1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Zigs

Poisonous Plants - A summary

Ray Mears tried processing it to remove the oxalates, in the same way the Australian first nations process a similar plant, the cheeky yam.Don't think he ate any but lab tests showed it had...
    Ray Mears tried processing it to remove the oxalates, in the same way the Australian first nations process a similar plant, the cheeky yam.Don't think he ate any but lab tests showed it had destroyed most of the spikey crystals.
    Ray Mears tried processing it to remove the oxalates, in the same way the Australian first nations process a similar plant, the cheeky yam.Don't think he ate any but lab tests showed it had destroyed most of the spikey crystals.
    Ray Mears tried processing it to remove the oxalates, in the same way the Australian first nations process a similar plant, the cheeky yam.Don't think he ate any but lab tests showed it had...
    DSCF0031.JPG DSCF0033.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 8

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Zigs
    Like x 19

Important Notice, Please Read

check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though,...
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though, always butter & herbs. Oil makes it bitter. Had many a lovely meadow puffball too.
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though, always butter & herbs. Oil makes it bitter. Had many a...
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. Zigs

Shrubbage

Probably a long shot before it flowers...
    DSCI0007 (3).JPG DSCI0007 (3).JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Snorky85

What sort is this?

You know me so well, Pal.:dunno::snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. prettypolly

Identification please

Hi Pete, Thanks for that, I do have a spot they can go in but wasn't sure if they were for outside, Thanks :blue thumb:
    Hi Pete, Thanks for that, I do have a spot they can go in but wasn't sure if they were for outside, Thanks :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. silu

Friend asked me to identify this.

That looks very much like two penstemons I've got. Quite hardy-lasted all winter here but haven't had snow. I took cutting last year so got 3 new ones on the go :)
    That looks very much like two penstemons I've got. Quite hardy-lasted all winter here but haven't had snow. I took cutting last year so got 3 new ones on the go :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. 2nd_bassoon

Sweet pea interloper

My best guesses at this stage would be Purple Loosetrife or Euphorbia wulfenii.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Portisgrass

Who knows what this plant is please

Eeeck! Hope it doesn't look like a Prune sp ! Your 2nd pic is just fine. I will not be able to help further even with magnificent pics...I have made best suggestions that I can. Enjoy your tree...
    Eeeck! Hope it doesn't look like a Prune sp ! Your 2nd pic is just fine. I will not be able to help further even with magnificent pics...I have made best suggestions that I can. Enjoy your tree but don't expect any fruit. Double flowers tend not to be fertile...ie no fruit!
    Eeeck! Hope it doesn't look like a Prune sp ! Your 2nd pic is just fine. I will not be able to help further even with magnificent pics...I have made best suggestions that I can. Enjoy your tree but don't expect any fruit. Double flowers tend not...
    Eeeck! Hope it doesn't look like a Prune sp ! Your 2nd pic is just fine. I will not be able to help further even with magnificent pics...I have made best suggestions that I can. Enjoy your tree...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Mashedpotato

Two plants and a pruning question

There are many named Rhodo's some are huge shrubs/trees with enormous blousy flowers.... others are neat compact dwarfs. Your one may be Rhododendron Ptarmigan...a slow dwarf one. Enjoy it it...
    There are many named Rhodo's some are huge shrubs/trees with enormous blousy flowers.... others are neat compact dwarfs. Your one may be Rhododendron Ptarmigan...a slow dwarf one. Enjoy it it looks so very happy. If you want to move it it can be done at any time ...just make sure you dig an ...
    There are many named Rhodo's some are huge shrubs/trees with enormous blousy flowers.... others are neat compact dwarfs. Your one may be Rhododendron Ptarmigan...a slow dwarf one. Enjoy it it looks so very happy. If you want to move it it can be...
    There are many named Rhodo's some are huge shrubs/trees with enormous blousy flowers.... others are neat compact dwarfs. Your one may be Rhododendron Ptarmigan...a slow dwarf one. Enjoy it it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Sandy Ground

Anyone know what this is?

Kind of thing you often see in garden centres sold as "air plants" bromeliads that grow as epiphytes.
    Kind of thing you often see in garden centres sold as "air plants" bromeliads that grow as epiphytes.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. rustyroots

Are these strawberries?

Definitely looks like strawberry plants from here.When you move them elsewhere, be cautious about taking the grass with them :blue thumb:
    Definitely looks like strawberry plants from here.When you move them elsewhere, be cautious about taking the grass with them :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Dave The Amateur

Two plants I can't identify

I was doing a survey at the same time :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Snorky85

Is this crocosmia?

Whoops! I've only just got back to this thread :doh:.As I said, right at the beginning, it appears to look like Iris (from the look of those in our garden) and I think it looks more like it now that...
    Whoops! I've only just got back to this thread :doh:.As I said, right at the beginning, it appears to look like Iris (from the look of those in our garden) and I think it looks more like it now that I've seen the roots.
    Whoops! I've only just got back to this thread :doh:.As I said, right at the beginning, it appears to look like Iris (from the look of those in our garden) and I think it looks more like it now that I've seen the roots.
    Whoops! I've only just got back to this thread :doh:.As I said, right at the beginning, it appears to look like Iris (from the look of those in our garden) and I think it looks more like it now that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Lucyloo

ID please?

I wanna see when the flowers start fighting :catapult:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Snowbaby

Plant ID help please

Thanks everyone (sorry for delayed response, the notification didn't come to my email :frown:)I'm trying to find decorative but low maintenance and hardy flowers and plants to do a planter for my dad's...
    Thanks everyone (sorry for delayed response, the notification didn't come to my email :frown:)I'm trying to find decorative but low maintenance and hardy flowers and plants to do a planter for my dad's grave :frown: I'm only able to go once a month as he's buried back "home" which is 3 hours away. I want...
    Thanks everyone (sorry for delayed response, the notification didn't come to my email :frown:)I'm trying to find decorative but low maintenance and hardy flowers and plants to do a planter for my dad's grave :frown: I'm only able to go once a month as he's...
    Thanks everyone (sorry for delayed response, the notification didn't come to my email :frown:)I'm trying to find decorative but low maintenance and hardy flowers and plants to do a planter for my dad's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Snorky85

Is this crocosmia?

Looking at the dead leaves it could, possibly, be Iris sibirica.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. intel

Seedling ID please

Its amazing how these seeds spread, I do have a couple of Papaver's growing but are about 15 feet away from where the new seedlings are.Thanks for you help
    Its amazing how these seeds spread, I do have a couple of Papaver's growing but are about 15 feet away from where the new seedlings are.Thanks for you help
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Ariadae
    Like x 3

Meerkats, or???

Just call me stumpy.lol
    Just call me stumpy.lol
    Just call me stumpy.lol
    Just call me stumpy.lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Dave-o

Two Invasive (Possibly Rhizomatous) Weeds - How to Deal With Them?

No mention of JCB hire. More a suggestion of 'elbow grease' to keep the costs down.Keep us updated on how the treatment works!Kaskara has been discontinued by the manufacturer but is still...
    No mention of JCB hire. More a suggestion of 'elbow grease' to keep the costs down.Keep us updated on how the treatment works!Kaskara has been discontinued by the manufacturer but is still currently available, while stocks last.
    No mention of JCB hire. More a suggestion of 'elbow grease' to keep the costs down.Keep us updated on how the treatment works!Kaskara has been discontinued by the manufacturer but is still currently available, while stocks last.
    No mention of JCB hire. More a suggestion of 'elbow grease' to keep the costs down.Keep us updated on how the treatment works!Kaskara has been discontinued by the manufacturer but is still...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Webmaster

Any ideas? Thai ornamental ?

Hi Pete,Thanks for that, I think others have also come to the same conclusion as well :)
    Hi Pete,Thanks for that, I think others have also come to the same conclusion as well :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Nookanook

Please help identify some allotment things.....

1. Possibly Luzula sylvatica?Luzula sylvatica - Wikipedia2. Corylus avellana....common name Hazel. Your pic shows the male flowers or catkins.corylus avellana catkins - Google SearchLook...
    1. Possibly Luzula sylvatica?Luzula sylvatica - Wikipedia2. Corylus avellana....common name Hazel. Your pic shows the male flowers or catkins.corylus avellana catkins - Google SearchLook carefully for tiny red spidery bits...these are the female flowersCorylus avellana female flowers...
    1. Possibly Luzula sylvatica?Luzula sylvatica - Wikipedia2. Corylus avellana....common name Hazel. Your pic shows the male flowers or catkins.corylus avellana catkins - Google SearchLook carefully for tiny red spidery bits...these are...
    1. Possibly Luzula sylvatica?Luzula sylvatica - Wikipedia2. Corylus avellana....common name Hazel. Your pic shows the male flowers or catkins.corylus avellana catkins - Google SearchLook...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Snorky85

Is this another type of hellebore?

Don't know what the spots on the flowers are but I can see the new leaves coming. :dbgrtmb:
    Don't know what the spots on the flowers are but I can see the new leaves coming. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options