Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. SvenLittkowski

More to Identify (2)

Anyone having an idea about photo #2?
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. SvenLittkowski

More to Identify (3)

Nobody..?
    Nobody..?
    Nobody..?
    Nobody..?
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. markandspike

Is this a sloe berry (blackthorn) bush please.

Yes confirmed my with the thorns. Picked two pounds of them. The sloe gin is on the go now. Going to make some sloe vodka friday. So will have a happy christmas.
    Yes confirmed my with the thorns. Picked two pounds of them. The sloe gin is on the go now. Going to make some sloe vodka friday. So will have a happy christmas.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. HYDROGEN86

is this a cordyline?

Thanks everyone. Will try and get a pic of it flowering next year. It says on wiki that it cleans the water of nearby lakes and stuff
    Thanks everyone. Will try and get a pic of it flowering next year. It says on wiki that it cleans the water of nearby lakes and stuff
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. HYDROGEN86

I.D Please anybody?

Sorry Spruce, I was thinking of a tv drama too, House & the Occum's razor principal:D Had a stressfull day didn't mean to be assy:love30:
    Sorry Spruce, I was thinking of a tv drama too, House & the Occum's razor principal:D Had a stressfull day didn't mean to be assy:love30:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Lily1968

Can anyone tell me what this plant is please?

Thanks for that. Do I just cut off the dead looking branches with secateurs? Unfortunately our full garden is paved, so I'll need to get a larger planter. Lots of the plants left were almost...
    Thanks for that. Do I just cut off the dead looking branches with secateurs? Unfortunately our full garden is paved, so I'll need to get a larger planter. Lots of the plants left were almost buried in the trees and we found them when we cut them back :phew:
    Thanks for that. Do I just cut off the dead looking branches with secateurs? Unfortunately our full garden is paved, so I'll need to get a larger planter. Lots of the plants left were almost buried in the trees and we found them when we cut...
    Thanks for that. Do I just cut off the dead looking branches with secateurs? Unfortunately our full garden is paved, so I'll need to get a larger planter. Lots of the plants left were almost...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. bluel39

What is this tree?

Thanks so much for all the replies!I looked in some detail at the suggestions and it does look very much like a Virburnum Tinus, the V. Davidii has different leaf veins. The flowers and berries...
    Thanks so much for all the replies!I looked in some detail at the suggestions and it does look very much like a Virburnum Tinus, the V. Davidii has different leaf veins. The flowers and berries also look very similar to pictures on the web.That's fantastic, I'm so pleased. (I have also...
    Thanks so much for all the replies!I looked in some detail at the suggestions and it does look very much like a Virburnum Tinus, the V. Davidii has different leaf veins. The flowers and berries also look very similar to pictures on the...
    Thanks so much for all the replies!I looked in some detail at the suggestions and it does look very much like a Virburnum Tinus, the V. Davidii has different leaf veins. The flowers and berries...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Bilbo675

ID Fun.....

Thanks for the replies guys :thumb:, I potted most of them up in to 5" pots the other day, here is a pic of just a few...anything any clearer????, just for fun, nothing serious...:D
    Thanks for the replies guys :thumb:, I potted most of them up in to 5" pots the other day, here is a pic of just a few...anything any clearer????, just for fun, nothing serious...:D
    Plants 010.jpg Plants 011.jpg Plants 059.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. SvenLittkowski

More to Identify (4, final)

Thanks once more! Great forum here, great members, great spirit! Let's hope that the other three threads will be successfully, too.
    Thanks once more! Great forum here, great members, great spirit! Let's hope that the other three threads will be successfully, too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Louiseness

Are these sloes?

If the tree has inch long spikes that skewer your hand as you pick them, they're sloes, if not, they're damsons.
    If the tree has inch long spikes that skewer your hand as you pick them, they're sloes, if not, they're damsons.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Triffid

Another mystery for me...

well I'll be a triffids stipule - the roots smell of clovers!CHEERS ziggy et all :yess:
    well I'll be a triffids stipule - the roots smell of clovers!CHEERS ziggy et all :yess:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. HYDROGEN86

Himalayan Balsam?

Found a very informative I.D sheet on the defra website really fascinating:)PDF File:and a video fthe seed pods exploding on wikipedia:
    Found a very informative I.D sheet on the defra website really fascinating:)PDF File:and a video fthe seed pods exploding on wikipedia:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. pamsdish

Whats my name ??

Looks like Chenopodium album (Fat-hen) to me:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. HYDROGEN86

I.D Please anybody?

Here is a better picture I think. It was growing in groups all over wetlands by a mere. :cool:
    Here is a better picture I think. It was growing in groups all over wetlands by a mere. :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Salgor

Does anyone know .....?

Aesculus is right we need a bigger pic to have a shot at ID'ing what it is.:dunno: Try resizing the photo if you can:D
    Aesculus is right we need a bigger pic to have a shot at ID'ing what it is.:dunno: Try resizing the photo if you can:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. katty

ID help

Thank you for the identification and advice, i will tackle the viburnum this weekend, along with project lawn!I'm glad to hear the celadines are liked by some as i will have quite a few in...
    Thank you for the identification and advice, i will tackle the viburnum this weekend, along with project lawn!I'm glad to hear the celadines are liked by some as i will have quite a few in Feb!Thanks all :)
    Thank you for the identification and advice, i will tackle the viburnum this weekend, along with project lawn!I'm glad to hear the celadines are liked by some as i will have quite a few in Feb!Thanks all :)
    Thank you for the identification and advice, i will tackle the viburnum this weekend, along with project lawn!I'm glad to hear the celadines are liked by some as i will have quite a few in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Rosie2040

Help identifying plant....

I have it in my garden Rosie, you could collect the seed and sow in spring but I find it seeds around everywhere on its own:), there's also a white version.
    I have it in my garden Rosie, you could collect the seed and sow in spring but I find it seeds around everywhere on its own:), there's also a white version.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ARMANDII

Does anyone have a clue what this is??

Got it, Pete!!! Brilliant, well done, mate.:D It was driving me slightly insane:rolleyespink:, because I knew I'd seen it somewhere before. Thanks, Pete.
    Got it, Pete!!! Brilliant, well done, mate.:D It was driving me slightly insane:rolleyespink:, because I knew I'd seen it somewhere before. Thanks, Pete.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. shygardener

cant identifie this flower, please help me!!

Wrong species same genus:thumbsup: the one on the Envrionment agency list isImpatiens glandulifera where as the one in the photo is Impatiens balfourii
    Wrong species same genus:thumbsup: the one on the Envrionment agency list isImpatiens glandulifera where as the one in the photo is Impatiens balfourii
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. HYDROGEN86

I.D Please anybody?

lol, having written an essay about it for my degree and being forced to read it to the class it's something I would rather forget :loll:
    lol, having written an essay about it for my degree and being forced to read it to the class it's something I would rather forget :loll:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice