1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Spacemunkey
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. NigelJ
    Like x 3

New Greenhouse

Right, just ordered and paid deposit on new greenhouse. See how long it takes to fill both.
    Right, just ordered and paid deposit on new greenhouse. See how long it takes to fill both.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Sargan

Tomato alternate growing systems

Did you track down a good on-line source?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Spacemunkey

Louvre Vent. Where to place it???

Hopefully outside this time lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. stumorphmac

shade cloth

Thanks for your replys adn jane always interested in recycling
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Tomhip

bubblewrap

Blimey Zigs that's a new one to me! So much more to consider now. Alex I take your advice on the compost. Thank you both I'm still learning even at my age. Tom
    Blimey Zigs that's a new one to me! So much more to consider now. Alex I take your advice on the compost. Thank you both I'm still learning even at my age. Tom
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Tomhip

Peas

John I grew peas in the greenhouse last year and realised that my limited success was probably Down to the temperature among other things although I thought that I had provided adequate...
    John I grew peas in the greenhouse last year and realised that my limited success was probably Down to the temperature among other things although I thought that I had provided adequate ventilation! my intention is an early start and then move them outside but I am thankful for your advice pal...
    John I grew peas in the greenhouse last year and realised that my limited success was probably Down to the temperature among other things although I thought that I had provided adequate ventilation! my intention is an early start and then move...
    John I grew peas in the greenhouse last year and realised that my limited success was probably Down to the temperature among other things although I thought that I had provided adequate...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. peter121

re cucumber.

I usually sow in early to mid April, but bring them on in big pots in our heated porch before I plant out in a polytunnel in mid May. Cucs as far as I remember, don't like temperatures below 10C...
    I usually sow in early to mid April, but bring them on in big pots in our heated porch before I plant out in a polytunnel in mid May. Cucs as far as I remember, don't like temperatures below 10C as it sets them back.
    I usually sow in early to mid April, but bring them on in big pots in our heated porch before I plant out in a polytunnel in mid May. Cucs as far as I remember, don't like temperatures below 10C as it sets them back.
    I usually sow in early to mid April, but bring them on in big pots in our heated porch before I plant out in a polytunnel in mid May. Cucs as far as I remember, don't like temperatures below 10C...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Vince
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Snorky85

Capillary Matting

Hi @shiney - thanks for the offer - but don't worry about a picture. Its all water under the bridge now.I did try to Google the history of capilliary matting, but found nothing. Though I did...
    Hi @shiney - thanks for the offer - but don't worry about a picture. Its all water under the bridge now.I did try to Google the history of capilliary matting, but found nothing. Though I did find one company that sells matting made from recycled cotton and wool. That surprised me. I think it...
    Hi @shiney - thanks for the offer - but don't worry about a picture. Its all water under the bridge now.I did try to Google the history of capilliary matting, but found nothing. Though I did find one company that sells matting made from...
    Hi @shiney - thanks for the offer - but don't worry about a picture. Its all water under the bridge now.I did try to Google the history of capilliary matting, but found nothing. Though I did...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. machineage

Greenhouse Glazing Seal - Identification?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiF15TgzKjQAhVBOMAKHdl8CVAQFggkMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sealsdirect.co.uk%2F&usg=AFQjCNEKxfn75khBPqJtrljmF2trlcs92wFound this hope it helpsThis one has Robinsons but is different to yours scrool to...
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiF15TgzKjQAhVBOMAKHdl8CVAQFggkMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sealsdirect.co.uk%2F&usg=AFQjCNEKxfn75khBPqJtrljmF2trlcs92wFound this hope it helpsThis one...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. machineage

Greenhouse Glass Retaining Strips Identification?!

Having researched this further - it appears the greenhouse could be a Robinsons model. I'll contact them to see of they can confirm. In the meantime we do have some other clips we can try.Many...
    Having researched this further - it appears the greenhouse could be a Robinsons model. I'll contact them to see of they can confirm. In the meantime we do have some other clips we can try.Many thanks!
    Having researched this further - it appears the greenhouse could be a Robinsons model. I'll contact them to see of they can confirm. In the meantime we do have some other clips we can try.Many thanks!
    Having researched this further - it appears the greenhouse could be a Robinsons model. I'll contact them to see of they can confirm. In the meantime we do have some other clips we can try.Many...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Snorky85

Plug plants inthe greenhouse?

Thanks peeps. Got them all planted over the weekend and sorted my greenhouse out. Just got to keep them alive now. Got A decent price for them!
    Thanks peeps. Got them all planted over the weekend and sorted my greenhouse out. Just got to keep them alive now. Got A decent price for them!
    IMG_4974.JPG IMG_4975.JPG IMG_4987.JPG IMG_4988.JPG IMG_4991.JPG IMG_5022.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. burnie

Rhino charging my way

Thanks....I'll check out Greenhouse direct :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. herriotfan

Recommendations please

My new Rhinos, just been delivered and the fitter comes to build it on Friday, I've gone for the 8x12 as I'm pushed for room, but should feed the two of us comfortably
    My new Rhinos, just been delivered and the fitter comes to build it on Friday, I've gone for the 8x12 as I'm pushed for room, but should feed the two of us comfortably
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Eco Simon

Self powered heated greenhouse

The victorians were great innovators, most of the farm work and transportation of goods involved horses so they had an abundance of manure which they put to good use.
    The victorians were great innovators, most of the farm work and transportation of goods involved horses so they had an abundance of manure which they put to good use.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. ellabella

Red spider mite on Nectarine

Just out of interest, this is what the professionals use. There are probably others. Its a very simple one spray early in the season.
    Just out of interest, this is what the professionals use. There are probably others. Its a very simple one spray early in the season.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Kimberley

Woman on a Mission

Yes thank you ☺
    Yes thank you ☺
    Yes thank you ☺
    Yes thank you ☺
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Kimberley
    Friendly x 4

I could scream

I found a band of copper tape and spraying the bottom 6" with WD40 , worked really well at keeping the blighters out . I now have some nice plastic raffia containers so don't want to stick tape...
    I found a band of copper tape and spraying the bottom 6" with WD40 , worked really well at keeping the blighters out . I now have some nice plastic raffia containers so don't want to stick tape and spray them , I use Bio-slug pellets sparingly , this works until you forget , then the boogers...
    I found a band of copper tape and spraying the bottom 6" with WD40 , worked really well at keeping the blighters out . I now have some nice plastic raffia containers so don't want to stick tape and spray them , I use Bio-slug pellets sparingly ,...
    I found a band of copper tape and spraying the bottom 6" with WD40 , worked really well at keeping the blighters out . I now have some nice plastic raffia containers so don't want to stick tape...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Kimberley

Jasmine

Purchased some jasmine seeds just a few weeks ago, planted them 24 hours after i'd soaked them in warm water, today looking in the greenhouse two have made an appearance☺☺
    Purchased some jasmine seeds just a few weeks ago, planted them 24 hours after i'd soaked them in warm water, today looking in the greenhouse two have made an appearance☺☺
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options