1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. shiney

What's Looking Good in April 2022

New Thread HereWhat's Looking Good In May 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. roders
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Loofah

Wickes GP compost 2012

I prefer, frugal. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl

Whats Looking Good In May 2023

Was it outside Clive.
    Was it outside Clive.
    Was it outside Clive.
    Was it outside Clive.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. longk
    Like x 15

What's Looking Good in August 2014

Found it in a book last night, apparently it's a wildflower called Cinquefoil. But on Google pics I couldn't see the same, so I think it is Potentilla thurberi. :)
    Found it in a book last night, apparently it's a wildflower called Cinquefoil. But on Google pics I couldn't see the same, so I think it is Potentilla thurberi. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Marley Farley

Super Salvias 2014..

Paul, as you can see mine was just a first year plant from early seed. The other one in the greenhouse is a couple of years old from seed and is my "banker" plant. How much soil was around the...
    Paul, as you can see mine was just a first year plant from early seed. The other one in the greenhouse is a couple of years old from seed and is my "banker" plant. How much soil was around the tubers? I'm pretty sure that @nibor will have his own thoughts on storing them although I suspect that...
    Paul, as you can see mine was just a first year plant from early seed. The other one in the greenhouse is a couple of years old from seed and is my "banker" plant. How much soil was around the tubers? I'm pretty sure that @nibor will have his own...
    Paul, as you can see mine was just a first year plant from early seed. The other one in the greenhouse is a couple of years old from seed and is my "banker" plant. How much soil was around the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. mowgley
    Like x 23

Mowgleys retreat

What a beautiful garden! It is a very similar size and shape to mine, and I have similar trees at the bottom. I've been pondering how to add some interest and feel quite inspired by yours. Lovely!
    What a beautiful garden! It is a very similar size and shape to mine, and I have similar trees at the bottom. I've been pondering how to add some interest and feel quite inspired by yours. Lovely!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. silu

Furious , anybody any advice other than a stiff drink?

Congratulations on a good outcome. :blue thumb: Your solicitor was right about not pushing it. If it came to court you could be ruled against (if the court thought it was a debateable situation) as you...
    Congratulations on a good outcome. :blue thumb: Your solicitor was right about not pushing it. If it came to court you could be ruled against (if the court thought it was a debateable situation) as you would have turned down a reasonable offer. The courts don't like you being unnecessarily litigious.
    Congratulations on a good outcome. :blue thumb: Your solicitor was right about not pushing it. If it came to court you could be ruled against (if the court thought it was a debateable situation) as you would have turned down a reasonable offer. The...
    Congratulations on a good outcome. :blue thumb: Your solicitor was right about not pushing it. If it came to court you could be ruled against (if the court thought it was a debateable situation) as you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. NigelJ

What's looking good in June 2020

July thread here:-What's Looking Good in July 2020
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Phil A
    Like x 8

WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN SEPTEMBER 2018

Sphaeralcea monroii flowering well
    P1400758.JPG IMG_5374.JPG IMG_5366.JPG IMG_5368.JPG P1300856.JPG IMG_20180902_103620.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. shiney
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. LawnAndOrder

Do you love it? Do you loathe it? Do you care?

I'm intrigued....what are these pets that are supposed to be trodden on? Chihuahua spring to mind but whenever I did, the owners got inexplicably upset :biggrin: Hamsters? No....much too...
    I'm intrigued....what are these pets that are supposed to be trodden on? Chihuahua spring to mind but whenever I did, the owners got inexplicably upset :biggrin: Hamsters? No....much too squishy. Perhaps tortoises in the dormant state? They'd make excellent stepping stones in a Japanese garden....
    I'm intrigued....what are these pets that are supposed to be trodden on? Chihuahua spring to mind but whenever I did, the owners got inexplicably upset :biggrin: Hamsters? No....much too squishy. Perhaps tortoises in the dormant state? They'd make...
    I'm intrigued....what are these pets that are supposed to be trodden on? Chihuahua spring to mind but whenever I did, the owners got inexplicably upset :biggrin: Hamsters? No....much too...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ARMANDII

SUPER SALVIA'S - 2015

New thread for 2016 - HERE
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ARMANDII

SUPER SALVIAS -2017

Me too!S.barrieleri S.concolor S.guaranitica 'Santa Maria' S.guaranitica var. violaceaS.nubicola S.splendens 'Sao Borja' Salvia 'Theresia' S.vitifoliaI think that I may have been a little...
    Me too!S.barrieleri S.concolor S.guaranitica 'Santa Maria' S.guaranitica var. violaceaS.nubicola S.splendens 'Sao Borja' Salvia 'Theresia' S.vitifoliaI think that I may have been a little shy so I'm going to take another look :heehee:
    Me too!S.barrieleri S.concolor S.guaranitica 'Santa Maria' S.guaranitica var. violaceaS.nubicola S.splendens 'Sao Borja' Salvia 'Theresia' S.vitifoliaI think that I may have been a little shy so I'm going to take another look :heehee:
    Me too!S.barrieleri S.concolor S.guaranitica 'Santa Maria' S.guaranitica var. violaceaS.nubicola S.splendens 'Sao Borja' Salvia 'Theresia' S.vitifoliaI think that I may have been a little...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ARMANDII

FROM THE OLD BOOK

I guess it was trial and error, Sheal, but it makes me shudder to think of what the effects were when they erred!!! I know from the Old Books that there was a lot of research going on in the...
    I guess it was trial and error, Sheal, but it makes me shudder to think of what the effects were when they erred!!! I know from the Old Books that there was a lot of research going on in the Universities and Colleges even in those days and of course there was the Commercial grower and the...
    I guess it was trial and error, Sheal, but it makes me shudder to think of what the effects were when they erred!!! I know from the Old Books that there was a lot of research going on in the Universities and Colleges even in those days and of...
    I guess it was trial and error, Sheal, but it makes me shudder to think of what the effects were when they erred!!! I know from the Old Books that there was a lot of research going on in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. NigelJ
    Like x 11

What's Looking Good In March 2019

Aww. Well the ones I've got are currently on display (I thought they'd make a lovely feature in our living room) but from now on I will save any that he leaves behind especially for Mrs Shiney. ...
    Aww. Well the ones I've got are currently on display (I thought they'd make a lovely feature in our living room) but from now on I will save any that he leaves behind especially for Mrs Shiney. He usually starts losing them around the end of the summer :)
    Aww. Well the ones I've got are currently on display (I thought they'd make a lovely feature in our living room) but from now on I will save any that he leaves behind especially for Mrs Shiney. He usually starts losing them around the end of...
    Aww. Well the ones I've got are currently on display (I thought they'd make a lovely feature in our living room) but from now on I will save any that he leaves behind especially for Mrs Shiney. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Spruce
    Like x 4

What are you going to grow "New to you" for 2014

Check out ebay for flower pouches. Each bag can take 11 plants
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Bilbo675

Eddo (Elephants Ears, Colocasia ?)

those are few variety I`ve tryed this year , all from the local asian shop , but bought in different months from November onward .
    those are few variety I`ve tryed this year , all from the local asian shop , but bought in different months from November onward .
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. PeterS
    Like x 10

Echiums

Ive got 2 growing in the garden this year, sown last spring and kept in the GH overwinter the planted out in April. It's romping away now, I'll get a pic later
    Ive got 2 growing in the garden this year, sown last spring and kept in the GH overwinter the planted out in April. It's romping away now, I'll get a pic later
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. KevinH

Food prices - Scaremongering? (Warning - Potential Political Content!)

Also love a good meatloaf. There are so many combo receipes for it. My favorite is the three meat combo, ground pork, veal and beef. Then bread crumbs, 2 eggs, thyme, Worcestershire sauce,...
    Also love a good meatloaf. There are so many combo receipes for it. My favorite is the three meat combo, ground pork, veal and beef. Then bread crumbs, 2 eggs, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, pepper, salt, sour cream, grated onion, grated garlic. I use chillie sauce on top before...
    Also love a good meatloaf. There are so many combo receipes for it. My favorite is the three meat combo, ground pork, veal and beef. Then bread crumbs, 2 eggs, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, pepper, salt, sour cream, grated onion,...
    Also love a good meatloaf. There are so many combo receipes for it. My favorite is the three meat combo, ground pork, veal and beef. Then bread crumbs, 2 eggs, thyme, Worcestershire sauce,...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice