1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Zigs

Wild or Alpine

Neat.....I like that. Thanks Zigs
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Zigs
    Like x 21

Important Notice, Please Read

Thanks for the heads up
    Thanks for the heads up
    Thanks for the heads up
    Thanks for the heads up
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Zigs
    Like x 5

Native Trees and Shrubs reference

It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be the one in your image. And there's others, including some hybrids, and it's not help by locals who...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be the one in your image. And there's others,...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Zigs

Poisonous Plants - A summary

Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 8

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7.   » Normal Threads
  8. Pushkin

ID this plant for someone

Hi @Pushkin I have one flowering in my garden right now mate and they do attract Oh i am pleased I got an ID correct :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:Liatris "spicate kobold"
    Hi @Pushkin I have one flowering in my garden right now mate and they do attract Oh i am pleased I got an ID correct :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:Liatris "spicate kobold"
    id.jpg id2.jpg SDC16388.JPG SDC16389.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. wren1

What's this in my Calla Lily pot?

Thank you, I'll do that!
    Thank you, I'll do that!
    Thank you, I'll do that!
    Thank you, I'll do that!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. CoffeeKev

Solved Is this groundsel weed?

Hello @CoffeeKev this info may help also besides what other members have mentioned :)Ragwort is a serious risk to horses and cattle. Ragwort is mildly poisonous, but the taste of the plant is...
    Hello @CoffeeKev this info may help also besides what other members have mentioned :)Ragwort is a serious risk to horses and cattle. Ragwort is mildly poisonous, but the taste of the plant is usually off-putting to livestock. That’s why it’s not unusual to see horses in fields chomping on grass...
    Hello @CoffeeKev this info may help also besides what other members have mentioned :)Ragwort is a serious risk to horses and cattle. Ragwort is mildly poisonous, but the taste of the plant is usually off-putting to livestock. That’s why it’s not...
    Hello @CoffeeKev this info may help also besides what other members have mentioned :)Ragwort is a serious risk to horses and cattle. Ragwort is mildly poisonous, but the taste of the plant is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Bavarian

Solved Unknown shrub

Marley Farley i think youre right it definitly looks like a trailing mallow, now i can ask in a garden center what i was looking forThanks everybody for your input:ThankYou:
    Marley Farley i think youre right it definitly looks like a trailing mallow, now i can ask in a garden center what i was looking forThanks everybody for your input:ThankYou:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Stephen George

Solved Unknown Plants identification

OMGosh!!! What a beautiful plant..... I have found some plants that are soo pretty but must pull them out and rid my garden of them for they are taking over.....
    OMGosh!!! What a beautiful plant..... I have found some plants that are soo pretty but must pull them out and rid my garden of them for they are taking over.....
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Berberis Artista
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Gail_68

Solved ID please - Weed

@kazzawazza I was totally stoned mate off the fumes it was a laugh that day and I set the lavender on fire :loll:
    @kazzawazza I was totally stoned mate off the fumes it was a laugh that day and I set the lavender on fire :loll:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. shiney
    Like x 3

Solved I.D. Please

Good oh. I seem to have lost most of my A. humilis. Think I am down to one or two bulbs now. It was pretty fiercely cold here. Not going to try building up the collection just yet until we see...
    Good oh. I seem to have lost most of my A. humilis. Think I am down to one or two bulbs now. It was pretty fiercely cold here. Not going to try building up the collection just yet until we see what sort of space we have, if we ever manage to move.
    Good oh. I seem to have lost most of my A. humilis. Think I am down to one or two bulbs now. It was pretty fiercely cold here. Not going to try building up the collection just yet until we see what sort of space we have, if we ever manage to move.
    Good oh. I seem to have lost most of my A. humilis. Think I am down to one or two bulbs now. It was pretty fiercely cold here. Not going to try building up the collection just yet until we see...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. eddybaby

Mystery Plant

Mugwort?
    Mugwort?
    Mugwort?
    Mugwort?
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Matthew13

Jostaberry plague

Looking at the damage it's caused to quite a lot of leaves, in quite a dramatic way (see pics), I'm surprised I can't see whatever-it-is more obviously. I would have thought it would be a bug big...
    Looking at the damage it's caused to quite a lot of leaves, in quite a dramatic way (see pics), I'm surprised I can't see whatever-it-is more obviously. I would have thought it would be a bug big enough to take down a small dog.I did hear a grasshopper/cricket. Could that be the...
    Looking at the damage it's caused to quite a lot of leaves, in quite a dramatic way (see pics), I'm surprised I can't see whatever-it-is more obviously. I would have thought it would be a bug big enough to take down a small dog.I did hear a...
    Looking at the damage it's caused to quite a lot of leaves, in quite a dramatic way (see pics), I'm surprised I can't see whatever-it-is more obviously. I would have thought it would be a bug big...
    IMG_20180709_190639.jpg IMG_20180709_190730.jpg IMG_20180709_190853.jpg IMG_20180710_093554.jpg zoom in bug.jpg IMG_20180714_191613.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. sandhun

Solved Is this a weed?

Yes it is a notifiable weed (to local council) in a lot of counties now because it is such a thug and so invasive even if attractive..
    Yes it is a notifiable weed (to local council) in a lot of counties now because it is such a thug and so invasive even if attractive..
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Markw1

Weeds

Hi @Markw1 welcome to GC.. It looks suspiciously like Persicaria maculosa which we class as a weed here and personally I would get rid of before it can seed..
    Hi @Markw1 welcome to GC.. It looks suspiciously like Persicaria maculosa which we class as a weed here and personally I would get rid of before it can seed..
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Cbrook85

Solved Id please?

More today! What a colour! :SUNsmile: they liked the rain.
    20180709_083812.jpg 15314846290737729779825472748088.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Markymark

Solved Any idea? 5ft tall...

Thank you so much! There are definitely no hairs in the leaves. I will make sure I make a note of its name now! :-))
    Thank you so much! There are definitely no hairs in the leaves. I will make sure I make a note of its name now! :-))
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. ESKL

Solved Help Identifying This Weed

Individual plants of this medick can be pulled out quite easily, if you can kneel or bend down to do it. They grow flat against the ground so you just have to lift underneath them, work out where...
    Individual plants of this medick can be pulled out quite easily, if you can kneel or bend down to do it. They grow flat against the ground so you just have to lift underneath them, work out where the stem going into the soil is and give that a good yank.My lawn is full of them too but about to...
    Individual plants of this medick can be pulled out quite easily, if you can kneel or bend down to do it. They grow flat against the ground so you just have to lift underneath them, work out where the stem going into the soil is and give that a...
    Individual plants of this medick can be pulled out quite easily, if you can kneel or bend down to do it. They grow flat against the ground so you just have to lift underneath them, work out where...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Mark Dunster

Can anyone work out what vegetable plant this is?

It looks like some kind of brassica - Cabbage, Kale, Sprout etc. It's difficult to see from your photo but are they individual seedlings or attached to woody stems? What size are they?Think we...
    It looks like some kind of brassica - Cabbage, Kale, Sprout etc. It's difficult to see from your photo but are they individual seedlings or attached to woody stems? What size are they?Think we need a close up of one plant.
    It looks like some kind of brassica - Cabbage, Kale, Sprout etc. It's difficult to see from your photo but are they individual seedlings or attached to woody stems? What size are they?Think we need a close up of one plant.
    It looks like some kind of brassica - Cabbage, Kale, Sprout etc. It's difficult to see from your photo but are they individual seedlings or attached to woody stems? What size are they?Think we...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. thriftybri

Solved plant id wanted

Hi @thriftybri , could also be Cephelaria . If it is beware , over time it can get 6/7' high. Planted in the right place it's a stunner. We have a lot of it around here as it escapes from gardens...
    Hi @thriftybri , could also be Cephelaria . If it is beware , over time it can get 6/7' high. Planted in the right place it's a stunner. We have a lot of it around here as it escapes from gardens and self seeds.
    Hi @thriftybri , could also be Cephelaria . If it is beware , over time it can get 6/7' high. Planted in the right place it's a stunner. We have a lot of it around here as it escapes from gardens and self seeds.
    Hi @thriftybri , could also be Cephelaria . If it is beware , over time it can get 6/7' high. Planted in the right place it's a stunner. We have a lot of it around here as it escapes from gardens...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Gwen austin

Solved Id please

Many thanks off to google I go
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. TheMadHedger

Solved What type of flower is this?

Good afternoon yes I second that,thank you @Silver surfer my friend
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Scudo

Solved Spider on dahlia, what is it.

Good morning its probably a member of the Green Party:lunapic 130165696578242 5:Looks like the " Araniella cucurbitina - the Cucumber Green Spider.
    Good morning its probably a member of the Green Party:lunapic 130165696578242 5:Looks like the " Araniella cucurbitina - the Cucumber Green Spider.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options