1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Spruce

Greenhouse parrafin heater ????

hi.i had 3 parasene big red heaters in my greenhouses years ago all rubbish I was using 4lts a night no good got my old Aladdin 201 202 and 203 heaters all my 3 greenhouses are full of bedding...
    hi.i had 3 parasene big red heaters in my greenhouses years ago all rubbish I was using 4lts a night no good got my old Aladdin 201 202 and 203 heaters all my 3 greenhouses are full of bedding plants.
    hi.i had 3 parasene big red heaters in my greenhouses years ago all rubbish I was using 4lts a night no good got my old Aladdin 201 202 and 203 heaters all my 3 greenhouses are full of bedding plants.
    hi.i had 3 parasene big red heaters in my greenhouses years ago all rubbish I was using 4lts a night no good got my old Aladdin 201 202 and 203 heaters all my 3 greenhouses are full of bedding...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. WillieBee

How easy (or hard !!) is it to dismantle an aluminium greenhouse ?

Agree, also with my type the spring loses tension once taken on/off a few times, so new ones are a good idea (and pretty cheap too on tinternet)
    Agree, also with my type the spring loses tension once taken on/off a few times, so new ones are a good idea (and pretty cheap too on tinternet)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Auntpol

greenhouse heater / camping battery?

If anything I think Electric will be cheaper (excluding the cost of connecting electricity to the greenhouse) In a normal/mild winter the heater will come on very little, the ability to...
    If anything I think Electric will be cheaper (excluding the cost of connecting electricity to the greenhouse) In a normal/mild winter the heater will come on very little, the ability to thermostatically control it means power is only used when the temperature is low. In a very cold winter the...
    If anything I think Electric will be cheaper (excluding the cost of connecting electricity to the greenhouse) In a normal/mild winter the heater will come on very little, the ability to thermostatically control it means power is only used when...
    If anything I think Electric will be cheaper (excluding the cost of connecting electricity to the greenhouse) In a normal/mild winter the heater will come on very little, the ability to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. justsomeguy

Eltex greenhouse heater

I have recently acquired one of these and have absolutely no idea how to replace the wick or even control the flame. The knob mechanism does not turn and it doesn't look like like anything else I...
    I have recently acquired one of these and have absolutely no idea how to replace the wick or even control the flame. The knob mechanism does not turn and it doesn't look like like anything else I can find online. Also, the wich housing part is held in with one screw and 2 x rivets. Any...
    I have recently acquired one of these and have absolutely no idea how to replace the wick or even control the flame. The knob mechanism does not turn and it doesn't look like like anything else I can find online. Also, the wich housing part is...
    I have recently acquired one of these and have absolutely no idea how to replace the wick or even control the flame. The knob mechanism does not turn and it doesn't look like like anything else I...
    Eltex heater.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kayleigh

What can I grow from seed in my greenhouse during winter?

You can sow Parsley in autumn, for it to grow (slowly) through winter.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. chitting kaz

how to sterilise green house

Hugs kaz
    Hugs kaz
    Hugs kaz
    Hugs kaz
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Aesculus

How much does it cost to heat a greenhouse?

How are you heating your greenhouse?
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. David Smith

Best Greenhouse base?

Pretty much. The plants perform the expensive compression phase for free (liquid to gas ), which takes a lot of energy but again its provided for free by the sun. The fan just moves the vapour to...
    Pretty much. The plants perform the expensive compression phase for free (liquid to gas ), which takes a lot of energy but again its provided for free by the sun. The fan just moves the vapour to the "condenser", which is the soilmass/heatsink. The system just takes advantage of what plants do...
    Pretty much. The plants perform the expensive compression phase for free (liquid to gas ), which takes a lot of energy but again its provided for free by the sun. The fan just moves the vapour to the "condenser", which is the...
    Pretty much. The plants perform the expensive compression phase for free (liquid to gas ), which takes a lot of energy but again its provided for free by the sun. The fan just moves the vapour to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Sardo Numspa

Growing peppers and tomatoes in small plastic greenhouse

Better late than never.I have been starting my tomatoes and pepper seedlings in one of these "blow aways" with a stack of bricks securing it and the results have been good.As far as pests...
    Better late than never.I have been starting my tomatoes and pepper seedlings in one of these "blow aways" with a stack of bricks securing it and the results have been good.As far as pests go, I need to be careful to keep the bigger plants away from the sides as once a slug finds it's way...
    Better late than never.I have been starting my tomatoes and pepper seedlings in one of these "blow aways" with a stack of bricks securing it and the results have been good.As far as pests go, I need to be careful to keep the bigger plants...
    Better late than never.I have been starting my tomatoes and pepper seedlings in one of these "blow aways" with a stack of bricks securing it and the results have been good.As far as pests...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Steve R

Electricity in the greenhouse

Only just noticed this. There are a few "errors / misconceptions" (sorry if I am being pedantic) First RCD stands for Residual Current Device. It Doesn't "monitor" anything on the earth wire...
    Only just noticed this. There are a few "errors / misconceptions" (sorry if I am being pedantic) First RCD stands for Residual Current Device. It Doesn't "monitor" anything on the earth wire because that may have been cut. (lawnmower etc) It actually "monitors" both the Live and Neutral, its...
    Only just noticed this. There are a few "errors / misconceptions" (sorry if I am being pedantic) First RCD stands for Residual Current Device. It Doesn't "monitor" anything on the earth wire because that may have been cut. (lawnmower etc) It...
    Only just noticed this. There are a few "errors / misconceptions" (sorry if I am being pedantic) First RCD stands for Residual Current Device. It Doesn't "monitor" anything on the earth wire...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. nearlygreenfingered

Greenhouse fumigation

a couple of years ago we were inundated with the flies off the horse muck in the pollytunnel, we had plants in there and did not want to use chemicals so we set fire to a load of paper in the...
    a couple of years ago we were inundated with the flies off the horse muck in the pollytunnel, we had plants in there and did not want to use chemicals so we set fire to a load of paper in the middle of the floor, and the smoke seemed to drive the flies out of the door dawn
    a couple of years ago we were inundated with the flies off the horse muck in the pollytunnel, we had plants in there and did not want to use chemicals so we set fire to a load of paper in the middle of the floor, and the smoke seemed to drive the...
    a couple of years ago we were inundated with the flies off the horse muck in the pollytunnel, we had plants in there and did not want to use chemicals so we set fire to a load of paper in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Adam Moran

Heating a mini greenhouse

I am not sure if this is true, but apparently the temperature immediatly next to a house wall can be a couple of degrees warmer. I have one of those small plastic greenhouses and have moved ours...
    I am not sure if this is true, but apparently the temperature immediatly next to a house wall can be a couple of degrees warmer. I have one of those small plastic greenhouses and have moved ours next to the wall. Everything seems ok inside, so I don't know if this has made a difference or not,...
    I am not sure if this is true, but apparently the temperature immediatly next to a house wall can be a couple of degrees warmer. I have one of those small plastic greenhouses and have moved ours next to the wall. Everything seems ok inside, so I...
    I am not sure if this is true, but apparently the temperature immediatly next to a house wall can be a couple of degrees warmer. I have one of those small plastic greenhouses and have moved ours...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. rustyroots

Creocote.

My brother used creosote to kill ivy. He reckons it's the only thing that works totally. :)
    My brother used creosote to kill ivy. He reckons it's the only thing that works totally. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. dave1510

Smashing Greenhouse!

How to stop greenhouse glass blowing out.About five years ago, having endured 3 years of glass 'exploding' out of my extremely exposed greenhouse, (and despite trying all the tricks suggested...
    How to stop greenhouse glass blowing out.About five years ago, having endured 3 years of glass 'exploding' out of my extremely exposed greenhouse, (and despite trying all the tricks suggested online), I came up with a solution that has resulted in NO loss of glass since that time (touch...
    How to stop greenhouse glass blowing out.About five years ago, having endured 3 years of glass 'exploding' out of my extremely exposed greenhouse, (and despite trying all the tricks suggested online), I came up with a solution that has resulted...
    How to stop greenhouse glass blowing out.About five years ago, having endured 3 years of glass 'exploding' out of my extremely exposed greenhouse, (and despite trying all the tricks suggested...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Roy Barfield

Elite Greenhouse Instructions

By all means, contact Elite but this link may help, it may not be for your exact model, but it should give you a starting point.
    By all means, contact Elite but this link may help, it may not be for your exact model, but it should give you a starting point.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ChrisClayton

Alternatives to Glass for Greenhouses

The spam link was removed from the post, I think, by Abby Black
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. MrsTea

Securing a plastic greenhouse to the ground

Hi Martin, thanks for the link. I do keep an eye on Gumtree, maybe I am lucky and find one for next year. I won't bother for this year, and hopefully be able to get one at the end of this season.
    Hi Martin, thanks for the link. I do keep an eye on Gumtree, maybe I am lucky and find one for next year. I won't bother for this year, and hopefully be able to get one at the end of this season.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. aneng

Suitable base for 8 x 6 greenhouse ?

Best option, worked for me for twenty years. If the ground is reasonably compacted after digging out, 3X2 paving slabs aren't goint to shift as long as they are level and the weight will be...
    Best option, worked for me for twenty years. If the ground is reasonably compacted after digging out, 3X2 paving slabs aren't goint to shift as long as they are level and the weight will be distributed along the length. Never had a paving slab crack.
    Best option, worked for me for twenty years. If the ground is reasonably compacted after digging out, 3X2 paving slabs aren't goint to shift as long as they are level and the weight will be distributed along the length. Never had a paving slab crack.
    Best option, worked for me for twenty years. If the ground is reasonably compacted after digging out, 3X2 paving slabs aren't goint to shift as long as they are level and the weight will be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. compost maker
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Ch3m

Walk in plastic greenhouse heating

In the greenhouse, a fan,lamp/heating mat are needed. Humidity also important in planting. And a thermostat/humidistat simplify all. Inkbird being the sponsor here in the forum, we are supplier...
    In the greenhouse, a fan,lamp/heating mat are needed. Humidity also important in planting. And a thermostat/humidistat simplify all. Inkbird being the sponsor here in the forum, we are supplier of humidity/temperature control. If anyone need us,please feel free to contact me directly.
    In the greenhouse, a fan,lamp/heating mat are needed. Humidity also important in planting. And a thermostat/humidistat simplify all. Inkbird being the sponsor here in the forum, we are supplier of humidity/temperature control. If anyone need...
    In the greenhouse, a fan,lamp/heating mat are needed. Humidity also important in planting. And a thermostat/humidistat simplify all. Inkbird being the sponsor here in the forum, we are supplier...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice