1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please note - to keep GC running smoothly, from time to time the staff will have to close a long thread and continue it in a new thread. You too can do your bit to help - if you have a long running PM conversation, please terminate the conversation and start a new conversation. For further information, please contact a member of the staff team.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Zigs
    Like x 5

Native Trees and Shrubs reference

It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be the one in your image. And there's others, including some hybrids, and it's not help by locals who...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be the one in your image. And there's others,...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Zigs

Poisonous Plants - A summary

Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 8

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Zigs
    Like x 19

Important Notice, Please Read

check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though,...
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though, always butter & herbs. Oil makes it bitter. Had many a lovely meadow puffball too.
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though, always butter & herbs. Oil makes it bitter. Had many a...
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. MonaLisa

Can you identify this little tree/shrub please?

It is a very fine Lonicera sp.....Lonicera tatarica Hack's Red.Lonicera tatarica Hack's Red - Google Search
    It is a very fine Lonicera sp.....Lonicera tatarica Hack's Red.Lonicera tatarica Hack's Red - Google Search
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. karaman

I have 3 plants to ID -this is no1

oh thanks for the heads-up - i think i'll keep it in a big pot and next year, include it in my rounds in the middle of the night with torch and salted boiling water.....
    oh thanks for the heads-up - i think i'll keep it in a big pot and next year, include it in my rounds in the middle of the night with torch and salted boiling water.....
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Springreen

What's this please

Well, I've never divided one of this kind before but a lot of ferns are possible to split. Personally I'd take a chance and cut down through the base with a sharp knife after knocking it out of...
    Well, I've never divided one of this kind before but a lot of ferns are possible to split. Personally I'd take a chance and cut down through the base with a sharp knife after knocking it out of the pot, and then dragging it apart at root level to leave both parts with some good roots. It might...
    Well, I've never divided one of this kind before but a lot of ferns are possible to split. Personally I'd take a chance and cut down through the base with a sharp knife after knocking it out of the pot, and then dragging it apart at root level to...
    Well, I've never divided one of this kind before but a lot of ferns are possible to split. Personally I'd take a chance and cut down through the base with a sharp knife after knocking it out of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. karaman

Unknown plant no3

It looks like a Mint to me in flower.Try rubbing some of the leaves and see what scent you get off of it.It should smell like the Mint you add to peas and new potatoes although there are quiet a...
    It looks like a Mint to me in flower.Try rubbing some of the leaves and see what scent you get off of it.It should smell like the Mint you add to peas and new potatoes although there are quiet a few different types the ones that grow in damp conditions and they should be in flower at this time...
    It looks like a Mint to me in flower.Try rubbing some of the leaves and see what scent you get off of it.It should smell like the Mint you add to peas and new potatoes although there are quiet a few different types the ones that grow in damp...
    It looks like a Mint to me in flower.Try rubbing some of the leaves and see what scent you get off of it.It should smell like the Mint you add to peas and new potatoes although there are quiet a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Snorky85
    Like x 3

ID needed please

@Snorky85 Maybe :whistle:....guess the rest LOL :heehee:Hope your seed spreader flys my way too ;)
    @Snorky85 Maybe :whistle:....guess the rest LOL :heehee:Hope your seed spreader flys my way too ;)
    IMG_1761.JPG animate-bird-slide-25.gif
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. karaman

This is unknown plant no 2

yeh, i think you right - couldnt take better pic 'cos it was too windy and the brick wall was too high. Thanks, karaman
    yeh, i think you right - couldnt take better pic 'cos it was too windy and the brick wall was too high. Thanks, karaman
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. noisette47

2 IDs please?

1 and 2 Gleditsia has no terminal leaflet.3 Robinia... note....has a terminal single leaf.Pete was spot on.
    1 and 2 Gleditsia has no terminal leaflet.3 Robinia... note....has a terminal single leaf.Pete was spot on.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. noisette47

ID please

The mystery plant turned out to be Bidens tripartita. A weed or a wildflower depending on your point of view;) As I've got too many 'wildflowers' already, it's gone to that great compost heap in...
    The mystery plant turned out to be Bidens tripartita. A weed or a wildflower depending on your point of view;) As I've got too many 'wildflowers' already, it's gone to that great compost heap in the sky......:psnp:
    The mystery plant turned out to be Bidens tripartita. A weed or a wildflower depending on your point of view;) As I've got too many 'wildflowers' already, it's gone to that great compost heap in the sky......:psnp:
    The mystery plant turned out to be Bidens tripartita. A weed or a wildflower depending on your point of view;) As I've got too many 'wildflowers' already, it's gone to that great compost heap in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. martyn bromley

Lobelia speciosa seed collection

@martyn bromleyand thank you for your kind comments :spinning: Look forward to your updates:fingers crossed: - Buzzz ZZZ Wishes from ME
    @martyn bromleyand thank you for your kind comments :spinning: Look forward to your updates:fingers crossed: - Buzzz ZZZ Wishes from ME
    image.jpeg Yourewelcomebee.jpg animated-bee-image-0189.gif
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. wiseowl

ID please

I believe the one on the top-right may be Echeveria Purple Pearl. The one on the left looks like Echeveria Blue Curls. Not sure about the one at the bottom though - however someone with more...
    I believe the one on the top-right may be Echeveria Purple Pearl. The one on the left looks like Echeveria Blue Curls. Not sure about the one at the bottom though - however someone with more succulent knowledge will probably be able to confirm for sure! :)
    I believe the one on the top-right may be Echeveria Purple Pearl. The one on the left looks like Echeveria Blue Curls. Not sure about the one at the bottom though - however someone with more succulent knowledge will probably be able to confirm...
    I believe the one on the top-right may be Echeveria Purple Pearl. The one on the left looks like Echeveria Blue Curls. Not sure about the one at the bottom though - however someone with more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Howard Stone

Exotic looking plant thriving in London suburb

I have now had a year's experience with this interesting plant, so thanks again for the identification.It turns out that the plants are either male or female. Both are attractive but the male is...
    I have now had a year's experience with this interesting plant, so thanks again for the identification.It turns out that the plants are either male or female. Both are attractive but the male is more attractive -- the one in the picture is male. The female isn't as tall, the stems don't arch...
    I have now had a year's experience with this interesting plant, so thanks again for the identification.It turns out that the plants are either male or female. Both are attractive but the male is more attractive -- the one in the picture is...
    I have now had a year's experience with this interesting plant, so thanks again for the identification.It turns out that the plants are either male or female. Both are attractive but the male is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jack Sparrow

Is this a keeper?

Whatever it is, its gone now. It had no root so it must have blown in from somewhere else.G.
    Whatever it is, its gone now. It had no root so it must have blown in from somewhere else.G.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jack Sparrow

Is this a keeper?

This is a delicate thing with tiny pink flowers. I uncovered it when I trimmed away some dead bushes. The photo may have come out better if I had cleared the leaves first.It is serving no...
    This is a delicate thing with tiny pink flowers. I uncovered it when I trimmed away some dead bushes. The photo may have come out better if I had cleared the leaves first.It is serving no purpose there. Could it be used elsewhere?G.
    This is a delicate thing with tiny pink flowers. I uncovered it when I trimmed away some dead bushes. The photo may have come out better if I had cleared the leaves first.It is serving no purpose there. Could it be used elsewhere?G.
    This is a delicate thing with tiny pink flowers. I uncovered it when I trimmed away some dead bushes. The photo may have come out better if I had cleared the leaves first.It is serving no...
    image.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. martyn bromley

Can you identify please?

:goodpost:@KFF :ThankYou: :lolpt:Well i shoulda known that it was Prince O Wales :rolleyespink: - we practically family :whistle: Now the question is, is it pollinator friendly? if :yes:gotta get me sum :scratch:
    :goodpost:@KFF :ThankYou: :lolpt:Well i shoulda known that it was Prince O Wales :rolleyespink: - we practically family :whistle: Now the question is, is it pollinator friendly? if :yes:gotta get me sum :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Jiffy

Please ID weed in the lawn

Just found a site new to me. Images just stunning. This is the seeds capsuleCerastium vulgatum (Caryophyllaceae) image 24098 at PhytoImages.siu.eduDo look at Cerastium page!Cerastium...
    Just found a site new to me. Images just stunning. This is the seeds capsuleCerastium vulgatum (Caryophyllaceae) image 24098 at PhytoImages.siu.eduDo look at Cerastium page!Cerastium (Chickweed, Mouse Ear Chickweed, Snow-In-Summer) - 122 images at PhytoImages.siu.edu images, phylogeny,...
    Just found a site new to me. Images just stunning. This is the seeds capsuleCerastium vulgatum (Caryophyllaceae) image 24098 at PhytoImages.siu.eduDo look at Cerastium page!Cerastium (Chickweed, Mouse Ear Chickweed, Snow-In-Summer) - 122...
    Just found a site new to me. Images just stunning. This is the seeds capsuleCerastium vulgatum (Caryophyllaceae) image 24098 at PhytoImages.siu.eduDo look at Cerastium page!Cerastium...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. HarryS

ID Prolific Weed !

Ahh but somebody must have tried it in the first place for it to get in a book of poisonous plants :rolleyespink: :th scifD36: :doh::heehee:
    Ahh but somebody must have tried it in the first place for it to get in a book of poisonous plants :rolleyespink: :th scifD36: :doh::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Elina

Id please

That's interesting Silver Surfer, I never knew Nicandra could be hallucinogenic - but then there are many more poisonous and hallucinogenic plants than we realise.
    That's interesting Silver Surfer, I never knew Nicandra could be hallucinogenic - but then there are many more poisonous and hallucinogenic plants than we realise.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Helen kember

anyone know what this is?

Borage perhaps.?
    Borage perhaps.?
    Borage perhaps.?
    Borage perhaps.?
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Linz

Shrooms/fungi

2 types have popped up on my plot, any ideas please? First 2 pic is where manure was dumped and spilled over in March. Don't fancy eating them just want to know if the little one touches them is...
    2 types have popped up on my plot, any ideas please? First 2 pic is where manure was dumped and spilled over in March. Don't fancy eating them just want to know if the little one touches them is he safe. TIA
    2 types have popped up on my plot, any ideas please? First 2 pic is where manure was dumped and spilled over in March. Don't fancy eating them just want to know if the little one touches them is he safe. TIA
    2 types have popped up on my plot, any ideas please? First 2 pic is where manure was dumped and spilled over in March. Don't fancy eating them just want to know if the little one touches them is...
    20170824_171546.jpg 20170824_171537.jpg 20170824_171908.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. toppington

Infiltrator!

It may also be perfumed Toppington. :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options