1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. MrHappyDays

Netting v painting glass

Know what you mean, often tried to come up with a practical idea for some automatic variable shading using slats or roller blinds etc operated by a motor or linear actuator but finding some...
    Know what you mean, often tried to come up with a practical idea for some automatic variable shading using slats or roller blinds etc operated by a motor or linear actuator but finding some material strong and light enough and that can withstand some wind etc hard to find without spending a...
    Know what you mean, often tried to come up with a practical idea for some automatic variable shading using slats or roller blinds etc operated by a motor or linear actuator but finding some material strong and light enough and that can withstand...
    Know what you mean, often tried to come up with a practical idea for some automatic variable shading using slats or roller blinds etc operated by a motor or linear actuator but finding some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. L5730

Growhouse newbie. Advice on shade net, thermometer, venting, etc.

We screw some smallish (eg 25mm )Cup Hooks into frame so we can secure the netting / timber battens to them.The shading is more effective if its reasonably taught across the framework so there...
    We screw some smallish (eg 25mm )Cup Hooks into frame so we can secure the netting / timber battens to them.The shading is more effective if its reasonably taught across the framework so there is a small air gap between the glazing and the netting. This allows the heat to be vented before it...
    We screw some smallish (eg 25mm )Cup Hooks into frame so we can secure the netting / timber battens to them.The shading is more effective if its reasonably taught across the framework so there is a small air gap between the glazing and the...
    We screw some smallish (eg 25mm )Cup Hooks into frame so we can secure the netting / timber battens to them.The shading is more effective if its reasonably taught across the framework so there...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Webmaster
    Like x 16

Rebuilt my Greenhouse..... Finally.

Yes - some of those cans are a ridiculous price @CarolineL ! I wouldn't be getting anything fancy, and the weight doesn't bother me at all, so it's just a question of buying something that...
    Yes - some of those cans are a ridiculous price @CarolineL ! I wouldn't be getting anything fancy, and the weight doesn't bother me at all, so it's just a question of buying something that preferably isn't plastic, but it's not always easy to make those decisions. I checked with a seller to...
    Yes - some of those cans are a ridiculous price @CarolineL ! I wouldn't be getting anything fancy, and the weight doesn't bother me at all, so it's just a question of buying something that preferably isn't plastic, but it's not always easy to...
    Yes - some of those cans are a ridiculous price @CarolineL ! I wouldn't be getting anything fancy, and the weight doesn't bother me at all, so it's just a question of buying something that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. MrHappyDays

Slugs and greenhouses

When I used to use the old banned slug pellets the birds never touched the poisoned slugs and snails. The slugs used to foam very quickly then dry up. I have read that the new slug pellets with...
    When I used to use the old banned slug pellets the birds never touched the poisoned slugs and snails. The slugs used to foam very quickly then dry up. I have read that the new slug pellets with iron in them aren't good for birds and hedgehogs either. I tread on snails and snip slugs, but it's...
    When I used to use the old banned slug pellets the birds never touched the poisoned slugs and snails. The slugs used to foam very quickly then dry up. I have read that the new slug pellets with iron in them aren't good for birds and hedgehogs...
    When I used to use the old banned slug pellets the birds never touched the poisoned slugs and snails. The slugs used to foam very quickly then dry up. I have read that the new slug pellets with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ricky101

Removing heat from Seedlings ?

Just checking the Semps and lots are already coming through in just 9 days ! Wonder why they say 1 -2 months on the packet or did we just get lucky with some fresh seeds ?
    Just checking the Semps and lots are already coming through in just 9 days ! Wonder why they say 1 -2 months on the packet or did we just get lucky with some fresh seeds ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ricky101

Greenhouse Door Lock ?

Kids from other gardens, though they would have to jump a fence, easy enough for them.Parental guidance, these days ?? !! wishful thinking. Even when some broke the glass in full view of...
    Kids from other gardens, though they would have to jump a fence, easy enough for them.Parental guidance, these days ?? !! wishful thinking. Even when some broke the glass in full view of their parents they never offered to pay.The door is only open 6 to 8 " at most so hopefully too...
    Kids from other gardens, though they would have to jump a fence, easy enough for them.Parental guidance, these days ?? !! wishful thinking. Even when some broke the glass in full view of their parents they never offered to pay.The door...
    Kids from other gardens, though they would have to jump a fence, easy enough for them.Parental guidance, these days ?? !! wishful thinking. Even when some broke the glass in full view of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. KeiithC

Farmyard Manure and top soil mixture proportions for greenhouse rasied beds?

I very much doubt it, otherwise no synthetic fertiliser could be used. On Levingtons packaging, I think it just says, organic, no peat. There is only a very small percentage of cattle reared on...
    I very much doubt it, otherwise no synthetic fertiliser could be used. On Levingtons packaging, I think it just says, organic, no peat. There is only a very small percentage of cattle reared on organic farms anyways. So if it is available, the manure will probably be more expensive.
    I very much doubt it, otherwise no synthetic fertiliser could be used. On Levingtons packaging, I think it just says, organic, no peat. There is only a very small percentage of cattle reared on organic farms anyways. So if it is available, the...
    I very much doubt it, otherwise no synthetic fertiliser could be used. On Levingtons packaging, I think it just says, organic, no peat. There is only a very small percentage of cattle reared on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ricky101
    Informative x 3

Tropf Blumat Ceramic Watering Probe

As mentioned started 2 x 5" pots each with their own probes the other week.To start, the probes are filled with water and need to be placed into wet compost, as the compost dries it openes the...
    As mentioned started 2 x 5" pots each with their own probes the other week.To start, the probes are filled with water and need to be placed into wet compost, as the compost dries it openes the little valve to allow the fresh water to flow. This has happened just once for both pots in the last...
    As mentioned started 2 x 5" pots each with their own probes the other week.To start, the probes are filled with water and need to be placed into wet compost, as the compost dries it openes the little valve to allow the fresh water to flow. This...
    As mentioned started 2 x 5" pots each with their own probes the other week.To start, the probes are filled with water and need to be placed into wet compost, as the compost dries it openes the...
    001923.jpg 001892.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. PhilC

How to secure bubble wrap to greenhouse?

bolt some timbers on to the glazing bars then use drawing pins or a staple gun
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Loofah
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. ricky101

Insulator ?

Its only a short term cover so expensive twinwall not an option, though we do use it for the greenhouse glazing, use a local company much cheaper that the diy stores, and they cut it to size with...
    Its only a short term cover so expensive twinwall not an option, though we do use it for the greenhouse glazing, use a local company much cheaper that the diy stores, and they cut it to size with a laser or similar, so no swarf inside. 10mm Clear Sunliteā„¢ Polycarbonate Twinwall Cut To Size
    Its only a short term cover so expensive twinwall not an option, though we do use it for the greenhouse glazing, use a local company much cheaper that the diy stores, and they cut it to size with a laser or similar, so no swarf inside. 10mm...
    Its only a short term cover so expensive twinwall not an option, though we do use it for the greenhouse glazing, use a local company much cheaper that the diy stores, and they cut it to size with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Allex

New 6' x 4' advice for the winter.

Yes it makes a huge difference where you are growing, I bet you don't get Polar Bears walking all over your garden either............................:biggrin:
    Yes it makes a huge difference where you are growing, I bet you don't get Polar Bears walking all over your garden either............................:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Spotty Muldoon

Tomato plant leaf problem

Thanks to you all. That's a relief.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Spotty Muldoon

New greenhouse leaking

We used to use the low modulus neutral cure silicon for glazing, I agree its softer than the usual type you see. It actually sticks to polycarbonate as well.
    We used to use the low modulus neutral cure silicon for glazing, I agree its softer than the usual type you see. It actually sticks to polycarbonate as well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Andy52

Greehouse window sealer

why not a clear silicone tube. kind you use for showers /bathrooms etc.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. James Benstead6

hardening off in greehouse

I've moved all my germinated seedlings out permanently into our unheated greenhouse now. Most nights they are returned to the bubble wrapped enclosure side of the greenhouse and in addition to...
    I've moved all my germinated seedlings out permanently into our unheated greenhouse now. Most nights they are returned to the bubble wrapped enclosure side of the greenhouse and in addition to this ( and depending on the temperatures) I add another covering of fleece or/ and very lightweight...
    I've moved all my germinated seedlings out permanently into our unheated greenhouse now. Most nights they are returned to the bubble wrapped enclosure side of the greenhouse and in addition to this ( and depending on the temperatures) I add...
    I've moved all my germinated seedlings out permanently into our unheated greenhouse now. Most nights they are returned to the bubble wrapped enclosure side of the greenhouse and in addition to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Maggiemay19

Greenhouse cat burglars!

I'm glad someone said it because I just snorted cornflakes out of my nose when I read that! Thanks @NigelJ for brightening my morning!
    I'm glad someone said it because I just snorted cornflakes out of my nose when I read that! Thanks @NigelJ for brightening my morning!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ricky101
    Like x 5

Greenhouse Bench Tips

I was thinking of small terracotta pots, it's the same thing though ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ricky101

Floodlight as Growlight ?

Thanks Lori, we do have some small white leds strips and a proper led grow light but they are more suited to small areas, just thought this 30w floodlamp with is wide beam might work more to...
    Thanks Lori, we do have some small white leds strips and a proper led grow light but they are more suited to small areas, just thought this 30w floodlamp with is wide beam might work more to cover a 4 or 6ft bench. As you say anything better than nothing.
    Thanks Lori, we do have some small white leds strips and a proper led grow light but they are more suited to small areas, just thought this 30w floodlamp with is wide beam might work more to cover a 4 or 6ft bench. As you say anything better...
    Thanks Lori, we do have some small white leds strips and a proper led grow light but they are more suited to small areas, just thought this 30w floodlamp with is wide beam might work more to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sargan

Tomatoes for next year

Tomato Taste Test 2022
    Tomato Taste Test 2022
    Tomato Taste Test 2022
    Tomato Taste Test 2022
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice