1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please note - to keep GC running smoothly, from time to time the staff will have to close a long thread and continue it in a new thread. You too can do your bit to help - if you have a long running PM conversation, please terminate the conversation and start a new conversation. For further information, please contact a member of the staff team.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Zigs
    Like x 5

Native Trees and Shrubs reference

It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be the one in your image. And there's others, including some hybrids, and it's not help by locals who...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be the one in your image. And there's others,...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Zigs

Poisonous Plants - A summary

Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 8

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Zigs
    Like x 19

Important Notice, Please Read

check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though,...
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though, always butter & herbs. Oil makes it bitter. Had many a lovely meadow puffball too.
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though, always butter & herbs. Oil makes it bitter. Had many a...
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. Jack Sparrow
    Like x 4

This looks very pretty

@HarryS :goodpost:sooooo easy to do no faff, no chemical input, and little cost :dbgrtmb:
    @HarryS :goodpost:sooooo easy to do no faff, no chemical input, and little cost :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. HarryS

Fungus trace ?

Think you're right Harry, not something I would worry about......lots of harmless decaying matter in the soil :)
    Think you're right Harry, not something I would worry about......lots of harmless decaying matter in the soil :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. wiseowl

Fungi on my bark chippings

Not got me books with me Woo, best keep them away from them :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sonya

Anyone tell me what this is please

The trouble with these weeds is that when you try pulling them out, if they already have seed pods, they will explode, not only into your eyes, but all over surrounding ground.
    The trouble with these weeds is that when you try pulling them out, if they already have seed pods, they will explode, not only into your eyes, but all over surrounding ground.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Snorky85

Tree ID

Don't get one! :rolleyespink: They're a lovely tree but horrendous for turning up all over the place. It's a lovely Sumach above ground and a Triffid underground. :doh:
    Don't get one! :rolleyespink: They're a lovely tree but horrendous for turning up all over the place. It's a lovely Sumach above ground and a Triffid underground. :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Safronsue

Wasps and small bugs on an almond tree

hi, i don't know really. Wood seems really hard for lil aphids though
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Jiffy

Id please

What a lovely shrub! (disappears off to the Gc...)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Howard Stone

Three plants thriving in Peckham

No1 the variegated form of Arundo donax.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Lee Mason

Id and prunning advice please

The grey leafed thing is probably Helichrysum italicum, aka The Curry plant. Needs a hot dry spot. Normally pruned in Spring. Can be cut back to new buds at the base of shoots and will normally...
    The grey leafed thing is probably Helichrysum italicum, aka The Curry plant. Needs a hot dry spot. Normally pruned in Spring. Can be cut back to new buds at the base of shoots and will normally regrow from them.
    The grey leafed thing is probably Helichrysum italicum, aka The Curry plant. Needs a hot dry spot. Normally pruned in Spring. Can be cut back to new buds at the base of shoots and will normally regrow from them.
    The grey leafed thing is probably Helichrysum italicum, aka The Curry plant. Needs a hot dry spot. Normally pruned in Spring. Can be cut back to new buds at the base of shoots and will normally...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jack Sparrow

Weeds or not: pretty anyway

Yes - it's oxalis corniculata. In my experience not as invasive as its bigger, pink-flowered relative oxalis latifolia - that's the one I root out on sight, the corniculata I tolerate in a few...
    Yes - it's oxalis corniculata. In my experience not as invasive as its bigger, pink-flowered relative oxalis latifolia - that's the one I root out on sight, the corniculata I tolerate in a few otherwise-hard-to-get-anything-to-grow spots. Oxalis/RHS Gardening
    Yes - it's oxalis corniculata. In my experience not as invasive as its bigger, pink-flowered relative oxalis latifolia - that's the one I root out on sight, the corniculata I tolerate in a few otherwise-hard-to-get-anything-to-grow spots. ...
    Yes - it's oxalis corniculata. In my experience not as invasive as its bigger, pink-flowered relative oxalis latifolia - that's the one I root out on sight, the corniculata I tolerate in a few...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Chiaroscuro

This Has Sprouted...

Thanks KandyI like the sound of the tree very much! It'll have competition on the height stakes from next food's ash which is now as tall as the houses.I'm keeping an eye on it in its early...
    Thanks KandyI like the sound of the tree very much! It'll have competition on the height stakes from next food's ash which is now as tall as the houses.I'm keeping an eye on it in its early stages. Looks very strong though so fingers crossed it'll survive.
    Thanks KandyI like the sound of the tree very much! It'll have competition on the height stakes from next food's ash which is now as tall as the houses.I'm keeping an eye on it in its early stages. Looks very strong though so fingers...
    Thanks KandyI like the sound of the tree very much! It'll have competition on the height stakes from next food's ash which is now as tall as the houses.I'm keeping an eye on it in its early...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. wiseowl

ID Please

That's OK @Zigs it will save me taking any cuttings:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Michael Lazar

Anyone any idea what this might be ...

BeeHappy I also love, love, loves those Daisies:wub2:, although mine are Mexican Fleabane and Sea Breeze, but still Erigeron.The Erigeron Sea Breeze is not looking its best in this pic, but was...
    BeeHappy I also love, love, loves those Daisies:wub2:, although mine are Mexican Fleabane and Sea Breeze, but still Erigeron.The Erigeron Sea Breeze is not looking its best in this pic, but was beautiful when in full flower. Had to stuff all the Daisies in pots as were impulse buys and nowhere in...
    BeeHappy I also love, love, loves those Daisies:wub2:, although mine are Mexican Fleabane and Sea Breeze, but still Erigeron.The Erigeron Sea Breeze is not looking its best in this pic, but was beautiful when in full flower. Had to stuff all the...
    BeeHappy I also love, love, loves those Daisies:wub2:, although mine are Mexican Fleabane and Sea Breeze, but still Erigeron.The Erigeron Sea Breeze is not looking its best in this pic, but was...
    DSC00002-001.JPG reflexed-stonecrop-stone-orpine-crooked-yellow-stonecrop-jennys-stonecrop-EBMYJA.jpg CIMG0025.JPG 1DAISYLADY.jpg garden qoute-Green Thumb.jpg IMG_20170906_1621411_rewind.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. misterQ

Possibly a herb of some type?

:lunapic 130165696578242 5:Ohhhh..I've never been called a vegetation vixen before! Or evil, for that matter. Not to my face, anyway! Pouncing on innocent men; now, that's more like it :yes: Thing is.....you have to get in...
    :lunapic 130165696578242 5:Ohhhh..I've never been called a vegetation vixen before! Or evil, for that matter. Not to my face, anyway! Pouncing on innocent men; now, that's more like it :yes: Thing is.....you have to get in quick on here because there are a lot of very knowledgeable people about :th scifD36: I would have had it down as...
    :lunapic 130165696578242 5:Ohhhh..I've never been called a vegetation vixen before! Or evil, for that matter. Not to my face, anyway! Pouncing on innocent men; now, that's more like it :yes: Thing is.....you have to get in quick on here because there are a lot of very...
    :lunapic 130165696578242 5:Ohhhh..I've never been called a vegetation vixen before! Or evil, for that matter. Not to my face, anyway! Pouncing on innocent men; now, that's more like it :yes: Thing is.....you have to get in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Elina

Id please

Agree with Heucherella... coral fungus Possibly this one...Ramaria stricta - Google Search
    Agree with Heucherella... coral fungus Possibly this one...Ramaria stricta - Google Search
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. GardeningFin

Plant ID please

Chocolate Vine de-lish-ush :wub2:
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. HarryS

ID Local Planter Plant?

I have to agree. Around here'ish there is a municipal bed that was planted up with low growing plants so as to spell out some anniversary or something. Guess what - it's illegible!! To frame this...
    I have to agree. Around here'ish there is a municipal bed that was planted up with low growing plants so as to spell out some anniversary or something. Guess what - it's illegible!! To frame this disaster they've used a couple of hundred Echeveria elegans which are planted into the heavy...
    I have to agree. Around here'ish there is a municipal bed that was planted up with low growing plants so as to spell out some anniversary or something. Guess what - it's illegible!! To frame this disaster they've used a couple of hundred...
    I have to agree. Around here'ish there is a municipal bed that was planted up with low growing plants so as to spell out some anniversary or something. Guess what - it's illegible!! To frame this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Snorky85

Climber ID required please

@Snorky85 if there are some low-lying stems leave them attached to the parent plant-dig out a little grove to put them in, cover over with soil then pop a wire peg over them to keep them in...
    @Snorky85 if there are some low-lying stems leave them attached to the parent plant-dig out a little grove to put them in, cover over with soil then pop a wire peg over them to keep them in contact with the soil or I've even place brick on them and they have rooted by next year- you have two...
    @Snorky85 if there are some low-lying stems leave them attached to the parent plant-dig out a little grove to put them in, cover over with soil then pop a wire peg over them to keep them in contact with the soil or I've even place brick on them...
    @Snorky85 if there are some low-lying stems leave them attached to the parent plant-dig out a little grove to put them in, cover over with soil then pop a wire peg over them to keep them in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Jimb0b

Anyone recognise this?

Nice one cheers :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Sonya

I'D these eggs please

They'd probably nick your shiny ornaments :heehee: only getting magpies at the moment :sad:
    They'd probably nick your shiny ornaments :heehee: only getting magpies at the moment :sad:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options