1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Piffyuk

Conifer ID and advice please

HiI wasn't sure if this belonged in trees, beginner's gardening or where but here goes. I've been in my new home almost exactly a year and got a bit better feel for it now. I've inherited a...
    HiI wasn't sure if this belonged in trees, beginner's gardening or where but here goes. I've been in my new home almost exactly a year and got a bit better feel for it now. I've inherited a few conifers in my flower beds and I am having trouble knowing what's best to do with them. I don't...
    HiI wasn't sure if this belonged in trees, beginner's gardening or where but here goes. I've been in my new home almost exactly a year and got a bit better feel for it now. I've inherited a few conifers in my flower beds and I am having...
    HiI wasn't sure if this belonged in trees, beginner's gardening or where but here goes. I've been in my new home almost exactly a year and got a bit better feel for it now. I've inherited a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. gcc3663

Unexpected Interloper - What is it?

It's great when you find a random plant starting out in your garden...especially one like that!
    It's great when you find a random plant starting out in your garden...especially one like that!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. HYDROGEN86

I.D Please anybody?

Sorry about that Hydrogen, thanks for the patience. :) Oooooooo Ziggy, I've just melted. Thanks for that. :dbgrtmb: Time I had a blast under the headphones again! :D
    Sorry about that Hydrogen, thanks for the patience. :) Oooooooo Ziggy, I've just melted. Thanks for that. :dbgrtmb: Time I had a blast under the headphones again! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ~Jen~

Triffid

They're a lovely plant, Tiarella!!!! I love them in my borders and in the evening the scent is really strong and sweet, fantastic:D
    They're a lovely plant, Tiarella!!!! I love them in my borders and in the evening the scent is really strong and sweet, fantastic:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. SvenLittkowski

More to Identify (1)

Well, Tarragon could be possible, it was among the seeds I put a long time before into that soil. Maybe it finally decided to germinate and grow. Would be great!Sure this is Tarragon?
    Well, Tarragon could be possible, it was among the seeds I put a long time before into that soil. Maybe it finally decided to germinate and grow. Would be great!Sure this is Tarragon?
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. nannydodo

name please if possible

Many thanks for coming back to us with id. Interesting. The leaves definitely look correct.Google Images
    Many thanks for coming back to us with id. Interesting. The leaves definitely look correct.Google Images
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jungle Jane

Rose Identification

Hmm I've not seen it inside the bud before? I posted a thread about powdery mildew not long ago, but it didnt spread to the flower so not sure what that is? Is it just on the one flower? Maybe a...
    Hmm I've not seen it inside the bud before? I posted a thread about powdery mildew not long ago, but it didnt spread to the flower so not sure what that is? Is it just on the one flower? Maybe a spray of rose clear or something would do the trick? That seems to tackle most problems/diseases if...
    Hmm I've not seen it inside the bud before? I posted a thread about powdery mildew not long ago, but it didnt spread to the flower so not sure what that is? Is it just on the one flower? Maybe a spray of rose clear or something would do the...
    Hmm I've not seen it inside the bud before? I posted a thread about powdery mildew not long ago, but it didnt spread to the flower so not sure what that is? Is it just on the one flower? Maybe a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. OxfordNick

Can I eat it ?

Can't tell just from the pic but never eat mushrooms without being 100% sure of the id.
    Can't tell just from the pic but never eat mushrooms without being 100% sure of the id.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. CosmosGuy

Help with Plant ID

Thanks for all of the replies regarding the ID's of the below :) gcc3663 definitely agree with you on the relative...... that did make me chuckle :heehee: Armandii thanks for the info about the Bears...
    Thanks for all of the replies regarding the ID's of the below :) gcc3663 definitely agree with you on the relative...... that did make me chuckle :heehee: Armandii thanks for the info about the Bears Breeches (Acanthus Spinosus).....what an interesting name! Would be interested to know where that came...
    Thanks for all of the replies regarding the ID's of the below :) gcc3663 definitely agree with you on the relative...... that did make me chuckle :heehee: Armandii thanks for the info about the Bears Breeches (Acanthus Spinosus).....what an interesting...
    Thanks for all of the replies regarding the ID's of the below :) gcc3663 definitely agree with you on the relative...... that did make me chuckle :heehee: Armandii thanks for the info about the Bears...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. juelmer

ID for a tree/shrub please

After looking at the pics I agree, that's perfect, thank you so much for your help. I can complete my assessment now and keep Ofsted happy :yess:
    After looking at the pics I agree, that's perfect, thank you so much for your help. I can complete my assessment now and keep Ofsted happy :yess:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. fuchsialady

A Spotty plant

Thank you for that speedy reply. Never heard of it! But at least I can now sound as though I know what I'm talking about!! I expect I'll leave them where they are for the moment.
    Thank you for that speedy reply. Never heard of it! But at least I can now sound as though I know what I'm talking about!! I expect I'll leave them where they are for the moment.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. HYDROGEN86

I.D Please anybody?

Ziggy, do you know the lyrics to the Rain Song.....very poignant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Scrungee

Not a braeburn, but what is it?

Discovery?
    Discovery?
    Discovery?
    Discovery?
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. SvenLittkowski

More to Identify (2)

Anyone having an idea about photo #2?
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. SvenLittkowski

More to Identify (3)

Nobody..?
    Nobody..?
    Nobody..?
    Nobody..?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. markandspike

Is this a sloe berry (blackthorn) bush please.

Yes confirmed my with the thorns. Picked two pounds of them. The sloe gin is on the go now. Going to make some sloe vodka friday. So will have a happy christmas.
    Yes confirmed my with the thorns. Picked two pounds of them. The sloe gin is on the go now. Going to make some sloe vodka friday. So will have a happy christmas.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. HYDROGEN86

is this a cordyline?

Thanks everyone. Will try and get a pic of it flowering next year. It says on wiki that it cleans the water of nearby lakes and stuff
    Thanks everyone. Will try and get a pic of it flowering next year. It says on wiki that it cleans the water of nearby lakes and stuff
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. HYDROGEN86

I.D Please anybody?

Sorry Spruce, I was thinking of a tv drama too, House & the Occum's razor principal:D Had a stressfull day didn't mean to be assy:love30:
    Sorry Spruce, I was thinking of a tv drama too, House & the Occum's razor principal:D Had a stressfull day didn't mean to be assy:love30:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Lily1968

Can anyone tell me what this plant is please?

Thanks for that. Do I just cut off the dead looking branches with secateurs? Unfortunately our full garden is paved, so I'll need to get a larger planter. Lots of the plants left were almost...
    Thanks for that. Do I just cut off the dead looking branches with secateurs? Unfortunately our full garden is paved, so I'll need to get a larger planter. Lots of the plants left were almost buried in the trees and we found them when we cut them back :phew:
    Thanks for that. Do I just cut off the dead looking branches with secateurs? Unfortunately our full garden is paved, so I'll need to get a larger planter. Lots of the plants left were almost buried in the trees and we found them when we cut...
    Thanks for that. Do I just cut off the dead looking branches with secateurs? Unfortunately our full garden is paved, so I'll need to get a larger planter. Lots of the plants left were almost...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. bluel39

What is this tree?

Thanks so much for all the replies!I looked in some detail at the suggestions and it does look very much like a Virburnum Tinus, the V. Davidii has different leaf veins. The flowers and berries...
    Thanks so much for all the replies!I looked in some detail at the suggestions and it does look very much like a Virburnum Tinus, the V. Davidii has different leaf veins. The flowers and berries also look very similar to pictures on the web.That's fantastic, I'm so pleased. (I have also...
    Thanks so much for all the replies!I looked in some detail at the suggestions and it does look very much like a Virburnum Tinus, the V. Davidii has different leaf veins. The flowers and berries also look very similar to pictures on the...
    Thanks so much for all the replies!I looked in some detail at the suggestions and it does look very much like a Virburnum Tinus, the V. Davidii has different leaf veins. The flowers and berries...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice