1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Zigs

Poisonous Plants - A summary

Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 8

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Zigs
    Like x 19

Important Notice, Please Read

check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though,...
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though, always butter & herbs. Oil makes it bitter. Had many a lovely meadow puffball too.
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though, always butter & herbs. Oil makes it bitter. Had many a...
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. Snorky85

Egg ID?

Possibly Duck or Cream legbar (Chicken).
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Ella17

Help

Thanks everyone for all your help. We will do as you have suggested.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. jpjeffery

This is a...

Well, I found that over a number of years, yes, pull out one, 5 come back, pull out 5, they come back weaker, then next year, repeat...Moving house also worked wonders for us too, and I checked...
    Well, I found that over a number of years, yes, pull out one, 5 come back, pull out 5, they come back weaker, then next year, repeat...Moving house also worked wonders for us too, and I checked the garden thoroughly before deciding on our current place. So I escaped the marestail, but ended up...
    Well, I found that over a number of years, yes, pull out one, 5 come back, pull out 5, they come back weaker, then next year, repeat...Moving house also worked wonders for us too, and I checked the garden thoroughly before deciding on our...
    Well, I found that over a number of years, yes, pull out one, 5 come back, pull out 5, they come back weaker, then next year, repeat...Moving house also worked wonders for us too, and I checked...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. martin-f

ID Please

Going back to progagating days, I think that the Osmanthus ''burkwoodii'' and ''delavayi'' had small glossy leaves, whereas the O. ''heterophyllus'' had holly shaped leaves. O. ''fragrans'' (I...
    Going back to progagating days, I think that the Osmanthus ''burkwoodii'' and ''delavayi'' had small glossy leaves, whereas the O. ''heterophyllus'' had holly shaped leaves. O. ''fragrans'' (I think it was) had larger leaves I have found several different varieties of Rodgersia lately. ...
    Going back to progagating days, I think that the Osmanthus ''burkwoodii'' and ''delavayi'' had small glossy leaves, whereas the O. ''heterophyllus'' had holly shaped leaves. O. ''fragrans'' (I think it was) had larger leaves I have found...
    Going back to progagating days, I think that the Osmanthus ''burkwoodii'' and ''delavayi'' had small glossy leaves, whereas the O. ''heterophyllus'' had holly shaped leaves. O. ''fragrans'' (I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Dan The Man

What's this then??

Ec ky thump :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Krista

What`s this weed?!

Thank you, @Silver surfer :grphg:If we count each individual plant we must have nearly 3,000 :rolleyespink:, but a few hundred of those are runner beans. Our prices for plants are quite cheap but we'd rather sell...
    Thank you, @Silver surfer :grphg:If we count each individual plant we must have nearly 3,000 :rolleyespink:, but a few hundred of those are runner beans. Our prices for plants are quite cheap but we'd rather sell them cheaper and make sure they go to good homes. People that come to our event are all keen...
    Thank you, @Silver surfer :grphg:If we count each individual plant we must have nearly 3,000 :rolleyespink:, but a few hundred of those are runner beans. Our prices for plants are quite cheap but we'd rather sell them cheaper and make sure they go to good homes. ...
    Thank you, @Silver surfer :grphg:If we count each individual plant we must have nearly 3,000 :rolleyespink:, but a few hundred of those are runner beans. Our prices for plants are quite cheap but we'd rather sell...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Snorky85

Is this verbascum?

The flowering stem grows from the middle but would have thought that it should have flowered last year. :scratch:
    The flowering stem grows from the middle but would have thought that it should have flowered last year. :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Snorky85

Any ideas?

thought this was a weed at first but now not so sure.Got a few of these around the front border...Any idea what this climbing rose is?
    thought this was a weed at first but now not so sure.Got a few of these around the front border...Any idea what this climbing rose is?
    IMG_8456.JPG IMG_8454.JPG IMG_8454.JPG IMG_8458.JPG IMG_8459.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Snorky85

I like this but no idea what is in it?

Silver trailing plant left hand rear is Silver Helichrysum (was waiting outside house for OH & daughter when posting other 2, but they came out before posting 3rd).
    Silver trailing plant left hand rear is Silver Helichrysum (was waiting outside house for OH & daughter when posting other 2, but they came out before posting 3rd).
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ARMANDII

ANY IDEAS??

Do you think it's arrival means a Tsusnami is coming my way? :hate-shocked::scratch:
    Do you think it's arrival means a Tsusnami is coming my way? :hate-shocked::scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. cucumber

Please identify yellow plant

They can be a blessing or a curse depending on how much you like them.They are somewhat like dandelions - perennial, have yellow petals and incredibly annoying taproots that easily snap off and...
    They can be a blessing or a curse depending on how much you like them.They are somewhat like dandelions - perennial, have yellow petals and incredibly annoying taproots that easily snap off and regerate new plants. Not quite as hardy or vigorous as dandelions but can still be a pain in the...
    They can be a blessing or a curse depending on how much you like them.They are somewhat like dandelions - perennial, have yellow petals and incredibly annoying taproots that easily snap off and regerate new plants. Not quite as hardy or...
    They can be a blessing or a curse depending on how much you like them.They are somewhat like dandelions - perennial, have yellow petals and incredibly annoying taproots that easily snap off and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Weedling

Messy mixed hedgerow

We have lots of elder elsewhere, so that is good. I think the issue with it here is that it out competes those plants around it and is a bit of a moisture hog. It can end up sticking out like a...
    We have lots of elder elsewhere, so that is good. I think the issue with it here is that it out competes those plants around it and is a bit of a moisture hog. It can end up sticking out like a sore thumb and hold back the other stuff.
    We have lots of elder elsewhere, so that is good. I think the issue with it here is that it out competes those plants around it and is a bit of a moisture hog. It can end up sticking out like a sore thumb and hold back the other stuff.
    We have lots of elder elsewhere, so that is good. I think the issue with it here is that it out competes those plants around it and is a bit of a moisture hog. It can end up sticking out like a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Heucherella

Rhododendron variety?

It's not Percy Wiseman, but a very similar colouring :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. BrandNewGardener

A couple more unidentified plants!

Thank you, that's really helpful. Apparently the geraniums have never flowered so I'm not surprised none of the neighbours knew what they were! Their best guess was a strawberry plant. I'm not...
    Thank you, that's really helpful. Apparently the geraniums have never flowered so I'm not surprised none of the neighbours knew what they were! Their best guess was a strawberry plant. I'm not really surprised, the geraniums have been entirely left to their own devices in a completely shaded...
    Thank you, that's really helpful. Apparently the geraniums have never flowered so I'm not surprised none of the neighbours knew what they were! Their best guess was a strawberry plant. I'm not really surprised, the geraniums have been entirely...
    Thank you, that's really helpful. Apparently the geraniums have never flowered so I'm not surprised none of the neighbours knew what they were! Their best guess was a strawberry plant. I'm not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Rustler

ID's please?

Thank you people. That makes sense. Much appreciated Cheers, Russ
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Blueangeluk

Can someone ID this please

Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Linz

2 things

I'll pull the first one and leave the second then. Thanks all
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. BrandNewGardener

Could anyone help ID these plants/shrubs please?

I'm over the moon you've suggested camellia! I love them but had no idea. It's obviously in need of a lot of TLC so I'll get on that straight away!
    I'm over the moon you've suggested camellia! I love them but had no idea. It's obviously in need of a lot of TLC so I'll get on that straight away!
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Palustris

Yellow and green variegation

Limelight lights up a corner in my garden, although I`m really glad I took advice from an expert and kept it in a pot.;)
    Limelight lights up a corner in my garden, although I`m really glad I took advice from an expert and kept it in a pot.;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. martyn bromley

Flowering shrub

Many thanks Nigel -looked it up following your reply. Yes that looks correct. Regards, Martyn
    Many thanks Nigel -looked it up following your reply. Yes that looks correct. Regards, Martyn
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options