1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. November Photo Comp is now open with a great new theme.! Come and join in.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Zigs
    Like x 3

Wild or Alpine

Not a Lambretta guy? I was a die hard rocker....mate;) @Zigs
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Zigs
    Like x 22

Important Notice, Please Read

Thanks for the heads up
    Thanks for the heads up
    Thanks for the heads up
    Thanks for the heads up
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Zigs
    Like x 5

Native Trees and Shrubs reference

It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be the one in your image. And there's others, including some hybrids, and it's not help by locals who...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be the one in your image. And there's others,...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Zigs

Poisonous Plants - A summary

Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 9

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7.   » Normal Threads
  8. MAJ

Buddleja davidii?

To be honest, MAJ, it looks like it's in the wrong place and will overwhelm the climbing rose and any other plant nearby. Potting up a Buddleja is a temporary solution and you would need a...
    To be honest, MAJ, it looks like it's in the wrong place and will overwhelm the climbing rose and any other plant nearby. Potting up a Buddleja is a temporary solution and you would need a massive container to plant it permanently in so the the Buddleja could grow properly. Having said that...
    To be honest, MAJ, it looks like it's in the wrong place and will overwhelm the climbing rose and any other plant nearby. Potting up a Buddleja is a temporary solution and you would need a massive container to plant it permanently in so the the...
    To be honest, MAJ, it looks like it's in the wrong place and will overwhelm the climbing rose and any other plant nearby. Potting up a Buddleja is a temporary solution and you would need a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. crocus

very strange thing in plant pot

Calla Lily - a very different thing. They do self seed. It looks right as multiple stems grow from single tubers. Did you clean it off?
    Calla Lily - a very different thing. They do self seed. It looks right as multiple stems grow from single tubers. Did you clean it off?
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Dean H

Solved Plant Identification help please.

There are some named varieties selected, for their foliage markings, that you can get. I rather like them as they had some variety to the winter/spring garden.
    There are some named varieties selected, for their foliage markings, that you can get. I rather like them as they had some variety to the winter/spring garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. MAJ

Solved What's this little tree?

Sounds like a good idea to me...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sheal
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Sheal

Solved Mystery plant

And it's not really a thug! I just give it a hard trim in spring, and it behaves quite well. I have a terrible colour clash because eccremocarpus grows through it. Trimming it gives you a lovely...
    And it's not really a thug! I just give it a hard trim in spring, and it behaves quite well. I have a terrible colour clash because eccremocarpus grows through it. Trimming it gives you a lovely smell of blackcurrant.
    And it's not really a thug! I just give it a hard trim in spring, and it behaves quite well. I have a terrible colour clash because eccremocarpus grows through it. Trimming it gives you a lovely smell of blackcurrant.
    And it's not really a thug! I just give it a hard trim in spring, and it behaves quite well. I have a terrible colour clash because eccremocarpus grows through it. Trimming it gives you a lovely...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Zigs

Solved Parasola Plicatilis

That seems to be the badger, ta :thumbsup:Not in any of my books :doh::)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Zigs

Solved Some sort of flower

Definitely a plant once, weed out forever plant!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Ariadae

Solved Does anyone know what this blue flower is please?

Thankyou, I think that’s it
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. RandyRos

Solved What is this in my pal's garden?

Thank you Clare G, that looks exactly like it. I'll pass it on to my friend :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Carllennon

Forgot what I planted

I dont remember when I planted them really.Yes the Cinquefoil is a bit annoying, it was all over the whole bed when I moved in a year ago and cleared most of it. just around the edges now. I am...
    I dont remember when I planted them really.Yes the Cinquefoil is a bit annoying, it was all over the whole bed when I moved in a year ago and cleared most of it. just around the edges now. I am revamping the bed in the new year and will be digging up all the bits around the edge. Going to...
    I dont remember when I planted them really.Yes the Cinquefoil is a bit annoying, it was all over the whole bed when I moved in a year ago and cleared most of it. just around the edges now. I am revamping the bed in the new year and will be...
    I dont remember when I planted them really.Yes the Cinquefoil is a bit annoying, it was all over the whole bed when I moved in a year ago and cleared most of it. just around the edges now. I am...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. YellowLab
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. misterQ

Solved Mystery Yellow Fruit Bearing Plant...

You wonderful, wonderful people, thank you.Thanks in particular to Barb in Pa for the fantastic pictures - I very much appreciate the extra effort.I will report back next year about flower colour.
    You wonderful, wonderful people, thank you.Thanks in particular to Barb in Pa for the fantastic pictures - I very much appreciate the extra effort.I will report back next year about flower colour.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Rafael

Solved name the plant please

I have seen plant labels suggesting -5c maximum hardiness but different suppliers give out different info, I occasionally get -6/7c's even down here in winter (I'm in a frost pocket) so I wouldn't...
    I have seen plant labels suggesting -5c maximum hardiness but different suppliers give out different info, I occasionally get -6/7c's even down here in winter (I'm in a frost pocket) so I wouldn't plant one out. I would like to know if they have survived -10c!
    I have seen plant labels suggesting -5c maximum hardiness but different suppliers give out different info, I occasionally get -6/7c's even down here in winter (I'm in a frost pocket) so I wouldn't plant one out. I would like to know if they have...
    I have seen plant labels suggesting -5c maximum hardiness but different suppliers give out different info, I occasionally get -6/7c's even down here in winter (I'm in a frost pocket) so I wouldn't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Pushkin

Solved Name the plant please

No offence meant, just pulling your leg :) Glad you got it I’d ‘d :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. DaveyNG

Solved Strange new plant in my flower bed

Thank you all for your replies. I will remove the plant given it’s poisonous nature.
    Thank you all for your replies. I will remove the plant given it’s poisonous nature.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Rafael

Solved name the plant please

Thanks. I was worried it was Japanese knotweed))I was plagued by Japanese knotweed before and had to pay to have it removed from my property, luckily it didn't return. This website may well...
    Thanks. I was worried it was Japanese knotweed))I was plagued by Japanese knotweed before and had to pay to have it removed from my property, luckily it didn't return. This website may well prove useful in the future if you ever think you have it again How To Identify Japanese Knotweed,...
    Thanks. I was worried it was Japanese knotweed))I was plagued by Japanese knotweed before and had to pay to have it removed from my property, luckily it didn't return. This website may well prove useful in the future if you ever think you have...
    Thanks. I was worried it was Japanese knotweed))I was plagued by Japanese knotweed before and had to pay to have it removed from my property, luckily it didn't return. This website may well...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. eddybaby

Solved I love this but what is it?

Good afternoon @eddybaby my friend no worries it was a pleasure to be of some help
    Good afternoon @eddybaby my friend no worries it was a pleasure to be of some help
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Bgfloyd

Solved Heuchera

Lovely heuchera!
    Lovely heuchera!
    Lovely heuchera!
    Lovely heuchera!
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. MAJ

Forsythia? Awaiting Flower

Leaves aren't far off a forsythia however I think the bark looks darker?
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options