General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. barryman

African Daisies (Osteospermum) - indoors

Thanks for all your info. I think I'll choose something else as Osteospermum doesn't seem to be the right choice. Cheers
    Thanks for all your info. I think I'll choose something else as Osteospermum doesn't seem to be the right choice. Cheers
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Janet mahay

Whats this a weed or herb?

Yes does look like feverfew @shiney although I have never tried it myself I am assured it does taste disgusting.! :)
    Yes does look like feverfew @shiney although I have never tried it myself I am assured it does taste disgusting.! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. SimonZ
    Like x 4

Is there a name for this?

Inosculation - Wikipedia
    Inosculation - Wikipedia
    Inosculation - Wikipedia
    Inosculation - Wikipedia
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. kriss

Jasminum polyanthum after Winter

Of course. Severe frosts still possible, even likely. You are almost there ...shame to let late cold weather spoil everything:noidea:
    Of course. Severe frosts still possible, even likely. You are almost there ...shame to let late cold weather spoil everything:noidea:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Andrew Kennedy

Greenhouse glass problem

I'm confused. If you are gone for long stretches, where is the water coming from if no one is there irrigating?Perhals auto watering is not synched well?
    I'm confused. If you are gone for long stretches, where is the water coming from if no one is there irrigating?Perhals auto watering is not synched well?
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. honeybunny
    Like x 3

Potting Shed Colour?

I presume my suggestion of Neon Pink with Lime Green polka dots , came second ?:biggrin:
    I presume my suggestion of Neon Pink with Lime Green polka dots , came second ?:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. kriss

Where do you buy your Bulbs...

Do Dobbies still sell plants ? We popped in last weekend and our local store is now more coffee shop and tat than a garden centre. Probably a bit of an exaggeration but the focus has changed...
    Do Dobbies still sell plants ? We popped in last weekend and our local store is now more coffee shop and tat than a garden centre. Probably a bit of an exaggeration but the focus has changed significantly. I guess they go where the money is.On bulbs, we tend to buy most from on line...
    Do Dobbies still sell plants ? We popped in last weekend and our local store is now more coffee shop and tat than a garden centre. Probably a bit of an exaggeration but the focus has changed significantly. I guess they go where the money...
    Do Dobbies still sell plants ? We popped in last weekend and our local store is now more coffee shop and tat than a garden centre. Probably a bit of an exaggeration but the focus has changed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. miraflores

Soil

ok I will get a ph measuring kit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Carllennon

Question about Heat Mats

My 1.2 x 0.6m thermostatically controlled heat mat is situated on top of my similar sized grow light box in my greenhouse.It doesn't get turned on until there's sufficient natural light for the...
    My 1.2 x 0.6m thermostatically controlled heat mat is situated on top of my similar sized grow light box in my greenhouse.It doesn't get turned on until there's sufficient natural light for the seeds germinating on it. So it's left until April before I start using it.Until then, I have 2x...
    My 1.2 x 0.6m thermostatically controlled heat mat is situated on top of my similar sized grow light box in my greenhouse.It doesn't get turned on until there's sufficient natural light for the seeds germinating on it. So it's left until April...
    My 1.2 x 0.6m thermostatically controlled heat mat is situated on top of my similar sized grow light box in my greenhouse.It doesn't get turned on until there's sufficient natural light for the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. nightofjoy

Cat - safe climbers

Some cats use clematis stems as a scratching post, but some mesh around it will prevent it.
    Some cats use clematis stems as a scratching post, but some mesh around it will prevent it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. honeybunny

Slug nematodes

2nd-bassoon :) I have a small container of salted water.....I empty the contents onto a hedge or into compost bin.
    2nd-bassoon :) I have a small container of salted water.....I empty the contents onto a hedge or into compost bin.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. kriss

Liatris Bulbs

bought some last year on a whim, was on sale at the food store. think there were 10 total, so just put them in. did see one bloom. maybe more this year. surprises are fun.
    bought some last year on a whim, was on sale at the food store. think there were 10 total, so just put them in. did see one bloom. maybe more this year. surprises are fun.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. noisette47
    Friendly x 3

Plants from France to UK

I was in Rome last year (enjoyed it) but was never able to talk as loudly or shove my way through a group of people the way they did. So I don't qualify under that statement. :whistle: :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    I was in Rome last year (enjoyed it) but was never able to talk as loudly or shove my way through a group of people the way they did. So I don't qualify under that statement. :whistle: :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. wiseowl

Ribes(King Edward)

Ribes sanguinium 'King Edward VII' are often grown here. Normally, the would be pruned exactly as @Verdun says, after flowering. When the plant is to be rejuvenated, it would be cut down to about...
    Ribes sanguinium 'King Edward VII' are often grown here. Normally, the would be pruned exactly as @Verdun says, after flowering. When the plant is to be rejuvenated, it would be cut down to about 30cm in the depths of Winter.@wiseowl I have guessed that you have those in your garden. The...
    Ribes sanguinium 'King Edward VII' are often grown here. Normally, the would be pruned exactly as @Verdun says, after flowering. When the plant is to be rejuvenated, it would be cut down to about 30cm in the depths of Winter.@wiseowl I have...
    Ribes sanguinium 'King Edward VII' are often grown here. Normally, the would be pruned exactly as @Verdun says, after flowering. When the plant is to be rejuvenated, it would be cut down to about...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. kriss

2 Questions!

So next year, maybe just cut back after winter? Luckily all of these plants are showing signs of coming back?
    So next year, maybe just cut back after winter? Luckily all of these plants are showing signs of coming back?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. kriss

Dahlias in Doors!

Different varieties really Kriss .....dahlias can be tall, short, vigorous or slow growing. I have them here at over 2 metres tall and some just over half a metre. Some I divide every year and...
    Different varieties really Kriss .....dahlias can be tall, short, vigorous or slow growing. I have them here at over 2 metres tall and some just over half a metre. Some I divide every year and these make huge clumps of tubers. Nothing really you can do to affect their dna !! Do you have...
    Different varieties really Kriss .....dahlias can be tall, short, vigorous or slow growing. I have them here at over 2 metres tall and some just over half a metre. Some I divide every year and these make huge clumps of tubers. Nothing really...
    Different varieties really Kriss .....dahlias can be tall, short, vigorous or slow growing. I have them here at over 2 metres tall and some just over half a metre. Some I divide every year and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. mazambo

Lavender Indoors

Thanks @Verdun :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. kriss

Eager to plant out!

It's perfectly fine to try to cheat a bit, we all do it with interesting results :) My Gladioli will be started in pots indoors this weekend, and I plan to sow another round of hardy annuals in the...
    It's perfectly fine to try to cheat a bit, we all do it with interesting results :) My Gladioli will be started in pots indoors this weekend, and I plan to sow another round of hardy annuals in the greenhouse in modules as well. It's so much more satisfying to have something to poke out of the...
    It's perfectly fine to try to cheat a bit, we all do it with interesting results :) My Gladioli will be started in pots indoors this weekend, and I plan to sow another round of hardy annuals in the greenhouse in modules as well. It's so much more...
    It's perfectly fine to try to cheat a bit, we all do it with interesting results :) My Gladioli will be started in pots indoors this weekend, and I plan to sow another round of hardy annuals in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Honey Bee

Frogspawn - got any yet?

If the ducks have eaten it I doubt you will see any tadpoles , mine has been there for 2 week's plus and is yet to turn into tadpoles it goes through the black soupy stage with wrigglings...
    If the ducks have eaten it I doubt you will see any tadpoles , mine has been there for 2 week's plus and is yet to turn into tadpoles it goes through the black soupy stage with wrigglings before you actually see tadpoles free swimming.
    If the ducks have eaten it I doubt you will see any tadpoles , mine has been there for 2 week's plus and is yet to turn into tadpoles it goes through the black soupy stage with wrigglings before you actually see tadpoles free swimming.
    If the ducks have eaten it I doubt you will see any tadpoles , mine has been there for 2 week's plus and is yet to turn into tadpoles it goes through the black soupy stage with wrigglings...
    1FCC8CA4-9FD1-43BD-AEFC-477D2FEDCF80.gif 20190323_112758.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. kriss

Morning sun!

Salvias would generally sulk there Kriss.....However, the tall S. Uliginosa would do quite well if you gave it a drink now and then:) Busy Lizzie would do well there. Ferns too, ideal I think. ...
    Salvias would generally sulk there Kriss.....However, the tall S. Uliginosa would do quite well if you gave it a drink now and then:) Busy Lizzie would do well there. Ferns too, ideal I think. Some grasses too would enjoy it there esp hackonechoa. Plain green forms, variegated and yellow...
    Salvias would generally sulk there Kriss.....However, the tall S. Uliginosa would do quite well if you gave it a drink now and then:) Busy Lizzie would do well there. Ferns too, ideal I think. Some grasses too would enjoy it there esp...
    Salvias would generally sulk there Kriss.....However, the tall S. Uliginosa would do quite well if you gave it a drink now and then:) Busy Lizzie would do well there. Ferns too, ideal I think. ...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice