1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. kamchow

help with identifying plant

a quick look around google and it seems to be "cornus alba elegantissima red-twig dogwood". so TVM lolimac.
    a quick look around google and it seems to be "cornus alba elegantissima red-twig dogwood". so TVM lolimac.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. mick

Help, i need somebody!

sorry ziggy i seem to have posted this thread twice, the pics are in the other post.
    sorry ziggy i seem to have posted this thread twice, the pics are in the other post.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Ava

Not a tulip?!

Thanks guys, you're ace!:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. SooBee

Yellow Perennial but what is it!

Thank you, that certainly looks like it!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. simon_the _shrub

Can anyone identiy these 2?

No1. is Kerria also known as Butterball a-a
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Ashes

Please Say That These Are Flowers And Not Weeds...

clueless, i too love borage, it lasts ages, has beautiful flowers and attracts bees to my garnden. i started off with only one a couple of years ago, it came in a mixed seed pack my daughter had...
    clueless, i too love borage, it lasts ages, has beautiful flowers and attracts bees to my garnden. i started off with only one a couple of years ago, it came in a mixed seed pack my daughter had from b&q we didnt know what it was and at the rate it grew (it was bigger than her at one point)she...
    clueless, i too love borage, it lasts ages, has beautiful flowers and attracts bees to my garnden. i started off with only one a couple of years ago, it came in a mixed seed pack my daughter had from b&q we didnt know what it was and at the rate...
    clueless, i too love borage, it lasts ages, has beautiful flowers and attracts bees to my garnden. i started off with only one a couple of years ago, it came in a mixed seed pack my daughter had...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. scotty

help identifying a shrub.

I thought the last picture looked like philadelphus too. You can cut them right back although I agree that isn't usual, I did it through desperation one year after several branches were damaged...
    I thought the last picture looked like philadelphus too. You can cut them right back although I agree that isn't usual, I did it through desperation one year after several branches were damaged and I was amazed at how well the plant grew back.
    I thought the last picture looked like philadelphus too. You can cut them right back although I agree that isn't usual, I did it through desperation one year after several branches were damaged and I was amazed at how well the plant grew back.
    I thought the last picture looked like philadelphus too. You can cut them right back although I agree that isn't usual, I did it through desperation one year after several branches were damaged...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Bluebellsofheadley

Help needed to identify this plant please

Thanks for your replies! Symphytum definitely rings a bell. Thanks again.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. edgey1976

I.D. Probable Weed

It does spread profusely. Just pull it out where you don't want it. I've left mine at the back of borders close to fencing. It gives blue/purple spikes through to late summer.
    It does spread profusely. Just pull it out where you don't want it. I've left mine at the back of borders close to fencing. It gives blue/purple spikes through to late summer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. newtoitall

Name that plant :)

Agree re the first one being a Paeonia. The second one looks like a deciduous Azalea, possibly Luteum :)
    Agree re the first one being a Paeonia. The second one looks like a deciduous Azalea, possibly Luteum :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. CazH1975

What can this be?

Thank you, thats it exactly. Just told Dad its poisonous so he's going to get rid of it. Cheers :)
    Thank you, thats it exactly. Just told Dad its poisonous so he's going to get rid of it. Cheers :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. kyleleonard

Any ideas?

Next time i go past that house im well gona want to run into their garden and take a picture...
    Next time i go past that house im well gona want to run into their garden and take a picture...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. geejay

Perennial id please

OK first wild guess: Cranesbill - swatense ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Victoria

Wildflower or not .... ?

Hi Silver surfer, sorry I missed this posting yesterday evening. I agree it is definitely not a Euryops of any description as I have had several varieties over the years and, as you say, it is...
    Hi Silver surfer, sorry I missed this posting yesterday evening. I agree it is definitely not a Euryops of any description as I have had several varieties over the years and, as you say, it is daisy like. I found my Med wildflower book (lost in a jumble as building works are being done) and...
    Hi Silver surfer, sorry I missed this posting yesterday evening. I agree it is definitely not a Euryops of any description as I have had several varieties over the years and, as you say, it is daisy like. I found my Med wildflower book (lost...
    Hi Silver surfer, sorry I missed this posting yesterday evening. I agree it is definitely not a Euryops of any description as I have had several varieties over the years and, as you say, it is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. longk

Shrub ID appreciated please

Thanks! Not too sure about my "sensitive" pruning though.......... Sadly, it needs a rather severe chop as it's in front of the wall that has to repaired.
    Thanks! Not too sure about my "sensitive" pruning though.......... Sadly, it needs a rather severe chop as it's in front of the wall that has to repaired.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. GF3

What is this 40+ year old plant?

I got a Peony off free cycle last year (around June/July) and it had been dug up quite roughly, the spade slicing through the tuber, but I potted it up and cut it back; as the leaves and stems...
    I got a Peony off free cycle last year (around June/July) and it had been dug up quite roughly, the spade slicing through the tuber, but I potted it up and cut it back; as the leaves and stems were all damaged anyway, I left the tuber just marginally below the surface and it came into to growth...
    I got a Peony off free cycle last year (around June/July) and it had been dug up quite roughly, the spade slicing through the tuber, but I potted it up and cut it back; as the leaves and stems were all damaged anyway, I left the tuber just...
    I got a Peony off free cycle last year (around June/July) and it had been dug up quite roughly, the spade slicing through the tuber, but I potted it up and cut it back; as the leaves and stems...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. joolz68

Is it a herb?i.d plz

Id gladly swap it for one :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Daffodil Fan

Anyone know this plant?

Very gardenworthy it looks, too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. rustyroots

Does anyone know what these are?

It attracts hawkmoths :blue thumb: so its a stayer in my garden :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. StephenA

I bought this plant and lost the label. Any ideas?

Silver surfer. Thank you
    Silver surfer. Thank you
    Silver surfer. Thank you
    Silver surfer. Thank you
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice