am doing all the things I did before , there are things that I am more careful doing like...
    Thanks for all good wishes , it has now been just over three months since I had the opp. I have been quite lucky as it seems to have gone really well ,I am doing all the things I did before ,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. VEGE-4-LIFE

Info on Gardening with disabilities

Thanks Badsal72, I will put them down over the next few days
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Gizmo
    Friendly x 3

I am disabled main carer

Many thanks for your supportI have tried for so many years trying to get support for even my mental health / past history but doors keep getting shut so I think to my self is life really worth...
    Many thanks for your supportI have tried for so many years trying to get support for even my mental health / past history but doors keep getting shut so I think to my self is life really worth it. When I was younger all I wanted was a family but we can't all ways have a fairy tale...
    Many thanks for your supportI have tried for so many years trying to get support for even my mental health / past history but doors keep getting shut so I think to my self is life really worth it. When I was younger all I wanted was a family...
    Many thanks for your supportI have tried for so many years trying to get support for even my mental health / past history but doors keep getting shut so I think to my self is life really worth...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. MrConspicuous

Help needed :)

IMHO I think you're doing the right thing - leave it until you have your own place.For me a garden is a very personal 'thing' - it makes a house a home.When you do buy your own place - there...
    IMHO I think you're doing the right thing - leave it until you have your own place.For me a garden is a very personal 'thing' - it makes a house a home.When you do buy your own place - there are plenty of ideas on here - from small container gardens to larger plots. :dbgrtmb:
    IMHO I think you're doing the right thing - leave it until you have your own place.For me a garden is a very personal 'thing' - it makes a house a home.When you do buy your own place - there are plenty of ideas on here - from small container...
    IMHO I think you're doing the right thing - leave it until you have your own place.For me a garden is a very personal 'thing' - it makes a house a home.When you do buy your own place - there...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Digginginclay

Grass trimmer on steroids please

I've got the Ryobi One+ brush cutter. It definitely can hammer brambles, but it's a bit heavy so you need to wear the harness with back support for a long stint. Sweeping an electric hedge trimmer...
    I've got the Ryobi One+ brush cutter. It definitely can hammer brambles, but it's a bit heavy so you need to wear the harness with back support for a long stint. Sweeping an electric hedge trimmer down low can do a lot, but that does involve bending unless you have the one with extension for...
    I've got the Ryobi One+ brush cutter. It definitely can hammer brambles, but it's a bit heavy so you need to wear the harness with back support for a long stint. Sweeping an electric hedge trimmer down low can do a lot, but that does involve...
    I've got the Ryobi One+ brush cutter. It definitely can hammer brambles, but it's a bit heavy so you need to wear the harness with back support for a long stint. Sweeping an electric hedge trimmer...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. BastLoki

Gardening with crutches....

Cool, I'll try that. Thankyou very much!
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. moonraker

Gardening with back ache or wheelchair gardening

I use a back support the best I have found is from physioroom really makes a difference, I also use a hinged knee brace with good results.Or I wait for a good day :love30:
    I use a back support the best I have found is from physioroom really makes a difference, I also use a hinged knee brace with good results.Or I wait for a good day :love30:
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Sarah Giles
    Like x 15

Gardening for Mental health

Nice posts by recent posters but just pointing out that this thread is more than three years old and the OP is no longer active on G C. Hope she’s ok.
    Nice posts by recent posters but just pointing out that this thread is more than three years old and the OP is no longer active on G C. Hope she’s ok.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice