1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Mellor3456

Automatic watering

Hi Mellor welcome to the forum, i bought these Grow Bag Waterer - 2810- Hozelock last year when we went away, we only went for a week and the plants was fine still some water left in the...
    Hi Mellor welcome to the forum, i bought these Grow Bag Waterer - 2810- Hozelock last year when we went away, we only went for a week and the plants was fine still some water left in the reservoir,Usually more you pay for a system the better it should be,BUT it would be very easy to make...
    Hi Mellor welcome to the forum, i bought these Grow Bag Waterer - 2810- Hozelock last year when we went away, we only went for a week and the plants was fine still some water left in the reservoir,Usually more you pay for a system the better...
    Hi Mellor welcome to the forum, i bought these Grow Bag Waterer - 2810- Hozelock last year when we went away, we only went for a week and the plants was fine still some water left in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Mellor3456

Upgrading Basic Greenhouse

@Mellor3456 :sign0016: to GC and nice to have you with us :grphg:You'll get many replies on your greenhouse with so many members having them :)
    @Mellor3456 :sign0016: to GC and nice to have you with us :grphg:You'll get many replies on your greenhouse with so many members having them :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. jane0o0

Cucumber Sweet Peppers Aubergine

It's likely you only have females to begin with.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. jane0o0

Shading Advice

Thanks Irmemac...I have a elastic bungee cord which I will use to hold them down, which should be strong enough to stop them from flying away.
    Thanks Irmemac...I have a elastic bungee cord which I will use to hold them down, which should be strong enough to stop them from flying away.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. jane0o0

Moving stuff into Greenhouse

Hi,At the very least you need to shut the windows at night, but thats where an auto vent add on kit becomes your best friend.You start feeding once the first fruits have 'set' eg you can just...
    Hi,At the very least you need to shut the windows at night, but thats where an auto vent add on kit becomes your best friend.You start feeding once the first fruits have 'set' eg you can just see the little green toms as the flowers begin to fade.What you may also need to do is hand...
    Hi,At the very least you need to shut the windows at night, but thats where an auto vent add on kit becomes your best friend.You start feeding once the first fruits have 'set' eg you can just see the little green toms as the flowers begin to...
    Hi,At the very least you need to shut the windows at night, but thats where an auto vent add on kit becomes your best friend.You start feeding once the first fruits have 'set' eg you can just...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Grumps

Tomato growing

That is my old 8 x 6 greenhouse 21 plants in there, too many really but a great crop. I put 28 in my new set up two 8 x6 greenhouses end to end, some in quadgrows some in 12" pots. If you have a...
    That is my old 8 x 6 greenhouse 21 plants in there, too many really but a great crop. I put 28 in my new set up two 8 x6 greenhouses end to end, some in quadgrows some in 12" pots. If you have a border sinking 12" pots into the border with plenty of holes drilled into the bottom allowing roots...
    That is my old 8 x 6 greenhouse 21 plants in there, too many really but a great crop. I put 28 in my new set up two 8 x6 greenhouses end to end, some in quadgrows some in 12" pots. If you have a border sinking 12" pots into the border with plenty...
    That is my old 8 x 6 greenhouse 21 plants in there, too many really but a great crop. I put 28 in my new set up two 8 x6 greenhouses end to end, some in quadgrows some in 12" pots. If you have a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Notty1975

Recommend a window Opener

You can buy auto vents, and new pistons, off of Ebay for around £13.I'm going to get one for a new vent I've put in.
    You can buy auto vents, and new pistons, off of Ebay for around £13.I'm going to get one for a new vent I've put in.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. TMAK

Wrong size glass

I had to replace 2 panes last week, went to glazier and asked for a standard horti glass 2ft pane, and I needed the triangular piece for the apex, which I did have the old one with a corner...
    I had to replace 2 panes last week, went to glazier and asked for a standard horti glass 2ft pane, and I needed the triangular piece for the apex, which I did have the old one with a corner missing, he may have cut the triangle but they keep the squares ready cut, he informed me 610 is size now,...
    I had to replace 2 panes last week, went to glazier and asked for a standard horti glass 2ft pane, and I needed the triangular piece for the apex, which I did have the old one with a corner missing, he may have cut the triangle but they keep the...
    I had to replace 2 panes last week, went to glazier and asked for a standard horti glass 2ft pane, and I needed the triangular piece for the apex, which I did have the old one with a corner...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JWK
    Like x 17

New Greenhouse

Hi Lori,What you see is the remote monitor set up on my desk in the house so I can see whats going on in the greenhouse.Its part of my own diy system built and programmed using an Arduino...
    Hi Lori,What you see is the remote monitor set up on my desk in the house so I can see whats going on in the greenhouse.Its part of my own diy system built and programmed using an Arduino micro controller. I put a few details of it in a post earlier, an interesting hobby generally for...
    Hi Lori,What you see is the remote monitor set up on my desk in the house so I can see whats going on in the greenhouse.Its part of my own diy system built and programmed using an Arduino micro controller. I put a few details of it in a post...
    Hi Lori,What you see is the remote monitor set up on my desk in the house so I can see whats going on in the greenhouse.Its part of my own diy system built and programmed using an Arduino...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Matt-tropical

Advice in temperature

Thanks for the great responses everyone really glad I joined here:hapydancsmil:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Loki

Starting hardy annuals in the greenhouse

Well it could have been a mistake, chilly here now, but some of the pricked out plants are in the greenhouse :fingers crossed: I'm still sowing and growing indoors but I will try sowing some hardy annuals in the...
    Well it could have been a mistake, chilly here now, but some of the pricked out plants are in the greenhouse :fingers crossed: I'm still sowing and growing indoors but I will try sowing some hardy annuals in the greenhouse after this Monday ( wintery weather forecast again :frown:) thanks for all the tips and advice :dbgrtmb:
    Well it could have been a mistake, chilly here now, but some of the pricked out plants are in the greenhouse :fingers crossed: I'm still sowing and growing indoors but I will try sowing some hardy annuals in the greenhouse after this Monday ( wintery weather...
    Well it could have been a mistake, chilly here now, but some of the pricked out plants are in the greenhouse :fingers crossed: I'm still sowing and growing indoors but I will try sowing some hardy annuals in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. JWK

Cut flowers over winter suggestions please

@KFF Carnations are a beautiful flower :wub2:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. kerrygirl

Help please

I hear you Gail 68 thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. NigelJ
    Like x 5

New Greenhouse

With such a large project, best not to rush it ;)Looking forward to seeing the finished result - you've certainly worked hard on it and I have no doubt at all that you will make it earn its keep :thumbsup:
    With such a large project, best not to rush it ;)Looking forward to seeing the finished result - you've certainly worked hard on it and I have no doubt at all that you will make it earn its keep :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. hydrogardener
    Like x 3

Temporary shade

The topic at this month's meeting of the Northeastern New York orchid society meeting was growing orchids using a semi-hydroponic method. It is a simple inexpensive method of growing orchids and...
    The topic at this month's meeting of the Northeastern New York orchid society meeting was growing orchids using a semi-hydroponic method. It is a simple inexpensive method of growing orchids and once the plant is established it is virtually impossible to overwater the plant, as it will be...
    The topic at this month's meeting of the Northeastern New York orchid society meeting was growing orchids using a semi-hydroponic method. It is a simple inexpensive method of growing orchids and once the plant is established it is virtually...
    The topic at this month's meeting of the Northeastern New York orchid society meeting was growing orchids using a semi-hydroponic method. It is a simple inexpensive method of growing orchids and...
    shade.jpg orch1.jpg orch2.jpg orch3.jpg shade.jpg Piping Rock.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Irmemac
    Like x 8

So Excited.... First Ever Greenhouse!

Hmm. Lots to think about there, @ricky101! Had already decided just to try a bit of experimenting this year, so was thinking about using the greenhouse for tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, strawberries...
    Hmm. Lots to think about there, @ricky101! Had already decided just to try a bit of experimenting this year, so was thinking about using the greenhouse for tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, strawberries and germinating seeds for containers and hanging baskets. I'm not going to be able to commit to...
    Hmm. Lots to think about there, @ricky101! Had already decided just to try a bit of experimenting this year, so was thinking about using the greenhouse for tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, strawberries and germinating seeds for containers and hanging...
    Hmm. Lots to think about there, @ricky101! Had already decided just to try a bit of experimenting this year, so was thinking about using the greenhouse for tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, strawberries...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Redwing

Polycarbonate Greenhouses

What a shame the first greenhouse didn't work out. I'm glad you got your money back in the end. The new lean to gr enhouse looks great. Like others, I really like the double doors. Much more...
    What a shame the first greenhouse didn't work out. I'm glad you got your money back in the end. The new lean to gr enhouse looks great. Like others, I really like the double doors. Much more practical, and sound ideal for what you want to do with yours. Enjoy, when it arrives :spinning:.
    What a shame the first greenhouse didn't work out. I'm glad you got your money back in the end. The new lean to gr enhouse looks great. Like others, I really like the double doors. Much more practical, and sound ideal for what you want to do...
    What a shame the first greenhouse didn't work out. I'm glad you got your money back in the end. The new lean to gr enhouse looks great. Like others, I really like the double doors. Much more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. martin-f

Disinfecting greenhouse

No I love the smell of Jeyes fluid :blue thumb: Just the price I don't like !
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ricky101

Too much of a good thing ?

Hi KFF,Thanks for that interesting info, partic the last point about dryness vs the coldThe only place I can keep them all is the greenhouse, but that will have a heater added to keep it all...
    Hi KFF,Thanks for that interesting info, partic the last point about dryness vs the coldThe only place I can keep them all is the greenhouse, but that will have a heater added to keep it all frost free via a good electronic stat at 4c.The potential problem is that the daytime temps can get...
    Hi KFF,Thanks for that interesting info, partic the last point about dryness vs the coldThe only place I can keep them all is the greenhouse, but that will have a heater added to keep it all frost free via a good electronic stat at 4c.The...
    Hi KFF,Thanks for that interesting info, partic the last point about dryness vs the coldThe only place I can keep them all is the greenhouse, but that will have a heater added to keep it all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. ricky101

Suitable Heater for largish propagator ?

Would love one, but don't think my neighbours would ! (small urban back gardens) :)
    Would love one, but don't think my neighbours would ! (small urban back gardens) :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options