1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please note - to keep GC running smoothly, from time to time the staff will have to close a long thread and continue it in a new thread. You too can do your bit to help - if you have a long running PM conversation, please terminate the conversation and start a new conversation. For further information, please contact a member of the staff team.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Zigs
    Like x 5

Native Trees and Shrubs reference

It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be the one in your image. And there's others, including some hybrids, and it's not help by locals who...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be the one in your image. And there's others,...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Zigs

Poisonous Plants - A summary

Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 8

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Zigs
    Like x 19

Important Notice, Please Read

check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though,...
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though, always butter & herbs. Oil makes it bitter. Had many a lovely meadow puffball too.
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though, always butter & herbs. Oil makes it bitter. Had many a...
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. Nigel62

ID please

I too agree with silver surfer, I should have blown it up so that I could see it properly, :goodpost::goodpost:
    I too agree with silver surfer, I should have blown it up so that I could see it properly, :goodpost::goodpost:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl

ID please

I haven't a clue what the name is, but I saw one last year it is a wild flower that I saw on a floodplane it looks good in the photo but it is much nicer than a photo when you see the real plant
    I haven't a clue what the name is, but I saw one last year it is a wild flower that I saw on a floodplane it looks good in the photo but it is much nicer than a photo when you see the real plant
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Krista

What`s this weed?!

FINALLY!! :yahoo:,after about 18months! I happened across it at `The Tortoise Table`.You always find stuff when you`re not looking for it,sometimes when ur looking for something else -well don`t you?...
    FINALLY!! :yahoo:,after about 18months! I happened across it at `The Tortoise Table`.You always find stuff when you`re not looking for it,sometimes when ur looking for something else -well don`t you? It`s the Chameleon Plant (Houttuynia cordata).90% certain. You`ll have to Google it for pics because I...
    FINALLY!! :yahoo:,after about 18months! I happened across it at `The Tortoise Table`.You always find stuff when you`re not looking for it,sometimes when ur looking for something else -well don`t you? It`s the Chameleon Plant (Houttuynia cordata).90%...
    FINALLY!! :yahoo:,after about 18months! I happened across it at `The Tortoise Table`.You always find stuff when you`re not looking for it,sometimes when ur looking for something else -well don`t you?...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Gail_68

Height Question

Oh that as made me laugh mate:heehee: my hubby as preached about me going to church but I don't want to put bills on the church roof being done, as I know it would cave in once I stepped my foot in there :whistle:
    Oh that as made me laugh mate:heehee: my hubby as preached about me going to church but I don't want to put bills on the church roof being done, as I know it would cave in once I stepped my foot in there :whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. wiseowl

Tree ID

Good afternoon @Silver surfer many thanks for all your help my friend:blue thumb:
    Good afternoon @Silver surfer many thanks for all your help my friend:blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Jack Sparrow
    Like x 4

This looks very pretty

Just enjoy it Gary....can almost smell it from here.:rasp:I have a couple of hardy jasmines here, one is variegated, with lovely scent but check out trachelospermum jasminoides. A very classy plant...
    Just enjoy it Gary....can almost smell it from here.:rasp:I have a couple of hardy jasmines here, one is variegated, with lovely scent but check out trachelospermum jasminoides. A very classy plant indeed with suoerbly scented flowers :)Took me years to control my plant spending urges, hmmm!, maybe...
    Just enjoy it Gary....can almost smell it from here.:rasp:I have a couple of hardy jasmines here, one is variegated, with lovely scent but check out trachelospermum jasminoides. A very classy plant indeed with suoerbly scented flowers :)Took me...
    Just enjoy it Gary....can almost smell it from here.:rasp:I have a couple of hardy jasmines here, one is variegated, with lovely scent but check out trachelospermum jasminoides. A very classy plant...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Sheal
    Like x 6

Help with this please.

Well, I will have to post a picture of my Golden King....dead brown prickly leaves??? Golden King is not prickly. A beautiful plant indeed. :)
    Well, I will have to post a picture of my Golden King....dead brown prickly leaves??? Golden King is not prickly. A beautiful plant indeed. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. wiseowl

November Caterpillar

I think it could be Michael the caterpillar. I can't be sure as they all look very similar.:Wino:G.
    I think it could be Michael the caterpillar. I can't be sure as they all look very similar.:Wino:G.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. 2nd_bassoon

Lost label

Ideally give it space 2nd bassoon. it will form wide bushes about 2 metres across and look superb like that. :)
    Ideally give it space 2nd bassoon. it will form wide bushes about 2 metres across and look superb like that. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. HarryS

Choisya Type ID ?

Thanks for the confirmation Strongy :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. wiseowl

ID Tree Please By leaves

Go for it! I've got a nice recipe for honeyed hazels if you find you've got a surplus :)
    Go for it! I've got a nice recipe for honeyed hazels if you find you've got a surplus :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. 2nd_bassoon

Worth keeping?

Dug one up today - looks pretty thick and white to me! (No sniggers please :snorky:)
    Dug one up today - looks pretty thick and white to me! (No sniggers please :snorky:)
    2017-10-22 15.11.58.jpg 2017-10-28 17.18.13.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Clare G

What is this pretty thing please?

You're right, @Clare G, it is a pretty thing. What a lovely surprise!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. martyn bromley

Tree identification please.

All sorted my friend :hapflowers2: just glad to have cleared that matter up :imphrt::spinning: SS im never one to challenge :) only on matters of injustice (cruelty, bullying, neglect) only then will anyone be aware of the...
    All sorted my friend :hapflowers2: just glad to have cleared that matter up :imphrt::spinning: SS im never one to challenge :) only on matters of injustice (cruelty, bullying, neglect) only then will anyone be aware of the sting in me I prefer to live my life peaceably ....as my Mam always says "If ya can't say anyfing...
    All sorted my friend :hapflowers2: just glad to have cleared that matter up :imphrt::spinning: SS im never one to challenge :) only on matters of injustice (cruelty, bullying, neglect) only then will anyone be aware of the sting in me I prefer to live my life peaceably...
    All sorted my friend :hapflowers2: just glad to have cleared that matter up :imphrt::spinning: SS im never one to challenge :) only on matters of injustice (cruelty, bullying, neglect) only then will anyone be aware of the...
    image.jpeg BEE WINK.jpg be_like_the_bee_quote_poster-rd04c1ab0ca894af29092eb8422cfd966_wvt_8byvr_324.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Jack Sparrow

Weeds or not: pretty anyway

Yeah, it's an absolute s*d growing between patio slabs.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. HarryS

Fungus trace ?

Think you're right Harry, not something I would worry about......lots of harmless decaying matter in the soil :)
    Think you're right Harry, not something I would worry about......lots of harmless decaying matter in the soil :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. wiseowl

Fungi on my bark chippings

Not got me books with me Woo, best keep them away from them :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Sonya

Anyone tell me what this is please

The trouble with these weeds is that when you try pulling them out, if they already have seed pods, they will explode, not only into your eyes, but all over surrounding ground.
    The trouble with these weeds is that when you try pulling them out, if they already have seed pods, they will explode, not only into your eyes, but all over surrounding ground.
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Snorky85

Tree ID

Don't get one! :rolleyespink: They're a lovely tree but horrendous for turning up all over the place. It's a lovely Sumach above ground and a Triffid underground. :doh:
    Don't get one! :rolleyespink: They're a lovely tree but horrendous for turning up all over the place. It's a lovely Sumach above ground and a Triffid underground. :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Safronsue

Wasps and small bugs on an almond tree

hi, i don't know really. Wood seems really hard for lil aphids though
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options