1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Zigs
    Like x 3

Wild or Alpine

Not a Lambretta guy? I was a die hard rocker....mate;) @Zigs
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Zigs
    Like x 22

Important Notice, Please Read

Thanks for the heads up
    Thanks for the heads up
    Thanks for the heads up
    Thanks for the heads up
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Zigs
    Like x 5

Native Trees and Shrubs reference

It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be the one in your image. And there's others, including some hybrids, and it's not help by locals who...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be the one in your image. And there's others,...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Zigs

Poisonous Plants - A summary

Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 9

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7.   » Normal Threads
  8. Ella17

Please help identify this shrub

Mystery solved!! Thank you very much for your help.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. shiney
    Like x 3

Solved This Is A Rather Attractive Pond Plant

Aponogeton distachyos also known as Water Hawthorn
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. MAJ

Solved Eupatorium?

Thanks @Silver surfer! to my rescue again. Eupatorium at least. Hurrah!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. JWK

Solved Mystery blue flower suddenly appeared

Just looked back through my spreadsheet and in 2013 I sowed RHS free seeds "Lobelia x speciosa, H., tubular two-lipped purple flowers, 1-1.5m.". I normally grow seedlings on in pots and plant when...
    Just looked back through my spreadsheet and in 2013 I sowed RHS free seeds "Lobelia x speciosa, H., tubular two-lipped purple flowers, 1-1.5m.". I normally grow seedlings on in pots and plant when they get big enough, I have no recollection that these ever germinated. It must be a tough little...
    Just looked back through my spreadsheet and in 2013 I sowed RHS free seeds "Lobelia x speciosa, H., tubular two-lipped purple flowers, 1-1.5m.". I normally grow seedlings on in pots and plant when they get big enough, I have no recollection that...
    Just looked back through my spreadsheet and in 2013 I sowed RHS free seeds "Lobelia x speciosa, H., tubular two-lipped purple flowers, 1-1.5m.". I normally grow seedlings on in pots and plant when...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Amy Kakoura

Various plant IDs

Amy.. may I suggest you do them in batches of 3 at a time. When these have been id add the start a new thread for the next batch
    Amy.. may I suggest you do them in batches of 3 at a time. When these have been id add the start a new thread for the next batch
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Trunky

Mystery plant - wild flower perhaps?

Trunky...any chance of more pics to show the flower buds fully open.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Ceb

Solved Plant ID help

@Ceb i am wondering if your second plant is a Spiarea there are several different ones.. :scratch:
    @Ceb i am wondering if your second plant is a Spiarea there are several different ones.. :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Barders

Solved Pretty plant identification please?

Thank you, Cinnamon, I had forgotten about them! I have Googled that plant and the flowers do look like that. I will have another look at the leaves tomorrow to make sure. We would like some of...
    Thank you, Cinnamon, I had forgotten about them! I have Googled that plant and the flowers do look like that. I will have another look at the leaves tomorrow to make sure. We would like some of these in a new garden as well, so pretty and there are usually bees on it when I go out.Thanks again :dbgrtmb:
    Thank you, Cinnamon, I had forgotten about them! I have Googled that plant and the flowers do look like that. I will have another look at the leaves tomorrow to make sure. We would like some of these in a new garden as well, so pretty and there...
    Thank you, Cinnamon, I had forgotten about them! I have Googled that plant and the flowers do look like that. I will have another look at the leaves tomorrow to make sure. We would like some of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. BellaBlue

Unknown plant from seed

It's going to be exciting when it flowers :) Keep us posted.....
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Freddy

Solved An ID please

A truly lovely plant but cage it as it suckers like crazy!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. misterQ

Solved Clematis-like climber with small white flowers...

Next step is to study the leaves on your one and compare it to "Clematis terniflora" / "Clematis virginiana" or "Clematis apiifolia". It is hard when there are so many with rather similar...
    Next step is to study the leaves on your one and compare it to "Clematis terniflora" / "Clematis virginiana" or "Clematis apiifolia". It is hard when there are so many with rather similar flower. Also check when they flower.....rule out any that flower early in the year.
    Next step is to study the leaves on your one and compare it to "Clematis terniflora" / "Clematis virginiana" or "Clematis apiifolia". It is hard when there are so many with rather similar flower. Also check when they flower.....rule out any that...
    Next step is to study the leaves on your one and compare it to "Clematis terniflora" / "Clematis virginiana" or "Clematis apiifolia". It is hard when there are so many with rather similar...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. MAJ

Solved Multi-stemmed plant. What is it?

Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Greybelle

Solved Rescued Plant

Good morning @Greybelle my friend no worries ,but the offer is always there,enjoy your day
    Good morning @Greybelle my friend no worries ,but the offer is always there,enjoy your day
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Fat Controller

Solved What are these beautiful trees, please?

I thought that there are two species, @pete? One flowers in Spring, the other in summer? Pentandra syn. ramosissima is the later flowering one? Mine's flowering at the mo, at least the bits that...
    I thought that there are two species, @pete? One flowers in Spring, the other in summer? Pentandra syn. ramosissima is the later flowering one? Mine's flowering at the mo, at least the bits that the hornets haven't eaten :wallbanging:
    I thought that there are two species, @pete? One flowers in Spring, the other in summer? Pentandra syn. ramosissima is the later flowering one? Mine's flowering at the mo, at least the bits that the hornets haven't eaten :wallbanging:
    I thought that there are two species, @pete? One flowers in Spring, the other in summer? Pentandra syn. ramosissima is the later flowering one? Mine's flowering at the mo, at least the bits that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. RandyRos

Solved Never seen this before....

I googled that and it does look like the wild type. Funny i've not seen them before. Thanks
    I googled that and it does look like the wild type. Funny i've not seen them before. Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Beginners luck

Solved Help identifying plant

Just a thought, but have you pruned it last year. That could stop flowers the following spring.
    Just a thought, but have you pruned it last year. That could stop flowers the following spring.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Saliha

Any idea what this might be?

@Silver surfer ... this picture shows E pallasii with stems?
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Howard Stone

Solved Exotic looking plant thriving in London suburb

Many thanks for reporting back to everyone. That was a hard one to get correctly named. Interesting.
    Many thanks for reporting back to everyone. That was a hard one to get correctly named. Interesting.
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. KatLeb

Solved Strange growth on young Wisteria?

Ahh that makes a lot of sense, thanks for putting my mind at ease!
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Jack Sparrow

Solved Weed identification

Willowherb.If you dig it up you should find swollen white roots (stolons) underneath by which means it spreads.
    Willowherb.If you dig it up you should find swollen white roots (stolons) underneath by which means it spreads.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options