1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Following recent events, the Admin Team have a message for all members, which we hope will give some explanation and information.

We would be grateful if you could take the time to have a read. Thank you.

Click Here For More Info
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Zigs
    Like x 3

Wild or Alpine

Not a Lambretta guy? I was a die hard rocker....mate;) @Zigs
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Zigs
    Like x 22

Important Notice, Please Read

Thanks for the heads up
    Thanks for the heads up
    Thanks for the heads up
    Thanks for the heads up
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Zigs
    Like x 5

Native Trees and Shrubs reference

It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be the one in your image. And there's others, including some hybrids, and it's not help by locals who...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be the one in your image. And there's others,...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Zigs

Poisonous Plants - A summary

Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 9

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7.   » Normal Threads
  8. Snorky85

What is this that has sprouted?

@Marley Farley oh it could be...I had harvested a load of blackcurrents this year - could have fallen in the soil maybe?I guess this will be a case of wait and see.
    @Marley Farley oh it could be...I had harvested a load of blackcurrents this year - could have fallen in the soil maybe?I guess this will be a case of wait and see.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. andrews

Seedling ID

Ive been propagating a few bits that have fallen off other plants and this one sprouted up (top right)It isn't something that I intended to grow. Any ideas what it might be ? My money is on...
    Ive been propagating a few bits that have fallen off other plants and this one sprouted up (top right)It isn't something that I intended to grow. Any ideas what it might be ? My money is on colocasia as the leaf shape and veins look similar to adult plants.Close up below - blasted out...
    Ive been propagating a few bits that have fallen off other plants and this one sprouted up (top right)It isn't something that I intended to grow. Any ideas what it might be ? My money is on colocasia as the leaf shape and veins look...
    Ive been propagating a few bits that have fallen off other plants and this one sprouted up (top right)It isn't something that I intended to grow. Any ideas what it might be ? My money is on...
    IMG_3808.jpg IMG_3810.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Zigs

Coastal Shrub

Thank you so much Pete and Marley... it is such hard work being secretary to Lord Awful :phew:
    Thank you so much Pete and Marley... it is such hard work being secretary to Lord Awful :phew:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Snorky85

Solved ID needed please

Great, thank you @Tetters :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Head Gardener's Dogsbody

Solved Please help Identify this shrub with attractive flowers in December!

Your excellent photos made all the difference, HGD :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. wiseowl

Solved I.D.Please

The weed growing behind it is Euphorbia
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. purpleorchid09

Solved What type of ivy is this?

Been hacking it back in my own garden cant do too much about it as its rooted in next doors garden, but it had taken over the fence pretty much on one side of the garden. I just cut through every...
    Been hacking it back in my own garden cant do too much about it as its rooted in next doors garden, but it had taken over the fence pretty much on one side of the garden. I just cut through every stem I can see, the bigger the better. I think its a PITA to be honest, much better plants than Ivy.
    Been hacking it back in my own garden cant do too much about it as its rooted in next doors garden, but it had taken over the fence pretty much on one side of the garden. I just cut through every stem I can see, the bigger the better. I think...
    Been hacking it back in my own garden cant do too much about it as its rooted in next doors garden, but it had taken over the fence pretty much on one side of the garden. I just cut through every...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Snorky85

Solved What hedge? Griselinia?

My Griselinia looked champion during the beastly blast last winter - it didn`t flinch at all, and I rate it as ''tough as old boots'' :dbgrtmb: ... I grow the green one and the variegated variety.
    My Griselinia looked champion during the beastly blast last winter - it didn`t flinch at all, and I rate it as ''tough as old boots'' :dbgrtmb: ... I grow the green one and the variegated variety.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. barryman

Solved Any ideas what this is??

It was given to me ages ago. I think I've got nothing to lose by cutting it right back as otherwise I'll be throwing it out as it's too leggy. I'll try cuttings from what I might cut off.Thanks...
    It was given to me ages ago. I think I've got nothing to lose by cutting it right back as otherwise I'll be throwing it out as it's too leggy. I'll try cuttings from what I might cut off.Thanks for all advice.
    It was given to me ages ago. I think I've got nothing to lose by cutting it right back as otherwise I'll be throwing it out as it's too leggy. I'll try cuttings from what I might cut off.Thanks for all advice.
    It was given to me ages ago. I think I've got nothing to lose by cutting it right back as otherwise I'll be throwing it out as it's too leggy. I'll try cuttings from what I might cut off.Thanks...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. martin-f

Solved ID please

Easily done! :doh: :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. nikirushka

Which conifer?

Not sure why but Cryptomeria comes to mind.:scratch: It could possibly be a Fir, (Abies) of some kind.
    Not sure why but Cryptomeria comes to mind.:scratch: It could possibly be a Fir, (Abies) of some kind.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. MAJ

Solved Que?

Just didn't look like those few flowers to the right belonged to the same plant.
    Just didn't look like those few flowers to the right belonged to the same plant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. misterQ

Solved Clematis-like climber with small white flowers...

Thought I`d stick these on for comparison purposes :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. MAJ

Solved Spikey one and squiggly one?

Brilliant thanks!
    Brilliant thanks!
    Brilliant thanks!
    Brilliant thanks!
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. MAJ

Solved Wispy weed...?

Thanks @Marley Farley
    Thanks @Marley Farley
    Thanks @Marley Farley
    Thanks @Marley Farley
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. MAJ

Solved Haven't got a clue on this one...

Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. MAJ

Solved Eleagnus pungens?

Yes, I think that's the one! Hurrah! Yes, I kept finding the Maculata ones which is why I thought it should be more yellow. Thanks @Tetters !
    Yes, I think that's the one! Hurrah! Yes, I kept finding the Maculata ones which is why I thought it should be more yellow. Thanks @Tetters !
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. HarryS

Solved Purple Fuchsia ID ?

Thanks all for the advice :blue thumb: @KFF spotted La Campanella , it is a very popular variety , available in most GC's . Just found it in my planting record from 2012 , ready for another basket planting in...
    Thanks all for the advice :blue thumb: @KFF spotted La Campanella , it is a very popular variety , available in most GC's . Just found it in my planting record from 2012 , ready for another basket planting in 2019 :dbgrtmb:
    Thanks all for the advice :blue thumb: @KFF spotted La Campanella , it is a very popular variety , available in most GC's . Just found it in my planting record from 2012 , ready for another basket planting in 2019 :dbgrtmb:
    Thanks all for the advice :blue thumb: @KFF spotted La Campanella , it is a very popular variety , available in most GC's . Just found it in my planting record from 2012 , ready for another basket planting in...
    DSCN0364.JPG FUCH-T57150-A_h.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. crocus

Solved very strange thing in plant pot

Ahh, could it be a begonia corm, possibly too well cleaned, with all the skin missing from the bottom.
    Ahh, could it be a begonia corm, possibly too well cleaned, with all the skin missing from the bottom.
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. MAJ

Solved Buddleja davidii?

When the "Buzz" dwarf Buddleja came on the marketing some years ago I wasn't too keen on them I must admit, Verdun. When I voiced my doubts at that time, I had to get my tin helmet out......as...
    When the "Buzz" dwarf Buddleja came on the marketing some years ago I wasn't too keen on them I must admit, Verdun. When I voiced my doubts at that time, I had to get my tin helmet out......as some members who'd bought them and were growing them in pots on their patio made sure they thought...
    When the "Buzz" dwarf Buddleja came on the marketing some years ago I wasn't too keen on them I must admit, Verdun. When I voiced my doubts at that time, I had to get my tin helmet out......as some members who'd bought them and were growing...
    When the "Buzz" dwarf Buddleja came on the marketing some years ago I wasn't too keen on them I must admit, Verdun. When I voiced my doubts at that time, I had to get my tin helmet out......as...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options