1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Lady Garden ;)

What's the best method to clean sewage spill on grass?

I've always found that the predators are well behind the pests come spring. I'm not really bothered with aphids but other more persistent pests are often a problem.
    I've always found that the predators are well behind the pests come spring. I'm not really bothered with aphids but other more persistent pests are often a problem.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Michael Hewett

Moving rheubob

When my offspring were toddlers they called it ubbub. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. PhilC

Greenhouse heater settings?

For most typical overwintering plants we find 3 or 4c is enough to keep them going, are you doing that or trying to keep some plant growing more actively?We have our sensor about 4ft high and...
    For most typical overwintering plants we find 3 or 4c is enough to keep them going, are you doing that or trying to keep some plant growing more actively?We have our sensor about 4ft high and the heater on the floor, and yes you will always have the temperature layering. The only way to...
    For most typical overwintering plants we find 3 or 4c is enough to keep them going, are you doing that or trying to keep some plant growing more actively?We have our sensor about 4ft high and the heater on the floor, and yes you will always...
    For most typical overwintering plants we find 3 or 4c is enough to keep them going, are you doing that or trying to keep some plant growing more actively?We have our sensor about 4ft high and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Baalmaiden

What have you given up trying to grow?

Actually I get lily beetles on Fritillarias. I always forget to look for them before they make those horrible larvae. mind you the larvae are easy to catch. You have to sneak up on the beetles and...
    Actually I get lily beetles on Fritillarias. I always forget to look for them before they make those horrible larvae. mind you the larvae are easy to catch. You have to sneak up on the beetles and put something under them to fall into when they jump off the leaves. I gave away my lily bulbs last...
    Actually I get lily beetles on Fritillarias. I always forget to look for them before they make those horrible larvae. mind you the larvae are easy to catch. You have to sneak up on the beetles and put something under them to fall into when they...
    Actually I get lily beetles on Fritillarias. I always forget to look for them before they make those horrible larvae. mind you the larvae are easy to catch. You have to sneak up on the beetles and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Matteo

Gardening Tools Survey

Both :- I have lots of tender plants commonly called 'houseplants' many of which spend the summer months outside, and others indoors all year round. I have quite a collection of cacti and...
    Both :- I have lots of tender plants commonly called 'houseplants' many of which spend the summer months outside, and others indoors all year round. I have quite a collection of cacti and succulents spread between a greenhouse, some cold frames, and a perspex shelter. I also have a long garden...
    Both :- I have lots of tender plants commonly called 'houseplants' many of which spend the summer months outside, and others indoors all year round. I have quite a collection of cacti and succulents spread between a greenhouse, some cold frames,...
    Both :- I have lots of tender plants commonly called 'houseplants' many of which spend the summer months outside, and others indoors all year round. I have quite a collection of cacti and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. TheMadHedger

ground ivy - easiest way to remove?

Thanks but no, it's just your normal looking ivy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Clueless 1 v2
    Friendly x 3

Starting again, new year, new start, new strategy

I will achieve it, as long as I don't get blindsided again.When I returned to the world of martial arts after 20 years off, a lot of family and friends would tactfully suggest I was too old for...
    I will achieve it, as long as I don't get blindsided again.When I returned to the world of martial arts after 20 years off, a lot of family and friends would tactfully suggest I was too old for it, I'll hurt myself or do myself a mischief. I would laugh, and tell them I'm getting younger. Of...
    I will achieve it, as long as I don't get blindsided again.When I returned to the world of martial arts after 20 years off, a lot of family and friends would tactfully suggest I was too old for it, I'll hurt myself or do myself a mischief. I...
    I will achieve it, as long as I don't get blindsided again.When I returned to the world of martial arts after 20 years off, a lot of family and friends would tactfully suggest I was too old for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. CarolineL

Tetrapanax papyrifer -Rex?

Not sure if this will work @CarolineL Log into Facebook
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Geoff Collins UK

Garden Project 2024 Help and Advice

Think its doing you a favour being so overgrown rather than having cars below.Looking at your new pics can see things better, though our ideas probably different to yours.The car park wall...
    Think its doing you a favour being so overgrown rather than having cars below.Looking at your new pics can see things better, though our ideas probably different to yours.The car park wall looks like it may be concrete posts with concrete panels slotted between them ? so you may find in the...
    Think its doing you a favour being so overgrown rather than having cars below.Looking at your new pics can see things better, though our ideas probably different to yours.The car park wall looks like it may be concrete posts with concrete...
    Think its doing you a favour being so overgrown rather than having cars below.Looking at your new pics can see things better, though our ideas probably different to yours.The car park wall...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Fat Controller

The tail of 2 dogs, a fence and a gate...

I keep my Eleagnus hedges very narrow, about 2' / 60cm. The rest, grown as freestanding shrubs, are kept within bounds by one trim a year and a savage hack once every 5-6 years :dbgrtmb:
    I keep my Eleagnus hedges very narrow, about 2' / 60cm. The rest, grown as freestanding shrubs, are kept within bounds by one trim a year and a savage hack once every 5-6 years :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Janet mahay

Confers?

Hi all thanks I got a climber but as Nigel suggested Hawthorne great idea thanks
    Hi all thanks I got a climber but as Nigel suggested Hawthorne great idea thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. JWK

What's looking good January 2024

What's looking good February 2024
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. CarolineL

Culprit - mice or crows?

It was too sludgy to check for the bulbs. It was just the neat way the leaves had been nipped off...
    It was too sludgy to check for the bulbs. It was just the neat way the leaves had been nipped off...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Andrew Kennedy

Wisteria - wire problem?

Many thanks for the advice. Will act on what is suggested!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. eddybaby

Best Propagation for mystery succuĺent

It looks to me as if it's one of the Haworthias - cooperii (?) or maybe cymbiformis (?) but it is very etiolated. The leaves should form a tight rosette. You need to give it a bright location but...
    It looks to me as if it's one of the Haworthias - cooperii (?) or maybe cymbiformis (?) but it is very etiolated. The leaves should form a tight rosette. You need to give it a bright location but not in direct sunlight. In it's present condition it might not be suitable for propagation.
    It looks to me as if it's one of the Haworthias - cooperii (?) or maybe cymbiformis (?) but it is very etiolated. The leaves should form a tight rosette. You need to give it a bright location but not in direct sunlight. In it's present condition...
    It looks to me as if it's one of the Haworthias - cooperii (?) or maybe cymbiformis (?) but it is very etiolated. The leaves should form a tight rosette. You need to give it a bright location but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. eddybaby

Winter Beauty not so lovely!!!

Hi clematis can take a while one of mine took at 2/3 years then all of sudden it grew fast i planted another year and half ago its still small but its green it will shoot up.like the other...
    Hi clematis can take a while one of mine took at 2/3 years then all of sudden it grew fast i planted another year and half ago its still small but its green it will shoot up.like the other soon but really clematis is better grown in the ground than a container
    Hi clematis can take a while one of mine took at 2/3 years then all of sudden it grew fast i planted another year and half ago its still small but its green it will shoot up.like the other soon but really clematis is better grown in the...
    Hi clematis can take a while one of mine took at 2/3 years then all of sudden it grew fast i planted another year and half ago its still small but its green it will shoot up.like the other...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Balc
    Like x 7

Plants are Amazing!

This thread was supposed to be about the amazing powers of plants to overcome conditions where we wouldn't expect them to grow - not about the planters!In general here in Huntingdon the...
    This thread was supposed to be about the amazing powers of plants to overcome conditions where we wouldn't expect them to grow - not about the planters!In general here in Huntingdon the councils, (Town & District), are both very good at looking after their plantings. A few have become somewhat...
    This thread was supposed to be about the amazing powers of plants to overcome conditions where we wouldn't expect them to grow - not about the planters!In general here in Huntingdon the councils, (Town & District), are both very good at looking...
    This thread was supposed to be about the amazing powers of plants to overcome conditions where we wouldn't expect them to grow - not about the planters!In general here in Huntingdon the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. xxxDawnxxx

Photina red Robin help please…..

Thank you so much all of you for your insight and your time to respond to me. Hopefully going into next spring it will be okay:thankyou:
    Thank you so much all of you for your insight and your time to respond to me. Hopefully going into next spring it will be okay:thankyou:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. TheMadHedger

Azalea (Encore variety) - some questions

Thanks. I'd not thought of Camelias, that's a good idea.My main requirements are:Large and bushy - will grow to at least 4 feet tall, 6 feet max (but can be trimmed of course) Plenty of...
    Thanks. I'd not thought of Camelias, that's a good idea.My main requirements are:Large and bushy - will grow to at least 4 feet tall, 6 feet max (but can be trimmed of course) Plenty of flowers, the longer and more often they flower the better Would be nice for evergreen plants but not...
    Thanks. I'd not thought of Camelias, that's a good idea.My main requirements are:Large and bushy - will grow to at least 4 feet tall, 6 feet max (but can be trimmed of course) Plenty of flowers, the longer and more often they flower the...
    Thanks. I'd not thought of Camelias, that's a good idea.My main requirements are:Large and bushy - will grow to at least 4 feet tall, 6 feet max (but can be trimmed of course) Plenty of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Victoria
    Like x 9

What's Looking Good in December 2023

For the end of the year I dont have much, just the Mahonia "charity".The pineapple didn't make it in time for Christmas, but its still coming along.
    For the end of the year I dont have much, just the Mahonia "charity".The pineapple didn't make it in time for Christmas, but its still coming along.
    Iochroma 1 Dec 23.jpg Cycad 1 Dec 23.jpg Thevetia 1 Dec 23.jpg KKK 1 Dec 23.jpg 'Bird of Paradise' in kitchen window (1st flower) 1st December 2023 (Macro) 005.jpg 'Bird of Paradise' in kitchen window (1st flower) 1st December 2023 004.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice