1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Zigs

Poisonous Plants - A summary

Ray Mears tried processing it to remove the oxalates, in the same way the Australian first nations process a similar plant, the cheeky yam.Don't think he ate any but lab tests showed it had...
    Ray Mears tried processing it to remove the oxalates, in the same way the Australian first nations process a similar plant, the cheeky yam.Don't think he ate any but lab tests showed it had destroyed most of the spikey crystals.
    Ray Mears tried processing it to remove the oxalates, in the same way the Australian first nations process a similar plant, the cheeky yam.Don't think he ate any but lab tests showed it had destroyed most of the spikey crystals.
    Ray Mears tried processing it to remove the oxalates, in the same way the Australian first nations process a similar plant, the cheeky yam.Don't think he ate any but lab tests showed it had...
    DSCF0031.JPG DSCF0033.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 8

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Zigs
    Like x 19

Important Notice, Please Read

check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though,...
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though, always butter & herbs. Oil makes it bitter. Had many a lovely meadow puffball too.
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though, always butter & herbs. Oil makes it bitter. Had many a...
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. Nookanook

Please help identify some allotment things.....

1. Possibly Luzula sylvatica?Luzula sylvatica - Wikipedia2. Corylus avellana....common name Hazel. Your pic shows the male flowers or catkins.corylus avellana catkins - Google SearchLook...
    1. Possibly Luzula sylvatica?Luzula sylvatica - Wikipedia2. Corylus avellana....common name Hazel. Your pic shows the male flowers or catkins.corylus avellana catkins - Google SearchLook carefully for tiny red spidery bits...these are the female flowersCorylus avellana female flowers...
    1. Possibly Luzula sylvatica?Luzula sylvatica - Wikipedia2. Corylus avellana....common name Hazel. Your pic shows the male flowers or catkins.corylus avellana catkins - Google SearchLook carefully for tiny red spidery bits...these are...
    1. Possibly Luzula sylvatica?Luzula sylvatica - Wikipedia2. Corylus avellana....common name Hazel. Your pic shows the male flowers or catkins.corylus avellana catkins - Google SearchLook...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Snorky85

Is this another type of hellebore?

Don't know what the spots on the flowers are but I can see the new leaves coming. :dbgrtmb:
    Don't know what the spots on the flowers are but I can see the new leaves coming. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Linz

What is this thing..

Oh Calathea is happy again :)
    1485459601124-1792219022.jpg 20170126_195708.jpg 20170126_215211.jpg 1485467963634-1638641728.jpg 20170129_124528.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Michael Penny

Can you name this please.

Liverwort is a strange species of foliage. You could spray it with concentrations of weedkiller that would kill everything else, yet it shrugs it off and seemingly laughs in your face.The...
    Liverwort is a strange species of foliage. You could spray it with concentrations of weedkiller that would kill everything else, yet it shrugs it off and seemingly laughs in your face.The product @Silver surfer recommends will do the trick.
    Liverwort is a strange species of foliage. You could spray it with concentrations of weedkiller that would kill everything else, yet it shrugs it off and seemingly laughs in your face.The product @Silver surfer recommends will do the trick.
    Liverwort is a strange species of foliage. You could spray it with concentrations of weedkiller that would kill everything else, yet it shrugs it off and seemingly laughs in your face.The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Snorky85

Help much appreciated....

Like Topsy - they just grow'd. :dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Snorky85

More IDs required pretty please

Best of luck with the Sedge. Never been allowed to flower in our garden for 20 years and still we get seedlings.
    Best of luck with the Sedge. Never been allowed to flower in our garden for 20 years and still we get seedlings.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. wiseowl
    Like x 6

Shrub In January

I can imagine that did put a bit of a damper on things! :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    I can imagine that did put a bit of a damper on things! :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Snorky85

Any ideas?

Thanks @shiney the problem is that I hacked at it as it had turned into an overgrown monster. I hope I haven't killed it....the jasmine that is
    Thanks @shiney the problem is that I hacked at it as it had turned into an overgrown monster. I hope I haven't killed it....the jasmine that is
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. patrick mcmullan

Mycorrhizal ? any one be able to identify it

I'm not quite sure what you mean by reboost compost and what has the compost been treated with. As Silver Surfer says you can buy mycorrhizal fungi from garden centres or online. You can get...
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by reboost compost and what has the compost been treated with. As Silver Surfer says you can buy mycorrhizal fungi from garden centres or online. You can get different "flavours" depending on what you want to grow. Home made compost is full of beneficial fungi...
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by reboost compost and what has the compost been treated with. As Silver Surfer says you can buy mycorrhizal fungi from garden centres or online. You can get different "flavours" depending on what you want to...
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by reboost compost and what has the compost been treated with. As Silver Surfer says you can buy mycorrhizal fungi from garden centres or online. You can get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. karaman

Please identify this foreign plant

Once again, many thanks, spot on! Now i know what it is i will try to grow it. i spend some time abroad every year so have time to experiment with plants i cant grow in the UK. Cant wait for...
    Once again, many thanks, spot on! Now i know what it is i will try to grow it. i spend some time abroad every year so have time to experiment with plants i cant grow in the UK. Cant wait for next summer! thanks again, i knew there would be knowledgeable people out there, thank you...
    Once again, many thanks, spot on! Now i know what it is i will try to grow it. i spend some time abroad every year so have time to experiment with plants i cant grow in the UK. Cant wait for next summer! thanks again, i knew there would be...
    Once again, many thanks, spot on! Now i know what it is i will try to grow it. i spend some time abroad every year so have time to experiment with plants i cant grow in the UK. Cant wait for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. karaman

Please ID this lovely thing

Many many thank Yous silver surfer!its perfect for where i want it, what a treasure! thanks again. karaman
    Many many thank Yous silver surfer!its perfect for where i want it, what a treasure! thanks again. karaman
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. misterQ

Mysterious plant with pretty red flowers (Solved)

It looks like the species Salvia splendens (ie the one that occurs in the wild), rather than a cultivar. The Species can grow up to 9 feet tall in Brazil, I have had them up to 5 feet in the UK. I...
    It looks like the species Salvia splendens (ie the one that occurs in the wild), rather than a cultivar. The Species can grow up to 9 feet tall in Brazil, I have had them up to 5 feet in the UK. I think the cultivars were developed from this and to me are rather squat and vulgar.I have...
    It looks like the species Salvia splendens (ie the one that occurs in the wild), rather than a cultivar. The Species can grow up to 9 feet tall in Brazil, I have had them up to 5 feet in the UK. I think the cultivars were developed from this and...
    It looks like the species Salvia splendens (ie the one that occurs in the wild), rather than a cultivar. The Species can grow up to 9 feet tall in Brazil, I have had them up to 5 feet in the UK. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. martyn bromley

Identification please and advice

Thanks Daithe
    Thanks Daithe
    Thanks Daithe
    Thanks Daithe
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. mick

Help please.

Thanks SS. i will try and find a better pic.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. David E Peacock

Identification please of plant/flower introduced by the birds!

It does spread by root run but is not too difficult to keep under control. We have a whole bed of them (Mrs Shiney uses them for flower arranging) and just keeping a wary eye out for the roots...
    It does spread by root run but is not too difficult to keep under control. We have a whole bed of them (Mrs Shiney uses them for flower arranging) and just keeping a wary eye out for the roots seems to work OK.
    It does spread by root run but is not too difficult to keep under control. We have a whole bed of them (Mrs Shiney uses them for flower arranging) and just keeping a wary eye out for the roots seems to work OK.
    It does spread by root run but is not too difficult to keep under control. We have a whole bed of them (Mrs Shiney uses them for flower arranging) and just keeping a wary eye out for the roots...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Lorea

Is this from the bird seed?

That would explain why the birds around here are always so mellow and laid back... :peace:
    That would explain why the birds around here are always so mellow and laid back... :peace:
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Michael Hewett
    Like x 3

Identification required

You're welcome :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Anthony Rogers

Succulent id please :)

Hi @Anthony Rogers you might like to see this :-
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Snorky85

ID please :)

Thanks Anthony! Just moved it into my grreenhouse that': about 10c. Got a heater in there to keep the frost away. On closer inspection it doesn't look to bad. I'll get it tidied up over the...
    Thanks Anthony! Just moved it into my grreenhouse that': about 10c. Got a heater in there to keep the frost away. On closer inspection it doesn't look to bad. I'll get it tidied up over the weekend so hopefully it will be ok
    Thanks Anthony! Just moved it into my grreenhouse that': about 10c. Got a heater in there to keep the frost away. On closer inspection it doesn't look to bad. I'll get it tidied up over the weekend so hopefully it will be ok
    Thanks Anthony! Just moved it into my grreenhouse that': about 10c. Got a heater in there to keep the frost away. On closer inspection it doesn't look to bad. I'll get it tidied up over the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. shiney

Is This Ragwort?

Don't want anything common in my garden so I got rid of it. :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options