Herbs and Wildflowers

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley

COUNTRYSIDE CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PLANTS...

Good morning I am very fortunate that Ranscombe Farm reserve is less than 5 minutes from where I resideRanscombe Farm is Plantlife's largest nature reserve in England, occupying a total area of...
    Good morning I am very fortunate that Ranscombe Farm reserve is less than 5 minutes from where I resideRanscombe Farm is Plantlife's largest nature reserve in England, occupying a total area of 560 acres on the slopes of the North Downs in Kent. Recently declared as a country park, the reserve...
    Good morning I am very fortunate that Ranscombe Farm reserve is less than 5 minutes from where I resideRanscombe Farm is Plantlife's largest nature reserve in England, occupying a total area of 560 acres on the slopes of the North Downs in...
    Good morning I am very fortunate that Ranscombe Farm reserve is less than 5 minutes from where I resideRanscombe Farm is Plantlife's largest nature reserve in England, occupying a total area of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl

Wild flowers

The verges are snowy with bramble blossom. Every year a glut! And the rose hedging is colouring with hips. Flowery fruit.
    The verges are snowy with bramble blossom. Every year a glut! And the rose hedging is colouring with hips. Flowery fruit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Like x 5

THE UK’s TOP 7 HERBS..

There's lots of wild garlic in the woods near us
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley

WILDFLOWERS YOU HAVE SEEN WHILE OUT WALKING

Some lovely photos on this thread. The little celandines have just started opening over the last week or so round here.
    Some lovely photos on this thread. The little celandines have just started opening over the last week or so round here.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. jane

winter herbs

Hi Jane The term "herbs" is a very broad one, and many of the garden plants we see today originated in medieval monastery(Physick)gardens, & have medicinal properties and/or culinary uses....
    Hi Jane The term "herbs" is a very broad one, and many of the garden plants we see today originated in medieval monastery(Physick)gardens, & have medicinal properties and/or culinary uses. Although they are not generally used by the public now, they continue to be used by trained herbalists. If...
    Hi Jane The term "herbs" is a very broad one, and many of the garden plants we see today originated in medieval monastery(Physick)gardens, & have medicinal properties and/or culinary uses. Although they are not generally used by the public now,...
    Hi Jane The term "herbs" is a very broad one, and many of the garden plants we see today originated in medieval monastery(Physick)gardens, & have medicinal properties and/or culinary uses....
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. The Skiver

Herbs

Thanks, Bayleaf.I'd clean forgotten about Jekka McVicar and Lingfield is not too far from me.I'm not going to Chelsea [or Hampton Ct for that matter]. If you see anything interesting then...
    Thanks, Bayleaf.I'd clean forgotten about Jekka McVicar and Lingfield is not too far from me.I'm not going to Chelsea [or Hampton Ct for that matter]. If you see anything interesting then please do let me know.
    Thanks, Bayleaf.I'd clean forgotten about Jekka McVicar and Lingfield is not too far from me.I'm not going to Chelsea [or Hampton Ct for that matter]. If you see anything interesting then please do let me know.
    Thanks, Bayleaf.I'd clean forgotten about Jekka McVicar and Lingfield is not too far from me.I'm not going to Chelsea [or Hampton Ct for that matter]. If you see anything interesting then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. wheelbarrowman

hERB PLANTING.

Hi guys and gals,New on here just found you and would like to get some advise if possible please.I have planted some strawberries in good loom and their coming on brilliantly.I am now...
    Hi guys and gals,New on here just found you and would like to get some advise if possible please.I have planted some strawberries in good loom and their coming on brilliantly.I am now thinking of planting some herbs the same way, in an upside down 500 litre compost bin, that i have drilled...
    Hi guys and gals,New on here just found you and would like to get some advise if possible please.I have planted some strawberries in good loom and their coming on brilliantly.I am now thinking of planting some herbs the same way, in an...
    Hi guys and gals,New on here just found you and would like to get some advise if possible please.I have planted some strawberries in good loom and their coming on brilliantly.I am now...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wheelbarrowman

hERB PLANTING.

Hi guys and gals,New on here just found you and would like to get some advise if possible please.I have planted some strawberries in good loom and their coming on brilliantly.I am now thinking of planting some herbs the same way, in an upside down 500 litre compost bin, that i have drilled...
    Hi guys and gals,New on here just found you and would like to get some advise if possible please.I have planted some strawberries in good loom and their coming on brilliantly.I am now thinking of planting some herbs the same way, in an...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Drosera

Wild seed collecting

In our local "Evesham Journal" there is an article stating a decline in wild/woodland flowers,trees and shrubs by a third over the past 30years.The study is,Long-term Ecological Change in British...
    In our local "Evesham Journal" there is an article stating a decline in wild/woodland flowers,trees and shrubs by a third over the past 30years.The study is,Long-term Ecological Change in British Woodland (1971-2001). It appears the only tree to have thrived is the Holly! I can confirm that by...
    In our local "Evesham Journal" there is an article stating a decline in wild/woodland flowers,trees and shrubs by a third over the past 30years.The study is,Long-term Ecological Change in British Woodland (1971-2001). It appears the only tree to...
    In our local "Evesham Journal" there is an article stating a decline in wild/woodland flowers,trees and shrubs by a third over the past 30years.The study is,Long-term Ecological Change in British...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Stokie

wild garlic?

Can't believe that I have bought some today (only cost me 50p though!!) Definately won't plant it now and glad I read this before I did.Stingo
    Can't believe that I have bought some today (only cost me 50p though!!) Definately won't plant it now and glad I read this before I did.Stingo
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Lady Gardener

when does a wildflower......

Hmm! Well my defintion of a wildflower is something like: a plant that has not been sown, planted or cultivated. Native plants are harder to define because plants have been arriving in Britain...
    Hmm! Well my defintion of a wildflower is something like: a plant that has not been sown, planted or cultivated. Native plants are harder to define because plants have been arriving in Britain since the last ice age. One of the most fascinating studies is to see how they move around. The...
    Hmm! Well my defintion of a wildflower is something like: a plant that has not been sown, planted or cultivated. Native plants are harder to define because plants have been arriving in Britain since the last ice age. One of the most...
    Hmm! Well my defintion of a wildflower is something like: a plant that has not been sown, planted or cultivated. Native plants are harder to define because plants have been arriving in Britain...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Stingo

Wild flower seeds

The one I used to use - whose catalogue is extensive is John Chambers - I think its mail order only but it may be on line
    The one I used to use - whose catalogue is extensive is John Chambers - I think its mail order only but it may be on line
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. rosietutu

Wild flower or Weed?

I have something that looks like the first picture but not the second - not appearing just yet though - it will!
    I have something that looks like the first picture but not the second - not appearing just yet though - it will!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Stingo

Wild flowers in my garden

When the forget-me-nots stop flowering and go leggy like now, just pull them up and stick in the compost bin or wherever.Give them a shake before hand which will disperse the seeds and you...
    When the forget-me-nots stop flowering and go leggy like now, just pull them up and stick in the compost bin or wherever.Give them a shake before hand which will disperse the seeds and you should get another lovely display next spring.
    When the forget-me-nots stop flowering and go leggy like now, just pull them up and stick in the compost bin or wherever.Give them a shake before hand which will disperse the seeds and you should get another lovely display next spring.
    When the forget-me-nots stop flowering and go leggy like now, just pull them up and stick in the compost bin or wherever.Give them a shake before hand which will disperse the seeds and you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Poppy33

Wildflower mats

Stingo ..just as an afterthought the picture i put on here for you is the first year in this plot..its my old veg plot and i didnt start planting it till october last year..it needs improving so i...
    Stingo ..just as an afterthought the picture i put on here for you is the first year in this plot..its my old veg plot and i didnt start planting it till october last year..it needs improving so i will just work at it..but for year one i think its looking good..you could also start loads of...
    Stingo ..just as an afterthought the picture i put on here for you is the first year in this plot..its my old veg plot and i didnt start planting it till october last year..it needs improving so i will just work at it..but for year one i think...
    Stingo ..just as an afterthought the picture i put on here for you is the first year in this plot..its my old veg plot and i didnt start planting it till october last year..it needs improving so i...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Hornbeam

Garden-worthy wild flowers

Awww, thanks Hornbeam :D isn't it gorgeous?!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Hornbeam

Wild orchids

Do they like open chalk or woodland - wouldn't mind having a go with some given right conditions.
    Do they like open chalk or woodland - wouldn't mind having a go with some given right conditions.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. jay

Sowing yer wild oats!

How dare they, when I need them to be 50 yards away in my garden! Lol ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Hornbeam

Wild thyme

Shakespeare knew his wild flowers:"I know a bank whereon the wild thyme blows, Where oxlips and the nodding violet grows Quite over-canopied with luscious woodbine, With sweet musk-roses,...
    Shakespeare knew his wild flowers:"I know a bank whereon the wild thyme blows, Where oxlips and the nodding violet grows Quite over-canopied with luscious woodbine, With sweet musk-roses, and with eglantine: There sleeps Titania some time of the night, Lull�d in these flowers...
    Shakespeare knew his wild flowers:"I know a bank whereon the wild thyme blows, Where oxlips and the nodding violet grows Quite over-canopied with luscious woodbine, With sweet musk-roses, and with eglantine: There sleeps Titania some time...
    Shakespeare knew his wild flowers:"I know a bank whereon the wild thyme blows, Where oxlips and the nodding violet grows Quite over-canopied with luscious woodbine, With sweet musk-roses,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. pete

Question for the wildflower experts

Yes it looks the same to me Fran
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Victoria

Weed or Wildflower?

I haven't got the red leaves here, it's the stems that are red, but it sounds like the same culprit everywhere. Horrors!!!!
    I haven't got the red leaves here, it's the stems that are red, but it sounds like the same culprit everywhere. Horrors!!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Hornbeam

Weeds and wild flowers

jazid..I think what jay printed is the magical uses..they would use coltsfoot in magic potions to enable the love visions..actually being its added to herbal ciggarettes if you have any mullein...
    jazid..I think what jay printed is the magical uses..they would use coltsfoot in magic potions to enable the love visions..actually being its added to herbal ciggarettes if you have any mullein try smoking that as its a really nice smoke also.. :rolleyes:
    jazid..I think what jay printed is the magical uses..they would use coltsfoot in magic potions to enable the love visions..actually being its added to herbal ciggarettes if you have any mullein try smoking that as its a really nice smoke also.....
    jazid..I think what jay printed is the magical uses..they would use coltsfoot in magic potions to enable the love visions..actually being its added to herbal ciggarettes if you have any mullein...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Hornbeam

Herb ID

try these.. pale willowherb..epilabium lanceolaltum.. corn spurrey sorrell ? common gromwell..
    try these.. pale willowherb..epilabium lanceolaltum.. corn spurrey sorrell ? common gromwell..
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. sawfish

unknown herb

Be careful of it as it is a great spreader - by root and seed. Lovely herb though.
    Be careful of it as it is a great spreader - by root and seed. Lovely herb though.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice