General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. sheppy

Clematis

There are loads that will fit the bill. This site gives heights.http://www.saska.demon.co.uk/hybridaf.htmlBut a Clematis will only grow upwards if it has something to hang on to. If your...
    There are loads that will fit the bill. This site gives heights.http://www.saska.demon.co.uk/hybridaf.htmlBut a Clematis will only grow upwards if it has something to hang on to. If your fence is only 6 foot, you Clematis can't grow much taller. It will either grow along sideways, or flop...
    There are loads that will fit the bill. This site gives heights.http://www.saska.demon.co.uk/hybridaf.htmlBut a Clematis will only grow upwards if it has something to hang on to. If your fence is only 6 foot, you Clematis can't grow much...
    There are loads that will fit the bill. This site gives heights.http://www.saska.demon.co.uk/hybridaf.htmlBut a Clematis will only grow upwards if it has something to hang on to. If your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. sawfish

Runner bean leaves

Could it be scorch Sawfish? If you've just put them out the leaves will be a bit tender and a bit of water plus the VERY HOT SUN WE GET HERE IN SCOTLAND ;) may have done it. Looking at the pic,...
    Could it be scorch Sawfish? If you've just put them out the leaves will be a bit tender and a bit of water plus the VERY HOT SUN WE GET HERE IN SCOTLAND ;) may have done it. Looking at the pic, it seems that the upper leaves are OK. I wouldn't worry!
    Could it be scorch Sawfish? If you've just put them out the leaves will be a bit tender and a bit of water plus the VERY HOT SUN WE GET HERE IN SCOTLAND ;) may have done it. Looking at the pic, it seems that the upper leaves are OK. I wouldn't...
    Could it be scorch Sawfish? If you've just put them out the leaves will be a bit tender and a bit of water plus the VERY HOT SUN WE GET HERE IN SCOTLAND ;) may have done it. Looking at the pic,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Lady Gardener

butterfly hotel

http://www.nestbox.co.uk/butterflyhouse.shtmlhere it is..and i must say it looks rather grand!!
    http://www.nestbox.co.uk/butterflyhouse.shtmlhere it is..and i must say it looks rather grand!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. EarthWormJim

Rhododendron and Azaleae in clay..?

CheersI'll pop them in, give them some acid and hope for the best.Thanks againJim
    CheersI'll pop them in, give them some acid and hope for the best.Thanks againJim
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. lazy-gardener

mahonia- all that rust!

Black spot is far less serious - so that is good news! It is not a fungus, but a bacteria (Pseudomonus. It is spread by insects and even rain splashes. It is unsightly and heavily infected...
    Black spot is far less serious - so that is good news! It is not a fungus, but a bacteria (Pseudomonus. It is spread by insects and even rain splashes. It is unsightly and heavily infected leaves on roses will fall and spread the bacteria. Best thing is to remove all infected leaves now so...
    Black spot is far less serious - so that is good news! It is not a fungus, but a bacteria (Pseudomonus. It is spread by insects and even rain splashes. It is unsightly and heavily infected leaves on roses will fall and spread the bacteria. ...
    Black spot is far less serious - so that is good news! It is not a fungus, but a bacteria (Pseudomonus. It is spread by insects and even rain splashes. It is unsightly and heavily infected...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. rosietutu

Photobucket

Thanks Elaine I will try that and write down the numbers afore I forget em. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Hornbeam

Ground elder

Thanks Liz,I don't let it flower and try and pull as much out as I can, the roots dissapear under the gravel section of the garden. Thank goodness I forced my hubby to put a liner down before...
    Thanks Liz,I don't let it flower and try and pull as much out as I can, the roots dissapear under the gravel section of the garden. Thank goodness I forced my hubby to put a liner down before laying the gravel or I think it would have taken over by now. :eek:
    Thanks Liz,I don't let it flower and try and pull as much out as I can, the roots dissapear under the gravel section of the garden. Thank goodness I forced my hubby to put a liner down before laying the gravel or I think it would have taken...
    Thanks Liz,I don't let it flower and try and pull as much out as I can, the roots dissapear under the gravel section of the garden. Thank goodness I forced my hubby to put a liner down before...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Hornbeam

Ground elder

Thanks Liz,I don't let it flower and try and pull as much out as I can, the roots dissapear under the gravel section of the garden. Thank goodness I forced my hubby to put a liner down before laying the gravel or I think it would have taken over by now. :eek:
    Thanks Liz,I don't let it flower and try and pull as much out as I can, the roots dissapear under the gravel section of the garden. Thank goodness I forced my hubby to put a liner down before laying the gravel or I think it would have taken...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Dave W

Making nice round holes in black polythene

I know it's difficult to get rid of ground elder, but I would try to stop it getting into the asparagus rather than trying to starve it out once it's there. Asparagus roots like to spread and I...
    I know it's difficult to get rid of ground elder, but I would try to stop it getting into the asparagus rather than trying to starve it out once it's there. Asparagus roots like to spread and I think it would be better to put a vertical barrier between asparagus and ground elder, ie put some...
    I know it's difficult to get rid of ground elder, but I would try to stop it getting into the asparagus rather than trying to starve it out once it's there. Asparagus roots like to spread and I think it would be better to put a vertical barrier...
    I know it's difficult to get rid of ground elder, but I would try to stop it getting into the asparagus rather than trying to starve it out once it's there. Asparagus roots like to spread and I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. cambo

mountain stream liner

Why not paint the concrete with G4. Usually takes about 4 coats and is available in black or clear. It is totally waterproof and is used to seal concrete ponds so a stream should be no problem...
    Why not paint the concrete with G4. Usually takes about 4 coats and is available in black or clear. It is totally waterproof and is used to seal concrete ponds so a stream should be no problem plus you wont have creases from the liner to worry about.John.
    Why not paint the concrete with G4. Usually takes about 4 coats and is available in black or clear. It is totally waterproof and is used to seal concrete ponds so a stream should be no problem plus you wont have creases from the liner to worry...
    Why not paint the concrete with G4. Usually takes about 4 coats and is available in black or clear. It is totally waterproof and is used to seal concrete ponds so a stream should be no problem...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Stingo

Peony help - Bowl of Beauty

Thanks Palustris I will get some today, thought it may benefit from dividing but apparantly they don't like to be moved?
    Thanks Palustris I will get some today, thought it may benefit from dividing but apparantly they don't like to be moved?
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Hedgetrimmer

Bark mulch as weed control

I have used bark mulch for 2 or 3 years without any problem. However it does its job very efficiently and stops things self seeding. Some plants are short lived and it is the self seeding that...
    I have used bark mulch for 2 or 3 years without any problem. However it does its job very efficiently and stops things self seeding. Some plants are short lived and it is the self seeding that keeps the line going. But that is stopped with a thick mulch.
    I have used bark mulch for 2 or 3 years without any problem. However it does its job very efficiently and stops things self seeding. Some plants are short lived and it is the self seeding that keeps the line going. But that is stopped with a...
    I have used bark mulch for 2 or 3 years without any problem. However it does its job very efficiently and stops things self seeding. Some plants are short lived and it is the self seeding that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. sharon

Indoor plant for bathroom

Thanks for that, answers my question why I couldnt find one for myself.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Liz

Help please?

They are now all in pots and looking well. As you have them outside pete, does that mean they don't need heat at this time of year, or should I keep them in greenhouse until bigger? They now have...
    They are now all in pots and looking well. As you have them outside pete, does that mean they don't need heat at this time of year, or should I keep them in greenhouse until bigger? They now have frondy tops.
    They are now all in pots and looking well. As you have them outside pete, does that mean they don't need heat at this time of year, or should I keep them in greenhouse until bigger? They now have frondy tops.
    They are now all in pots and looking well. As you have them outside pete, does that mean they don't need heat at this time of year, or should I keep them in greenhouse until bigger? They now have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Liz

Primroses

Hi folks, I have some AQUILEGIA SEEDS TO OFFER IF ANY ONE WANTS THEM . FLOWERS PURE WHITE, DEEP PURPLE, AND LILAC AND WHITE MIX THIS ONE IS VERIEGATED LEAVES. SEND ME PM AND ADDRESS.fancy. :D
    Hi folks, I have some AQUILEGIA SEEDS TO OFFER IF ANY ONE WANTS THEM . FLOWERS PURE WHITE, DEEP PURPLE, AND LILAC AND WHITE MIX THIS ONE IS VERIEGATED LEAVES. SEND ME PM AND ADDRESS.fancy. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. The Pea Of Sweetness

Any ideas for a nice sweet smelling climber

Waheyy! the ladies back!!Nice one for that, i'll have nosey!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Hornbeam

Woad

I have some of this allthough mine isnt in flower yet..it smells lovely..
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Scarecrow

Ratio of soil/sand/seed

Fantastic.Thanks, Liz.
    Fantastic.Thanks, Liz.
    Fantastic.Thanks, Liz.
    Fantastic.Thanks, Liz.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. robbsy1

Pergola and screen

Looks good now, so think how lovely it will be with plants growing up!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. lazy-gardener

mining bees??

There were just a few about today before the heavens opened up and the pics I did manage have not come out well so I won't post them. I'll try again on Monday(Mutters dark mutterings about...
    There were just a few about today before the heavens opened up and the pics I did manage have not come out well so I won't post them. I'll try again on Monday(Mutters dark mutterings about stupid auto focus cameras! :mad: )
    There were just a few about today before the heavens opened up and the pics I did manage have not come out well so I won't post them. I'll try again on Monday(Mutters dark mutterings about stupid auto focus cameras! :mad: )
    There were just a few about today before the heavens opened up and the pics I did manage have not come out well so I won't post them. I'll try again on Monday(Mutters dark mutterings about...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice