1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Herbs and Wildflowers

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley

WILDFLOWERS YOU HAVE SEEN WHILE OUT WALKING

I took some seed from this big patch of white Honesty a couple of years ago, but have only succeeded in growing a couple of small plants so far. So I was pleased to find it in such good shape when...
    I took some seed from this big patch of white Honesty a couple of years ago, but have only succeeded in growing a couple of small plants so far. So I was pleased to find it in such good shape when out walking yesterday - I don't think I saw any there last year. I will make sure to collect more...
    I took some seed from this big patch of white Honesty a couple of years ago, but have only succeeded in growing a couple of small plants so far. So I was pleased to find it in such good shape when out walking yesterday - I don't think I saw any...
    I took some seed from this big patch of white Honesty a couple of years ago, but have only succeeded in growing a couple of small plants so far. So I was pleased to find it in such good shape when...
    celandine feb 2019.jpg coltsfoot feb 2019.jpg IMG_20190227_130706242.jpg IMG_20190227_130701282.jpg IMG_6618.JPG PURPLE 1.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl

Wild flowers

The verges are snowy with bramble blossom. Every year a glut! And the rose hedging is colouring with hips. Flowery fruit.
    The verges are snowy with bramble blossom. Every year a glut! And the rose hedging is colouring with hips. Flowery fruit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Like x 5

THE UK’s TOP 7 HERBS..

There's lots of wild garlic in the woods near us
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley

COUNTRYSIDE CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PLANTS...

Good morning I am very fortunate that Ranscombe Farm reserve is less than 5 minutes from where I resideRanscombe Farm is Plantlife's largest nature reserve in England, occupying a total area of...
    Good morning I am very fortunate that Ranscombe Farm reserve is less than 5 minutes from where I resideRanscombe Farm is Plantlife's largest nature reserve in England, occupying a total area of 560 acres on the slopes of the North Downs in Kent. Recently declared as a country park, the reserve...
    Good morning I am very fortunate that Ranscombe Farm reserve is less than 5 minutes from where I resideRanscombe Farm is Plantlife's largest nature reserve in England, occupying a total area of 560 acres on the slopes of the North Downs in...
    Good morning I am very fortunate that Ranscombe Farm reserve is less than 5 minutes from where I resideRanscombe Farm is Plantlife's largest nature reserve in England, occupying a total area of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. Mowerman

Your Top 5 Worst Weeds

I find the roots get tangled:love30: any of my plants near couch grass I've just given up on:sad:
    I find the roots get tangled:love30: any of my plants near couch grass I've just given up on:sad:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Trunky

Yellow wild flower ID please.

It was in the back of me head, good job google helped me spell it though :biggrin:
    It was in the back of me head, good job google helped me spell it though :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. mugsie

Yellow Clover

Thanks Armandii, that's a new one on me, we live and learn! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Mel03

Year 2 wildflower area

Usually in a wildflower mix there's a mix of perennial and annual, not sure if there's any perennial in that mix. I'd dig up the grasses and perhaps put some seed in its place.
    Usually in a wildflower mix there's a mix of perennial and annual, not sure if there's any perennial in that mix. I'd dig up the grasses and perhaps put some seed in its place.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. GardeningFanatic

Would these work?

I don't have any of that on my dry chalky hillside, however I reckon ferns and heuchera would be good. Others might know better than me.
    I don't have any of that on my dry chalky hillside, however I reckon ferns and heuchera would be good. Others might know better than me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. SUEP666

Wolfsbaine question !!!!

Hello ...anybody out there tell me if Wolfsbaine will exist ok in pots... I really want to grow some but have two dogs and so don't want to put them in the actual garden areas where they could...
    Hello ...anybody out there tell me if Wolfsbaine will exist ok in pots... I really want to grow some but have two dogs and so don't want to put them in the actual garden areas where they could rumble around in and disturb the plants.. Obviously being poisonous don't want to run the risk of them...
    Hello ...anybody out there tell me if Wolfsbaine will exist ok in pots... I really want to grow some but have two dogs and so don't want to put them in the actual garden areas where they could rumble around in and disturb the plants.. Obviously...
    Hello ...anybody out there tell me if Wolfsbaine will exist ok in pots... I really want to grow some but have two dogs and so don't want to put them in the actual garden areas where they could...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. jane

winter herbs

Hi Jane The term "herbs" is a very broad one, and many of the garden plants we see today originated in medieval monastery(Physick)gardens, & have medicinal properties and/or culinary uses....
    Hi Jane The term "herbs" is a very broad one, and many of the garden plants we see today originated in medieval monastery(Physick)gardens, & have medicinal properties and/or culinary uses. Although they are not generally used by the public now, they continue to be used by trained herbalists. If...
    Hi Jane The term "herbs" is a very broad one, and many of the garden plants we see today originated in medieval monastery(Physick)gardens, & have medicinal properties and/or culinary uses. Although they are not generally used by the public now,...
    Hi Jane The term "herbs" is a very broad one, and many of the garden plants we see today originated in medieval monastery(Physick)gardens, & have medicinal properties and/or culinary uses....
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Warwick lad

Will they survive??

Thanks, everyone I really want them to take off as the flavour of the parent bush is just great, so strong. BJ.
    Thanks, everyone I really want them to take off as the flavour of the parent bush is just great, so strong. BJ.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Paul Blackburn

Will these flower next year

Thanks, the big issue is where to put them all. the area in question is size able right now, I am thinking 10 foot by 8 foot flooded with the bulbs. just tons of bulbs under there need to...
    Thanks, the big issue is where to put them all. the area in question is size able right now, I am thinking 10 foot by 8 foot flooded with the bulbs. just tons of bulbs under there need to divide. I might give some to neighbors in the green and teach them how to plant them. over the years...
    Thanks, the big issue is where to put them all. the area in question is size able right now, I am thinking 10 foot by 8 foot flooded with the bulbs. just tons of bulbs under there need to divide. I might give some to neighbors in the green...
    Thanks, the big issue is where to put them all. the area in question is size able right now, I am thinking 10 foot by 8 foot flooded with the bulbs. just tons of bulbs under there need to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Sian in Belgium

Wildlife and wild flower advice.

I can recommend the bee book that JJ mentions......mine fell apart too and is now stuck together with cellotape. Father Christmas also brought mine last Xmas. :snork:
    I can recommend the bee book that JJ mentions......mine fell apart too and is now stuck together with cellotape. Father Christmas also brought mine last Xmas. :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Phil A

Wildlife & Countyside act,code of conduct.

I wonder if this point is handled by Scottish law, which is not the same as the law of England and Wales.
    I wonder if this point is handled by Scottish law, which is not the same as the law of England and Wales.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. seedstotal

Wildflowers?

I have grown many beautiful wildflowers from wildflower seed mixes. Among those good for bees are Coleus, lavenders and Hyssop. This is a good resource:
    I have grown many beautiful wildflowers from wildflower seed mixes. Among those good for bees are Coleus, lavenders and Hyssop. This is a good resource:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Victoria

Wildflowers or Cultivated?

Thats so pretty!!
    Thats so pretty!!
    Thats so pretty!!
    Thats so pretty!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Hornbeam

Wildflowers of the week

Hear Hear Nathan
    Hear Hear Nathan
    Hear Hear Nathan
    Hear Hear Nathan
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Phil A
    Like x 11

Wildflowers of the Dorset hills

There are about 10 types of Horsetail Nick, this is one of the bigger ones :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Victoria

Wildflowers of Portugal

wow. very pretty flowers. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Martin Holst

Wildflowers in Canary Islands in February?

Enjoy yourselves, mate!:gnthb::D
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Phil A

Wildflowers becoming extinct

Its already being done in some areas. While we were at large over the last few days I say lots of motorway verges full of flowers. Round our way they do it near some of the 'ordinary' roads...
    Its already being done in some areas. While we were at large over the last few days I say lots of motorway verges full of flowers. Round our way they do it near some of the 'ordinary' roads too. I think its great, but I also have reservations about encouraging the bees to forage near busy...
    Its already being done in some areas. While we were at large over the last few days I say lots of motorway verges full of flowers. Round our way they do it near some of the 'ordinary' roads too. I think its great, but I also have reservations...
    Its already being done in some areas. While we were at large over the last few days I say lots of motorway verges full of flowers. Round our way they do it near some of the 'ordinary' roads...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Liz

Wildflowers

That looks beautiful! :thumb:I'm planning to do the same with a bit of border up the side of my house.
    That looks beautiful! :thumb:I'm planning to do the same with a bit of border up the side of my house.
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. adamsh

Wildflowers

Hey all, Today I sowed some wild flower seeds into a 50cm pot, and some Phacelia tanacetifolia into a 35cm pot. I was unsure how many seeds I should sow, the entire packet of Wildflower covers...
    Hey all, Today I sowed some wild flower seeds into a 50cm pot, and some Phacelia tanacetifolia into a 35cm pot. I was unsure how many seeds I should sow, the entire packet of Wildflower covers 3 square meters, and the entire packet of Phacelia is 15 square meters If I put to many...
    Hey all, Today I sowed some wild flower seeds into a 50cm pot, and some Phacelia tanacetifolia into a 35cm pot. I was unsure how many seeds I should sow, the entire packet of Wildflower covers 3 square meters, and the entire packet of...
    Hey all, Today I sowed some wild flower seeds into a 50cm pot, and some Phacelia tanacetifolia into a 35cm pot. I was unsure how many seeds I should sow, the entire packet of Wildflower covers...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice