1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. pete

Zaluzianskya

Thanks for your kind offer Pete, I would love to have said yes - but I already have 200 or 300 seedlings/small plants sitting on my patio and absolutely nowhere to put them. I think I might take...
    Thanks for your kind offer Pete, I would love to have said yes - but I already have 200 or 300 seedlings/small plants sitting on my patio and absolutely nowhere to put them. I think I might take up "virtual gardening" on the internet. You can expand as much as you like - and no weeding! Come...
    Thanks for your kind offer Pete, I would love to have said yes - but I already have 200 or 300 seedlings/small plants sitting on my patio and absolutely nowhere to put them. I think I might take up "virtual gardening" on the internet. You can...
    Thanks for your kind offer Pete, I would love to have said yes - but I already have 200 or 300 seedlings/small plants sitting on my patio and absolutely nowhere to put them. I think I might take...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. **Yvonne**
    Like x 7

Yvonne's Nectar Haven - Work in progress

Wow that looks truly amazing. You've done such a brilliant job. Must have been a daunting task at first.
    Wow that looks truly amazing. You've done such a brilliant job. Must have been a daunting task at first.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Bilbo675
    Like x 6

Yummy....

I`ve got the cream
    I`ve got the cream
    I`ve got the cream
    I`ve got the cream
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Paladin

Yummy!

Very interesting - bf and I have kept saying we must check out what tadpoles eat - so now we know!
    Very interesting - bf and I have kept saying we must check out what tadpoles eat - so now we know!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Scotkat

Yuletide camelia never did get one.

Cant find anyone who stocks this camelia .Last yr contacted Loder Plants they had it but were out of stock plants to send out and to contact in Feb .After doing this they do not have it in...
    Cant find anyone who stocks this camelia .Last yr contacted Loder Plants they had it but were out of stock plants to send out and to contact in Feb .After doing this they do not have it in stock.Coudl give me Crimson King but want yuletide or nothing.Does anyone know where I can find...
    Cant find anyone who stocks this camelia .Last yr contacted Loder Plants they had it but were out of stock plants to send out and to contact in Feb .After doing this they do not have it in stock.Coudl give me Crimson King but want yuletide...
    Cant find anyone who stocks this camelia .Last yr contacted Loder Plants they had it but were out of stock plants to send out and to contact in Feb .After doing this they do not have it in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Scotkat

Yuletide Camelia

I can't find any UK sources, Scotkat - but here's a link with pics, and gives its full name, Camellia Sasanqua...
    I can't find any UK sources, Scotkat - but here's a link with pics, and gives its full name, Camellia Sasanqua 'Yuletide'http://www.weekendgardener.net/landscape-plants/camellia-sasanqua-yuletide.htm
    I can't find any UK sources, Scotkat - but here's a link with pics, and gives its full name, Camellia Sasanqua 'Yuletide'http://www.weekendgardener.net/landscape-plants/camellia-sasanqua-yuletide.htm
    I can't find any UK sources, Scotkat - but here's a link with pics, and gives its full name, Camellia Sasanqua...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Scotkat

Yuletide Cameila

I was just looking at Camellias myself!!!www.camellia-grove.com have got the one your after
    I was just looking at Camellias myself!!!www.camellia-grove.com have got the one your after
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. moonrakermagpie

Yukka plantI think?????

I think it`s more likely a Cordyline. Yucca leaves are fairly rigid and do not hang down. What you are describing is the typical habit of Cordylines.:gnthb:
    I think it`s more likely a Cordyline. Yucca leaves are fairly rigid and do not hang down. What you are describing is the typical habit of Cordylines.:gnthb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. mcmac74

Yukka outdoors?

You are quite right Pete. even in Yorkshire, at least by the coast, we only had literally 2 x 1 night frosts (and not heavy) last year. I had some cobra lilies and some golden ball myrtle out...
    You are quite right Pete. even in Yorkshire, at least by the coast, we only had literally 2 x 1 night frosts (and not heavy) last year. I had some cobra lilies and some golden ball myrtle out stratifying all last winter. Come May nothing had happened so I had to fridge them for a month. They...
    You are quite right Pete. even in Yorkshire, at least by the coast, we only had literally 2 x 1 night frosts (and not heavy) last year. I had some cobra lilies and some golden ball myrtle out stratifying all last winter. Come May nothing had...
    You are quite right Pete. even in Yorkshire, at least by the coast, we only had literally 2 x 1 night frosts (and not heavy) last year. I had some cobra lilies and some golden ball myrtle out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. butterflies

Yukka help please

Here you go Butterflies try this link,
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. whis4ey

YUKI ... the film

Neither do I Shiney .... I am just passing on the message :) But ... I have seen the film and it is really very very good. And my garden passes muster very well and looks good throughout. Lovely...
    Neither do I Shiney .... I am just passing on the message :) But ... I have seen the film and it is really very very good. And my garden passes muster very well and looks good throughout. Lovely to see, and just proud that my garden has now been seen on all continents of the world in film...
    Neither do I Shiney .... I am just passing on the message :) But ... I have seen the film and it is really very very good. And my garden passes muster very well and looks good throughout. Lovely to see, and just proud that my garden has now been...
    Neither do I Shiney .... I am just passing on the message :) But ... I have seen the film and it is really very very good. And my garden passes muster very well and looks good throughout. Lovely...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. BekiMac

Yucca??

i would go along with Yucca, there are a lot of variegated Cordylines but as far as I know not with pink in the leaf yet, (plant breeders may change that).
    i would go along with Yucca, there are a lot of variegated Cordylines but as far as I know not with pink in the leaf yet, (plant breeders may change that).
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. stubaynton

Yucca?

Right, Try again, seeing as my first post went walkies lolHi,I been cutting back some borders and discovered a plant which i think is a Yucca growing along the ground, presumably looking for...
    Right, Try again, seeing as my first post went walkies lolHi,I been cutting back some borders and discovered a plant which i think is a Yucca growing along the ground, presumably looking for light. What I would like to know is how do i take a cutting from a Yucca so that i can pot it and...
    Right, Try again, seeing as my first post went walkies lolHi,I been cutting back some borders and discovered a plant which i think is a Yucca growing along the ground, presumably looking for light. What I would like to know is how do i take a...
    Right, Try again, seeing as my first post went walkies lolHi,I been cutting back some borders and discovered a plant which i think is a Yucca growing along the ground, presumably looking for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. CharlieBot

Yucca- pot or ground?

Charlie, They grow big, I had a little one given to me years ago I put it in the ground and after a couple of years it was like a small tree, The flower is a spectacle to behold altho short...
    Charlie, They grow big, I had a little one given to me years ago I put it in the ground and after a couple of years it was like a small tree, The flower is a spectacle to behold altho short lived. Funny thing tho its spikes are wicked A robin built its nest right in the centre , No predator...
    Charlie, They grow big, I had a little one given to me years ago I put it in the ground and after a couple of years it was like a small tree, The flower is a spectacle to behold altho short lived. Funny thing tho its spikes are wicked A robin...
    Charlie, They grow big, I had a little one given to me years ago I put it in the ground and after a couple of years it was like a small tree, The flower is a spectacle to behold altho short...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. siriusb

Yucca trimmage??

I'd be inclined to leave some stem for it to resprout from, it depends on what you want the cut down version to look like. As for the cuttings. its best to strip some leaves from the lower end...
    I'd be inclined to leave some stem for it to resprout from, it depends on what you want the cut down version to look like. As for the cuttings. its best to strip some leaves from the lower end of the stem and I would allow the cut end to dry for a few days before inserting it in a pot of sandy...
    I'd be inclined to leave some stem for it to resprout from, it depends on what you want the cut down version to look like. As for the cuttings. its best to strip some leaves from the lower end of the stem and I would allow the cut end to dry...
    I'd be inclined to leave some stem for it to resprout from, it depends on what you want the cut down version to look like. As for the cuttings. its best to strip some leaves from the lower end...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. stubaynton

Yucca transplant

ok thanks for the advice. ill have a go at transplanting it :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Floyd

Yucca thriving but...

Its the kind of plant that can become a bit of a mess if gets so tall it starts to fall over.I'm guessing its gloriosa as most of the hardy ones dont get particularly tall.Its up to you really...
    Its the kind of plant that can become a bit of a mess if gets so tall it starts to fall over.I'm guessing its gloriosa as most of the hardy ones dont get particularly tall.Its up to you really you could support the branches but it might not look that good.I would be inclined to cut them...
    Its the kind of plant that can become a bit of a mess if gets so tall it starts to fall over.I'm guessing its gloriosa as most of the hardy ones dont get particularly tall.Its up to you really you could support the branches but it might not...
    Its the kind of plant that can become a bit of a mess if gets so tall it starts to fall over.I'm guessing its gloriosa as most of the hardy ones dont get particularly tall.Its up to you really...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. tjrundy

Yucca plant

I dont know about puncturing it with a screwdriver but one of my cats used a yucca planted in our garden as a scratching post for several years until he eventually went through one of the...
    I dont know about puncturing it with a screwdriver but one of my cats used a yucca planted in our garden as a scratching post for several years until he eventually went through one of the branches. The branch stump now has about 10 babies growing out of it. I'd originally put the plant outside...
    I dont know about puncturing it with a screwdriver but one of my cats used a yucca planted in our garden as a scratching post for several years until he eventually went through one of the branches. The branch stump now has about 10 babies growing...
    I dont know about puncturing it with a screwdriver but one of my cats used a yucca planted in our garden as a scratching post for several years until he eventually went through one of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Nannyshell

Yucca Elephantipes shoots

Thanks Pete. Goodness only knows why it's taken years to decide to grow branches now!!
    Thanks Pete. Goodness only knows why it's taken years to decide to grow branches now!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Derbyshire

Yucca - will it survive outdoors?

As pete says the usual house plant yucca is Y elephantipies and generally this is not that hardy. But in London, if planted in a sheltered spot then it may well be ok. But with the snow and cold...
    As pete says the usual house plant yucca is Y elephantipies and generally this is not that hardy. But in London, if planted in a sheltered spot then it may well be ok. But with the snow and cold of recent winters it may well be a gonner.
    As pete says the usual house plant yucca is Y elephantipies and generally this is not that hardy. But in London, if planted in a sheltered spot then it may well be ok. But with the snow and cold of recent winters it may well be a gonner.
    As pete says the usual house plant yucca is Y elephantipies and generally this is not that hardy. But in London, if planted in a sheltered spot then it may well be ok. But with the snow and cold...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice